Halo Steak Seafood & Wine Bar
13226 Macleod Trail SE
Calgary, AB T2J 7E5Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Halo Steak Seafood & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.halorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4032714111
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Friday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Poty
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Halo offers two private dining rooms for any occasion, available any time. We can also facilitate larger functions by offering the main floor or the upper floor as a private venue for up to 125 guests. Think of us for weddings as we will handle all the details necessary to make your day special, including the ceremony on our lovely patio perhaps. We have extensive knowledge on how to run your next office party, or meeting and are able to accommodate many different styles as well as provide equipment for training and presentations. We can customize menus for you such as buffets, plated dinners, breakfast meetings and even mix and mingle parties. Halo offers an elegant and professional approach and we will book your function with ease and care.
- Private Party Contact: Maria Kostaras 4032714111
A word from Halo Steak Seafood & Wine Bar
Halo Steak Seafood & Wine Bar offers a large and eclectic menu that will entice every diner in your group. We focus on quality, house made sauces and sides over Fresh Seafood and quality Sterling Silver Steaks. Dress up and be fancy on our main floor dining room or relax in our lounge and enjoy a unique experience. We specialize in details and you will be treated like a VIP while you enjoy wine, our extensive martini list and some great food with a Greek influence. Our servers will not rush you, so save room for dessert made with care from our in house pastry chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Halo Steak Seafood & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Halo Steak Seafood & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (21)great for outdoor dining (15)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good spot in the SWOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014My first time to Halo found me on the spacious balcony with lots of sun. It's in a parking lot but still a nice spot. The service was very attentive. The wine list is long and they had a drink special. Our food was decent but not exemplary. They put out some coupons so definitely worth checking out for a discount of if you are in the deep south.Special Features:
- Halo's a hitCassieDined on 9/13/2014Halo restuarant has a notable wine list and variety of martinis. The ambiance is very nice and cozy which was just what we were looking for. The service was excellent and the dijon mustard crusted lamb delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night and more...ForeverSkyDined on 9/13/2014Great atmosphere in the dinning room and the service is exceptional. We didn't have to wait long for our food, although it was so good that it's worth waiting for. If your dinner is done but don't feel like calling it a night they have a lounge upstairs with patio. We had a great time and we'll be back sooner than later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fantasticDeepslicedbaconDined on 9/12/2014Great food, courteous fast and friendly service. Classy. Great steaks and seafood. Fantastic restaurant to go to for an anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet BrunchallmagicDined on 9/7/2014I booked an 11:30 brunch last Sunday for three of us. When we arrived we were surprised at how empty the parking lot was. We were even more surprised by how empty the restaurant was, in fact we were the only ones there. Needless to say, if you're looking for a nice, quiet place to have brunch, Halo is the place for you. As we dined the restaurant saw a few more patrons come in but I don't think I saw more than 5 five tables at any given time. The service was great and the food was pretty darn good too, although I found the menu quite small and choices were limited. All the main fare was present so you shouldn't have a problem finding something you like. Thanks Halo for a nice brunch, we'll be back!Special Features:
- nite2dineDined on 9/6/2014Great dinner and night out. Very friendly, attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in a tough locationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014The food is excellent and the service was very attentive. Sometimes a little too attentive, but better than ignoring you. The location of this restaurant makes it tough to fill the place. Unless you know it's there or have heard about it you probably wouldn't stumble across it. The prices are pretty high but normal for the type of food and experience they are trying to accomplish. Not a place you could afford to go to all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveCarrieavaDined on 9/5/2014I ordered steak and lobster. Steak had no flavor. For 55 dollars I wouldn't return for that. But the ambiance was nice. Service was great.Special Features:
- Love this place!SandiDined on 9/4/2014This neighborhood one of a kind restaurant provides a very enjoyable dining experience. Great atmosphere and excellent quality food - a step up from the franchise restaurants in the area, and always consistently good. Manager typically checks on each dining group. This is our go-to spot for a nice dinner out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent First Time VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Haven't heard anything about Halo and was not disappointed. Went there for our 25th Anniversary and had let them know at booking. When we arrived we were seated at a table next to the fireplace. And was congratulated by the server who was very helpful with the wine and food menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointing2canchewDined on 9/1/2014I took my wife for our second wedding anniversary and were seated as requested in front of the fire place there wasn't anyone in the restaurant when we arrived and the setting was perfect then two more groups of people came in and were seated right next to us we could hear there conversations and it kinda spoiled the mood. If the restaurant was full I wouldn't be complaining but it wasn't. there was so many other places not near one another to choose from I'm sure the other customers felt the same way. Food was fantastic as was the first time we visited. We love Halo and will be going back for sure but it could have been better had we had more privacy.Special Features:
- Mixed feelings about this placeGlowDined on 8/31/2014I guess it didn't start off with a good note. They gave away our table which we stood around to wait for them to figure things out. We got our drink and food order in & our waitress was nice and friendly. When our food arrived, it looked great. I was missing my shrimp which was later brought out. Our appetizers never came so we decided to cancel since we had our main dishes. 3 out of 6 of our steaks were overcooked, so they made us new ones. Dessert was good, loved the ice cream cake. Then came the bill, we were either overcharged or undercharged, had to get it fixed twice. Overall, I wasn't too impressed as we waited a long time and with the amount of problems we encountered, they only offered us coffee and tea for our inconvenience.Special Features:
- Amazing Celebration DinnerFoodisyummyDined on 8/31/2014My fiancée and I took my parents out for a celebration dinner and were not disappointed. Although I had not mentioned anything in my reservation, we were given the best table in the house. From appetizers to dessert, everything about our dinner was superb. Marvin, our server, was genuine, funny, attentive and very gracious. We enjoyed having him take care of us for the evening. We will definitely be back to Halo soon! Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Pleasant evening outDaveDined on 8/29/2014Relaxing atmosphere, comfortable environment. The service was good and all in the party of six enjoyed their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience1234Dined on 8/23/2014Our server, the meal, the wine was great. The only hiccup in our evening was when the hostess tried to seat us upstairs in the lounge despite having made reservations on line. She was a bit snippy when we declined to be seated upstairs. Apparently you need to specify that you want to be seated downstairs when making your reservation. Lounge is fine, but when dining out with out of town guests, the dining room is preferred. We have a brand new local pub that could have fit that bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, againNsmbdmDined on 8/15/2014Excellent dinner, ribs and planked salmon......who of our favourites.....Special Features:
- Always DependableAnneualVIPDined on 8/15/2014You can always count on Halo for a decent meal with decent service. Halo is a good, solid restaurant in a great location for us. I love the convenience of dinner and a movie then back to finish your bottle of wine with dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LouzDined on 8/13/2014Service was very good. Food was pretty average. Ambience was average as well. There are so many good restaurants in Calgary. Not sure I would go out of my way to go here but maybe for lunch possibly. The 1/2 price wine was nice.
- awesome food!bflyingsoloDined on 8/8/2014Food and service were great! Too bad the romantic table for two was surrounded by high noise levels and few buffer zones. We weren't offered a secluded corner for two when the table of 13 celebrating a birthday came in and took over the entire restaurant volume. I'd still recommend for future visits and will be back but may specify the quieter corner in my next Open Table reservation! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badMichaelDined on 8/8/2014I have come here several times however I felt like this time around it felt like I was let down. The server was very slow, did not offer to tell us about the wine menu or if there was a special menu item. The main course was rather bland (Tuscan seafood pasta) and slow service. Overall, the food was ok but would not order the same menu item again. I was also disappointed in the server as he was not interested working that night in my opinion.Special Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014It did have a cosy romantic air to it. Not as in French scene or over the top but a cabin feel with flare.Special Features:
- FantasticDanVDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I love to come to this restaurant for all of our special occasions. I am particularly fond of their Naughty (or even Naughtier depending on my mood) New York steak. A definite delight and highly recommended!Special Features:
- HalowannabefoodieDined on 8/2/2014Our dinner was fantastic and all of the staff were great ... We have been to Halo a number of times for special occasions, dinner or just some great appies and drinks - always great.Special Features:
- Great attmosphere, food just okayMorgan27Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I recently went to Halo for my birthday supper. We were recommended by a friend. The atmosphere was very nice, however the food was just okay. We ordered the dry ribs for an appy and they were hot and very tasty. For our meal I ordered the steak and lobster and when it arrived it was not hot and my steak was medium, instead of medium well, which is what I had asked for. My lobster was not hot and was rubbery, not what you would expect when you pay $55 for a meal. My husband ordered the ribs and his were warm and very tasty. For a meal that was over $100 I would expect it to be excellent not just okay.
- Great steak!!guestDined on 7/25/2014Still don't know the difference between slow cooked and righteous, but were both impressive. Bacon-wrapped shrimp is a must-have.Special Features:
- 1olderdinerDined on 7/24/2014Food and service was very good enjoyed the atmosphere was quiet so thar a conversation could easily be carried on .the food was nicely presented and arrived hotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nattaDined on 7/18/2014very impressed with everything in that restaurant. Beautiful place, very stylish and comfortable, love the blue colour ! Service was wonderful, food was delicious and came exactly as expected. Their warm freshly baked bread with nice garlicky butter was a great touch and helped us to survive until our dinner arrived which wasn't too long of a wait. It is worth to ask the server what is the most popular as we did and tried it. Usually we wouldn't order that particular dish as we had that before couple of times somewhere else and didn't get impressed. However, it was amazing and we were very happy to order it and will order it next time we will be there. Definitely a nice spot for a couple, for family and a place to take your friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and evening.happytoreturnDined on 7/17/2014We took some neighbors for dinner the other night to Halo and it was a great experience. We'd been there several times and never disappointed so when we wanted to treat our neighbors who are quite discriminating (she's done a cooking course in Italy) we chose Halo. They totally enjoyed their meals and the featured wine so we were very gratified with our choice and our evening!Special Features:
- Hmmm! What Happened?SEOFDined on 7/17/2014New Chef in the kitchen?? Had to send the Filet steak back twice. Ordered it medium well - arrived rare. Sent it back - arrived rare again. Gave up and didn't want it any more. The restaurant was excellent at adjusting the bill. We will be back. Chalk this one up to a bad night for the Chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Nice TimeceadDined on 7/16/2014Visited Halo a few evenings ago with my husband and his parents for their birthdays. Had a choice of two patios plus pub or dining indoor seating. Inside ambiance was lovely (great soft music) but because it was hot outside we chose the upstairs patio. Waiters were attentive and prompt but not hovering. All of us enjoyed our food very much - the men had ribs, I had chicken and my mother-in-law had salmon. Starters and dessert also excellent. The waiter was gracious and very willing to make a non-menu drink and to substitute sides. The only downside was very loud, annoying music on the patio - my father-in-law is hard of hearing and struggled with conversation. We'll go back for sure, but will probably sit inside.Special Features:
- Good eats, great service!Search4goodfoodDined on 7/14/2014We've come a couple times and my husband and I both find it delicious! Marvin was a great server - excellent service! Highly recommend peanut butter pie for dessert, it's so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited choiceSensitiveGirlDined on 7/9/2014For someone with my dietary restrictions, I can't eat onions or nuts, the menu ends up being very limited. I was told I could eat ONE pasta dish or I could have steak. I appreciate that the kitchen makes the food from scratch, that is great, but with many items being marinated in advance or somewhat pre-prepared it means that special requests cannot be accommodated. The food was good, and the atmosphere on the patio was great, but I probably won't be back because there just isn't much that I can eat on the menu.Special Features:
- seafood casserolla and back ribsiwilbback2cuDined on 7/8/2014We ordered these entrees and we are not quite happy.the baby back ribs is dry and I ordered my seafood caserolla without the bed of Fettuccini. It turned out to haave two strands of noodles in it.I am not impressed with that.and our server by the patio is not very friendly at all.she did not mention unless with ask about side dishes.she seemed to be in a rusH and doesn't wanted to elaborate and explain the menu for us.the service is not impressive at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can you spell "Reservation"?Just8Dined on 7/4/2014Expected a nice quiet table in the dining room for this important celebratory dinner for 6 but was shown upstairs to a table in the lounge. What was the point of the reservation?? Thankfully it wasn't overly busy and they kept the music low. Our server helped make up for it with excellent service and the food was great with guests raving about the baked potatoes, of all things. I enjoyed the special which was Shrimps & Scallops in a dill/spinach/basil Alfredo sauce over fettuccini. Delicious! We had a pleasant evening but I'm still shaking my head over the non-reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014FANTASTIC MEAL!! FANTASTIC SERVICE!! Thank you for making our wedding anniversary a special event. Will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed meat coldluv4foodDined on 6/28/2014I ordered baby back ribs and my husband ordered Sirloin Steak and when served to our table. Both of our meat was bit cold and had to tell the waitress that our meat is not hot. They took it away our plates. Few minutes later, they return our plates to our table and both of our meat were hot. When we were there first time the food were hot and great and then our second time return to Halo Restaurant, meat were cold. Hopefully it not going to happen again if we ever come again.Special Features:
- Always great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Food is always great. Melt in your mouth salmon. Ribs that truly live up to their biblical name. Great place for conversations.Special Features:
- Poor menu on SundaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Went for lunch at 2 but the menu on Sundays is only for brunch, the website doesn't say anything about this, there was no one there , maybe if they serve lunch menu more people would done there! The food was cold and over cooked! Very disappointed!Special Features:
- Yummycowtown1987Dined on 6/19/2014I went here on a weeknight with my family to celebrate my Birthday. We had a group of 8. The food was a little mixed. We started with a mix of appetizers, all were fantastic. For the main course, I had the salmon which was delicious. Several people had the steak with a lobster tail added. The steak was all cooked to order, although the lobster for the most part seemed to be slightly over done. My mom commented the King Crab was delicious, although very tough to get out as they did not pre-crack the legs. It was also slightly over cooked. Service was friendly and fast, prices were reasonable for a nicer night out. They had a special on lobster tails the night we went. I would definitely return!Special Features:
- Good but nothing specialFrenchyDined on 6/15/2014Nice restaurant, food was good. A little overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.