Houston, TX 77008Neighborhood:
Heights / Washington
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.glasswalltherestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7138687930
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jorge Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Glass Wall
Glass Wall was created for the sole purpose of entertaining people. Our concept of evolving menus has helped to sustain and satisfy our guests changing appetites. Our menus are influenced less by trends and more from our travels and experiences. Our staff are always eager to assist you with a genuine smile and the hope that you come as guests and leave as friends. As hands on proprietors, we only ask that our guests sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Glass Wall - Best Restaurants in Heights / Washington ›
Glass Wall reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (89)fit for foodies (80)special occasion (71)notable wine list (50)romantic (35)hot spot (31)great for brunch (29)vibrant bar scene (25)good for groups (25)late-night find (9)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great foodBrianDined on 10/18/2014Service was excellent, food excellent. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good VibrationsMardawgDined on 10/18/2014We can always count on Glass Wall for a great evening. I look forward to the return of the apple turnover for a delightful finish to a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!JoJoDined on 10/17/2014One of Houston's best kept secrets! Phenomenal food & customer service. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend this placeBrian68Dined on 10/17/2014We eat here occasionally and the food is always better than we remembered from the time before. This place does not disappoint!Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014I've been to Glass Wall several times and enjoyed every visit! Took my daughter there for her birthday on the last visit and she thought it was great too! The service is always very good and the overall atmosphere is warm and inviting. The food is very good and the menu selections are always varied enough for any palette, I think. I love going to the Heights to shop and dine! Will continue to be one of my favorite areas of the city to visit day or night! Will continue to dine and recommend Glass Wall to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion with FriendsVirginiaDined on 10/11/20144 of us met at the Glass Wall on a Saturday night. The service was excellent, the food was fabulous. It was a little loud, but all seemed to be having fun. Nice location in quaint Heights neighbor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The chef created a lovely meal and experience. The starters (Moroccan lamb chops, spring soup, and beet salad) were excellently seasoned and presented. We ordered white and red wines and our waiter was a significant help with wine details. The entrees (veal scallopini, osso buco special, and pork chops) again were excellently seasoned and presented - at the appropriate time. Would go back in a heart beat!Special Features:
- Food was excellent!TguthDined on 9/27/2014Amazing meal. Every course was delicious a bad choice was not possible. The service felt a bit rushed. Courses were almost serviced on top of each other and it wasn't a very busy nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit to Glass Walldiningout14Dined on 9/18/2014After hearing so much about this restaurant we finally made it for dinner. A special "birthday" dinner for me, although we did not alert the restaurant to this fact. The restaurant was not crowded (a Thursday evening at 6:30 p.m.) which was nice. The food selections were good and varied, something for everyone. My husband had the "wedding soup" which was a huge bowl of one of the best soups he'd eaten. The waitress commented she'd never seen anyone finish the whole bowl...?! The food was well prepared and portions were good. I liked that the veal was encrusted with Pistachios and was very light and the pork chop is not to be missed.Special Features:
- Tremendous Food and ServiceKyger4Dined on 9/16/2014Never disappointed with anything here. The food is 5 star and the service is maybe 6 star. When looking for a nice dinner out I always look at going here.Special Features:
- Impossible to converseMidtownMogulDined on 9/13/2014An "energized" noise level? That's too kind! Not much has changed acoustically since dining there last - over a year ago. It's a shame the effort to enable the enjoyment of dinner conversation is not as great as that of the tremendous kitchen and wait staff.Special Features:
- great food but too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014they should really work on reducing the noise level. its an easy fix.Special Features:
- Delicious food!!sandygVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had a great time here. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- One of our Consistent FavoriteshillcountrygirlDined on 9/12/2014We live in the neighborhood, and every time we end up at GW, we ask each other why we don't come more often. The service is always excellent. Bartenders are the best in town and take very good care of their customers. I order a drink that most places can't get right and GW never misses - it's as good as I make it at home. This is a place where you never get a bad meal. It's always memorably delicious. Unless we have guests in town, we sit at the bar because you can order from the awesome bar menu (Deviled Egg Sliders - HELLO?? Best Ever!) and you can also order from the dinner menu. You cannot however, get the bar menu in the restaurant, even if you offer to bribe your server for just one order of the Epic Deviled Egg Sliders.Special Features:
- lovetoeatoutDined on 9/5/2014We had the corn flake crusted chicken fried steak and was disappointed. It was oily and chewy. The braised short ribs were good. We really enjoying going there because of the location. The wine list is okay but has a very limited selection of whites by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2014For the second year in a row we went to the Glass Wall during Houston Restaurant Week. Last year we thought it was very loud due to one particular table who consumed a large amount of wine not far from us. We went back again this weekend and the food and service were excellent. The noise, however, is more than just energetic. With cement floors and high ceilings I guess there is not much they can do to alter this in the present state, but I thought it may have been one of the loudest restaurants I've been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The food was outstanding! The waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list.Special Features:
- Great all aroundluvsyumsDined on 8/30/2014Was really blown away by our night out here. We typically go for the very upscale restaurants Da Marco, Pappas Bros., RDG and so on. But we decided to try out Glass Wall for something more casual and we are kicking ourselves for not having gone sooner. Great energy, great crowd, stellar service. Reasonable prices. We all chose the Restaurant week menu so we got out of there at $45 per person before alcohol. The heirloom beet salad was outstanding. The chicken fried steak was excellent. The crab cakes were a hit. The fish and paella dishes were also excellent. Everyone's dessert was great. Our server was top-notch. The wine she recommended was also wonderful. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceHookemDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful food and service. However, the place is VERY loud. It's hard to have a conversation with your dining partner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TreyDined on 8/29/2014Great food, great service, excellent wine list. Highly recommend the beef short rib and crawfish pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonymousVIPDined on 8/27/2014Probably the best Panna Cotta dessert I've had in Houston!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really disappointingRichardVIPDined on 8/27/2014We went for dinner during HRW and was extremely disappointed. We had been a few times previously so this was particularly disconcerting. First, the tables were practically on top of each other and the din was deafening. Never noticed how loud it was before, so not sure what happened there. Our first course was the lobster ravioli and the crab cake. Both were fine, neither great. For main course the chicken fried steak was good but the snapper just didn't work. The corn was too sweet to compliment the fish, the sauce was awful, and the fish itself came off as dull. Then for last course the chocolate cake with salted caramel had no noticeable caramel, just dry chocolate cake. All in all, medicore dinner at a high ($45 per person) price point.
- Great ExperienceYankturnedTexanDined on 8/27/2014Tried this during Houston Restaurant Week 2014. Arrived early and sat at the bar waiting for my friend. Ordered the cabernet the bartender recommended - great recommendation and he gave me a history of the wine and owners and their relationship to the owner. Will be looking for this wine at my wine store! Tried the blue crab cake and redfish - outstanding. Loved the sauce and sides that came with the dishes. I was surprised at how large the portions - had to take some home with me. Service was great. Our waiter was very entertaining and we enjoyed talking to him. Drawbacks - it is relatively loud and the tables are a bit too close together. Overall, a great find in the Heights. Will definitely be back with more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014We came during Restaurant and 3 of us tried almost everything on hrw menu. Excellent! Cant wait to come back!Special Features:
- Meh... turned to regretjsbrouDined on 8/23/2014The food was decent, but nothing at all memorable. The service was good overall, but our particular waiter left a lot to be desired. We dined during Houston Restaurant Weeks (HRW), but the HRW menu was not even offered. A nearby table asked our waiter if that menu was available. He acted shocked and completely irritated that they were going to order off of that menu. He left their table muttering obscenities under his breath. Meanwhile, he was trying to sell us on "specials" that were actually items from the HRW menu that we could have had for way cheaper had we ordered them off of the HRW menu. Bottom line: There are so many wonderful restaurants in Houston, why waste your time/money at an over-priced, mediocre one?
- Hip but NOISYgenuinefoodieDined on 8/22/2014Restaurant has a bistro type vibe & architecture very in vogue - quite liked it. The poor ambiance rating is due to the noise level. With full glass frontage, high ceilings, & concrete floors the noise level was the highest we've experienced in a restaurant of this caliber. Music played but was only audible in the restroom, so if conversation is important while dining you may want to skip a Friday or Saturday night dining here. Having said this, our food was VERY good and service was equally good.Special Features:
- good place for good foodcgarridoDined on 8/22/2014It was a nice place to have dinner. A little loud but great service and great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovestoeatateddievsDined on 8/21/2014We went to try this restaurant because of their interesting menu for Houston Restaurants Week. The food was very good but sparse and the $45 was a little pricey for what we received. It should have been in the $35 category for HRW. The desserts were delicious and nicely portioned. Our server was severely lacking in charm. She removed our wine glasses before we were finished without asking and we were never even offered coffee to go with our dessert. While I probably would recommend the restaurant to people that have never been, there are so many others that I would recommend first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodFoodLoverDined on 8/20/20143 of us dined out for restaurant week. This restaurant had been on my list for 3 years and I had high expectations. They did not disappoint. The jumbo lump blue crab cake was so delicate with a light hint of citrus. The hereford filet was perfectly cooked (medium rare) and perfectly seasoned. It outshone everything else on the plate. The best dessert was hands down the cherry cordial/chocolate bread pudding which was warm and moist all the way through and warm chocolate oozed with every bite.Special Features:
- excellent food, but too loudtxchicVIPDined on 8/20/2014I ordered off the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu and enjoyed the Lobster Ravioli, Corn-crusted Red Snapper and bread pudding. My husband chose to order off the regular menu and selected the Spring Wedding Soup and Beef Short Ribs, both of which he liked. While the dishes were all perfectly executed, and the service was impeccable, the loud noise level made it difficult for us to relax. We had to yell across the table at each other.Special Features:
- bettydDined on 8/20/2014Awesome food and outstanding service. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best foot forward for HRWOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/20/2014GW served up some of my favorites for HRW. The beet salad tastes as good as it looks and the paella rich and loaded with seafood. Beautiful presentation. Don't miss the chocolate cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!RLBTX3Dined on 8/19/2014I tried Glass Wall during last year's Restaurant Week and the menu was the same from what I could tell. Last year I got the crab cakes for appetizer and it was fantastic. This year I got the veal and WOW! The veal was tender and the risotto underneath was magical. For my entree both times I got the snapper and it was excellent as well. This year the side veggies were better, very well seasoned with lots of garlic. I loved it. I tried the chocolate cake for dessert and it was good, but pretty standard though. Last year I had their bread pudding and it was exceptional. I'd definitely recommend that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodTGuessDined on 8/19/2014After some issues with OpenTable trying to change my reservation the restaurant owner called and told me he could accomodate. The menu options are a delightful departure from the norm and everything was perfectly prepared and tasted delicious. It is not a romantic place as there is no sound absorbing materials and noise level was very high. I was surprised that being a Tuesday night the place was packed and everyone was talking. The waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable about wine pairing and food choices. Overall, it was a most enjoyable evening and when I told the waiter it was my dates birthday he made it a memorable occasion for her. This restaurant is certainly worth your attention and I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new find!Luv2dineDined on 8/17/2014We love trying new restaurants, and we will definitely be going back to Glass Wall! Food and ambience were wonderful! The pork chop was amazing and it was a very popular even for a Sunday night! Very fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchMJLFROGVIPDined on 8/17/2014The food is always good here. We had not done the Sunday Brunch (they have only been doing it for a few months), and it was delightful. The beverages are very reasonably priced, and the food and service are outstanding. Give it a try; I don't think you will be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!!!PeanutDined on 8/16/2014Great place just warm at times and could have been cooler!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkCjandcjVIPDined on 8/16/2014Nowadays, with Romany new restaurants in Houston and the price of eating out goes up; I have very high expectations where I eat out. Food was good, not great. Service was better but not 5 star. Would recommend for everyone to try once, but I personally would not go back. Only because I have very high expectations: to eat out costs >$100 for a couple because of wine (only 1 glass), dessert (sharing one also), I expect 5 star food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably excellentwoolfhoundDined on 8/15/2014Glass Wall has the staying power of a reliably great dinner spot - the food is excellent, the service is good, and the feeling is energetic but not obnoxiously loud or scene-ish. I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic twosome - but for a small group of friends to get together, it's perfect. The extensive wine list is a big plus also - check out a South African pinotage (we love that it's one of the relatively few places in town to find South African wines).Special Features:
- deliciousjennerDined on 8/13/2014My friend Brandi and I had an amazing dinner at Glass Wall. Valet, service, wine, and food were excellent! Will definitely be back. It was slightly crowded and pretty loud but overall a great experience.Special Features: