Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego
380 K Street
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/ca/san-diego
- Phone: 6192371155
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)notable wine list (43)fit for foodies (30)romantic (29)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (8)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- 1st timerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Service was good. We were given complimentary champagne and a card for our anniversary. We had french onion soup and I had the Fleming salad. Both were good but not exceptional. We each had filet mignon . Both were delicious! We had the green beans, also very good. The bread we had was served hot. However, the crust was so hard/tough it scratched the roof of my mouth. Our desserts were yummy. The manager came by with a gift box of truffles which when opened appeared to have been in the heat and melted and cooled. He also gave us a card for 25% off our next visit.Special Features:
- CeErDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I celebrated our 28th Anniversary with an early dinner at Flemmings, we were greeted and seated immediately. This was our first time here and our waiter was extremely helpful. The customer service by our waiter and other staff members were an A plus. My wife had the petite filet which she enjoyed very much. I had the dry aged rib eye medium rare that was cooked to perfection. The steak was red, hot, tender and full of flavor, I was very impressed. You know you're having a great dining experience when you're planning to return while waiting for your desert. We are definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedLuv2EatVIPDined on 8/18/2014Flemings always measures up! Though a bit pricey, the steaks are well worth the cost. There are menu choices for non-meat eaters (the barbecue salmon is my favorite) and smaller appetites (share one or two small plates and an appetizer or salad). The service is excellent and a manager roams the restaurant and visits each table to make sure everything is to your liking. This is one of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014Great food and wonderful service. The staff was very attentive. The manager even came to our table to check the quality of our dinner experience. The prime rib special was a great value. Generous amount of food for the price.Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseMark4VIPDined on 8/16/2014We had the small plates, filet mingon& the lamb chops they were fantastic. The creamed spinach was too die for. Our server Dave was excellent. Overall a great diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedKennyDined on 8/15/2014We had looked forward to this dinner for several weeks. We enjoy a good steak and good service. The service by our waiter was very good but it took an hour for our entree to arrive at the table. My wife's filet was cooked excellently. I ordered the bone in rib eye medium rare but it was definitely rare and not as tender as most choice steaks. At $10.50 for the french fries I would expect them to be hot and fresh and they were not. Our bill without the tip came to over $160.00. I would not eat at this restaurant again. We have found comparable meals and atmosphere for about half the price that Fleming's charges.
- Not Returning SoonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014The service was attentive, but slow...I guess that's a trend in steak house dining? The food was tasty, but sloppy...ordered shelled king crab and bit into shells four times. Will try another steakhouse next time.Special Features:
- Celebration DinnerBellissimaVIPDined on 8/11/2014Everything was great - excellent service; always remembered "no ice" in my water, kept the bread coming, friendly staff, told us their names, very personal. TWO $25 gift cert and TWO boxes of chocolates for the Birthday and Law School graduate - that was super nice and unexpected. Food was delicious - excellent evening, thanks.Special Features:
- Good but not greatlovedinningoutDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant was nice but loud as the dining area was directly behind the bar and a football game was on. The soup was good but so hot that we had to wait to eat it. Our steaks were cooked to order regarding doneness but lacked flavor. The wait staff was wonderful and very attentive. The manager came around checking on everyone. Overall, a nice but pricey evening for the quality and flavor of our food.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/5/2014We were in San Diego celebrating our anniversary. Food was not amazing, service was just ok, perhaps they were too busy. Waiter forgot to bring salad and seemed as if he was in a hurry. Would not go back for a special celebration. The manager was very nice. Came to our table at the end of of dinner.Special Features:
- Flemmings Exceeded our ExpectationsLuv2dineoutDined on 8/5/2014Lovely evening dinner with family for a special occasion. Menu exceeded our expectations and the service from valet, to hostess, to server and bus boys was excellent. We had a handicapped guest and, at our request, were seated near an electrical outlet for his oxygen pump. The manager visited our table and provided a gift coupon and box of truffles for our birthday guest! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a FavoritemdjokinsdDined on 8/4/2014Everything was outstanding. When looking for a nice place to enjoy a succulent meal with family and friends this is the place. The prime rib special is my favorite when available but everything on the menu is supreme.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at FlemingsBuddDined on 8/3/2014We dined the other night with two other couples. We all had the prime rib, which is unusual for that to happen with six people. The prime rib was excellent, it melted in your mouth and you could almost cut it with a fork. It was thick. The sides were equally as good, creamed spinach, asparagus, baked potato. Very filling. Then there was dessert, carrot cake, lava cake, very nice. The service was very good, attentive. The only drawback I would say it the cocktails. They are Not generous with the amount of liquor and their mixed drinks are made with cheaper liquor. Also the drinks are expensive, no value there. We came to eat and the food was very good. We drank earlier at one of our condos before hand and walked to the restaurant. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flemingselcidDined on 8/3/2014Food was very good. Price was good for the Sunday night specials. Manager Jim acknowledged patrons and was very gracious with my brother-in-law. It was his birthday and he gifted him.Special Features:
- One of the best steaks...everProVacationer714Dined on 8/1/2014The food was outstanding. One of the best top 10 steaks I had the pleasure of being served. Ambience was good. Nothing particular stood out; white table cloths, Fleming's stamped silverware, wood trim throughout the restaurant. Most of the night service was handled by a single waitress or waiter. I like when all the food is placed on the table at the same time. It would have only taken two waiters/waitresses for our party of four. It's the difference between outstanding service and good. Interesting, the wine list was on an iPad. I favor a Sommelier. One last note, I preferred if the restaurant was a bit cooler, temperature wise. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterPRCESQUIREDined on 7/26/2014Excelllent food and service. Call alcohol is over priced, almost $17 for a Belvedere on the rocks?!Special Features:
- Amazing Birthday DinnerjoanievuDined on 7/26/2014We celebrated my hubby's birthday dinner and we had the most amazing time. Dessert was outstanding and yummy. Extremely yummy.Special Features:
- special ComicCon memoryLongwireDined on 7/24/2014We had the opportunity to enjoy Flemings during the 2014 ComicCon. A fine meal during a busy few days in San Diego.Special Features:
- Best Sunday prime rib in SDWinnipegkidVIPDined on 7/20/2014The food is great and of high quality. The variety and quality of the side dishes are terrific. We were fortunate to have Maria again serve us at our table. She is a professional and joy to deal with.Special Features:
- JoeJudeDined on 7/19/2014Othere than being sat 40 minutes after our reservation, everything else was good.
- Great steaks and wine!RSBDinerDined on 7/17/2014Another outstanding dinner at a Fleming's (as always). Nation wide, I have been to 5 or 6 Fleming's and everyone has been excellent. San Diego was no different. Great service and a very good wine list to boot.Special Features:
- First time at this locationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/16/2014We usually go to the Flemings in La Jolla but decided to try the one in the Gaslamp because we were going to a play at Lamb's, a block away. It was a wonderful experience providing the food quality and service that we have come to expect from Flemings. The only qualification I would mention is that we were dining early, so it was quiet, which we prefer to permit easy conversation. However, this is in the Gaslamp and I would expect that as the evening goes on, it gets noisy, as does everyplace else in the Gaslamp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebratefoodieDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant knows how to cook a steak to perfection. The potatoes are wonderful and I loved the wedge salad.Special Features:
- FlemingsDeeDeeDined on 7/6/2014Great food and price for the 3 course prime rib dinner. Service was exceptionable. Love the Chantilly cream on top of desert. Prime rib was tender and not fatty, grilled asparagus was great.Special Features:
- A wonderful birthday celebrationMarathonManVIPDined on 7/4/2014Thank you for making my wife's birthday dinner memorable. The food, wine and service were all outstanding. Fleming's Steakhouse is at the top of our list for special occasions.Special Features:
- DisappointingEllenVIPDined on 7/4/2014Haven't dined at a Flemings for awhile but was very disappointed with the quality of the steak. Didn't seem like prime beef to me. Even fries seemed over done. Restaurant was beautiful and service was wonderful though.
- AwesomeSandmanDined on 7/2/2014Aged ribeye was perfectly cooked with a great flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am a Sunday regularWinnipegkidVIPDined on 6/29/2014As well as having the best prime rib special on Sundays, there are great steaks and fish. The wine list is very good and the staff are very attentive.Special Features:
- FlemingsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2014Great service and great food. The waiter, upon learning we had been recently married, brought out complimentary champagne and finished it off with a small box of truffles. This was so unexpected. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing cuisine, good serviceRobertDined on 6/27/2014Food quality was disappointing. My chicken was overcooked, gravy/sauce quite dreadful. My wife's steak was under-cooked. They comped the steak, overall good service. Ruth Chris wins, hands down.
- Must gobestbudDined on 6/22/2014Great food and atmosphere . Good wine list for all tastes. We have always been treated excellent. Very convenient to down town hotels and convention center. Excellent service. Very good for special occasions . I never feel rushed to eat and leave even when they are busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing this timeDonJoseinRanchoSantaFeDined on 6/21/2014We frequent Fleming's about twice a year for special occasions. This time was a disappointment. We ordered 2 New York Peppercorn steaks, 1 Filet and 1 lobster. The New York steaks were small and somewhat overcooked. When I mentioned this to the waiter he said I should ordered a different steak! Unbelievable! This is supposed to be a high end steakhouse, comparable to Morton's or Ruth Chris. Their prices certainly are. I think I will take my special occasions elsewhere in the future.
- Great Steak, pass on onion ringsFatboyDined on 6/18/2014The steak was really good. The onion rings were big thick rings w some breading type of coating. Not very good. I also had the sautéed spinach which was reasonably good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No goodFoodnetworkDined on 6/14/2014Flemings did not live up to there expectations. Our waitress Maria was less than helpful. I found a hair in my my lobster bisque. She never apologized just took the soup away from the table. Overpriced for small portions of food. The filet mignon was the worse I ever had. Completely disappointed with flemings.Special Features:
- Pre Father"s Day DinnerCNNLDined on 6/12/2014Service was great, food was great, had a fantastic night with the family celebrating Father's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vader46Dined on 6/6/2014outstanding ambience Great hospitality Exceeds expectations in every regard A mustSpecial Features:
- Grea Filet MignonLarryMVIPDined on 6/6/2014I had the Filet Mignon and it was wonderful. They also have a long list of wines. This is a great place to celebrate a birthday or anniversary.Special Features:
- Oh YeaBWMTDined on 6/6/2014Ribeye was phenomenal and the sides are great the Mac & Cheese I am still thinking about.Special Features:
- Excellent Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2014Our server, Maria, was excellent! She was prompt, knowledgable, polite and really took good care of us! Made our dinner more enjoyable!Special Features:
- DuchessDined on 6/1/2014Flemings has a 'small plate' menu and that was just excellent in my eyes. my husband likes a nice big dinner and I really enjoy a smaller one and the small plate menu was very broad and my lamb chops could not have been better. Patrick was a great waiter. very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.