87 West Street
Chagrin Falls, OH 44022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gamekeepers.com/
- Phone: 4402477744x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Alonzo Norman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Gamekeepers can accommodate private parties up to 20 guests during the summer & up to 35 guests during the winter. Some restrictions may apply.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Lutz 4402477744x
- Cross Street: Chagrin Blvd.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available on West Street as well as municipal parking areas in Chagrin Falls. There is also a valet service that is available to our guests at River Street Valet. Show your valet claim ticket and we will reimburse you the $3.00 fee
A word from Gamekeepers Taverne
Started in 1976 & nestled in the village of Chagrin Falls, this historic restaurant offers cozy, fireside dining or alfresco courtyard service. The American traditional fare features fresh seafood, steaks, chops, pastas & signature wild game. Voted best outdoor dining experience by both Cleveland Magazine & Silver Spoons. While visiting Gamekeeper's Taverne, you are welcome to explore the adjacent Inn of Chagrin Falls. Fifteen beautifully appointed guest rooms warm this country lodging experience. Attached to the Inn and restaurant is the little bar, a wine and martini bar and outdoor patio. Located right next door is the West End Bistro and Bar, featuring sharing appetizers and small plates in a cozy and hip setting. West End also features outdoor seating on another beautiful patio.Continued
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLINE RESERVATIONS ARE FOR INDOOR SEATING ONLY.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLINE RESERVATIONS ARE FOR INDOOR SEATING ONLY.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Gamekeepers Taverne - Best Restaurants in Chagrin Falls ›
Gamekeepers Taverne reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (67)neighborhood gem (55)fit for foodies (37)special occasion (36)romantic (28)great for lunch (27)good for groups (16)scenic view (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)Show More
- DaveVIPDined on 10/14/2014We were in the area and had lunch. Gamekeepers has always been one of our favorites. They have an interesting wine list to pick from. We pick wines that you will not see on most wine lists. Now on to the food. Both of us zeroed in on the Elk. Who else offers Elk? It was fantastic. We have never been disappointed dinning here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantjmb250Dined on 10/11/2014Nice dinner with family. Decent service. Some interesting menu options amidst staple American bistro fare. Decor was modest for price point but service was good. Would go againI would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceregularguyDined on 10/10/2014This was our first visit to Gamekeepers Taverne. We actually arrived early for our reservation and they were very accomodaing even though they were very busy. The food was amazing! The only negative comments I could make would be that their online menu does not match to their seasonal menu. I had peeked at the menu prior to our visit and had my taste buds all set for the Wild Boar Loins. I was disappointed to learn that it is currently not on the fall menu. The other, surprising, issue was how very loud it was at Gamekeepers. The other way to look at it is people were having a really good time. Lastly, our server, Kevin, was absolutely excellent!! Can say enough about how well he took care of us! So thanks again Kevin! -ScottSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but entrees are expensiveac77Dined on 10/4/2014Food was nicely presented and delicious. Entrees were a little expensive. There was only a choice of two desserts, which was surprising.Special Features:
- Bit datedjamesDined on 10/4/2014The decor was dated... but that's the point. Mimics a hunting lodge (sort of). Food was good (if a bit pricey). Service was good. Good place for a dinner with conversation.Special Features:
- Great EveningGordonDined on 10/4/2014We went to Gamekeepers to celebrate our recent (about 15 minutes prior) engagement with family. Everyone enjoyed the food; my walleye was fantastic! Our waiter was extremely polite, knowledgeable about the menu, and helped us have a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantcarstatDined on 10/2/2014Had a massage in Chagrin Falls and topped it off with dinner at Gamekeepers with my husband. We chose to eat inside since it was getting chilly even though they do have heaters on the patio. Quiet, relaxing dinner with excellent food. Both of us order the short ribs and they were nicely presented as well as tasting delicious. My husband cleaned his plate and I took some home for lunch the next day. Great place for a cozy romantic dinner!Special Features:
- Great dining!257farmtotabledinerDined on 9/27/2014Game Keepers is one of our favorite spots to dine! We have sent friends here for all occasions! It never fails! The food is always delicious! We loved the specials of elk, boar, etc. so did our friends when we sent them there. Farm to table is a selling point for us and I know it seems silly but NOT charging for bread & butter! One of our favorite places started to charge for this and our whole group of friends crossed it off our list! We felt it was gouging- whether you wanted it or not. If you want to pay for every item like this go to Ruth Chris! If you want the same quality at a reasonable price so you can dine out more often go to Game Keepers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jbob49Dined on 9/25/2014Four of us were celebrating two birthdays and were very pleased with the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FranVIPDined on 9/12/2014Very dissointed with quality of food. I ordered a steak med rare, it came back very rare, I sent it back and it came back all brown, no pink anywhere. I was never asked of it was ok now, so I just left it on the plate. It is pretty hard to mess up a steak order.Special Features:
- High prices/good food $atmosphereLishDined on 9/12/2014We went here for my husbands birthday and they sat us at a nice private booth. The food and drinks were good it's just a little more than we usually spend eating out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb As AlwaysRodWDined on 9/6/2014Had always travelled there for a summer luncheon with special friends. The quality and presentation is excellent...the menu variety rewarding.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointingSurelDined on 8/31/2014We have always considered this to be a "destination" spot for special occasions, but I was somewhat disappointed by the food at this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still charming after 12 years awayLousterDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I moved away from Cleveland in 2002 and had previously dined here many times . We were back in the area for a wedding and chose to go back for old times sake. It's still lovely , with great little nooks and crannies for either very private dining or the patio for the bustling atmosphere. We both chose meat entrees which were prepared as ordered and the roasted broccoli will make anyone love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentinesdayVIPDined on 8/22/2014My trout was excellent, but my husband rated his pork chop average. we had an 8:00pm reservation, & when we asked if we could be seated outside they said it would be at least 1 -1/2 hrs. however when we looked outside at 8:30 the patio was pretty dead! Inside looks tired - could use freshening up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chef, new menu = DissapointmentDaveVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food quality was less than expected from past visits. New menu items have replaced time honored favorites, such as Angel Hair Pasta.Special Features:
- DelightfulSuzanneDined on 8/18/2014I always enjoy going to Gamekeepers. In the summer, the back patio is essential. In the winter, the little bar and the room with the fireplace are my favorites. My only hesitation for others is the price. I just took a girlfriend there for a small celebration. We both had an appetizer and then dinner. No drinks; just water. No pricey specials. We managed to spend $90 + tip.Special Features:
- Great SpotMPRNCRDined on 8/10/2014Excellent food as always. Service was not up to usual standards.Special Features:
- ReliableSRLSRVIPDined on 8/10/2014Always good, reliable food. Fun place to sit outside and enjoy the company!Special Features:
- Gamekeepers tavernSamtroutDined on 8/9/2014I brought my wife back here because it was our two year anniversary , I proposed after our first dinner there. Last time the food was amazing I had the poached pear salad literally the best salad I have ever had , so I was looking forward to it again this time is was very disappointing no fried goat cheese topper tiny plate salad. We also ordered calamari which was the best I have ever had, but didn't get to enjoy it because they Rushed our entrees out , I can't let $40 elk go cold. The entire meal went way to fast , the only time my wife and myself had a babysitter for our three kids we were out at records pace and we even had drinks but we felt rushed out of there .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can always count on for qualityKaminDined on 8/9/2014Food is always fresh and well-prepared. A little expensive, but the meals are always good -- as well as the service. Pleasant dining both indoors and outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceLaLaVIPDined on 8/9/2014I've eaten here for many years, but this time around surpassed other experiences. The menu included enough variety to please many palates (in the past, a lot of game has given non-game loving diners limited choice); the service was accomplished, and the food itself was truly excellent. We had requested the patio but it was already full, so we started off feeling a little disappointed given the inside seating, but our table turned out to be superb. Very cozy and comfortable, we were happy with everything about the dinner. In fact, we plan to go back in 2 weeks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- traveltooVIPDined on 8/4/2014The patio was very enjoyable and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableMelissaVIPDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed a lovely dinner on the terrace. I was disappointed at the lack of disclosure that the inside restaraunt is not handicap accessible. We were very lucky that seating was available outside. For a Sunday evening, the restaraunt was busy. By the time we left all of the outdoor tables were full. Several folks were seated inside. Aside from the lack of handicap accessibility, everything was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gamekeepers TaverneAnniversaryDined on 7/31/2014Enjoyed a tasteful, leisurely dinner. Excellent service and unique menu choices.Special Features:
- Lovely setting trumps foodMargaretVIPDined on 7/30/2014With just a bit more tweaking (maybe lessen the menu options to give full attention to fewer entrees), the food offerings will match up to the pleasant surroundings and attentive service. The fish tacos are a miss, with too little fish and no lettuce in a sad, make-your-own arrangement. Pasta shapes were too big to eat whole, but too unwieldy to cut, with a disappointedly ordinary taste. Entree salads are the best bet -- plentiful portion and nicely done.Special Features:
- Overall Great ExperienceAlecDined on 7/23/2014The food was fantastic! If you haven't tried it before, get the elk! A very romantic setting. Ask for Micah for your waiter. Great guy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place2boycrazyDined on 7/20/2014Went to dinner with my parents and took my 7 and 9 year old sons. The outdoor seating was very nice and a good place to sit if you ave kids. The waiter was very knowledgeable and pleasant. My boys both ordered the filet paired with french fries but they do have a verbal kids menu (chicken fingers, pizza or pasta). My husband had the elk and enjoyed it very much. All of us were pleased with our entrees. It was a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one disappointmentwhatDined on 7/19/2014I made reservations on-line. There was a special request section where I stated that we were coming to celebrate my mother's birthday. My sisters and I wanted to make this extra special since we just lost our stepfather a month ago. The staff overlooked her birthday that night. That was my disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2014Good food, but very pricey. A salmon salad was $26.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Dining at its BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Great food and atmosphere in beautiful Chagrin Falls. The menu has some unique choices that can't be found in other restaurants and the setting is like no other in Cleveland. An wonderful experience that can be topped off w/a stroll by the falls.Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmosphereKGinClevelandDined on 7/11/2014Selected Gamekeeper to take out of town guests. The experience couldn't have been better. Great outdoor table on a wonderful evening. Service spot on and attentive. Great salads for light appetite and plenty of hearty fare for those with a bigger appetite. Really appreciate the staff accommodating our request for outdoor table for our out of town guest. They were impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT GAMEFOODIE4MeVIPDined on 7/11/2014This place always keeps you savoring - fresh food ideas - wonderful Halibut, black rice, Salmon salad with fresh cucumber dressing-YUM!!! They even take care of the vegetarian/vegans in the family. We keep coming back for the wonderful variety of dishes! 'Older' wait person loved talking with the 'men' in our group but came off being distant with the gals in the group-she needs to work on being more friendly with everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeaveDined on 7/11/2014Pathetic service, management, clam chowder(if that's what you call it), food average at best. A huge disappointment.Special Features:
- DaanaDined on 7/10/2014Always a new and seasonal menu. The food and service are always good. We sat outside, and it was a lovely evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful outdoor lunchluv2dineBBTVIPDined on 7/9/2014Wonderful outdoor lunch. The patio is better than ever with newer furnishings and umbrella and brick wall. I ordered salmon and it could not have been better as was the baby broccoli and glazed carrots.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/3/2014Our first time back in more than a decade and we were rather disappointed. Our waitress was friendly but clueless. The food was good but nothing special. I wonder if the summer is a weak period for them, given their schtick.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/3/2014We always enjoy the food and atmosphere at Gamekeeper's. At this visit, however, our entrees arrived while we were still eating our appetizers. This made us feel rushed and discouraged me from ordering that glass of wine with dinner. In spite of this, we love this place & will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GameskeeperSROBBVIPDined on 6/30/2014Good food and service along with the charm of Chagrin Falls. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- The following 641 reviews are from the Gamekeepers Taverne reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/24/2014Enjoyed another beautiful outdoor lunch. Service and food were great in lovely setting.Special Features: