Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - DC
900 F Street NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonbiersch.com/locations/washington-dc
- Phone: (202) 783-5454
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am;
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Abdul Bello
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: Gordon Biersch at 900 F Street features two unique private spaces and can accomodate groups of up to 60.
- Cross Street: 9th Street
- Public Transit: Located one block from the Verizon Center/Gallery Place/Gallery Place Chinatown Metro stations and three blocks from Metro Center.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Public parking facilities, street parking and valet services provided by the adjacent hotel are all available.
A word from Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - DC
At Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant, our passion is to produce and deliver to our guests the highest quality and freshest products. Our tradition of on-site brewing and food made fresh, from scratch, are the most evident examples of this passion. Our restaurant and people offer a relaxed and inviting atmosphere, attentive and friendly service, fresh food carefully and creatively prepared, specially brewed beers and other fine beverages. We feel it is this combination of elements that make a great dining experience possible. The Gordon Biersch heritage of superior beer, great food and good times are now served up fresh daily in locations stretching coast to coast. Committed to using only the freshest and finest ingredients, our restaurant showcases a passion for food with seasonal menus, daily specials and frequent changes to the regular menu. Our restaurant, located in the original Riggs Bank Building, features a unique and classic décor and an inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (44)great for lunch (43)vibrant bar scene (35)neighborhood gem (30)kid-friendly (21)fit for foodies (17)hot spot (16)great for outdoor dining (12)special occasion (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (6)scenic view (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Fine brew pubpetwalkDined on 11/14/2014Stayed at adjacent Courtyard Hotel, wanted something easy. Fit the bill. Beer was excellent. Food not fancy but had good flavor, presentation. Was very noisy on a Friday night. Would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/14/2014I usually like this restaurant. This time however service was beyond poor. In addition the food was cold when it came out. Not a positive experiences at all.
- Good food & beertomcaspsfanDined on 11/14/2014Food, beer and service were excellent. Good place for a pre event meal for Berizon Center eventsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Caps Game Dinner!!ElizabethDined on 11/11/2014We made a reservation through Open Table, and left home earlier than usual, due to the Concert for Valor. We were 45 minutes early for our reservation, but they were able to seat us right away. The restaurant filled up quickly, with lots of red jerseys, so it felt like a pre-game party. We started with the housemade potato chips, with feta, garlic, and onions, which are delicious. I had a burger, and it was perfectly cooked, with a side of fruit instead of fries. My friend had a salad, which she said was very good. Our server was friendly, quick with refills, and efficient. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice to be backOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2014Haven't been here for a while and it was nice to remember why I've liked the place. Turns out it's perfect for early preshow dinner. And our server, Joshua, was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!! food. service and ambience.DCNativeVIPDined on 11/10/2014We really enjoyed our lunch. Seafood Cobb salad is awesome. We will be back. Hub loved Kobe burger. The strawberry lemonades were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2014Our server was very friendly and attentive. Our dessert was good but because they ran out of ice cream, he comped it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing nightCapsfan57Dined on 11/8/2014This was my third time at the restaurant. In the past both the service and food were fine. My boyfriend & I stopped to have dinner before the hockey game on Saturday. The service was lousy, seemed the kitchen was in total disarray and order was incorrect. My boyfriend ordered the grilled caesar salad with chicken. It arrived without the chicken. Since many seated around us weren't even getting their food orders, we didn't send it back. Management was apologizing for the service but couldn't seem to make it better.
- Enough was enough...Capsfan504Dined on 11/8/2014We were seated two hours in advance of our plans at Verizon Center. I know it was busy, but I knew it was going to be bad news when it took 30 mins to get a glass of wine. We ordered as soon as we sat. After an hour, we started asking questions; the waitress said she would check. At an hour 30, she brought just the appetizer. The manager came and apologized - we told him we did not have the time to wait because we had an event. At least he comped the wine and we didn't have to pay for anything.... But we never did get dinner on our one rare date night out!!Special Features:
- BethesdaDinerVIPDined on 11/6/2014Our server was very personable; great job - reason enough to return. The garlic fries really are legendary - don't miss them.
- gingergirlDined on 11/5/2014I have never had a bad experience. I have coming to Gordy B's for over ten years. I like the way they keep changing their menu, except they did eliminate the cashew chicken salad which I liked.Special Features:
- AnyaDined on 11/4/2014Our dining experience at Gordon Biersch Brewery was very satisfying. The ambiance and food were just right for a casual lunch. Our waitress was quite pleasant and very helpful - when she didn't know the answers to our questions about the menu, she cheerfully sought help from the kitchen staff. This is a great place for a fun lunch!Special Features:
- Pre Caps gametomcaspsfanDined on 11/2/2014Gordon Biersch is a great place for a pre game meal and beers before a Caps game. Close to Verizon Center, good food and beer and fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOUR THE BREWS!LindseyDined on 11/1/2014What a find! I was hungry and my waiter was awesome! He was so knowledgeable about all the beers. He took me on a tour "around the world" with all the beers! I got to know him and found out about his true political passions! Service Excellence at its best! Joshua - thank you! You made my late night dinner spectacular!Special Features:
- Charming old school settingFINERDINERDined on 10/31/2014For good fare and great beer, the setting in this former bank location cannot be beat. Another plus is the proximity to the Verizon Center, making this an excellent pre-order option. From entry to exit, the staff was welcoming, attentive and friendly. Although the restaurant interior is rather large, my party was able to admire the setting and enjoy each other's company. Bottom line, we could see and hear each other while we enjoyed the fabulous fare from the menu, especially the popular garlic fries..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caps Pre-GameCapsFan25VIPDined on 10/29/2014My favorite place to go before I game - and I go to a lot of them! Food is consistently good, great beer, decent prices, and the servers all do their part to get you out the door in time for puck drop!I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Made reservations prior to attending a Caps game. Everyone liked their food, wait staff was prompt and courteous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014Always enjoy going to Gordon Biersch--not fine dining but good and pleasant atmosphere. Great servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointingjdv21113Dined on 10/11/2014While not a complete wash-out, several lapses in service would dissuade me from returning the DC location. A very indifferent hostess "greeted" us and made it known that our 6:45 reservation could not be accommodated and indicated a 12-20 minute wait. I indicated that our party would wait at the bar; she did not offer a buzzer. After 30 minutes, I went back to the host stand to inquire about the table; the other greeter saw to it that we were seated. Our server for the evening was very good; she was distraught later in the evening when a steak order was late to the table -- eventually was served about 15 minutes after the other diners entrees arrived. The manager came by to apologize and was very generous with a desert comp.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Has a reservation for 6:30PM and wasn't seated until 7PM. We didn't see a waiter till 7:30PM and the food didn't arrive until 8PM. 3 of the 4 of us got our meals while the 4th didn't get his until we finished. We saw the server twice during the entire night, once to deliver drinks and once to collect the check.
- Good menu for a brew pubwoodyDined on 10/9/2014This is good comfort food and some upscale dishes at reasonable prices - especially for downtown. The setting is also pretty swank with its big marble columns. The wait staff was very patient, attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- great before game .willcwellDined on 10/9/2014Always go here before a caps game. Great beer, good food, good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Great placeDCDinerDined on 10/9/2014This is my go to spot. I'm never disappointed. GB has a great atmosphere. It's lively, with a bright, open floor plan and has a variety of seating areas and options, so it's good for couples, families or large groups. Sitting at the bar for drinks or dinner is also enjoyable. Their menu has something for everyone and while very reasonable in price, the presentation is high class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broad MenuWRoegeDined on 10/7/2014We had a group for lunch. We were seated right away and the service was very attentive all through the meal. We were not rushed. The menu has something for everyone and every dish was tasty and fresh. Great place to get out and eat without breaking the bank.Special Features:
- Frozen entreeDisappointedVIPDined on 10/3/2014Usually, the food is great. But this time my wife's salad arrived with tuna that was frozen solid. And the replacement salad was so-so (was supposed to NOT have bacon on it, yet it came with bacon. Unfortunately, the other two entrees for our party were also so-so instead of the usual great food I expect. I hope this was a one-time situation, but as of now, my wife has no intention of returning.Special Features:
- Grab a drink/dine & go to ballgameBobKatDined on 9/24/2014We stopped here for dinner and a beer. Fast, friendly service, with good prices. Convenient to the MetroRail to head on down to the Nats Stadium. Join their frequent diner club!Special Features:
- Will definitely be backSpecialKVIPDined on 9/24/2014A colleague and I made a last minute reservation here and were well accommodated. The staff was friendly and fun, contributing to the overall comfortable lunch atmosphere. The drinks were great and the food was good. My colleague had the fish n chips and mentioned that they went pretty hard on the batter, but otherwise we enjoyed our meals. I had the cajun chicken... no notable complaints. We had a comfortable booth near a window, which was a great way to people watch while remaining off the main path of incomers and outgoers. Overall a very good place for a weekday lunch and I'm sure we'll each return.Special Features:
- Great food and beerCamilleDined on 9/19/2014Gordon Biersch Brewery was the perfect stop for our party of four. We were looking for a casual restaurant with good food and moderate prices. The food was very good. Everyone who ordered beer enjoyed it very much. We actually returned the next day for more beer!Special Features:
- Great Food! Who knew?CaltagVIPDined on 9/17/2014We came for Oktoberfest and, as expected, the beer, sausages, and pretzels were excellent. I forgot my credit card and went back to pick it up two nights later and had dinner off the regular menu. The German burger my wife had was fantastic, and the crab and lobster melt appetizer I got as a meal was one of the best things I have ever eaten. I had no clue the food was so good in this beer joint.Special Features:
- Dissapointing!jacquiVIPDined on 9/17/2014I would not recommend this restaurant. I have dined there previously and it was very tasty. Yesterday was very disappointing! The menu changed. I had a hard time finding a vegetarian option. The food was extremely bland. My friend's order was wrong (it was corrected when we brought it to the server's attention). My salad was all iceberg lettuce (even though the menu described a variety of lettuce). Things were just plain and bland. I won't go back.
- experience could have been betterkakes17Dined on 9/14/2014food was great, EXCEPT for my daughter's burger. ordered medium, received a burger beyond well done. waiter never returned to check on our meal. finally had to flag down another server to request our server return to the table. even then, took our server some time to come back to us; the rest of us had already finished our meal. not going to blame the chef; server could have placed order incorrectly AND server should have come back shortly after serving to check if everything was ok. the other meals served were totally delish!!!Special Features:
- Just okayJenn26Dined on 9/13/2014I had heard great things so I was looking forward to dinner but it was nothing amazing. The restaurant is beautiful but we were stuck under the mezzanine level catwalk/stairs - even with a reservation - so we didn't get to enjoy the scenery or ambiance. I had the hefeweizen & it wasn't very good. I drank orbit I wouldn't get it again. The farmhouse burger was tasty. I think I'd give them a higher rating if our table hadn't been so terrible. We should've asked to be moved so that was our fault.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brutal experienceBrutalVIPDined on 8/31/2014Excited when we walked in to Gordon Biersch. Fun atmosphere & nice buzz. Our enthusiasm went away quickly. The service was brutal. Our waiter - trying to pull off a Stifler imitation with his no care attitude - was clueless about the menu and, frankly, EVERYTHING to do with being a server. Had to ask to have the table wiped off from the previous diners as well as for silverware, napkins, side plates and water. Apprarently, everything is ala carte here. The food was nothing short of terrible. Burgers dry & shriveled. All the stuff we ordered had seemingly died under a heat lamp before it got to our table. An all around lousy experience.
- Delicious CrabcakesHisLoveEvangDined on 8/26/2014Your seafood was fresh and filling. I love the crab cakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to meet for lunchAmeliaDined on 8/25/2014I always choose this as a meeting spot for lunch in downtown DC. Nice friendly staff, great menu selections and pretty environment. Perfect!Special Features:
- Mediocre Brew PubDaveyVIPDined on 8/23/2014For some reason I was expecting craft beers and upscale gastro-pub food. The beer was decent but nothing special and the food was very ordinary pub grub. Partner ordered the fish & chips which seemed safe choice but after one bite opted not to eat it. They did the right thing and took it off the check. My steak was decent and cooked properly, the derive was pleasant and efficient. I did like the setting, decor and location. I would suggest this place for the tourists looking for a place to re-fule or hang out between sight seeing.Special Features:
- Love those garlic friesTastyTooDined on 8/22/2014I heard a lot about the famous garlic fries and I was not disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!Nicole12345Dined on 8/20/2014This is a bar and brewery that's great do grabbing a drink or two and one of the few places in DC that stays open late. My friend and I had a great time. The food and atmosphere was inviting. It's definitely a place I will continue to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Didn't get to eat there. Made reservation at GB at 1st and M street in DC but they don't take reservations so you automatically gave me a reservation at a GB blocks away. Ate somewhere else Finally got table at GB at 9:30 PM. Waited 45 minutes for a cup of coffee. Was never waited on. open Table and Gordon Biersch suck.
- Has ImprovedWillieVIPDined on 8/9/2014We've been to GB many times over the years. The past two times we've been recently, the food has really been outstanding. The filet medallions on this visit were excellent (although the server indicated that "they're not like what the menu says"). Excellent mashed potatoes. The clincher though the last two visits has been the apple bread pudding dessert. The serving is HUGE - plenty for two to share and is one of the best bread puddings I've had anywhere. Save room for it. Service can still be a bit spotty with empty drink glasses and disappearing servers at times. Love the old bank building architecture although it can be very noisy with all the hard surfaces. If you haven't been to GB lately, try it. It has definitely improved.I would recommend this to a friend.