Fish Restaurant + Bar
245 Bedford Street
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Fish Restaurant + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishstamford.com/
- Phone: 2037249300x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday -Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Biagio Riccio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fish Restaurant + Bar
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fish Restaurant + Bar - Best Restaurants in Stamford ›
Fish Restaurant + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)great for outdoor dining (43)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (28)good for groups (16)special occasion (16)great for lunch (15)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (6)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OUTSTANDINGColonel1Dined on 10/16/2014We are very happy this restaurant was recommended to us. We will be constant patronsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good fish menulovepuppyVIPDined on 10/13/2014Whenever we want a fish meal, we go to Fish Restaurant. We know that the fish is always fresh and delicious. Service is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- much improvedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/8/2014Although initially off to a slow start, there was greatly improved service. Food still deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new find for fish!CarolMDined on 9/18/2014We had not heard of this restaurant (discovered it on OpenTable list). Tried for a business lunch and LOVED it. Had a table nearest the sidewalk on a nice late summer day. Service was attentive, without being overbearing. I had the shaved brussel sprout salad and a tuna burger. The salad was HUGE and excellent. I had to take half of my tuna burger (which was also excellent)home. My business colleagues both raved about their meals. Given it's location, parking can be tough. And i expect the after-work bar scene would render the restaurant quiet noisy. I will absolutely go back with my husband (another fish lover). Menu loaded with great fish options. Try it!Special Features:
- Excellent Food!food4funDined on 9/16/2014We were pleasantly surprised with our entire experience. Excellent service. Food was fantastic. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Love the food & will be back oftenleftmyheartVIPDined on 9/16/2014But someone PLEASE explain to the staff that over-service is almost as bad as none. Hovering is nice but please! Every five minutes???Special Features:
- FISHyummyinstamfordDined on 9/15/2014This is the second time I have dined at FISH and it is by far the best restaurant in Stamford downtown! I work in NYC so frequently dine at great restaurants and frankly, our neighborhood gem stands up to that competition. The food is spectacular and you can taste the freshness in every bite. The service was friendly and informative. You can choose your fish, how you want it cooked (pan seared or grilled), and what sauce you want to use. At our request, our waitress made some recommendations and we all had clean plates! I was delighted with my fresh and delicious halibut, pan seared, with red coconut curry sauce on top of jasmine rice. You must go and check it out for yourself.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedjessicaleigh312Dined on 9/2/2014I'm very excited to review this restaurant as it was much better than I expected. It was my first visit to Fish and, being a new restaurant, I expected there to be some kinks. But there were none! The bartenders were very attentive and made excellent drinks. (I had The Skinny and my husband had Macallan - they even had the sphere ice cubes meant to be used when drinking whiskey!) When we sat down to dinner, the waiter came right over - he was quick, efficient, and friendly. The manager occasionally checked in on us as well. Throughout the whole night we never felt rushed. It was a little pricey but the quality of the food more than made up for the prices. Everything from the drinks to the seafood was fresh. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Consistently good and fresh fish!NogoodnyckVIPDined on 9/2/2014My 4th time there since they opened. Appetizers and salads are great meals are well executed and service and presentation are nice. They offer beer, wine and cider to complement the meal. Can be pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014We just had dinner there for the first time and were pleased with the quality of the fish and portion sizes. The service was slow and not accommodating. They ran out of a pie dessert on the dessert menu during restaurant week and did not offer a substitute pie. we asked her to go back to her manager who, thankfully, agreed to substitute a different pie. We had made a few other requests that evening that the waitress said no to which was frustrating. I am not sure we will return because part of the experience is being treated well. We can find good fish elsewhere.Special Features:
- FishStamfordFoodieVIPDined on 9/1/2014A great new restaurant... the food is excellent, the service is great, and the menu is very varied with lots of great choices. The lobster grilled cheese (brunch) is over the top.Special Features:
- HKMDDined on 8/30/2014Very good food, fast service, very pleasant environment. We really enjoyed it and will go again in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was great. Waitress was very friendly and informative. Went there for restaurant week. Was crowded but still had a lot of open tables so it was confusing when the entrees were VERY slow when coming out of the kitchen. Also the manager HAD been circulating the tables UNTIL the food wasn't coming out... then he continued circulating OTHER sections of the restaurant but avoided ours (there were other tables near us waiting as well)... We had to flag him down and then he disappeared again, no apology, no follow through... But our waitress was great and the food was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Service EverSaki31Dined on 8/27/2014Waited an additional 20 minutes to be seated despite having reservations. While at the bar, bartender took our drink order and forgot to bring it to us. After being seated, it took 45 minutes for us to get appetizers (chowder and lettuce wraps). This was after we complained. It was 90 minutes before we got our entrees. The food was mediocre at best. The manager, who was hosting, was inattentive to us even though he knew our issue. Nothing was comped on our receipt after such a horrible ordeal. The best thing about our night was a great server who repeatedly apologized about the wait and tried her best to get our food. There were people who sat down after us and still got their food before us. We will NEVER go to Fish again!
- Fish HouseCk16Dined on 8/26/2014Loved how they set it up as if it was a steak house but with fish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudUrnbr6VIPDined on 8/26/2014Way too loud. Actually painful to the ears. Food is very good but very hard to take when you have to yell at the person next to you.
- Fish for Foodies & People WatchingfoodloverDined on 8/25/2014Took advantage of restaurant week in Stamford. Delicious Branzino. Great weather to dine outdoors. Excellent value. Advise you to get there early since noise level can get high.Special Features:
- Slow kitchen,ValeVIPDined on 8/24/2014Went for Sunday brunch. Slow kitchen despite not a lot of patrons - 25 minutes for food to come out. Colleagues hollandaise sauce was congealed. My salad was salty. And the pasta was drenched in oil such that a small puddle remained at the bottom of the dish.
- jmagDined on 8/21/2014First time at this restaurant and was very impressed by the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Meal at FishSanibelleDined on 8/20/2014We went to Fish for the first time. I do not like anything that comes from the sea, other than canned tuna, and was happy to see that they had alternatives on the menu. It was Restaurant Week in Stamford, so service was a bit slow but never a problem. We ordered from the special menu. The arugula salad with pears, gorgonzola and walnuts was superb and perfectly dressed, and my husband's fish lettuce wraps were also very good. My skirt steak was cooked perfectly and accompanied by mashed potatoes and asparagus. My husband's pasta with seafood was equally good, and the key lime tart served for dessert was delicious. All in all, a pleasant experience, and I was happy to know that I could be happy in a restaurant that catered to fish lovers.Special Features:
- Kudos to Jim the managerLovetoeatVIPDined on 8/16/2014It was a beautiful Saturday night and we went o our new favorite restaurant. We wanted an outside table as you see a bit of Stamford with people bustling around the town. While sitting there a person from outside started smoking and was a bit annoying when Jim the manager noticed it within seconds and came over politely asked the man to leave. As for the dinner, just wonderful! Andy the waiter was excellent and very friendly. The Brussels sprouts are a meal in it self. The rock shrimp buffalo style was spicy and good. The dinner of ravioli mushroom style was tremendous. Scallops were great. Great drinks also. Pineapple mojito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Night Outlove2eatDined on 8/11/2014Had a lovely evening with a group of friends. The service was attentive, friendly and knowledgable. Dinner was delicious. The Brussel Sprout Salad and the scallops were amazing! We will be back!!!!Special Features:
- Glad I wentSenoraDined on 8/11/2014I heard that FISH was good, and I was looking forward to trying it for myself. I was not disappointed. The food was fresh, tasty and beautifully presented. I enjoyed the space very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Numbersguy7VIPDined on 7/27/2014Visited while traveling on business. Great food (loved the lobster crawfish bisk) and attentive service.Special Features:
- Lots of Service Goofs - good foodFatRat250VIPDined on 7/24/2014Took 15 minutes for server to arrive at table. When I left to go to mens room, they cleared my table, even though I was already in the course of my meal. They brought the neighboring tables wine to my table 3 times - Really?? Other than that, the food was good.
- Great choicesChrisDined on 7/23/2014Three of us went for dinner during the week. FISH has an interesting menu concept with regards to their fresh fish. You pick you fish, how you would like it cooked, a choice of four or more sauces & a choice of vegetable. The portion size could have been larger, the meal was excellent. The wine list has some unique finds & appears to be reasonably priced. The service is outstanding, comparable to some of the best restaurants anywhere. The appetizers were excellent & the size of the salad was enough for two. The only negative on the experience was the noise level. When we entered, there was a large party toward the back of the restaurant who were very loud and the sound carried. Conversing was difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RedHotWalletDined on 7/23/2014Bring someone you DON'T want to converse with. Noise level unbearable. White table cloth prices with a sports bar ambience. Management more interested in bar sales than diners.Special Features:
- Great summer spotVinnyCalamariDined on 7/19/2014Great seafood, wonderful service and smart decor....Special Features:
- shrimp avocado saladfoodyfoodieDined on 7/19/2014shrimp avocado salad absolutely delicious cosmo perfect waiter accomdating opentsble reservation respected best salad thus far in Stamford plan to return and check out other items 😊👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoyceVIPDined on 7/10/2014Service was terrible! We waited for an eternity to get our appetizers and another eternity to get our entrees. The food was just ok, nothing memorable. We were there on a thursday, I cannot imagine what a Saturday must be like. The noise level was terrible. I couldn't hear the person seated next to me.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2014service was abysmal among the worst I have ever had...not rude, non-existent. the only time anyone came to our table without our having to find someone and ask for service was when they descended en masse and several times to clear our plates before we were done. There seemed to be no one managing the staff and they didn't do there job on their own. And that service negatively affected what otherwise would have been well-prepared food: our fish sat under a heat lamp for so long before it was delivered that it was way over cooked.
- Good Service Bad FoodFishDined on 7/3/2014Went there for dinner on a Thursday night and had an 8:15 reservation. It was extremely busy and we weren't able to be seated until 8:45. Unfortunately since the bar was packed we couldn't go have a drink to kill time. I started with the crab spinach dip which tasted great but I didn't really notice any crab and I felt that there weren't enough pieces of bread to finish the dip. Had the fish and chips for my entree. You could tell that it was finished way before the other entrees of my group and put under a heat lamp, the fish was soggy and the fries were soft. The fish had a very "fishy" smell that isn't indicative of fresh fish and was extremely mushy. Our server was energetic and attentive. Overall I wouldn't go back or recommend.Special Features:
- Must have been an off nightmomajediDined on 7/2/2014I tried the restaurant based on so many great reviews. Went on a Weds night for dinner. Found waitress attentive and helpful. Kitchen staff could not keep up with orders though. Waited 20 minutes for appetizers/salads. Arugula and pear salad came with half arugula, half shredded pear. Seriously shredded pear? Probably because the pears were not ripe. Ordered halibut with tomato/olive sauce. Halibut was overcooked and sauce was more of a luke warm salsa. I expected better for $30 halibut. I will chalk this up to an off night and possibly give them another try in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best fish restaurant in StamfordlovepuppyVIPDined on 6/29/2014This new restaurant is the best restaurant in Stamford. Fresh fish, good service, convenient downtown location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good all aroundLovetoeatVIPDined on 6/28/2014this is the third time in two weeks we have been here. the food has been great the outdoor seating is nice on a warm night. the mushroom ravioli was a pleasant surprise. the scallops are wonderful good fish tacos and the shaver BRUSSEL SPOURTS WERE REALLY GOOD AND DIFFERENTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceTinaDined on 6/25/2014We had a wonderful time at Fish. The food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GLAD WE FOUND THIS ESTABLISHMENTLovetoeatVIPDined on 6/24/2014WONDERFUL RESTAURANT EXCELLENT FRESH FOOD WE MAY HAVE FOUND OUR NEW FAVORITE PLACE. THE FOOD WAS FRESH AND TASTY. NO OVERKILL OF GARLIC. THEY HAVE FRESH SPECIALS EVERY NIGHT. THEY HAD A MUSSEL SPECIAL WHICH OTHERS SAID WAS GREAT FISH AND RAVIOLI WERE GREATSpecial Features:
- tasty optionsCsquaredDined on 6/24/2014the octopus app and lobster gnocchi were delish! nice atmosphere and outdoor seating was a bonus! brunch looks good too.Special Features:
- The following 38 reviews are from the Fish Restaurant + Bar reviews archive.
- Excellent lunch!foodloverVIPDined on 6/21/2014Saturday in the summer. Quiet. French market outside. Amazing food. Great drinks. I have no idea how noisy it gets for dinner, but I'll be certain to find out! Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Fabulous new restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014We went for a work lunch on Friday. It was empty when we got there so we were a little apprehensive. But boy did they deliver. The menu was very unique and made it hard to choose just one option. I got the mahi mahi special and two of my friends got the lobster grilled cheese. We were all very impressed. Cool decor with a nice vibe. Server was very nice though he could have checked in a little more often, especially since it wasn't very busy. But maybe he didn't want to be overbearing. I'm already planning to come back for dinner with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.