Gamlin Whiskey House
236 N. Euclid Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63108Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Gamlin Whiskey House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gamlinwhiskeyhouse.com/
- Phone: 3148759500
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am-4:00pm Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm-1:30am, Sunday: 4:30pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Gamlin Whiskey House is proud to offer a specialty catering menu upon request. With an emphasis on customization and excellent service we look forward to making your next event a special one.
A word from Gamlin Whiskey House
With an emphasis on world class whiskeys, our contemporary steakhouse serves hand-cut steaks and delicious cocktails amid the bustle of the wonderful Central West End.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Gamlin Whiskey House - Best Restaurants in St. Louis ›
Gamlin Whiskey House reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (51)fit for foodies (45)special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (43)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (34)hot spot (28)romantic (19)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (16)late-night find (14)great for brunch (13)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Whiskey BarOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2014I was under the impression it was a steak centric restaurant, based on the early hype. There were a couple of steaks on the menu, but menu was fairly pedestrian. The only fish offering was farm raised salmon. The only chicken was fried. Big screen TVs, but with a few minute loop video about whiskey. Very odd. Group behind was tasting whiskey & seemed to be having a fine time. It is a whiskey house, with food on the side.
- lovesgoodeatsDined on 9/7/2014A group of ten friends met there for a birthday dinner. The atmosphere was good, the staff and service were above average. Everyone ordered something different. We took a poll at the table after dinner and everyone felt there selection was just edible. No one felt they would visit again.
- Terrible service, great drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014The drinks saved this place! Awful service and food was good. The outdoor seating is one of the best in St. Louis tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkaynotsoimpressedDined on 8/30/2014For the price, the food was just okay. The kale chips were awful. And as my wife said "it didn't seem like the food was made for me". Not very personal, almost mass-produced. The whiskey list was extensive.Special Features:
- Service??? Food???OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/27/2014It was a rainy Wed night and not busy. 1st, the waiter was not welcoming, a bit curt, read a script. I have been to restaurants in St. Louis with outstanding staff, this was a disappointment. One should not have to ask for water refills in a restaurant of this type. Then having to raise my hand with the check and credit card after waiting too long for a pickup was another frustration. Food wise, I had tuna with soy glaze and risotto. Tuna was good, risotto was tasty, but soy glaze tasted like a mix of soy sauce and Russian dressing--too sweet. My friend's petite filet actually was pretty big and tasted great, but had a tendon in it that one hopes never to find in a filet. The sazerac was fantastic! I will return for drinks.Special Features:
- Great find overallLAf313VIPDined on 8/23/2014Our waiter was excellent. The bartended Eric created personal bourbon flights for us based on out taste and preference. Food was good. Steaks were cooked as ordered. I would recommend a visit here.
- Good, not greatSls11Dined on 8/23/2014Appetizer was fantastic (shrimp and grits). Rest of our food was good, nothing spectacular. Their timing was horrible. Salads came out before appetizer. Food came out while we were still eating salads. Whole process felt rushed. They need to work on that. It was our anniversary dinner and after waiting about 20 minutes to order we had paid and left less than an hour after our reservation time.Special Features:
- Fun evening!MamasnotcookingDined on 8/22/2014We went with another couple, to celebrate an anniversary. Staff could not have been nicer, the drink menu is delightful and the food was delicious. The ability to pair excellent food in a non-pretentious setting was unique and special. Cannot wait to visit again!Special Features:
- Fun place for drinks and dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Although we were disappointed they were out of several bourbon selections, the oysters, flank steak and rib eye were excellent. Very good food-- the portions are large and you might want to share.Special Features:
- FantasticKellyDined on 8/18/2014The food and drinks were spectacular. One of the best steaks I have had in my life. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great dinner. Pur waitress was fantastic as well - extremely knowledgeable about the drinks and food options.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014All around awesome experience ! Excellent food and large portions ! Waiter was awesome ! Great place in great locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, sometimes greatwistfulwaysDined on 8/12/2014On the three occasions I have been to this restaurant, one was outstanding. The menu is fun, the drinks interesting, but sometimes the food is not as fresh as it could be. My salad was a little wilted, salmon a little over-cooked. The location is great for people watching and the staff is wonderful. I am going to give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014My wife and I had brunch at GWH to celebrate her birthday Sunday, 8/10. I made a reservation at 1130am for 2 but didn't really need one - the patio was busy because it was a nice day but the dining room wasn't crowded at all. Service was very prompt - we were early for our reservation but were seated immediately. We had a window table allowing us to people watch (busy street in an city neighborhood). Our server came quickly and was very polite and checked in on us frequently to make sure we had what we needed. Great food - she had the slinger, I had the chorizo hash - we both had the "Whiskey in the Morning". DELISH! Definitely recommending to others, already have plans to come back with friends.Special Features:
- It's not just whiskey!StLDinerDined on 8/10/2014There are lots of great whiskeys to choose from, as well as some great whiskey cocktails. But what keeps me coming back is the delicious, inventive and diverse menu. I've eaten brunch, lunch and dinner here and not had a bad dish in the lot. All delicious, and served by attentive but not overbearing waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Thought the food was a bit pricey. Friend had steak. Was not a very big portion. I had a drink. Thought it would be more than it was.Special Features:
- Several visitsrabricksonVIPDined on 8/3/2014We have now visited the Gamlin Whiskey House several times. Each time, we see a range of menu items we would still like to try. We have enjoyed every visit, and we look forward to going back to sample even more items. One of the best outdoor settings in St. Louis for watching a wide range of people and enjoying a cool summer night.Special Features:
- Great Spotannie4384Dined on 7/29/2014Very friendly staff - the host was great. Had a very good experience.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014Anytime I'm in the CWE this is a must stop. Best cocktails in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked it..UNTIL THE BILL CAME!SolidperformerVIPDined on 7/26/2014We came here with high expectations. We were sat in an empty dining room, décor is barren, and other patrons said the same after us and asked to be sat elsewhere. The waitress explained they were a 'Steak restaurant with a whiskey theme' . We had a tasty appetizer (3 pigs?), and a yummy cocktail (Peachy keen), but when we ordered the special "Ribeye with a tomato mushroom sauce", we had a tough fatty steak hidden under too much sauce, with too much pepper. The most shocking part was the bill - the "Special' was $50 (not given in advance)! When all entrees were only $25-35.it was definitely NOT worth it. I would probably return for the cocktails and appetizers, but there are much better steak restaurants in town (801 and Annie Gunns)Special Features:
- Great food but wine was very warmOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/21/2014Great food and great service, but we ordered a bottle of Conn Creek Anthology Cabernet Sauvignon and it was served very warm, probably 76-78F. Our waiter was more than willing to chill the bottle and bring it to a more drinkable temperature but it should never be served that warm.Special Features:
- Food just wasn't thereCwelocalDined on 7/19/2014Had two great drinks but both my wife and my meals were just okay. We decided if we were to return it would just be for drinks and appetizers or deaserts.Special Features:
- A Winter Kind of PlaceSTLFoodTraveler023Dined on 7/18/2014We came here for a birthday special, being the birthday boy loves whiskey. Great selection of whiskey and wine!! Our waiter was awesome!! Very knowledgeable, energetic, helpful and kind (Justin). Being a foodie, we were disappointed with our dinner. It was not the best I have had and working in the restaurant business you might just think I am complaining. Our dinners lacked flavor in some aspect and for the price, it just wasn't worthy of it. However, the deep fried cookie was awesome. So if we do come back it would be for dessert and drinks most likely.Special Features:
- Good Drink ListBourbonfanDined on 7/12/2014Gamlin house has a good list of cocktails and whiskeys as expected. The food was good, but not nearly at the level I expect for the price. I thought this would be a good place to try, and it was nice. It is a great place for a couple drinks to start or end a night, but if you want a steak, stick to places like Al's or Sam's (Similar cost and way better product).Special Features:
- jvarghese40Dined on 7/5/2014Great food, great service but a little pricey! Our waiter did an excellent job! The steaks were amazing! Cooked to perfection and tender! Great place for out of town guests or a group dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Anniversary dinnerkrika8Dined on 7/5/2014We celebrated our1st Anniversary at Gamlin's. We are both Bourbon fans so this place suits our tastes. This was our second time eating here, and both times we have had great food. One day I may have room for dessert, but so far the portions have done me in before I get to the final course! They have definitely given us a great place to go for food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!...Absolutely WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014Gamlin Whiskey House is a beautiful fine dining resteraunt. I attended on the 4Th of July and I could not have picked a better place. The food is EXCELLENT!!! and the atmosphere is settling but also electric. I especially would like to thank "Julie" our waitress for her beautiful personality and extensive knowledge of every food item on the menu...(thanks for the recommendations Julie). I have decided to make this my regular and only fine dining experience in the C.W.E. and since its right in my neighborhood that makes it even better. If you haven't been to this place your missing a real treat. Great service...Great Food...Great and kind staff. Thnx!!! Gamlin Whiskey House I look forward to seeing you again real soon.Special Features:
- O.K.tempestDined on 7/4/2014Great outdoor space and selection of alcoholic beverages, but the food was a little too eclectic for a return visit anytime soon. Service was outstanding though.Special Features:
- deliciousklke51Dined on 7/2/2014Dined with six adults and days later we are still talking about how amazing our entrees were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is my waiter??angbDined on 6/30/2014Not happy at all with the service. Our waiter was not attentive - I even had to go looking for him once. We had to ask to have out dirty dishes taken away.
- Birthday dinner2dineDined on 6/29/2014I took my wife there over the weekend and we loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottScottDined on 6/23/2014Went there for a birthday celebration and had some fun with a long-time friend. Good food and portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks and great foodDaveDined on 6/21/2014Went w/ friends on Saturday night...crab cakes were small but excellent, the Scallop Ceviche was unique w/ excellent flavor...all four entrees were thoroughly enjoyed and the Bourbon/ Whiskey selection was great except they were out of stock on a couple that I wanted...overall a fun and highly recommended experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience all aroundMoCalDined on 6/21/2014What fun! They have a whiskey sommelier who is not only knowledgable and creative but fun. He made us 3 different versions of Manhattans that were all good in their own ways. The John's Manhattan was excellent and I would recommend trying it if you want to get adventurous. The food was very good. We had the evening's specials: New York strip with blue potatoes and a lovely sauce with shrimp in it. The lamb shank with corn risotto was perfect and the off the menu filet was very good. Save yourself for dessert. The Deep Fried Oreo with ice cream and the Sticky Toffee pudding were sooooo good. We were full after our meal and over the top when we HAD to finish dessert. It was that good. Truly wonderful service. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dining experience3mealsDined on 6/20/2014A casual dining experience and the food was delicious. My wife & I had an appetizer, an entree each and shared a dessert. Our waiter was very helpful with suggestions. We had shrimp & grits for the appetizer - excellent. I had the 10 oz. patio steak and my wife had the 8 0z. Tete de filet. Both were ample sized portions and cooked to perfection. I would recommend to others, however, it is a little pricey. I would go back to try other entrées. The whiskey drinks we tried from the menu were very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give it a shotrayh52VIPDined on 6/19/2014The food and service were outstanding here—we shared a great rib-eye steak—and it's also a learning experience for those not conversant with the whiskeys of the world. You certainly don't need to drink to enjoy this restaurant, but we did, and the server's recommendations were spot on. A great find in the Central West End.Special Features:
- Father dayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Server was awesome! Very friendly and people orientated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014Awesome food and service. Just a bit pricey when you have drinks.Special Features:
- Not up to ParOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014Food wasn't hot, service wasn't good - creamer for coffee spoiled. This was not a good experience.
- Absolute GemdaffodilDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I love everything about this restaurant. An absolute gem for CWE and St. Louis. The food, drinks, location, and service were all excellent. We have a new favorite spot. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice drinks but average foodLuv2eatVIPDined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed sitting on the patio and they have a nice drink menu. Our waiter was unfriendly and cold. The tuna was good but my steak came out cold and had to be returned. I would come back for drinks but skip the food.Special Features: