Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston
2405 W Alabama Street
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/tx/houston
- Phone: 7135205959
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with indulgent possibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston - Best Restaurants in River Oaks ›
Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)notable wine list (45)romantic (39)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great service, mediocre foodGtvvVIPDined on 9/11/2014First off, the service was excellent. Very attentive wait staff. Unfortunately, I was shocked at how disappointing the bone-in filet was. It was cooked to a perfect medium rare as ordered, but utterly flavorless. The apps and sides were ok at best. I won't be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Only 'OK'...wlbuckerooDined on 9/7/2014Usually quite good. Service was only 'fair' and the Roast Beef was way too fatty..
- Good Food, Not Great ServiceKatyBVIPDined on 9/7/2014This was the first time I had ever eaten at Flemings. My husband has eaten at Flemings in DC and has said how good it was. I was disappointed with this dinner. When we arrived it was not busy. Our server Michael seemed put out by having to wait on us. After he returned to tell us the bottle of wine we wanted was out, he recommended another bottle which was $4 more but not as good as the kind we ordered. It took him a long time to come back to take our order. We informed him we had a show to be to at 7:30. The meal was served and the prime rib was good, not great. There were three sauces served with it and no one explained what they were to us. Sides were ok, nothing special. Not hurrying back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapponitedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014I'm going to try and keep it simple...if I'm going to pay over $300 for 3 people to eat dinner I expect the food to be delicious. My steak was overdone, the lobster was rubbery, and the Mac and cheese was dry. I had a better $12 steak on steak night at Witchcraft tavern off 11th street last week and feel like I was robbed by Flemings. You cannot charge people that much money for mediocrity in Houston there is way too much competition that is doing it correctly ( Capitol grille, Del Friscos, Pappas).Special Features:
- Pricey Small Portions & Long WaitLoboDined on 9/5/2014We were shocked when the bill arrived. When did a baked potato start costing $9.95, 4 oz of sauteed spinach start costing $9.50 and a 4 oz ceasar salad start cosing $14.00! We lived in Chicago and the steakhouse prices were not this steep. The ceasar salad was just a 4 oz pile of iceberg lettuce with bottle dressing. My buratta & tomato salad was an afterthought on the plate. Salad presentation was no different than what you would get a local diner. The steaks were good but way too salty. The only thing good was the wait staff. They were awesome- efficient and very courteous.Special Features:
- Well deserved night outGOODSTUFFDined on 8/31/2014The wife and I have four kids and we chose Fleming's as our date night choice this week. The prime rib was excellent and so were the Martinis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Prime Rib,Dineout5VIPDined on 8/31/2014While this visit was planned as part of my birthday celebration, we were pleasantly surprised to find, that because it was Sunday, Fleming's was serving its Prime Rib Dinner, which included salad, choice of sides, and dessert (which we couldn't begin to eat-given the prime rib and salad!) The Prime Rib was excellent; and the service was wonderful. I was very pleased at the attention to detail...there was a birthday card at our table upon our arrival; and in addition to desert, I received a box of their chocolate truffles; and a gift card to return; which we certainly will!Special Features:
- AlwaysVIPDined on 8/30/2014Aleays excellent food, service and ambiance. Excellent wine list, too.Special Features:
- Amazing every timeLd102Dined on 8/29/2014Flemings steak still ranks as the best when I compare it to all the other great steakhouses in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The extra touch of hospitalitypatiopal61VIPDined on 8/29/2014The steaks and entrees at Flemings (River Oaks) are consistently delicious. I always choose Flemings when I am going to splurge on a good steak. I recently treated a friend to a birthday dinner here and it was her first Flemings experience. The dinner ended with the extra touch - a birthday box of chocolate truffles and another surprise. She was thrilled. Did I mention their fabulous happy hour? The mini sirloin burgers are the best in town. My friend and I are returning next week for HH.Special Features:
- Consistently enjoyabletvangyDined on 8/25/2014The service, atmosphere, ....and the FOOD, and always consistently delicious at Flemings!Special Features:
- WhitVIPDined on 8/24/2014Superb filet mignon was enjoyed by all 4 people in our party. Very good wine list and the deserts were also great.Special Features:
- Thompsons2Dined on 8/16/2014Our 'very special occasion' was treated as such! We had a wonderful evening, as we expected, and were treated like royalty....what more could you ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedSteakandWine60Dined on 8/16/2014We went this past weekend for an early dinner and were seated promptly and service was outstanding. We chose to use the restaurant week menu and loved all of our choices. We also added an order of onion rings and we thought they were the best we have ever had. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middle of the road...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Celebrated our anniversary here and have never actually been in before. Our filets weren't cooked as ordered and the meat was not filet quality...chewy actually. Ambience is nice, but there are better places to have a good steak in Houston.Special Features:
- Dinner at FlemmingsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014We had a wonderful experience at Flemmings this weekend. The food was amazing and the ambiance was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and mediocre foodHoustonFoodieDined on 8/1/2014The ambiance is nice, the service is good but the food, unfortunately was average at best.
- Great Food & Serviceiluv2eatoutDined on 8/1/2014Food as always was fantastic on most recent visit. Server was great and knowledgeable. The wine list is phenomenal. The managers visited the table and were engaged with their customers. The steak is always great and the chicken was FANTASTIC - the most moist chicken all of us ever had out.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary CelebrationCelebratewithFoodDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary last week at Flemings. The staff greeted us with well wishes. Our table was adorned with a small vase of fresh roses and a note from the GM. Our meals and wine selections were wonderful and service attentive, pleasant but not hovering. A special desert treat was presented at the end of our meal. It was a lovely evening and the food consistently good as on each of our prior dining at Flemings. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Slow to start but better at tableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014Very slow to be seated but great table service and very accommodating for dietary restrictions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- riclinVIPDined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner and had nice service. Our waitress was good but never mentioned the specials but did come to ask if we wanted the chocolate lava cake dessert. Booth was very comfortable but next time want to be away from entrance. Have asked for a quiet location on open table both times and we have had the same first booth both times. My prime rib was med rare and very thin whereas my husband's was med and at least twice as thick. Both tasted good. Cheesecake is very light and chocolate lava cake delicious.Special Features:
- Great Date Night PlacePaulaRDined on 7/19/2014My husband and i love Flemmings for our date nights. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food is always fabulous! This time our service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Fine but not notablecackieVIPDined on 7/19/2014If you are hungry for steak go there. Just like any other Fleming's. Like it more if there were more personality and reasonable prices. Needs more zing for those prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable meal at Fleming'sOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014Had dinner at the lively bar at Fleming's and really enjoyed it. Great bartenders and nice bar. The French Onion Soup was excellent. Loved the Alaskan King Crab Legs as well. Simply cooked but perfect. I don't go in often enough but I always enjoy Fleming's. They have good food and they know how to treat you right.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/14/2014I have dined here multiple times, both in the bar, on the patio and in the dining room. I am never disappointed. This is a great restaurant all around. They have it all, great food, good wine list, great service and great happy hour specials.Special Features:
- Loud and expensiveJJRJVIPDined on 7/12/2014We've had wonderful meals at Fleming's, but this was not the best experience. While we had a reservation, we had to wait 15 minutes to be seated. The noise level was deafening. My husband's steak was great, but my fish was over cooked and cost $39!
- Great experience!zmp7Dined on 7/4/2014Great experience! When visiting Houston we had our last dinner at Fleming s, we went with our, 2Y girl, and everything was just perfect. The service is really good, in the perfect balance between attention and overwhelming, the food was exactly what we expected. Try the tempura lobster, the ginger sauce is just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingnano1210Dined on 7/4/2014I took my date here and we had an amazing experience, the steak was the best I ever had and desert was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okeat2liveDined on 6/15/2014Our family dined here for Father's Day. While the staff was nice, the food was mediocre and definitely not what I expected for the price. The orders of Eggs Benedict over salmon was served with the tiniest slice of salmon over a completely burned English muffin. I was amazed that this was allowed out of the kitchen and decided that quality control was not a priority here. Upon request the waitperson offered to get one person a replacement which was quickly delivered. She said to the other, "Is yours ok or would you like another?" The dish was in the same state as the other and it should have been replaced without question. Not the quality I have experienced here in the past.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have had betterStephenDined on 6/7/2014Our recent trip was a bit disappointing as far as our food goes. Our Caesar Salads were very wilted and not crisp. Waiter took them off the bill for us. The bone in ribeye was a bad cut of meat as it was very fatty. I am aware that it should be marbled, but this was mostly fat. For $200 meal I expected higher quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Special PlaceWadeDined on 6/7/2014Flemings is our favorite steakhouse in all of Houston. We attended for my 55th Birthday, and it was outstanding. The attention to detail, the service, the extensive wine menu, the buzzing ambiance of the main dining room, and the head manger Sam always checking to make sure your evening went as planned, make Fleming's in River Oaks a very rare find. I love the boneless ribeye steak here, as well as all of the side dishes, the perfect martinis, and the appetizers. Try the small dish of lobster tempura as an appetizer; it is incredible. When you really want to be spoiled and a great steak dinner and special meal, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Worst experience hereRyanVIPDined on 6/7/2014Dined here 15+ times in the last year but this was, by far, our worst experience. The server tried to rush out of the restaurant - never presented the specials, never asked us if we wanted additional cocktails, and was passive aggressive towards us after we alerted the manager of our experience. On top of it, the food was much worse than we normally experience. Chalking it up to a bad night - hoping it's not the start of a decline.
- JonSDined on 6/7/2014Great steak, terrific service highly recommend going there. Iti si one of Houston's steak housesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingluvtodine2Dined on 6/6/2014We met friends there for a nice evening to get caught up on each others news, we spent the night just about yelling to be heard over the general noise. My steak was good but the pork chops of my husband and friend not so much. Server was friendly but he was not attentive at all. For the price $(300.00 excluding liquor)I would have expected much better service.
- AlwaysVIPDined on 6/3/2014THe staff always makes us feel welcome. The food is excellent. Always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in townChristopherDined on 6/3/2014I still think Flemmings cooks the best steak in town. I've been going here for 10 years and I always know what to expect. Great food and service.Special Features:
- The following 424 reviews are from the Fleming's Steakhouse - Houston reviews archive.
- Mothers choice was a successFoodFanaticVIPDined on 5/11/2014Thank you Jordan for you great service. Food was great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch ExperiencefoodlovrDined on 5/11/2014We were there for mother's day brunch and thought it was going to be loud, but we were seated in the outdoor patio and we ended up having a very nice quiet time. Service was very good and the ambiance was perfect. Kids were welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service great foodIlove2goout2eatDined on 5/11/2014Flemings never disappoints. The food, service & wine is always excellent. The staff is very attentive and helpful on making recommendations. Our last visit was on Mother's Day & although the restaurant was buzzing with kids & large parties, everyone we were helped by remained cheery & not frantic or rushed. The brunch menu was delicious & so were the brunch cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mothers Day BrunchwaynesworldtxDined on 5/11/2014Excellent Mother's Day menu. Food was great and service, as always, exceptional ! Prime rib was prepared just as ordered and was excellent ! Very friendly and helpful staff - done right.Special Features: