Garibaldi - Savannah
315 W Congress St
Savannah, GA 31401-2408Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Garibaldi - Savannah
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.garibaldisavannah.com/
- Phone: 9122327118
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gerald Green
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the heart of Savannah"s historic City Market, Garibaldi is housed in the 1871 Germanian Fire House. Built in classic Paladdian architecture, the building is a beautiful presence in the market area. In the fashion of the era, the firehouses were commonly community meeting places. Thus, the Germanian Society erected a Grand Ballroom on the second floor of the building. With sixteen foot ceilings, fourteen foot arched windows and vintage iron chandeliers, it is one of the most beautiful dining rooms in Savannah, seating 120 and complete with its own private bar. The main floor is a beautiful Victorian room with lavish gilt mirrors, original pressed tin ceiling, romantically illuminated with whimsical chandeliers. Garibaldi offers a variety of menus, and specializes in customizing menus to your specific needs. Gracious service and outstanding food is our highest goal and has helped us earn the Zagat Award of Distinction once again for 2011/12.
- Private Party Contact: Meghan Littlefield 9122327118
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Our address is 315, West Congress Street. We are right next to City Market.
There are two parking garages that are conveniently located nearby
• Whitaker Street Garage (entry from Whitaker Street which is one way street)- From I-16 Take MLK Blvd exit and turn left, go all the way to Bay Street and turn right. Go to Whitaker Street and turn right, the garage entrance will be on your right.
A word from Garibaldi - Savannah
EVERY NIGHT'S A PARTY AT GARIBALDIContinued
For a private event please contact Meghan Littlefield at 912-231-8221.
For a private event please contact Meghan Littlefield at 912-231-8221.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Garibaldi - Savannah - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Garibaldi - Savannah reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)romantic (77)fit for foodies (67)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (29)good for groups (26)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (8)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good VarietySpud2004Dined on 9/25/2014Excellent mix of seafood and meats. Great hearts of Palm salad. Good service. We'll informed servers.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Romantic... Crispy Flounder with Apricot Shallot Sauce to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating 23 years of marriage23yearsDined on 9/18/2014This was the 3rd time my wife and I celebrated an anniversary dinner there, and each time has been better than the last. We had a perfect evening from the food, the staff, and the ambiance, everything was great great special occasion spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014We went here on our first night in Savannah and it was a wonderful introduction to the possibilities of food and exceptional service that marked our stay in this lovely town. Girabaldi's has a gorgeous, regal, sweeping ballroom ambiance and lots of corner tables that make it very romantic even when it's busy. Their raw oyster selection is fabulous and you can't go wrong with anything you order here. Charlie the bar tender is worth coming a little early for. Have a few drinks with him and he'll start your night off right and is a wealth of information about Savannah. From ambiance, to service, to food, this is a place that will not disappoint.Special Features:
- Boring!RobbinsVIPDined on 9/12/2014We expected so much more. The food at Garibaldi's was quite average. We ordered salads, but the waiter never brought them and, all of a sudden, our entrees came out. Never asked if I wanted another cocktail or wine with dinner. Such poorly trained wait staff. So sad since the room is beautiful and hostess was so nice.Special Features:
- Marc1090Dined on 9/12/2014Loved it, we're from Northern VA in Savannah to bring our daughter to SCAD. Garibaldi was a dining highlight. Loved it and will return in future trips to Savannah.Special Features:
- Flounder1Dined on 9/12/2014This was our 2nd time eating here. With friends in town visiting we wanted an absolutely guaranteed great meal and service ...and we got it. The flounder was flawless. The fried shrimp the best. Hats off to chef Gerald.oh the peach cheesecake was divine!!!Special Features:
- Amazing staff and foodCCTravelsDined on 9/8/2014We were treated like a king and queen at this restaurant! Cajun chicken pasta, shrimp cocktail, and lobster pasta were all fantastic. Their signature berry basket was outstanding and made extra special with Happy Birthday written in chocolate! Our waitress also brought us a candle to make a wish. Jason (the manager?) was on top of everything and genuinely wanted us to enjoy every facet of our time at Garibaldi---best service and southern hospitality we received on our entire 3-city trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Setting and ServiceLyndaBillDined on 9/8/2014We were a group of six friends who were there for dinner. The food was very good (all entrees, appetizers and dessert), the service was very prompt and unpretentious and the general setting was very pleasant. The food was creatively prepared, and the portions were very generous. We enjoyed the evening very much and would readily recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Excellent 25th Anniversary DinnerTexans143Dined on 9/8/2014The staff and waiter were very friendly and helpful. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and treated us like we were regulars. The owner even came by a couple of times to check on us and ask if we liked the food. Both of our appetizers and entrees were excellent in both presentation and taste. They could not have been better. The fried shrimp appetizer was absolutely the best fried shrimp I have had in the past 50 years from southern Louisiana to Houston and Galveston. This is no exaggeration! The slight spicey seasoning and the light coating produced perfectly cooked shrimp that could not have been more delicious. My only reqret is that my entree was not fried shrimp, too, so I could enjoy more of this perfect dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingLuv2eatoutsavannahDined on 9/5/2014Having visited the restaurant before, we found the food was average, the service average, and no real welcoming feel. We have many restaurants that do offer these things in Savannah, so I wold suggest they "step up" their game. Overall, our visit was a dissapointment. Unfortunately, no manager ever visited the floor or cared to inquire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SavannahGuestDined on 9/4/2014The food and service are very good. We enjoyed a late night dinner of fine quality.Special Features:
- Forget the complainersmikeDined on 9/1/2014This restaurant is a lovely experience: the food isexcellent, the service attentive, the decor charming, and the desire to please strongly evident. Those who reported otherwise either had an entirely aberrant experience or are impossible to please. We had nothing to complain about except that we had to eventually leave. Don't hesitate to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot and humid in SavannahAggieFoodieDined on 8/31/2014My wife had the fried shrimp and she said it was probably the best she had ever had. I had the Grouper special and it wasn't so special. It was a little over done. The risotto was a little dry. There really was no flavor in the fish or risotto. I would not order it again. Lesson learned is to stay with what they are know for. I should have had the flounder. Service was awesome. I would recommend the restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Diamond-Scored Flounder. Get It.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Garibaldi's signature dish - the diamond-scored flounder - is outstanding. I substituted their parmesan risotto for the orzo and julienned vegetables side, and loved every bite.Special Features:
- One of the BestlwbdinesoutDined on 8/28/2014This is one of the best restaurants (maybe the best) in Savannah. My wife had the flounder special (again) and it was just as good as the last time we were here. My Steak Dianne was rare (as ordered) and delicious. We had a nice table and the waiter was just attentive enough. There are a decent number of good wines at reasonable prices. We had a great dinner and plan on going back.Special Features:
- Will come backSphinxgirlDined on 8/28/2014We were so happy to find Garibaldi in Savanah! Great Italian food and seefood. We started with the Calamari served with a sweet and spicy sauce. The lobster tails dish I ate was lightly egg washed and sautéed in a sherry sauce and served with fettuccine. It was delicate and delicious. My husband had a crispy diamond cut flounder with an apricot sauce that was perfectly prepared. A great find for a special meal.Special Features:
- The Specials were SpecialSushiLoverDined on 8/23/2014The specials did not disappoint! I had the crab-stuffed grouper and my husband had the redfish with shrimp risotto. Both were absolutely incredible. The service was very good - our waiter was attentive and helpful when it came to selecting a wine to go with our entrees. The bread was warm and light with creamy butter. Overall, this was a fantastic experience.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We took our daughter and several of her friends to Garibaldi's to celebrate her 16th birthday. Beautiful place and the food was delicious! Our waiter was very attentive to us and to the girls (they had their own table).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealNosherDined on 8/19/2014Had not been to Garibaldi's in some time. Took friends who were visiting from New York and we all agreed that the ambiance, service and food was wonderful. A GREAT night out!!!Special Features:
- Great Spot for DinnerBonesVIPDined on 8/18/2014One of the best in the Historic District of Savannah. We stopped for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The salad used fresh, crisp lettuce and veggies. I had the crusted flounder which was to die for. Crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Best I have EVER had. The food was wonderful and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJutziVIPDined on 8/17/2014As we passed through Savannah for one night, we relied on Open Table for a great local restaurant. Garibaldi exceeded our expectations in all categories. What a great experience!Special Features:
- GoodfoodfindergoodfoodfinderVIPDined on 8/8/2014Recent weekend trip to Savannah. Best food we had during our visit. Flash fried flounder was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The food was good however our party sat upstairs and it was very hot. Our waiter was dripping with sweat. I had to ask if they could turn down the air so we could enjoy our meal.Special Features:
- Very good Food and ServicewillbeRHDined on 8/2/2014Yes, it was a Saturday night. The place was packed and noisy. The table seemed a little small and the service staff had to walk around in small aisles. But the service was polite and prompt. The food came out pretty quickly without delay. The food was tasty and the vegetables cooked perfectly. I will be back during the week to see if it is a little less noisy. There is not much space at the reception desk, but we were shown to our table immediately.Special Features:
- Garibaldi was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I found Garibaldi on OpenTable and when we arrived it was better than I expected. Even though it was in the Historical District, it seemed to have more locals than tourists. Our waitress was so sweet. She even gave us suggestions on where to go to for the nightlife. The shrimp risotto for an appetizer was delicious. We were there a few days ago and my boyfriend is still talking about how good his duck was. The restaurant had a nice elegant feel to it. I would recommend this place to anyone going to Savannah. Our server said they don't advertise, they work only by work of mouth. Great find on OpenTable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Having only one night to spend in Savannah, we relied on past reviews to find dinner spot. Garibaldi's did not disappoint on any level. Travelling with our twin 16 yr . old foodie daughters also, the ambient restored fire house was a beautiful venue to dine. Our server Antoinette? Was wonderful. Fully prepared to take care of out of towners as well as training a new server. Steaks were cooked to perfection and all accompaniments were delicious. Great job all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!SD75Dined on 7/31/2014Beautiful place. We had the best waitress, gave us background on the restaurant and took her time helping with our meal questions. Food was delicious as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous- againOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/30/2014Our second time here- and again it was a great dining experience. The food is fabulous! Fish, chicken milanese, caprese salad all were wonderful!Special Features:
- Excellent Experience!CathiDVIPDined on 7/30/2014We went here for restaurant week. I live in Savannah but had never visited this restaurant. I had the choices from the restaurant week menu. Tomato Bisque soup was unbelievable! Filet was tender and cooked to perfection. Service was outstanding. I will be sure to visit this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...MichaelVIPDined on 7/28/2014I was pleased with the care with which the staff treated me as a lone diner. I was placed upstairs (huge) where I could quietly read. My server was quite knowledgeable. The salad I chose (pear) was skimpy on the arugula and could have been better with it. The veal piccata was outstanding: the sauce was tasty (though the veal pieces - 2 - were slightly overcooked). But it's a great dish. The manager noticed my beer had run dry and was solicitous to refresh the drink (I was waiting for an already ordered glass of wine). Nice touch.
- Great foodLuvcfoodDined on 7/26/2014Ate there over 20 years ago while stationed in Hinesville. Great food then, still great food now. Do yourself a favor and walk a couple blocks up, so much better than the food you get on the river.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedKEF12Dined on 7/26/2014We had the best table in the house, but the food was overrated. We could have easily made a meal better than what we got. For an Italian place the pasta was bland, absolutely no taste.Special Features:
- Overpriced Olive GardenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Impressive dining room but no need to dress for this venue as there were kids in shorts with headphones on eating. Service, though attentive, rushed the bill to us in mid bite! Food was not of the calibre to be expected in such a renoun restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent MealSoneDined on 7/26/2014Heard a lot about this restaurant and wondered if it would live up to the hype. The food was excellent and the ambiance reminiscent of New Orleans. Service was a bit slow but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Savannah!SpankyDined on 7/25/2014Food prepared fresh and expertly. Ambiance and service superb. Don't miss out on this place but be prepared to wait regardless of reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ElegantyummysavannahDined on 7/25/2014This was my second visit to Garibaldi. Even though the food is wonderful, I always am very impressed by the service. There are not that many fine dining establishments in Savannah, but this is one of the few best.Special Features:
- DisappointingVjb51Dined on 7/25/2014Garibaldi is a beautiful spot & the service was excellent; however, 4 members of our family group of 9, had a less than stellar dining experience. In an Italian restaurant, one would think that a veal dish would be exceptional; this was not the case at Garibaldi, as it was very tough & basically I edible. They were nice enough to remove 2 of the 4 entrees from our bill, but the whole experience put a damper on our parents' 64th anniversary celebration. For the price of dinner for 9, we probably will not try it again!Special Features:
- Love it!LuvthehoodVIPDined on 7/24/2014What a great night! The food was fabulous and the service was excellent. Would definitely return on our next trip to Savannah.Special Features:
- Exquisite all aroundBigEaterDined on 7/23/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Savannah. We ate at Garibaldi's the second night of our vacation and ended up cancelling all of our reservations and eating at Garibaldi's the entire week. We loved each and every meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.