4844 Butler Rd
Glyndon, MD 21071Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.glyndongrill.com/
- Phone: (443) 881-4183
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Worthington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Glyndon Grill
From the owners of Barrett's Grill at the Hunt Valley Towne Centre, Glyndon Grill will operate with a different menu and chef than Barrett's but will also focus on in-house, made-from-scratch preparations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Glyndon Grill - Best Restaurants in Glyndon ›
Glyndon Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (91)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (31)great for lunch (30)special occasion (18)great for brunch (16)hot spot (16)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (13)romantic (13)late-night find (10)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- SuperbFoodieDined on 11/20/2014The food at Glyndon Grill is delicious again. The service staff is extremely nice and management always stops by to ask how the evening is going. Cant wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RitaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2014Met the girls for dinner; overall the service was great, felt relaxed and not rushed. The only pitfall was the chicken pot pie; it was too thick! You probably could have cut it with a knife. It was filled with lots of chicken, potatoes and veggies, and the taste was great, but need more broth.....and it would have been perfect.
- Second and last time here...LizFoodLoverDined on 11/15/2014We asked some friends to meet us at Glyndon Grill (was our second time), and I wish I would have suggested somewhere else. It was extremely loud, the wait staff seemed rushed and overly busy, the food was mediocre at best, and the overall experience was not that pleasant. I don't know that we will be going back...Special Features:
- Great place for dinner.DanLinDined on 11/15/2014We have been to Glydon Grille a number of times and enjoyed it each time. I'm glad to see that they have added some of the items from their other restaurant Barrett's which is where we found out about the grill and it's a lot closer to where we live. We will continue to frequent the grill as it is friendley and the service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glyndon GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014My husband and I went to the restaurant upon our daughter's recommendation. We enjoyed the quiet and low key atmosphere. I ordered the lobster roll which was perfect and prepared just as back home in Massachusetts. My husband had a fresh salad and the chicken pot pie which was served with warm rolls. The waitress was very attentive during our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hpy4foodVIPDined on 11/9/2014Tasty food, attentive server and ability to handle young kids were all plusses. Particularly enjoyed my lollipop lamb chops!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/7/2014Great experience at Glyndon Grill from start to finish. The hostess was warm and friendly. The wait staff worked as a team. The food and drinks came out quickly and was delicious! The management even came to the table to ensure our dining experience was good. I would definitely go back and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old school foodieOldschoolfoodieDined on 11/1/2014The appetizer Shrimp cargo was so over cooked is was like rubber. The chicken Pot Pie was mostly Potatoes and crust was way to thick. My husband steak was so under cooked. Order it med rare and it was very rare.
- First visit was goodFrequentFoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2014Hubby and I had been wanting to try Glyndon Grill for quite some time and are glad we finally did. It exceeded our expectations. Our last experience dining at Barrett's (sister restaurant in Hunt Valley) was very disappointing so we did not have high expectations about GG. Anyhow, I tried the pumpkin soup and the fish sandwich and both were delectable. The fish (tilapia) was cooked perfectly and the brioche was just the right thickness. I love a good fish sandwich now and then when I go out to eat and I have found it! The only criticism I have is the shoe string fries were too salty and were a bit greasy. Hubby had the rockfish special of the day and he loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent and interesting foodradman2020Dined on 10/31/2014The lollipop lambchop appetizer is one of the best things ever tasted....and so unusual to see lambchops as an appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glyndon Grill - early dinnerLetseatDined on 10/28/2014We went to Glyndon Grill for a 5 pm dinner before going to a downtown event. My party of 4 arrived one at a time & Molly made multiple trips to fill drink orders with a pleasant air. She recognized one of the people dining with me & there was an easy banter between the 2 of them. The manager stopped by several times to inquire how we were doing as he did to the rest of the tables Mushrooms stuffed with crab imperial were excellent, as was the corn/ crab soup and lamb chop appetizer. All of the entrees were cooked perfectly and their warm dinner rolls are considerably above the average restaurant offering Free & abundant parking, proximity to I-795 for getting downtown, excellent food and service combine to make G.G a prime choice for diningSpecial Features:
- A good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We were celebrating a birthday and wanted a place close to home. This turned out to be a great dining experience. The server was outstanding and very pleasant and accommodating. The food was excellent. We all had something different and each dish was perfect.Special Features:
- 5 StarsfoodieDined on 10/25/2014This was my first time dining at Glyndon Grill and I was very impressed and happy with my experience. The food was 5 star quality at a good price. I could eat the scallops risotto everyday and my husband could not get enough of his prime rib. The waitstaff could not have been more attentive or friendly. The manager even stopped by to see how everything was, which was a nice touch. Definitely will be making this a weekly stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why Isn't This Place Busier ???winenveggiesDined on 10/24/2014Glyndon Grill is, in my opinion, a vast improvement over the restaurant that previously occupied the space (or maybe I was just getting tired of that restaurant?). Anyway, we've eaten there 6+ times & have never been disappointed. Plenty of choices for vegetarians (me). This time we went with friends & sat at a high table in the bar area. My only (tiny) complaint was it was a bit brightly lit for a Friday night. Food & service was great. I was forced to take a bite of a friend's kale salad (I HATE kale) & it was REALLY good (they've made me try kale dozens of times). Wine's a bit overpriced, but that's my thing & I know prices. I don't understand why this place isn't packed?? I wish we lived closer; it would definitely be our "go to" spot.Special Features:
- Always Hits The MarkmahjonggjudyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Met friends on a Friday evening and sat in the bar area for dinner. Food was very good...I had the French dip sandwich, and others had burgers and ribs. No complaints.Special Features:
- AmazingFoodieDined on 10/15/2014This was probably the best experience we have had yet at the Grill. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. Can't wait to be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StandocVIPDined on 10/15/2014Not nearly as good as parent Barrett's Grill the happy hour is limited to the bar menu
- Will not be backlovegoodfoodDined on 10/9/2014If you like to be ignored, then this is the place for you. I was waiting for someone to meet me for dinner, so I sat at the bar. I was ignored and never acknowledged by the girl tending bar. When seated our server was nice, but it took 15 min to get our drinks! He brought us water because it was taking so long for 1 glass of wine and 1 beer. Appetizer of Fondue, crab and artichokes came out looking like a crab dip. Took 10 min to waive someone over to ask if we received the wrong thing. Her response was it is not described very well on the menu. I ordered the Grouper special. The Grouper had no taste and was cooked med-rare (yuck). My guest got the Prime Rib. He said he will never return and I totally agreed.
- Quiet EveningNelsonVIPDined on 10/9/2014Our house salads, crab cakes and seafood scampi were delightful. Plan to return again.Special Features:
- KansasCityRestaurantsDined on 10/3/2014Weve been to the Glyndon Grill many times. Revised menu was good, enjoyed.Special Features:
- Great FindRedmeat4allDined on 9/27/2014I dined at the Glyndon Grill for dinner. The mozzarella capresse salad was amazing! My prime rib was perfect. The service was impeccable. This little restaurant is exactly what Glyndon's food scene needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014In making our reservation, we requested a table where we would be able to hear our own conversation. We became wary of the noise level as we were being led to the dining room and it only got worse when we were seated. Our table was next to a party of 10 that was celebrating a birthday. Even though the dining room is carpeted and has ceiling tiles (which should help absorb some noise), it was very loud and made conversation difficult. We enjoyed our meals, the service was great, but it's unlikely we will return on a weekend.Special Features:
- DeliciousFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Had to stop back in and try out the new menu. They added a few things that were missing before, and the service was great as always!! Can't wait to go back and try more!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014We have been here before but this was our best experience ever. Service was superb and food was excellentSpecial Features:
- A winner in Glyndon!likes2eatoutVIPDined on 9/20/2014The Glyndon Grill has found a niche in the Reisterstown area. We have been back three times and have enjoyed each visit. The food is great; the services great; the experience great!Special Features:
- Spotty mealfriendsdiningDined on 9/20/2014Service was by a friendly but harried waitress (Jamie). With the necessity of one of the diners to eat gluten free, more information about the meals was expected. The waitress had to keep returning to the kitchen and after a meal was ordered, found that it was not gf and it had to be changed. Granted, it was a Sat. night and the restaurant was busy. Highlights of the meal were a corn crab soup (eaten by the non gf diner) and the creme brulee (eaten by the gf diner). The risotto (surprisingly not gf) was delicious and were the accompanying scallops. The 1/2 chicken was dry, but her green beans were spot on and delicious! All in all it was and ok experience. Perhaps another try but not on a Sat. night would be in order.Special Features:
- It's alrightTynna76Dined on 9/17/2014The room we were in wasn't that special, but the main room seemed to have a little more character. The service was good, the food just ok. There was nothing on the menu that jumped out, nothing unique. The best dish of the night was probably 3 small lamb chops that we got as an appetizer.
- odd music choicechickenchickDined on 9/14/2014So, there was loud classic rock playing during Sunday brunch. The television was on, also. I guess it was because we were seated next to the bar. The food was good, although there was a lot of ice and orange juice in the mimosas - they had no fizz. Husband sent back his bacon because he asked for it crisp. I did not send back my runny eggs, which I requested over hard. I just didn't eat them. The potato hash was great, as well as the waffle and French toast. The service was very good. They weren't busy at all for a Sunday afternoon - that's unusual for a restaurant in our area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Once AgainFoodieDined on 9/12/2014This is the second or third time I've dined at Glyndon Grill always finding the wait staff is accommodating and food is delicious. I hope they keep up the good work. Excited about the new happy hour also!!Special Features:
- New Addition to Glyndon: great!likes2eatoutVIPDined on 9/12/2014The Glyndon Grill has found a place that they have transformed into a vibrant and delicious venue. Good food; packed house; good wait staff; all in all a winner!Special Features:
- Over priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Panerra bread lobster roll is better. Disappointed. Probably won't eat here again.
- Very nice staffJennaVIPDined on 9/6/2014The staff went above and beyond to make our dinner great! Glyndon Grill have a great management team that is very personable and helpful and because of that we will be back!! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Grilllikes2eatoutVIPDined on 9/6/2014A nice new addition to the neighborhood. Food and atmosphere were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glyndon/Reisterstown Go-to4OrrDined on 9/6/2014When we're in the area we usually hit GG. It is very reliable and the food is usually better than average. Corn and crab chowder and chicken potpie are standouts. Meal salads are on the small side, but good. Fellow diners were happy with burgers and especially because the brioche roll did not fall apart like so many rolls, and the burger was substantial but not so large that you could not eat with your hands. If they have the crispy brussel sprouts or kale, be sure to order. I gave the food a good rating rather than very good because the quality seemed to not be what it had been. It was so busy that I'm worried that it will not be able to maintain its standards.Special Features:
- Great for special occasions!FoodForFunDined on 9/3/2014We decided to try out this gem for our 21st anniversary dinner. From the service to the food, everything was a delight. I would highly recommend it to anyone who desires a really fine meal with excellent service. My husband had the salmon, which he loved, while I had the filet. I haven't had filet that perfectly prepared in a very long time. They understand the meaning of "medium rare." Kudos go out to the whole staff on a wonderful overall experience!Special Features:
- Oh-la-la Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014Server Jamie was knowledgeable and very attentive. Oh, the cream of crab soup was outstanding! We had Prime rib, Glyndon Salad as an entree, blackened Tile Fish and Steak. All were presented as requested. The sides were yummy. The General Manager approached us and was very personable. He appeared to be a young go-getter committed to making this restaurant the go to restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- Great for a strip mall!LiberalDocDined on 8/31/2014Went on a rainy Sunday and was pleasantly surprised. Food was a tad on the heavy side, a little bit like a fusion between American and French cuisine. Fish was very fresh and scallops were delicious. Menu was a bit light but all three kids enjoyed their meals. A little bit pricey, so go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improving!tanagirlVIPDined on 8/31/2014probably the 4th time we have been here but the best experience yet. Food was better as well as service!Special Features:
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014food was excellent, service was great! Our waiter was particularly engaging and very helpful. Turn around time was good. Enough time to enjoy the food, but no waiting for long periods of time for anything. I would definitely recommend this resturant and am planning on going back!Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchyumyumDined on 8/31/2014My family and I enjoyed a lovely brunch for my birthday at the Glyndon Grill. The service was outstanding! Our meals were served in a timely matter and were enjoyed by everyone. The Glyndon Grille is a nice family neighborhood restaurant. We will return for sure. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.