Flour - Italian Kitchen
34205 Chagrin Boulevard
Moreland Hills, OH 44022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Flour - Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flourrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2164643700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 11:00-2:30
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 2:30 pm- 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Minnillo & Matthew Mytro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: Clam Bakes every Thursday, during the month of October, as well as Wine Tastings monthly! Please visit our Facebook page for additional details regarding the Clam Bakes and Wine Tastings!
A word from Flour - Italian Kitchen
Inspired by the rustic simplicity of Italian cuisine, Chef Paul Minnillo offers Italian food to his new culinary venture in Cleveland, Ohio. From Flour’s larder, he creates his own house-cured meats, hand-crafted artisanal cheeses, pastas, neopolitan wood-fired pizzas and rustic Italian specialities. Flour seeks the freshest locally raised and homegrown products harvested at their seasonal peak. We do offer first come first serve patio seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Flour - Italian Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Moreland Hills ›
Flour - Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (86)neighborhood gem (78)vibrant bar scene (55)special occasion (54)notable wine list (53)hot spot (52)great for outdoor dining (52)good for groups (48)great for lunch (45)great for brunch (33)romantic (25)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (17)scenic view (4)Show More
- Everything was perfect!!AlyseVIPDined on 9/20/2014The ambiance was perfect, the server was wonderful, the food was incredible! The Gnocchi with oxtail was potentially the greatest thing my husband or I have ever had. The mussels were cooked perfectly! The salmon was amazing and the heirloom tomato salad was so tasty! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Housewives -FOODIE4MeVIPDined on 9/18/2014a Peyton Place bar group ... the 'housewives' come to hang out-creates a LOT of noise! Bartenders, service staff & wait staff get lost trying to help bar area customers-while our wine couldn't be found - food delivery was slow, wait staff not refill water or wine glasses, Waitress was slow at bringing food, nothing appetizing in caesar's salad, burata, or veal. 1 Short rib was DRY. We do not need to come back for a long time if ever! So sad to see this place deteriorate.Special Features:
- FlourDianeDined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed the food very much! Except for the so-so calamari, the rest of the meal was delicious and interesting. I had a lobster/pasta dish the was perfection! They were trying a new custard dessert that would make me head back here just to taste it again! SUBERB and probably the best dessert I've ever had! Please add it to he menu permanently! Attentive service. My only complaint was the noise level. Very hard to converse. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable neighborhood placeRobbVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food is good, if not creative. Location is convenient and parking is free. This is a basic Italian restaurant with a very limited menu. That being said, it is a good spot for a quick meal. Lunch is easy to get in for, but have a reservation for dinner, or the wait could be long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We came into celebrate over lunch. Fantastic salads, great service and even a free homemade ice cream bar for dessert in honor of the birthday. Will be back again soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Had the short rib, it was fabulous. The pizza was also great, very authentic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a favoriteavidclefoodieDined on 9/13/2014the food here never disappoints and i agree they have the best pizza anywhere. can't beat the tagliatelle bolognese although i am not certain i know anyone that would be able to order, eat and finish the large portion (took home most of the small). and i just discovered they have the best calamari appetizer in town. hadn't tried it before this visit as i like to be adventurous with the new menu items. it's the right size and the preparation was perfect all the way. it's a lively place as others have mentioned so if you want a quiet spot this is not that place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014We've been there a few times. Each we're hoping for a foodie experience that matches all the hype. Not yet. It's expensive and the food is unimpressive.
- LOUDGregDined on 9/6/2014Very loud. Food was good but we had to shout all night.
- Another home run at Flour!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Our favorite neighborhood hang. Best pizza in town. My husband & I shared the heirloom tomato pie and a small tagliatelle (my go-to here, not to be missed). Ciabatta bread served in cast iron crock is new, great flavor. Outstanding wines by the glass. Our server treated us to a round of lemoncello when we passed on dessert! A nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestnoida333VIPDined on 9/5/2014The bread, the bolognese, the incredible peach panzanella dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodGaryDined on 8/31/2014Great food. They need to sell chocolate desserts! No chocolate!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014OK FOOD, OK AMOUNT OF FOOD, BUT I FEEL TOO EXPENSIVE .Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinner!CLEfoodieDined on 8/29/2014We had a great dinner here for our anniversary. The staff was very knowledgeable about the wine list and they brought us a lovely complementary dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flour is "thumbs up"RobertVIPDined on 8/29/2014"rustic Italian" is how Flour wants to be known. Since the place opened, food and service have been uneven. At rhe moment both are near outstanding. Flour is busy, very boisy but not without charm. "Rustic Italian" in either decor or menu offerings it is NOT! More eclectic American. Pizzas and pastas are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returned 2nd time Very disappointedlocalfoodieVIPDined on 8/26/2014After a fabulous first time meal at Flour a few weeks ago, I was driven to return right away. Unfortunately the 2nd visit was not comparable with the 1st. The bartender convinced us to stay at the bar, stating that we would receive "better service," unfortunately that was not the case. Service was poor at best. Asked for bread 3 times. My friends pizza was burned; The pasta that I specifically went back for (with clams) was off the menu. I asked if they could just make the pasta & sauce portion of the dish without the clams, as we were told the clams haven't been good, the kitchen would not accommodate the request. Very turned off & didn't order an alternative dish. Expectations certainly not met on this subsequent visit.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliversOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014I enjoy Flour very frequently. The dishes on the menu are always well prepared. The service is quick and friendly. Overall, one of my favorite spots on the east side of town.Special Features:
- Birthday VisitmrspacmanDined on 8/24/2014We went for our son's 9th birthday dinner celebration. As a side note, the restaurant does not have a children's menu. However, the dinner options do come in smaller portions. My boys are foodies and thankfully, do not need a children's menu to eat. We started with crispy calamari, best I have ever had, and beef carpaccio. For dinner we enjoyed salmon, porchetta, ricotta angolotti, and tagatelle pasta. Dinner was amazing and we throroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Good food enhances friendships.FoodnymphDined on 8/24/2014Wine very good. Salmon excellent. Salads very good. Dessert excellent. Chicken Parmesan rated 'F'. My husband has taken many excellent cooking classes and worked in restaurants. He was very disappointed w/this entree. So, we are coming back for salmon and bringing friends. My husband's review of the chicken Parmesan: My opinion of a new restaurant is obtained by chicken or veal parmesan--I ordered the chicken and it could have been warmed-up from last week in a microwave. Not tender and little flavor, as was the marinara on the spaghetti. Very disappointing, only ate 1/3 of it all. The salmon, however, was excellent! Snuck a bite from my wife.fSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food, nothing specal, Pizza joint.Service fair to poor. Servers didn't know product. Would I return, no . Great looking place, could be so much better. Price point and value proposition do not align. There is no WOW.Special Features:
- Nice but not quite...Just4funDined on 8/22/2014While taking my girlfriend out for a special dinner, I was looking for a nice place with classy ambiance and a quality menu. The place is nice but not the atmosphere we had in mind. It was loud. Noticeably busy. Slightly over the top for what the menu offered. Food was not bad, again, yet not exceptional. Perhaps it's an off day. Might consider it another time and day with another menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Waiter was rude. Only good thing on the menu is the bolognese. Was way too loud. Was way too expensive. Pizza was burned. Gnocchi was horrible. Really disappointed to have to take this one off my list. This is not the first time it has been a bad experience at Flour.
- Best wedding soup!mycuzinvinyDined on 8/18/2014Great local spot. Best wedding soup I have had - ever! Love the grilled kale salad. Salmon was fantastic. Excellent service. Feels relaxed and comfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great prices!LauralgDined on 8/15/2014Flour is always consistent in their food quality. It always arrive at the correct temperature. The staff if friendly and the menu has some great unique and delicious ideas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidLuv2sharedinneroutVIPDined on 8/14/2014What a wonderful place for a romantic evening or a night out with friends. The food was wonderful and the service was attentive but not smothering. It was a little loud but not so much that we couldn't enjoy the evening together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food and AmbianceWRNDDined on 8/11/2014Flour is clearly one of Cleveland's finest restaurants. We are regulars, as are many, many people. We take our most particular foodie out of town guests there, and to a person they become instant fans. For an fun, energetic time, request a table in the front room, where the bar is situated, and for a bit quieter time take a table in the back room: either way, there is an energy there, which is fed by a fantastic menu and extensive wine list. The menu changes with modest frequency, there are always interesting specials, and some staples, which are like no where else: semolina gnocchi with braised oxtail, porchetta alla romana, ricotta agnolotti, chicken cacciatore, to name a few entrees: the wood fired pizza is as good as they come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night OutYUMMYDined on 8/10/2014Great food, great service. Most incredible wedding soup ever!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great focused menu!MJRinOHVIPDined on 8/9/2014Not too many choice, and not too few. Just a nice balanced menu with something for everyone. My wife and I brought our neighbors for the husbands birthday. We all ordered a number of appetizers and had a nice feast. The mussels with the white wine and sausage brodo is off the hook GREAT!! The calamari is spectacular, fresh and the marinara for dipping is piping hot and has a great flavor - not too sweet, not too acidic. Outstanding cheese plate to finish off the meal as our dessert course. Excellent!Special Features:
- Interesting menu, butKMBLDVIPDined on 8/9/2014We dined early in a Saturday with our two children. The service was just fine and we liked that they could choose pizza options. I had the salmon with quinoa, which sounded like an interesting combination. In reality it was a great concept but the salmon was overcooked and extremely difficult to separate from the skin, which made it less than enjoyable. Not a bad spot, but a relatively high price point for a low point meal.
- Above averageMVECDined on 8/8/2014Overall worth the visit. The appetizers and entree was good. Sorry ribsespecially good..The dessert- pistachio cake was not worth ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedCasualDinerDined on 8/5/2014I took my wife here expecting a fine dinner, after all the reviews gave Flour 4 stars. Yelp described Flour as a "Rustic Italian Kitchen." To be honest, the atmosphere here was about as rustic as a Tokyo subway. For one it was very, very loud. We were seated by a window (with a fantastic view of the parking lot I might add) and although the table was small (designed for two) my wife and I practically had to yell to speak to each other. The tables were very close together and I could overhear 4 conversations from nearby patrons who also had to raise their voice to speak to each other. The art on the walls reminded me of Jason Pollock (who is neither Italian nor "rustic"). Stainless steel tables and chairs? Not rustic. Food was also 1 star.
- pleasant surpriselocalfoodieVIPDined on 8/5/2014Our first time to Flour. How it's taken so long to get there is a mystery. Service started out a bit slow, but once we began to order dishes were spaced out perfectly. 1/2 off bottles on Tuesday! Great wine selection. We tried many different dishes to share; food was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Good meal; wish it had been quieterstamandVIPDined on 7/26/2014Enjoyed another good meal; unfortunately we were seated in the bar next to a table of four loud ladies (you know it's bad when the 8 and 10 year olds complain about the noise and when the server rolls her eyes; unfortunately they don't have a loud on the rating scale) so conversation was pretty non existent which was a bummer. Two of us enjoyed the pizzas, one had the John Dory fish special and another the steak (which I got to taste and was outstanding). I love the George Kozman paintings that are adorning the walls in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but so noisy!WorldcuriousVIPDined on 7/24/2014We recently went for a 3 generation dinner with family. The food was quite good if not inspired, the service was excellent. I don't love Flour however because even the children can't hear when it's busy. Noise bounces tremendously here. Props for carpeting the underside if the tables however, I think it helps!
- The Good and the BadJerryVIPDined on 7/22/2014The food was good, but not great. Love the 1/2 price bottles of wine on Tuesdays. Veal Parm with buffalo mozz was inspired.Special Features:
- Great foodfirsttimerDined on 7/20/2014Our group had a great experience. We had salads, appetizers, and pizzas, and all were happy with their choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frst time dinerNittanyLionDinerDined on 7/19/2014Food was good, I had the veal parmesan, veal was very tender, sauce was good,my wife got the spaghetti and clam sauce, clams were good but she thought the sauce was greasy, My waitress was nice, but I asked the busgirl for a couple of small appetizer dishes and never got them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!iheartfoodDined on 7/19/2014Flour is so reliable. The service is always excellent. The regularly updated menu delivers dishes that are just as delicious as described. The Grilled Kale Salad is my new summer favorite and the Chorizo Dates and Gnocchi are excellent. I highly recommend the COHO and Wild Hog for red wine lovers. Martinis are great and the cocktail list is very creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but nice!JohnMDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant is very noisy but fun and the food is really very good, especially the pizzas.Special Features:
- Would go backTrexDined on 7/19/2014We went here for the first time for our Saturday night "date". Drinks are way too expensive. The service was prompt enough and attentive. I didn't like the wine I chose, so it was replaced with no questions asked. As an appetizer we had calamari - I wish I had it all to myself! Really light, crispy and delicious. The only thing they can improve on is give more of that marinara sauce - the amount it comes with is rather inadiquate. For entres we had a fungi pizza (fantastic!) and beef cheek stuffed pasta - not so good. Too much dough and not enough cheek - waste of calories. Bread comes from Pittsburgh(?!?!) and isn't good. But I would definitely go back to try some other stuff on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.