1701 Gulf Blvd
Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785Neighborhood:
Indian Rocks Beach
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.3bestchefs.com/
- Phone: 7275932032
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm,; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Bebell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Guppy's
The favorite gathering place for locals and visitors is the perfect spot to enjoy lunch and/or dinner along the magnificent sunset. Savor the chef's Daily specials such as Blue Crab Taco, Jamaican Jerk swordfish, Potato Crusted Salmon, and Grilled Jumbo Sea Scallops and Shrimp. The extensive menu serves the freshest of seafood. In addition Filet Mignon, New York Strip Steak from prime cut of tender Black Angus Beef are cooked to perfection. Specialty sandwiches include the popular signatures Guppy's Grouper Sandwich. you may choose your favorite wine from their stellar wine list or enjoy their generous cocktails at their newly designed full liquor bar. A great selection of home made desserts along with an espresso or cappuccino will be a delightful way to finish off your dining experience. When on the mainland please visit our sister restaurants E&E Steakout Grill and Mystic Fish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Guppy's - Best Restaurants in Indian Rocks Beach ›
Guppy's reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (54)neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (31)great for lunch (25)kid-friendly (19)good for groups (19)romantic (19)hot spot (13)great for brunch (11)scenic view (10)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Guppy's across from beach, not onGAK11101VIPDined on 9/18/2014Guppy's was recommended to us by a friend. We were visiting Florida for a week and decided to give the restaurant a try. We were looking for a place that was outside and on the water. When we looked it up, it says Guppy 's on the Beach. We were to say the least, disappointed when we arrived to find out it is across the street and you really can't even see the beach from the outdoor patio. Service was good, food was average.
- Diners DelightdinerschoiceDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant was a great find on my trip to St. Petersburg Beach, FL. The food was great and so was the plating and presentation. We had a great appetizer and entrée. There is a 15% gratuity fee added to each bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a happy birthdayJRFORDDined on 9/1/2014We arrived @ 5 and received our bill @ 6. Our dinner was rushed, as it felt like they needed the table. When we made the reservstion we had noted it was a birthday celebration and our waiter did no even ask if we desired desert. We just got the bill as we were still finihing our main course. Food was great, but we missed the birthday celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place - off the beaten pathWestonerVIPDined on 9/1/2014We found this place thanks to OpenTable - it was perfect for a Sunday Brunch. I went with my wife and two boys - we all had different meals and each was done perfectly. Note: We started with the calamari and the fried oyster appetizers - The calamari was average; the oysters were outstanding! The place is casual, so come with your favorite Hawaiian shirt and flip flops. I promise you'll have a great time.Special Features:
- Hopefully an exceptionTimDDined on 8/26/2014For our second time at Guppy's we invited 2 other couples. While the food was good, as expected, the service was very slow. The restaurant was busy, our waiter only had 3 tables but couldn't seem to remember our request for drinks, butter, etc. and was slow to respond. This didn't ruin our dinner but made it much less enjoyable than it could have been. Maybe our waiter was inexperienced or perhaps they should consider removing the mandatory tip to motivate the wait staff.Special Features:
- good valuejradioVIPDined on 8/23/2014It's not on the beach, but across the street. Good service and a very full menu of choices. We started with crab guacamole which was a great combination. The gulf oysters were good but the horseradish could have had more kick. You get warm tasty bread with an olive oil dip. Meals come with a nice salad. Shrimp and grits has good flavors and the sautéed shrimp had a nice Greek touch with olives and spicesSpecial Features:
- Excellent Dining!SeanMDined on 8/16/2014We've been going to Guppy's for years. Always excellent food. A must try if you're in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SODASOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014YOUR FOOD IS EXCELLENT. WE LIKE SODAS BUT THEY ARE ALWAYS FLAT. WE USUALLY GET DIET COKE BUT ALWAYS SEND IT BACK FOR ANOTHER TYPE OF DRINK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birhtday dinner at Guppy'sbirthdaydinnerDined on 8/12/2014This is the third year a row we are at Guppy's and celebrating my wifes birthday, a great place with a kind staff and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectCrisDined on 8/11/2014For anyone that wants the perfect meal Guppy's on the Beach is just that. From appetizer to entrees to dessert even the coffee is delicious. Had the pleasure of dining here while spending some time at a friend's beach home. Guppy's was suggested to me and I was so happy we came here. Best meal I've had in a while. While we were in the St. Petersburg area the last two weeks this was by far the best restaurant we went to. Everyone visiting or living in the area must go.Special Features:
- Sea Bass Wowforrest16Dined on 8/8/2014As usual had the sea bass, and it is sea bass, not some sneaky substitute. And as usual it was wonderful with good texture, flavor and an excellent presentation. Service was friendly and very efficient. Be there again next month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014better than average beach dining. Have to go through the gauntlet and past servers coming out of the kitchen to be seated inside.Special Features:
- Love this place!homebrewDined on 8/4/2014I visit Guppy's often, I have always had wonderful service and fresh food, one of my favorite Restaurants in our area!Special Features:
- Happily Surprised!BellaDonnaVIPDined on 8/1/2014Typically when we go to a restaurant located in a touristy area, on a Friday evening, we expect just average food & drinks at inflated prices. This was not the case at Guppy's. We started with appetizers - My husband ordered the shrimp & corn chowder and he was quite impressed. I ordered the oysters on the half shell and they were fantastic. We both ordered the crab cake entrée and they were, indeed, quite tasty! I ordered a glass of the red sangria - they add cinnamon to it... sounds crazy, but Dude, It Works! Our server was pleasant but not exactly proficient. Our appetizers were staggered - mine came together with my salad. Meal was great though! We look forward to returning!Special Features:
- Wonderful..in every way!ElaineDined on 7/31/2014We celebrated Mom's 89th Birthday Dinner.. followed with a beautiful Sunset across the street at Indian Rocks Beach. Our Server was Ashley, very neat and caring to ensure our dining experience was perfect in every way. Coconut Shrimp and the Herb Crusted Sea Bass with sides were delicious. For Dessert, I chose ( to surprise Mom ) the Flight of Three Mini Desserts, served with candles on a nice elongated plate, the portions were perfect. Dinner was served at a nice pace, even though the Dining Room was continually full. Tables are spaced well. Food was excellent, the Staff are accommodating and the Restaurant is always clean and meticulous. Guppy's is one of our favorites for Lunch or Dinner since 1999. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Great place to visit!bscherer05Dined on 7/27/2014We are local to the Tampa Bay area, and this was our first trip to Guppy's. After our visit, we wondered how we hadn't found this place sooner. The food was great, the atmosphere was nice, and the service was complementary. If you plan to visit in the evening, I encourage making reservations. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Good seafood!Seafood29Dined on 7/27/2014Guppy's has great seafood. We go there when we want consistent good food. It is always crowded but that's because it's dependable. A bit noisey. Families do go but the tables are close together and might be hard for families. Great Mango Margiritas!Special Features:
- First time visitBumpnrunDined on 7/24/2014Everything we ordered was fabulous. The Blue Crab Guacamole and the crab cakes were great for starters. The seared Ahi Tuna was fork tender and melted in your mouth. Save room for the best key lime pie ever.Special Features:
- Still a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014It has been a while since we went to Guppy's, but food and service were as good as remembered. Our waiter, Rob, made some great suggestions. Attentive, but still gave us plenty of privacy. The menu was a hit with our clients. App's and fish were excellent. Great wine/beer selection.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!!AjelaxDined on 7/19/2014Every time I come back to the Tampa Bay Area I have to stop by here. Christian the server was amazing. The food was beyond words. Very clean and organized. Loved it!!'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guppy's is a winnernyerlontanoVIPDined on 7/17/2014One day when the humidity in July dropped, I took a friend to Guppy's for lunch so we could sit outside. It was wonderful! Service, atmosphere, and the food as terrific as I remembered from six months ago. If only more friends would visit I'd eat there more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time DinersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014First time at Guppy's. Overall, a good experience. Enjoyed the calamari, the aioli sauce was good. Had the scallops with the mushrooms and risotto cake, really tasty. Our server had the scallops cooked a second time, he did not feel the first ones were cooked properly. He apologized and even though we waited a little longer, I was glad he made the effort. My husband had the lobster ravioli, not the greatest, the ravioli were good but the sauce had an ingredient that he was not fond of, cilantro? Perhaps a white bechamel sauce instead or a red marinara type sauce.Special Features:
- Something for everyone!smithflaDined on 7/8/2014We brought an eclectic group to Guppy's this week, and everyone left happy! Needed vegetarian options, non-seafood options, and other dietary restrictions, PLUS needed a good cocktail selection, and Guppy's provided. Steven our waiter was funny and professional and explained the menu to us, helping us with the best choices for all of our groups' meals. Highly recommend crab cakes, ahi tuna, and vegetable tower!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Enjoyed wonderful dinner fresh Grouper was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place.BlacknGold4everDined on 7/5/2014Food was just awesome. Best meal we had over our entire vacation. Very fresh ingredients and well prepared dishes. Great service as well. If I lived anywhere near this place, I'd eat there 3 days a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodAlanDined on 7/1/2014Another enjoyable lunch. This was the first time for our guest and she has added the restaurant to her go-to list.Special Features:
- Great food and fabulous serviceRob4848Dined on 6/28/2014Went to this restaurant after reading some reviews. Pleased we went there. Food was great and the service was terrific. One of the best waiters we have ever had. Would most definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- Not the usualfamilyof4Dined on 6/28/2014Very disappointed this time. Usual things are better here. I brought my family in with my dad and step mom and was very disappointed in the service. Server kept screwing up and saying fair enough. Food was good as always but the service needs work.
- First TimersLuvbchlifeDined on 6/27/2014Great food and excellent service but disappointed that we had made reservations and was sat at a high top table in the bar area and it was extremely loud! Only negative. Will recommend and return on our next trip to Clearwater but request outside table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie21Dined on 6/15/2014Have always enjoyed bringing family and friends to dine at Guppy's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guppy's for Yuppies!AlmostPerfectDined on 6/14/2014Great, casual beach spot. Worth the drive from anywhere. Make sure you make reservations to avoid long waits. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great meal with great serviceAndyDined on 6/13/2014Great meal with great service. We were seated promptly at an indoor table as we requested. Our server was very solicitous throughout our meal. The food was very good, well prepared and nicely presented. We were not rushed or left waiting, pace was just right. This visit the dining room was noisy which made it difficult to converse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant rocks!beachluverDined on 6/12/2014Guppy's was a great find in Indian Rocks! We enjoyed our meal and drinks. The atmosphere was inviting and service was friendly & efficient. It has a colorful illuminated bar! It was quite busy so reservations are a must. If you like good food, Guppy's is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperienceBCloseDined on 6/12/2014Went here two years ago on vacation & happy to report it STILL has some of the best food in Indian Rocks Beach!Special Features:
- Great food and placevadg72Dined on 6/11/2014Food was very delicious. waitress was courteous. We will happy to come back.Special Features:
- born2dineDined on 6/9/2014Potato crusted salmon is a winner. The baby arugula salad with grilled chicken is a luncheon delight. For desert we indulged in the tasty fried banana caramel cheesecake which was nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2gemDined on 6/7/2014Very disappointing. Service was poor. Other tables were served and we were still waiting. Waiter finally came over and acknowledged delay. Manager never came to table.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodVisitingfromCTDined on 6/5/2014Great lobster, super salmon and great mix of flavors. Attentive servers.Special Features:
- Always GoodTessDined on 6/4/2014They have a fresh, eclectic menu. Chef is always thinking of unique specials. We've been going to Guppy's for many years and have not been disappointed. Managers and staff are always there to make sure you are satisfied.Special Features:
- great for special occasionssupperscout57Dined on 6/2/2014I took my wife there for our 3 year anniversary. We both loved the food and the good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 752 reviews are from the Guppy's reviews archive.