Garibaldi - Savannah
315 W Congress St
Savannah, GA 31401-2408Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Garibaldi - Savannah
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.garibaldisavannah.com/
- Phone: (912) 232-7118
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gerald Green
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the heart of Savannah"s historic City Market, Garibaldi is housed in the 1871 Germanian Fire House. Built in classic Paladdian architecture, the building is a beautiful presence in the market area. In the fashion of the era, the firehouses were commonly community meeting places. Thus, the Germanian Society erected a Grand Ballroom on the second floor of the building. With sixteen foot ceilings, fourteen foot arched windows and vintage iron chandeliers, it is one of the most beautiful dining rooms in Savannah, seating 120 and complete with its own private bar. The main floor is a beautiful Victorian room with lavish gilt mirrors, original pressed tin ceiling, romantically illuminated with whimsical chandeliers. Garibaldi offers a variety of menus, and specializes in customizing menus to your specific needs. Gracious service and outstanding food is our highest goal and has helped us earn the Zagat Award of Distinction once again for 2011/12.
- Private Party Contact: Meghan Littlefield 9122327118
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Our address is 315, West Congress Street. We are right next to City Market.
There are two parking garages that are conveniently located nearby
• Whitaker Street Garage (entry from Whitaker Street which is one way street)- From I-16 Take MLK Blvd exit and turn left, go all the way to Bay Street and turn right. Go to Whitaker Street and turn right, the garage entrance will be on your right.
A word from Garibaldi - Savannah
EVERY NIGHT'S A PARTY AT GARIBALDIContinued
For a private event please contact Meghan Littlefield at 912-231-8221.
For a private event please contact Meghan Littlefield at 912-231-8221.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Garibaldi - Savannah - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Garibaldi - Savannah reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)fit for foodies (97)romantic (94)neighborhood gem (59)notable wine list (39)good for groups (36)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (8)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent food & atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014We visited Savannah for the first time and the best meal we had was here. Chicken piccata was excellent, my husband said the shrimp cocktail was the best he has had in a long time, clams in wine sauce was good and lasagna was excellent as well. Caprese salad appetizer was not worth the $10 they charged--it was 2 slices of tomato and 2 specks of fresh bland mozzarella. It was not worth $10. Should have been more like $3. We have had the same quality and taste in our hometown for way less cost. It was $150 for 2 adults and 2 kids, which is outrageous and 3 of us drank water, no alcohol included in that total. We found that everything in Savannah, food related, was incredibly overpriced. Still, Garibaldi's was the best meal we had while there and we tried Lady and Sons and Barracuda Bob's on the river as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garibaldi's is greatMikaDined on 11/20/2014Garibaldi's was a great spot. From the moment we arrived, the bartender was extremely attentive and had great drinks to offer us. The menu selection was wonderful. Our fish specials were delicious. It's a great vibe. We will be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJennDined on 11/17/2014A wonderful experience!!!!! Excellent food and staff!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!JonRDined on 11/16/2014Came to Savannah for my 5 year anniversary. Lady at the florist shop recommended Garibaldi to me and it was great. Arrived at 5:30 so the noise level wasn't bad, and the food was perfect. My wife liked the romantic atmosphere and loved her diamond scored flounder. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great service + Great Food!KevinDined on 11/14/2014This was our first trip to Savannah and some locals we met the night before told us about this place and it definitely lived up to it's expectations. Our service was perfect and they even Personalized our dessert for our Anniversary; after I put the notes in Open table. I would highly recommend to those visit Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favoritesfastcatchDined on 11/9/2014I live in Savannah and always enjoy eating at Garibaldi's for specials occasions. I will go back many more times in the future.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/8/2014Great meal and excellent service but if a high noise level bothers you, it's a problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 33yrrestaurantguyVIPDined on 11/8/2014Do not miss this gem in the Old Town/City Market area. The food and service are above the standard in this part of Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on a bad nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Probably better than our experience. We dined here the night before the Savannah marathon with 20,000 participants in town so the kitchen and staff were overwhelmed. Restaurant was beautiful but food just okay and service slow. Would expect it's much better on a regular evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Italian in SavannahLynnsreviewVIPDined on 11/7/2014Went there to carbo load before the marathon. Really disappointed in the indifferent un knowledgeable service and the uninspirational food.
- Great Service and Atmosphere!PipesofstlDined on 11/7/2014Highly recommend for service and Italian Food. Great atmosphere and it should be noted that it is dark and a little loud because it's a narrow space. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceluckydogDined on 11/6/2014Great place! Highly recommend. Delicious with great service and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceSusanDined on 11/5/2014The food at Girabaldi's is outstanding. We had a large group and everyone was impressed with the food. Our server was excellent as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMaddyDined on 11/3/2014I took my wife to Garibaldi's for her birthday. The restaurant is beautiful, food was fantastic and the service was phenomenal. I can't say enough about the young lady who made us feel comfortable, it was the highest quality service we had experienced in a long time.Special Features:
- Amazing!rudy777Dined on 11/1/2014My friend and I spent the weekend in Savannah and were told to check out Garibaldi's. We made a reservation for Saturday night and were seated right upon arrival. The place is very pretty - low lighting and romantic - it would definitely be a nice date night spot. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and specials. Bread was brought to our table to start and it was extremely fresh and warm. I ordered the Chicken Milanese - absolutely delicious - one of the best meals I've ever had. Chicken was tender and tasty, as was the mac and cheese and string beans on the side. I finished every morsel on my plate. My friend ordered the scallops and also enjoyed her meal. Definitely the best dining experience we had on our weekend in Savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinner!FoodiegalDined on 11/1/2014I went to Garibaldis for a night out with family. From the moment we got there, everything was wonderful. We started off with French onion soup and the Tuscan white bean soup-both were the best ever. For our entrees we got the chicken Parmesan and chicken Milanese. Absolutely delicious. The server (Chase) was excellent and very knowledgeable about the menu and answered questions about the specials. He is what you'd expect from a fine dining server. We will definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our mother's 80th birthday!LatinafoodieDined on 10/31/2014We were very happy with our experience at Garibaldis. The service was outstanding and the food was great. Our waiter was very friendly and even brought a candle with our mother's dessert for her birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we ate hereKMC1953Dined on 10/31/2014Since it was our first visit to Savannah, we checked Zagat's Top 10 restaurants in Savannah and chose Garibaldi's. We enjoyed our dinner. It was Halloween and some of the servers were in costume, but that didn't lessen their attentiveness. My husband and I shared a Garibaldi salad--which made it just the right size if you plan on eating dinner after the salad! Our entrees were well prepared--I had the clams and linguine--just enough sauce, the linguine wasn't drowning in it. We would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- LaughDined on 10/30/2014Good was very good & our waitress was very accomodating. Our only complaint was the noise level was very loud. It was hard for us to visit at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly goodjawa375Dined on 10/27/2014My friend and I really enjoyed this place from the service to the wonderful food. it was one of our favorite spots. I had chicken piccata and my friend had veal. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- AwesomeVenice978Dined on 10/27/2014We were greeted and seated pleasantly and efficiently. The servers were knowledgable about the menu items and not phased when asked for a particular dish without butter, sauce etc. The ambience was lovely, we were lucky to be seated in a booth on the wall side opposite the bar so had a good view for people watching and to enjoy the atmosphere. The food was outstanding, nicely presented, hot and very good quality. The servers Jennifer and Matt were very pleasant and we enjoyed the whole evening which they enhanced with their personalities. This was the best dining experience of our stay in Savannah.Special Features:
- GoodExcellentVIPDined on 10/27/2014Dinner on business trip - all good. In there again, would go back.Special Features:
- Lovely time was had by allOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2014This was a very lovely place for a special occasion dinner. The room allowed for quiet conversation. We had a well paced and very un-rushed experience. Would go back again in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outBabsDined on 10/25/2014Great dinner with a little bit of a wait but well worth it. They were very accommodating and remembered we were celebrating my daughters birthday. Food was delicious!!Special Features:
- Return to an oldy but goodyfanoffoodDined on 10/24/2014It had been a very long time since I'd last eaten at Garibaldi's, but it was almost exactly as I remembered. I've actually eaten at both the Savannah and Charleston locations and the menus are almost the exact same. This was the first time I had dined with a large group though, and the restaurant was equally capable of handling a large, fun crowd as it is at handling a romantic dinner for two. I will always recommend Garibaldi's when I have the chance.Special Features:
- PerfectionJenny22Dined on 10/18/2014This place has a great ambiance and feel to it...the food is delicious and they have a great wine selection.Special Features:
- Wonderful as always.nomnomfoodieDined on 10/17/2014This was our second time dining at Garibaldi's and they did not disappoint. As always the food and service were impeccable and we can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzinVIPDined on 10/13/2014My salad was ok. My entree was very good. We've dined there many times. This is the first time the food wasn't exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceHardtopleaseDined on 10/13/2014The food was terrific, the service oust an ding and just a fantastic server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, too noisyDonewithVegasDined on 10/10/2014Garibaldi's came highly recommended for the flounder and did not disappoint. One of our party also ordered the veal and loved it. The only issue I have is the noise level. It was extremely difficult to carry on a conversation without shouting across the table. I would still recommend Garibaldi's based solely on the quality of the food, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced for what you getmax123Dined on 10/9/2014The service was slow. We had to ask why our entrees were taking so long and had to ask for second alcoholic cocktails twice. The four people at the table next to our table of three came in later thank we did, ate, and got there check before we were even served. Also, the noise level was high and my wife tells ME that I'm going deaf. The food was terrific but for the above results, certainly not worth it. We will not be going back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2014was a special occasion- anniversary.. they did a great job of a "special table". outstanding service an "went over and above" in making it a special occasion. Food was outstanding; the ambiance was also very good. A special touch " presented a happy anniversary" desert to us at the conclusion of our meal. Will definitely recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resting in their reputationyumyumDined on 10/8/2014From first to last we were disappointed. Led to the upstairs room that melted Moldy we asked to be seated downstairs and were. After telling the server that I am allergic to cilantro ( causes severe gastric problems) Was served a mignonette made fro cilantro. Teri requested dressing on the side for her Caesar salad and it came drenched. The veal piccata was unevenly pounded so it was thick and tough in places. To add to the situation two bus boys collided and sent cocktail sauce and oyster shells over one of the Men at the next table. Should have known when we were almost the youngest there ( I am 68) that it was not for Us
- FLretireeDined on 10/7/2014Went for a birthday celebration. Got nice quiet corner table. Service good. Food seriously disappointing. Veal in the veal parm dinner was pounded paper thin and heavily breaded so you could barely taste the veal. Gumbo mostly okra with just a hint of the shellfish. Very nice dessert and they wrote Happy Birthday on the plate but it didn't really make up for the dinner being so disappointing.Special Features:
- knowfoodsDined on 10/6/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner. Liked the atmosphere and talked with some very interesting people.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/6/2014The food was amazing, ordered the mahi mahi special and it was incredible. Their flounder is also very good. Drinks were yummy and service was great. Only thing is the restaurant is a bit dark.Special Features:
- Get the table you wantPhoenix042655Dined on 10/5/2014The overall experience was a good one although we had to force the issue with regard to seating. As with many restaurants today, the host or hostess is given instructions to direct patrons to the less than desirable tables first. If no one complains then all the better. This restaurant tried to seat us upstairs in a ballroom-style hall with bright lights, high-ceiling and best of all, 3 tables of eight folks all having a great loud time. Then there was the two of us. Only complaining got us a table on the main floor. Noisy still but at least we belonged to the crowd this time. We are beginning to wonder whether some restaurants put OpenTable reservations behind other reservations in the queue.Special Features:
- Unique in SavannahLovesouthernfoodDined on 10/2/2014We love the fun decor downstairs seating! Our server was attentive and helped with a drink request. Food was good, but most restaurants in Savannah serve good food! Dinner is a little pricey, but overall we would return!
- AlgunSteakeaterDined on 10/2/2014Food and service were outstanding. Menu is very broad and provides a nice twist on Italian staples. I had the saffron seafood dish which I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Across the BoardTravelerstwoDined on 10/1/2014This was our third time to dine at Garibaldi in Savannah. Each experience has been tremendous. The food has always been gourmet, the staff, wait and desk, are hospitable, kind and make one feel like family, and the ambiance relates to the Savannah experience. This restaurant is among our top five restaurants in the world.Special Features: