4844 Butler Rd
Glyndon, MD 21071Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.glyndongrill.com/
- Phone: 4438814183x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Worthington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Glyndon Grill
From the owners of Barrett's Grill at the Hunt Valley Towne Centre, Glyndon Grill will operate with a different menu and chef than Barrett's but will also focus on in-house, made-from-scratch preparations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Glyndon Grill - Best Restaurants in Glyndon ›
Glyndon Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (95)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (36)good for groups (27)special occasion (23)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (14)great for brunch (14)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (11)romantic (10)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- It's alrightTynna76Dined on 9/17/2014The room we were in wasn't that special, but the main room seemed to have a little more character. The service was good, the food just ok. There was nothing on the menu that jumped out, nothing unique. The best dish of the night was probably 3 small lamb chops that we got as an appetizer.
- odd music choicechickenchickDined on 9/14/2014So, there was loud classic rock playing during Sunday brunch. The television was on, also. I guess it was because we were seated next to the bar. The food was good, although there was a lot of ice and orange juice in the mimosas - they had no fizz. Husband sent back his bacon because he asked for it crisp. I did not send back my runny eggs, which I requested over hard. I just didn't eat them. The potato hash was great, as well as the waffle and French toast. The service was very good. They weren't busy at all for a Sunday afternoon - that's unusual for a restaurant in our area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Once AgainFoodieDined on 9/12/2014This is the second or third time I've dined at Glyndon Grill always finding the wait staff is accommodating and food is delicious. I hope they keep up the good work. Excited about the new happy hour also!!Special Features:
- New Addition to Glyndon: great!likes2eatoutVIPDined on 9/12/2014The Glyndon Grill has found a place that they have transformed into a vibrant and delicious venue. Good food; packed house; good wait staff; all in all a winner!Special Features:
- Over priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Panerra bread lobster roll is better. Disappointed. Probably won't eat here again.
- Very nice staffJennaVIPDined on 9/6/2014The staff went above and beyond to make our dinner great! Glyndon Grill have a great management team that is very personable and helpful and because of that we will be back!! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Grilllikes2eatoutVIPDined on 9/6/2014A nice new addition to the neighborhood. Food and atmosphere were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glyndon/Reisterstown Go-to4OrrDined on 9/6/2014When we're in the area we usually hit GG. It is very reliable and the food is usually better than average. Corn and crab chowder and chicken potpie are standouts. Meal salads are on the small side, but good. Fellow diners were happy with burgers and especially because the brioche roll did not fall apart like so many rolls, and the burger was substantial but not so large that you could not eat with your hands. If they have the crispy brussel sprouts or kale, be sure to order. I gave the food a good rating rather than very good because the quality seemed to not be what it had been. It was so busy that I'm worried that it will not be able to maintain its standards.Special Features:
- Great for special occasions!FoodForFunDined on 9/3/2014We decided to try out this gem for our 21st anniversary dinner. From the service to the food, everything was a delight. I would highly recommend it to anyone who desires a really fine meal with excellent service. My husband had the salmon, which he loved, while I had the filet. I haven't had filet that perfectly prepared in a very long time. They understand the meaning of "medium rare." Kudos go out to the whole staff on a wonderful overall experience!Special Features:
- Oh-la-la Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014Server Jamie was knowledgeable and very attentive. Oh, the cream of crab soup was outstanding! We had Prime rib, Glyndon Salad as an entree, blackened Tile Fish and Steak. All were presented as requested. The sides were yummy. The General Manager approached us and was very personable. He appeared to be a young go-getter committed to making this restaurant the go to restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- Great for a strip mall!LiberalDocDined on 8/31/2014Went on a rainy Sunday and was pleasantly surprised. Food was a tad on the heavy side, a little bit like a fusion between American and French cuisine. Fish was very fresh and scallops were delicious. Menu was a bit light but all three kids enjoyed their meals. A little bit pricey, so go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improving!tanagirlVIPDined on 8/31/2014probably the 4th time we have been here but the best experience yet. Food was better as well as service!Special Features:
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014food was excellent, service was great! Our waiter was particularly engaging and very helpful. Turn around time was good. Enough time to enjoy the food, but no waiting for long periods of time for anything. I would definitely recommend this resturant and am planning on going back!Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchyumyumDined on 8/31/2014My family and I enjoyed a lovely brunch for my birthday at the Glyndon Grill. The service was outstanding! Our meals were served in a timely matter and were enjoyed by everyone. The Glyndon Grille is a nice family neighborhood restaurant. We will return for sure. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- huntvalleylutherville glyndon girlsMiss3puttDined on 8/27/2014What we ordered was not great. I think ordering salads, sandwiches would have been better. The veggie lasagna and chicken pot pie were just fair and that is being charitable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsCoachDined on 8/23/2014What a nice find. The atmosphere was perfect to eat an excellent dinner and watch the Orioles & Ravens with friends. Looking forward to visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodbmacDined on 8/22/2014Glyndon Grill has had it together ever since they opened the doors. Thge food is consistently good and the Crab and Corn soup is the best I've ever had. The waiters are friendly and attentive for the most part. The managers are always on site and responsive. This has become a favorite very quickly.Special Features:
- Great service, decent foodlaurenwDined on 8/22/2014The first time we visited, we were disappointed. We recently decided to try again. I got the Restaurant Week 3 course menu. I loved my 1st course (crab & corn chowder), but my 2nd course (filet with chef's veg) missed the mark. My dessert (sorbet & berries) was also very good. My boyfriend loved his meal (wahu imperial). Overall I felt the portions were a little scarce; it is worth noting that portion size was one of the factors that disappointed us on our first visit. The service, however, was impeccable. The server was attentive without making us feel rushed & a manager stopped by several times to check on us. Again, the ambiance was a bit noisy, mainly because the bar is situated in the middle of the building with dining on each side.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealFoodieDined on 8/21/2014Didn't know what to expect going into the Glyndon Grill, but was pleasantly surprised with how great the food and service was. We will be bringing back more and can't wait to dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kinda - ok.AkplongmeadowDined on 8/21/2014If you're gonna do the Prime Rib - make sure it is how you like it prepared first. Ask the waitstaff if they have it your desired doneness. Because, if it's not right, you've just wasted $27.00 on a piece of chewy meat. I asked for it "rare" and it came out well done. My husband asked for his steak to be medium, and it came out rare. So we switched. Not the place to get steaks and or beef. Portions are very small, however; the price is not. Side salads barely filled a small plate and are $6.00 for some lettuce, (mostly) and a bit of cucumber and cheese. Shrimp Cargot was great, but there were barely 6 shrimp with a whole bunch of cheese. Not worth the hefty price of $12.00.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendDinesInOwingsMillsDined on 8/18/2014The food was awesome. The interior is very interesting (a mix of rustic and industrial in a successful way). The night we went they we short on servers but the whole staff pitched in to help out. I will be going again and recommend it to all. Mondays are half-price wine night, so we got a great deal on a good bottle of wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner at Glyndon GrillPS12Dined on 8/17/2014I got a gift card to Glyndon Grill so we decided to try it. The menu was great... there was a fantastic selection, and the choices were not too 'foofy' (for lack of a better word). I have issues at a lot of restaurants where the menu is so 'foofy' that I can't find anything to eat! I got the swordfish sandwich with french fries (give me a good sandwich and I'm happy), and my husband and I shared the Glyndon salad. The salad was delicious with goat cheese and pecans, and the sandwich was even better. I was surprised to look down at my plate and realize I had already wolfed it down. I also had a glass of a delicious Zinfandel. The menu & drinks were reasonable, the service was great, and we left happy. What else can you ask for?
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014We sat at the high top tables for better ambience and did not regret it. Our waiter was excellent, the food was good and it was much quieter than in the back of the restaurant. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- New Favorite PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The Glyndon Grill is our new favorite place to go. The staff is super friendly and the food is great. We have found the dining room to be very noisy, so we opt to sit at a high top in the bar area. Great casual dining.Special Features:
- MickyDined on 8/15/2014Great discovery. Food, service, and atmosphere were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was slowFoodLoverDined on 8/14/2014Granted, there was a medical emergency in the dining room, but that was no excuse for losing our entrees, and for the 40 minute wait for them. In their defense, the manager comped us the meals but the service was not up to the restaurant's usual standards. The crabcakes were dry and had too much filler, the fries were overdone. The pineapple upside down cake was not as good as my own. Thankfully, the beer WAS cold . . .
- Great neighborhood restaurantLucyDined on 8/14/2014Great menu selections and delicious food. Would prefer more private seating.Special Features:
- killianDined on 8/13/2014The restaurant was very nice. The food was excellent. It was a more casual experience than the other restaurant owned by this owner, Barrett's Grill, but the food was just as good. We sat near the bar and the ambience was lacking slightly but maybe it was better in the back of the restaurant. They appeared to have a private room so it might be a great place for a group outing or a catered private event. The waitress was very nice and it made the dinner feel slightly more upscale. The Restaurant Week menu choices were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glyndon GrillTDJCDined on 8/13/2014The potato soup was great. The crab cakes were delicious and were not full of filler. The wine was excellent. The service was excellent. The staff all helped out and kept checking back with us. The tables were close together and it was crowded so it was a bit loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ejslDined on 8/2/2014Had a great dinner on 8-2-14. Had the chef special of pan seared grouper with crab meat on top. Everything was perfect! Our waitress, Sharon was friendly, attentive and helped with my wine choice. Very enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option for dinnerDlb7777VIPDined on 8/1/2014If you are looking for a great option for dinner, this is it and you don't have to drive into Baltimore. We've been several times and they are consistently good with the food and service. The food is definitely better than the chains. This isn't a haute cuisine place but does a great job. The service is attentive and well trained.Special Features:
- disorganizednaneeDined on 7/28/2014The food was good but the help was overwhelmed. They were not expecting the number of customers and were not prepared to take care of them. I was never given a list of specials, it took a long time to get a drink and water. They were pleasant but couldn't handle the customers.Special Features:
- Dissappointment at Glyndon GrillNLJF4VIPDined on 7/27/2014There were 3 of us. We each ordered the halibut special. The fish for each of us was small, very dry and the sauce was very skimpily applied to just the middle third of the filet, and overpriced at $24. The string beans were perfect. The service by Anthony and Kyle was very attentive but slow to bring the food, perhaps by a tie up in the kitchen. We were sorry that some of the offerings at Barrett's were not available Glyndon. The Napoleon (?) in particular. Our past visits to Glyndon were very satisfactory. We will try again sometime.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemAnotherSatisfiedCustomerDined on 7/26/2014This restaurant, it's ambiance, wonderful staff and delicious menu options have definitely exceeded my expectations and my husband and I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutEatout2muchDined on 7/24/2014Glyndon Grill was the perfect meeting place for my friends from Westminster and Hunt Valley. We each had a different salad and all were delicious. Mine was the steak tenderloin salad and it was terrific. Great sangria too. Nice portions. We shared a dessert - apple cobbler. It was huge and quite good. Good Sunday brunch as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nestled in an Historic NeighborhoodChrisDined on 7/24/2014What a wonderful addition to the charming Historic Glyndon village. This restaurant has a comfortably sleek décor, good food and well stocked bar. I have been here several times and never had a bad experience. The French Dip is fantastic, the salmon grilled to perfection and the salads freshly made. Try this one. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and easyLilyhillVIPDined on 7/21/2014Glyndon Grill is a nice place for lunch. The salads and sandwiches are good (nothing fancy, but quite tasty) and they have an option for a soup, salad, or half sandwich combo (pick two out of three) that is good. Service is speedy and pleasant, prices are fair ($25 for lunch for two people). What's not to like?Special Features:
- Downhill on the service & food.LoKeVIPDined on 7/18/2014Our recent dinner at Glyndon Grill was severely lacking in knowledge of menu & proper service standards. For our meals, we ordered the crab cakes & tuna poke. The cakes were satisfactory with little filler but fell flat in the seasoning department; there could have been more old bay or very least some salt to make the cakes pop with flavor. For the tuna poke, our server assured us multiple times that the description was accurate & complete. When the tuna arrive, the entire dish was dressed in an Asian slaw. Our server then tried to tell us the menu description had slaw when it didn't; she should've offered to have the kitchen remake the dish as written. Overall the staff needs better knowledge of the menu & proactive approach to service.
- christianVIPDined on 7/18/2014We went with friends who wanted to eat here even though we had been before and were not impressed. On this visit, the items we picked were much better than last time. One issue I still have is if you say a fish is blackened then it should actually have some flavor to it. Fish was cooked well but just bland. Egg rolls were the alround winner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Understand the CrowdsDebraDined on 7/16/2014Four of us went to dinner on a Wednesday night and the place was packed. We didn't understand the draw since we were not happy with our meals. I got the burger and fries for $12 and it was maybe a 1/4 lb burger that was supposed to be cooked medium but I could have bounced it off the wall it was so well done and totally void of any flavor. Two people got the scallops risotto. For $24, the portion was very small and the scallops were covered with sand - you could hear the chomping down on sand as they chewed! They also said that the risotto was only fair. Our last diner go the salmon dish and he said that it was decent. Not worth the money or even a return trip if the prices were lower. On a positive note, our server was very good.Special Features: