Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston
2405 W Alabama Street
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/tx/houston
- Phone: (713) 520-5959
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston - Best Restaurants in River Oaks ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)notable wine list (63)romantic (51)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (14)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Excellent foodOutstandingVIPDined on 11/22/2014The waiter was very attentive and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe it was the location??TheBestCriticVIPDined on 11/21/2014Been to Fleming's many times, but last Friday night things seemed off. The steaks were good, but not worthy of the prices points. Salads and sides seem to have increased in price and reduced in size. Cream spinach was the hit of the evening along with the baked brie appetizer. Fleming's food is "good" but the prices are not inline with the quality. Wine prices are marked up 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 times retail, I can understand retail X 2, but this exorbitant!! The select of wine is great, but the prices have chased me off.
- birthday treat!BookwormVIPDined on 11/21/2014Our server Mike was great. Sam the manager was also very nice What a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our date nighthappilymarriedDined on 11/18/2014We were seated quickly and had water and bread before we knew it. Toby, the waiter, was friendly and knowledgeable. The chef was able to prepare an appetizer as an entree for me, which I was very pleased about and my husband enjoyed his swordfish with the sauce on the side - we had special requests and Fleming's accomodated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlwaysVIPDined on 11/15/2014Always a favorite destination. Derek, our server, was excellent the entire evening. Great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak and EnvironmentKCDinerVIPDined on 11/14/2014Visiting a daughter attending Rice University who loves steak - we chose Flemming's and they didn't disappoint. Attention to detail is evident in everything Flemming's does, from product quality to service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent !MtsFoodieVIPDined on 11/11/2014I don't know why I ever go anywhere else ! Flemings is always serving amazing food, they always have amazing service and ambience. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!SandraDined on 11/9/2014Can always count on great service and fabulous food!Special Features:
- Sunday Night MenuJulesVIPDined on 11/9/2014The Sunday Night prime rib offering is wonderful. Sam Governale makes the place and visits all the tables making everyone feel welcome.Special Features:
- Good job!Leo282036Dined on 11/8/2014As always, food, services and enviromet very good.Special Features:
- Great WaiterBeverlyDined on 11/2/2014Food and service were the best. The waiter was the best ever. He took care of us wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We arrived on a Saturday night (11/01/14) and I was all set for prime rib. However I soon discovered that the special ended on Halloween! It was to be a special dinner for my birthday so I was somewhat upset (although the mix up was my error!). The manager came over and she and the waitress went back to the kitchen and managed to find two servings of prime rib (cooked perfectly medium rare plus). That of course made my evening, but it got better, they only charged me the special price! Turned out to be a great evening.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOGMODined on 10/31/2014My fiancé and I enjoyed a great evening at Flemings! The waiter was very courteous and gave us excellent service. The steaks were delicious. The creamy spinach was a bit too creamy for us though. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fleming's is a Houston gemDocTurkVIPDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I had another terrific experience at Fleming's Steakhouse on West Alabama in Houston. This has become our favorite dining spot in Houston. If you have never been there, you are really missing out on great food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- celebration extraordinareOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014Food setting service all outstanding! ! Welcomed our birthday party by name. Very personal sevice. BethSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveninglovely4diningDined on 10/29/2014Sharon and I had our usual lovely evening at Flemings. Sharon's food was excellent. My prime rib was not as tender as in the past. Service was excellent. We had a beautiful date and good time.Special Features:
- Grood food! Great value!GulliverVIPDined on 10/28/2014The family (4) went for the prime rib special. The salads were fresh. The beef tender and well cooked. The sides were great, and of course, the desserts were good too. Can't beat the value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasuonsrichDined on 10/26/2014Always great for special occasions. Food is always great. Service is always great. One of my two favorite steaks in houston or anywhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Food was not good compared to other Steakhoueses in the City with the same Price-Level. we will not return nor suggest!!
- Good place to be with friends and familyMauroAFDined on 10/24/2014A lot of good variety of food, great quality and quantity. Good service. The place is simple but with good atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak; Wine too priceyWork2HardDined on 10/23/2014Both food and service were wonderful at Fleming's, but as with certain other restaurants, the margin on their wine is cringe-worthy. We enjoyed a Cabernet Sauvignon from Fleming's menu at $68, which was available at a wine shop just up the street for $16. This will make me think twice next time because there is no monopoly on good steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceWanderingJDined on 10/22/2014We sat outside enjoying our meal. We ordered a variety of dishes, all of which were excellent. The service was a bit slow, but ok. The wine was enjoyable. We were under no pressure to leave, as we were enjoying relaxing over good food, with good conversation. We will do this again.Special Features:
- Our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/18/2014What incredible experience! Great service, good food and very special for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service for great steakMarcDDined on 10/18/2014Always dependable for a great steak. Out waiter, Sheriff, paid attention to every little request and offered great suggestions. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Birthday DinnerLlopezDined on 10/13/2014Was there for special birthday dinner. Wine selection was superb; steaks were delicious and cooked to perfection as requested. Sides of asparagus, onion rings and mushrooms were excellent additions. Celebrant was treated to surprise chocolates and a gift certificate to be used in the future. Overall, an EXCELLENT choice for a celebratory evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great steakAUDCVIPDined on 10/11/2014While the food,wine and service was wonderful as the last two times we have been here, we were a little disappointed that they wouldnt let us use a gift card and a $40dollar off Amex deal together. A gift card is just that....not a deal that is bound by disclaimers etc , yet it was not allowed to be combined with the Amex deal. It is known that you can never combine many discount deals, there is no rule or disclaimer when it comes to using a gift card along with a discount deal card. sigh. oh well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thompsons2Thompsons2Dined on 10/11/2014We celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary with Fleming's because we know we'd have a wonderful evening, and so we did! We cannot say enough about our favorite server, Stacie. She's knowledgeable, courteous, professional, extremely personable, and makes every occasion fun. Thank you, Stacie!! Christine, the Wine Manager, was very enthusiastic and informative when it came to discussing some specific wines we wanted to taste, and purchase for our meal. We will definitely celebrate our other special occasions at our favorite table, with our favorite server, and our favorite restaurant! Thank you, all, for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates, not small on flavor!Dineout5VIPDined on 10/11/2014Been to Fleming's a few times, and have always enjoyed great service, food, and the staff's attention to detail. This visit, I tried one of the 'small plates' entrées, , whuch was quite good, and a nice way to try a dish if you aren't super hungry, but want to enjoy one of Fleming's entrées. Enjoy one with one of their salads, for a wonderful meal, without leaving feeling 'stuffed'.Special Features:
- Great ServicemrsmlbDined on 10/6/2014My meal was mediocre, nothing to rave about but I would go back again and again because of the superb service. The staff made our visit a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious and overpricedTestyversusTastyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Too much pretention here. Pretending to serve Alaska King crab while it is much much smaller crab and unlikely from Alaska. Pretending to have a wine they do not have. Pretenting to offer a substitute at the same price but charging more. Pretending that substitute is from "Willamette Valley" while it is in fact just from somewhere in Oregon. That is a lot of pretending and quite clearly a policy of overstating and undelivering. That said, food was good but certainly not worth what they charge.
- Love the house made sourdough!DinedelightDined on 9/28/2014The house sourdough was really good! Wasn't over the moon with the fillet migon peppercorn sauce neither was my husband. Will try there again and try something different. Desert was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhousewzielicekDined on 9/22/2014If you love the flavor of meat and Steak, this is a good option. The wait staff was awesome and very friendly A++++ for them. We chose a Monday night to go and they were very accommodating and happy to help. My pork was ok but would have liked it much better had the marinated it for a while. The steak and crab I was told was very good.Special Features:
- disappointed in serviceelaineDined on 9/18/2014It was a rainy Thursday and we were looking forward to a dinner with ambiance. The booth was a nice touch. Then came the waiter---Charles---- up sell everything man. Extensive wine list!v when we picked a bottle for 55.00 he immediately said the one below (150.00) was much better. Had to explain that we would be happy with the $55.00 bottle. He then placed the bottle across the isle from us and one of had to get up to retrieve it. We asked for a tad more bread to go with our salads (for the 3rd time) and he promptly forgot again. Granted, we seem to have made reservations on the wrong night, as it was "burger night" and we ordered steak. Our bill was over $200.00 and then add 20% for a tip for Charles.Special Features:
- Great service at FlemingsOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 9/16/2014The service at Fleming's is truly great. Everyone from the hostesses to the bartenders, waiters and managers. They know how to take care of customers very well. The food is very good and the ambiance is great. Seating is comfortable and the tables are spaced nicely. The bar gets really busy and we equally enjoy dining at a table or the bar. You can't go wrong at Fleming's.Special Features:
- Fleming's ReviewGoodgroceriesDined on 9/12/2014Great service and food! Everyone was so attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, mediocre foodGtvvVIPDined on 9/11/2014First off, the service was excellent. Very attentive wait staff. Unfortunately, I was shocked at how disappointing the bone-in filet was. It was cooked to a perfect medium rare as ordered, but utterly flavorless. The apps and sides were ok at best. I won't be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Only 'OK'...wlbuckerooDined on 9/7/2014Usually quite good. Service was only 'fair' and the Roast Beef was way too fatty..
- Good Food, Not Great ServiceKatyBVIPDined on 9/7/2014This was the first time I had ever eaten at Flemings. My husband has eaten at Flemings in DC and has said how good it was. I was disappointed with this dinner. When we arrived it was not busy. Our server Michael seemed put out by having to wait on us. After he returned to tell us the bottle of wine we wanted was out, he recommended another bottle which was $4 more but not as good as the kind we ordered. It took him a long time to come back to take our order. We informed him we had a show to be to at 7:30. The meal was served and the prime rib was good, not great. There were three sauces served with it and no one explained what they were to us. Sides were ok, nothing special. Not hurrying back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapponitedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014I'm going to try and keep it simple...if I'm going to pay over $300 for 3 people to eat dinner I expect the food to be delicious. My steak was overdone, the lobster was rubbery, and the Mac and cheese was dry. I had a better $12 steak on steak night at Witchcraft tavern off 11th street last week and feel like I was robbed by Flemings. You cannot charge people that much money for mediocrity in Houston there is way too much competition that is doing it correctly ( Capitol grille, Del Friscos, Pappas).Special Features:
- Pricey Small Portions & Long WaitLoboDined on 9/5/2014We were shocked when the bill arrived. When did a baked potato start costing $9.95, 4 oz of sauteed spinach start costing $9.50 and a 4 oz ceasar salad start cosing $14.00! We lived in Chicago and the steakhouse prices were not this steep. The ceasar salad was just a 4 oz pile of iceberg lettuce with bottle dressing. My buratta & tomato salad was an afterthought on the plate. Salad presentation was no different than what you would get a local diner. The steaks were good but way too salty. The only thing good was the wait staff. They were awesome- efficient and very courteous.Special Features: