Garibaldi - Savannah
315 W Congress St
Savannah, GA 31401-2408Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Garibaldi - Savannah
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.garibaldisavannah.com/
- Phone: 9122327118
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gerald Green
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the heart of Savannah"s historic City Market, Garibaldi is housed in the 1871 Germanian Fire House. Built in classic Paladdian architecture, the building is a beautiful presence in the market area. In the fashion of the era, the firehouses were commonly community meeting places. Thus, the Germanian Society erected a Grand Ballroom on the second floor of the building. With sixteen foot ceilings, fourteen foot arched windows and vintage iron chandeliers, it is one of the most beautiful dining rooms in Savannah, seating 120 and complete with its own private bar. The main floor is a beautiful Victorian room with lavish gilt mirrors, original pressed tin ceiling, romantically illuminated with whimsical chandeliers. Garibaldi offers a variety of menus, and specializes in customizing menus to your specific needs. Gracious service and outstanding food is our highest goal and has helped us earn the Zagat Award of Distinction once again for 2011/12.
- Private Party Contact: Meghan Littlefield 9122327118
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Our address is 315, West Congress Street. We are right next to City Market.
There are two parking garages that are conveniently located nearby
• Whitaker Street Garage (entry from Whitaker Street which is one way street)- From I-16 Take MLK Blvd exit and turn left, go all the way to Bay Street and turn right. Go to Whitaker Street and turn right, the garage entrance will be on your right.
A word from Garibaldi - Savannah
EVERY NIGHT'S A PARTY AT GARIBALDIContinued
For a private event please contact Meghan Littlefield at 912-231-8221.
For a private event please contact Meghan Littlefield at 912-231-8221.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Garibaldi - Savannah - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Garibaldi - Savannah reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)romantic (84)fit for foodies (80)neighborhood gem (52)notable wine list (32)good for groups (30)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (9)great for lunch (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful as always.nomnomfoodieDined on 10/17/2014This was our second time dining at Garibaldi's and they did not disappoint. As always the food and service were impeccable and we can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzinVIPDined on 10/13/2014My salad was ok. My entree was very good. We've dined there many times. This is the first time the food wasn't exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceHardtopleaseDined on 10/13/2014The food was terrific, the service oust an ding and just a fantastic server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, too noisyDonewithVegasDined on 10/10/2014Garibaldi's came highly recommended for the flounder and did not disappoint. One of our party also ordered the veal and loved it. The only issue I have is the noise level. It was extremely difficult to carry on a conversation without shouting across the table. I would still recommend Garibaldi's based solely on the quality of the food, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced for what you getmax123Dined on 10/9/2014The service was slow. We had to ask why our entrees were taking so long and had to ask for second alcoholic cocktails twice. The four people at the table next to our table of three came in later thank we did, ate, and got there check before we were even served. Also, the noise level was high and my wife tells ME that I'm going deaf. The food was terrific but for the above results, certainly not worth it. We will not be going back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2014was a special occasion- anniversary.. they did a great job of a "special table". outstanding service an "went over and above" in making it a special occasion. Food was outstanding; the ambiance was also very good. A special touch " presented a happy anniversary" desert to us at the conclusion of our meal. Will definitely recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resting in their reputationyumyumDined on 10/8/2014From first to last we were disappointed. Led to the upstairs room that melted Moldy we asked to be seated downstairs and were. After telling the server that I am allergic to cilantro ( causes severe gastric problems) Was served a mignonette made fro cilantro. Teri requested dressing on the side for her Caesar salad and it came drenched. The veal piccata was unevenly pounded so it was thick and tough in places. To add to the situation two bus boys collided and sent cocktail sauce and oyster shells over one of the Men at the next table. Should have known when we were almost the youngest there ( I am 68) that it was not for Us
- FLretireeDined on 10/7/2014Went for a birthday celebration. Got nice quiet corner table. Service good. Food seriously disappointing. Veal in the veal parm dinner was pounded paper thin and heavily breaded so you could barely taste the veal. Gumbo mostly okra with just a hint of the shellfish. Very nice dessert and they wrote Happy Birthday on the plate but it didn't really make up for the dinner being so disappointing.Special Features:
- knowfoodsDined on 10/6/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner. Liked the atmosphere and talked with some very interesting people.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/6/2014The food was amazing, ordered the mahi mahi special and it was incredible. Their flounder is also very good. Drinks were yummy and service was great. Only thing is the restaurant is a bit dark.Special Features:
- Get the table you wantPhoenix042655Dined on 10/5/2014The overall experience was a good one although we had to force the issue with regard to seating. As with many restaurants today, the host or hostess is given instructions to direct patrons to the less than desirable tables first. If no one complains then all the better. This restaurant tried to seat us upstairs in a ballroom-style hall with bright lights, high-ceiling and best of all, 3 tables of eight folks all having a great loud time. Then there was the two of us. Only complaining got us a table on the main floor. Noisy still but at least we belonged to the crowd this time. We are beginning to wonder whether some restaurants put OpenTable reservations behind other reservations in the queue.Special Features:
- Unique in SavannahLovesouthernfoodDined on 10/2/2014We love the fun decor downstairs seating! Our server was attentive and helped with a drink request. Food was good, but most restaurants in Savannah serve good food! Dinner is a little pricey, but overall we would return!
- AlgunSteakeaterDined on 10/2/2014Food and service were outstanding. Menu is very broad and provides a nice twist on Italian staples. I had the saffron seafood dish which I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Across the BoardTravelerstwoDined on 10/1/2014This was our third time to dine at Garibaldi in Savannah. Each experience has been tremendous. The food has always been gourmet, the staff, wait and desk, are hospitable, kind and make one feel like family, and the ambiance relates to the Savannah experience. This restaurant is among our top five restaurants in the world.Special Features:
- Good VarietySpud2004Dined on 9/25/2014Excellent mix of seafood and meats. Great hearts of Palm salad. Good service. We'll informed servers.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Romantic... Crispy Flounder with Apricot Shallot Sauce to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating 23 years of marriage23yearsDined on 9/18/2014This was the 3rd time my wife and I celebrated an anniversary dinner there, and each time has been better than the last. We had a perfect evening from the food, the staff, and the ambiance, everything was great great special occasion spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014We went here on our first night in Savannah and it was a wonderful introduction to the possibilities of food and exceptional service that marked our stay in this lovely town. Girabaldi's has a gorgeous, regal, sweeping ballroom ambiance and lots of corner tables that make it very romantic even when it's busy. Their raw oyster selection is fabulous and you can't go wrong with anything you order here. Charlie the bar tender is worth coming a little early for. Have a few drinks with him and he'll start your night off right and is a wealth of information about Savannah. From ambiance, to service, to food, this is a place that will not disappoint.Special Features:
- Boring!RobbinsVIPDined on 9/12/2014We expected so much more. The food at Garibaldi's was quite average. We ordered salads, but the waiter never brought them and, all of a sudden, our entrees came out. Never asked if I wanted another cocktail or wine with dinner. Such poorly trained wait staff. So sad since the room is beautiful and hostess was so nice.Special Features:
- Marc1090Dined on 9/12/2014Loved it, we're from Northern VA in Savannah to bring our daughter to SCAD. Garibaldi was a dining highlight. Loved it and will return in future trips to Savannah.Special Features:
- Flounder1Dined on 9/12/2014This was our 2nd time eating here. With friends in town visiting we wanted an absolutely guaranteed great meal and service ...and we got it. The flounder was flawless. The fried shrimp the best. Hats off to chef Gerald.oh the peach cheesecake was divine!!!Special Features:
- Amazing staff and foodCCTravelsDined on 9/8/2014We were treated like a king and queen at this restaurant! Cajun chicken pasta, shrimp cocktail, and lobster pasta were all fantastic. Their signature berry basket was outstanding and made extra special with Happy Birthday written in chocolate! Our waitress also brought us a candle to make a wish. Jason (the manager?) was on top of everything and genuinely wanted us to enjoy every facet of our time at Garibaldi---best service and southern hospitality we received on our entire 3-city trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Setting and ServiceLyndaBillDined on 9/8/2014We were a group of six friends who were there for dinner. The food was very good (all entrees, appetizers and dessert), the service was very prompt and unpretentious and the general setting was very pleasant. The food was creatively prepared, and the portions were very generous. We enjoyed the evening very much and would readily recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Excellent 25th Anniversary DinnerTexans143Dined on 9/8/2014The staff and waiter were very friendly and helpful. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and treated us like we were regulars. The owner even came by a couple of times to check on us and ask if we liked the food. Both of our appetizers and entrees were excellent in both presentation and taste. They could not have been better. The fried shrimp appetizer was absolutely the best fried shrimp I have had in the past 50 years from southern Louisiana to Houston and Galveston. This is no exaggeration! The slight spicey seasoning and the light coating produced perfectly cooked shrimp that could not have been more delicious. My only reqret is that my entree was not fried shrimp, too, so I could enjoy more of this perfect dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingLuv2eatoutsavannahDined on 9/5/2014Having visited the restaurant before, we found the food was average, the service average, and no real welcoming feel. We have many restaurants that do offer these things in Savannah, so I wold suggest they "step up" their game. Overall, our visit was a dissapointment. Unfortunately, no manager ever visited the floor or cared to inquire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SavannahGuestDined on 9/4/2014The food and service are very good. We enjoyed a late night dinner of fine quality.Special Features:
- Forget the complainersmikeDined on 9/1/2014This restaurant is a lovely experience: the food isexcellent, the service attentive, the decor charming, and the desire to please strongly evident. Those who reported otherwise either had an entirely aberrant experience or are impossible to please. We had nothing to complain about except that we had to eventually leave. Don't hesitate to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot and humid in SavannahAggieFoodieDined on 8/31/2014My wife had the fried shrimp and she said it was probably the best she had ever had. I had the Grouper special and it wasn't so special. It was a little over done. The risotto was a little dry. There really was no flavor in the fish or risotto. I would not order it again. Lesson learned is to stay with what they are know for. I should have had the flounder. Service was awesome. I would recommend the restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Diamond-Scored Flounder. Get It.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Garibaldi's signature dish - the diamond-scored flounder - is outstanding. I substituted their parmesan risotto for the orzo and julienned vegetables side, and loved every bite.Special Features:
- One of the BestlwbdinesoutDined on 8/28/2014This is one of the best restaurants (maybe the best) in Savannah. My wife had the flounder special (again) and it was just as good as the last time we were here. My Steak Dianne was rare (as ordered) and delicious. We had a nice table and the waiter was just attentive enough. There are a decent number of good wines at reasonable prices. We had a great dinner and plan on going back.Special Features:
- Will come backSphinxgirlDined on 8/28/2014We were so happy to find Garibaldi in Savanah! Great Italian food and seefood. We started with the Calamari served with a sweet and spicy sauce. The lobster tails dish I ate was lightly egg washed and sautéed in a sherry sauce and served with fettuccine. It was delicate and delicious. My husband had a crispy diamond cut flounder with an apricot sauce that was perfectly prepared. A great find for a special meal.Special Features:
- The Specials were SpecialSushiLoverDined on 8/23/2014The specials did not disappoint! I had the crab-stuffed grouper and my husband had the redfish with shrimp risotto. Both were absolutely incredible. The service was very good - our waiter was attentive and helpful when it came to selecting a wine to go with our entrees. The bread was warm and light with creamy butter. Overall, this was a fantastic experience.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We took our daughter and several of her friends to Garibaldi's to celebrate her 16th birthday. Beautiful place and the food was delicious! Our waiter was very attentive to us and to the girls (they had their own table).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealNosherDined on 8/19/2014Had not been to Garibaldi's in some time. Took friends who were visiting from New York and we all agreed that the ambiance, service and food was wonderful. A GREAT night out!!!Special Features:
- Great Spot for DinnerBonesVIPDined on 8/18/2014One of the best in the Historic District of Savannah. We stopped for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The salad used fresh, crisp lettuce and veggies. I had the crusted flounder which was to die for. Crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Best I have EVER had. The food was wonderful and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJutziVIPDined on 8/17/2014As we passed through Savannah for one night, we relied on Open Table for a great local restaurant. Garibaldi exceeded our expectations in all categories. What a great experience!Special Features:
- GoodfoodfindergoodfoodfinderVIPDined on 8/8/2014Recent weekend trip to Savannah. Best food we had during our visit. Flash fried flounder was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The food was good however our party sat upstairs and it was very hot. Our waiter was dripping with sweat. I had to ask if they could turn down the air so we could enjoy our meal.Special Features:
- Very good Food and ServicewillbeRHDined on 8/2/2014Yes, it was a Saturday night. The place was packed and noisy. The table seemed a little small and the service staff had to walk around in small aisles. But the service was polite and prompt. The food came out pretty quickly without delay. The food was tasty and the vegetables cooked perfectly. I will be back during the week to see if it is a little less noisy. There is not much space at the reception desk, but we were shown to our table immediately.Special Features:
- Garibaldi was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I found Garibaldi on OpenTable and when we arrived it was better than I expected. Even though it was in the Historical District, it seemed to have more locals than tourists. Our waitress was so sweet. She even gave us suggestions on where to go to for the nightlife. The shrimp risotto for an appetizer was delicious. We were there a few days ago and my boyfriend is still talking about how good his duck was. The restaurant had a nice elegant feel to it. I would recommend this place to anyone going to Savannah. Our server said they don't advertise, they work only by work of mouth. Great find on OpenTable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.