601 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fioladc.com/
- Phone: 202-628-2888x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday:5:30-11:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabio Trabocchi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Special Events: For special events, please contact Siobhan at email@example.com
A word from Fiola
Fiola, Fabio Trabocchi's modern Italian Trattoria, features Italian cuisine with an emphasis on fresh local ingredients from our farms and markets. The menu will change constantly focusing on seasonal ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Fiola reviews from OpenTable diners
363 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (248)special occasion (245)notable wine list (146)romantic (143)great for outdoor dining (107)great for lunch (81)neighborhood gem (62)hot spot (40)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (27)great for brunch (10)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)Show More
- Blown AwayJimHVIPDined on 8/30/2014Fiola provided me with possibly the greatest all-around meal experience of my life. The staff was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. It was engaging on twitter (@fioladc) as well knowing this was a birthday weekend for me. They filed that away and made certain it was a special memory. The GM (Farhat) came by at least 3 times to check on me, the sommelier (Casper) was fantastic and Lauren took amazing care of me. As incredible as the service was, the food and drink were shining stars. Steak tartarre...WOW...Prosciutto Wrapped Veal Ribeye was everything it sounds like. Pastry chef is immensely talented as well. If you are in DC, a stop here is a no-brainer. So very thankful this was the start of a great 2-day foodie trip!Special Features:
- delicious foodblueflyiVIPDined on 8/30/2014had my birthday celebration there this year, the tasting menu was outstanding, very tasty food and good wine selection, will go back againSpecial Features:
- Excellent Dining Experience!emwave1Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I shipped the kids off to the grandparents for Labor Day weekend and spent the night at the St Regis. We took the opportunity to try Fiola since it's been tough getting a reservation there. We really enjoyed the chef's menu when he was at the Ritz and this newer spot did not disappoint. It was a beautiful evening, so we ate outside, which was a great experience. The food was delicious (tuna carpaccio appetizer, my wife had the branzino, and I had a tenderloin). Everything was delicious, the service was great...it was not cheap, but definitely worth it for special occasions or a just a really nice night out.Special Features:
- Faboo FiolaRobertVIPDined on 8/29/2014Fiola has the nicest outdoor space in the city and it is ideal for a celebratory lunch or dinner. At lunch we had Maria's Mediterranean 3-course lunch and it was wonderful. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014The service is the best in the restaurant business. The food is exotic, fine and every course was special. This restaurant is a keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A consistent gemEllyDined on 8/27/2014It has been awhile since we have dined here but chose it to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Since friends had called ahead to arrange a bottle of wine for us, the staff knew the purpose of our visit. From the moment we arrived each member of the staff congratulated us and celebrated us in an understated but warm matter, complete with complimentary champagne. The food was fabulous, even if crabmeat was missing from our lobster/crab salad (the chef indicated he had plated the dish and it was there but we didn't taste or see it). Fiola remains on our shot list if favorites. We're trying Fiola Mare in a couple of weeks..wonder if it will measure up?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- toutvabienDined on 8/26/2014A bit underwhelming, especially considering the price. High-quality ingredients, nice presentation, and large portions. Everything was good. But not great. The burrata salad was overdressed and the pesto eclipsed the delicate cheese. Cavatelli was well-prepared. Steak was also well-prepared but very sweet, especially with the roasted cippolinis. Service was obsequious to the point of being a bit odd.Special Features:
- Be prepared4DExpDined on 8/25/2014I had the lobster dish, (can't remember what it's called) but I do remember it cost $40. Why do I remember? because the serving was really small. It tasted really good and I really want to go back for more but for 40 bucks, I absolutely refuse.Special Features:
- Worthy of high praiseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014We were lucky enough to have an evening that was perfect for dining outdoors. We asked for recommendations for wine because the wine list seemed overwhelming; we chose the suggested wine, which, given some of the possibilities, was relatively reasonable. The steak tartare was good, though not exceptional; but the tuna carpaccio was "to die for." Our main course, at the waiter's suggestion, was Spanish Branzino, which was outstanding. Our waiter also suggested a light almond sponge cake accompanied by white peach sorbet, for dessert; it was the ideal way to end to the meal. The atmosphere was most pleasant and the service was impeccable. The meal was expensive, but worth every penny. We are looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFrenchieDCDined on 8/23/2014the foie gras was simply amazing, one of the best I ever had... I am French Lobster ravioli were great but not amazingSpecial Features:
- Perfect Birthday VenueWinepleaseDined on 8/23/2014We really liked the restaurant but recommend you ask to be seated in the back part of the restaurant. The front has a weird glow from the front door lighting installment and I felt like there was a spot light on my back the whole time. The waiter was very attentive and recommended a wonderful bottle of wine. I had the lobster ravioli which was perfect and my boyfriend had the veal and very much enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Outstanding experienceCpawDined on 8/23/2014Fiola does not disappoint. It is refined with great service and great food. The appetizers were delicate and delicious. The pasta and meat dishes were outstanding as well as the wine. The desserts were a bit of a disappointment. The pastry with the lemon custard was not notable and not refined. The 'birthday' cake was ok but also forgettable. The best dessert was the yogurt sorbet. Overall, it was a great experience! Next time we'll try different deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinermariaDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful diner at Fiola's. It was our first time and we loved it. The service was very good and the food as well. As Europeans the portions were perfect. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expected morewdp275VIPDined on 8/22/2014the starter of tuna tartare was very good but the dover sole was grilled (from frozen and freezer burn) and was fishy and not edible. the icelandic cod was well prepared but ordinary.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The waiter was amazing! He let us take our time. Food was good. We ordered from the Restaurant Week menu and the salads didn't get goat cheese even though goat cheese does come with the regular salad. There were 7 of us and we all had a great time.Special Features:
- I can eat here every dayGPVDinnerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Love Fiola. What a gem and it keeps getting better.Special Features:
- Loved ItOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014I went for for the extended restaurant week. It was a very nice experience. I could not afford a glass of wine though. Maybe they should have a reasonably priced wine list. Other than that. Fabulous!Special Features:
- Disappointed dinersdinneroutDined on 8/20/2014Our group of 5 were very excited to try this top rated restaurant. Our servers manner was very overpowering and overly familiar. He inappropriately referred to our single companion as a " fifth wheel". It made for a very uncomfortable moment. Although the food was tasty and cooked properly it wasn't really anything special. The atmosphere is not conducive to conversation and our table near the stairway was a chaotic high traffic area. For these prices I would expect a more positively memorable evening.
- 4RibeyesDined on 8/20/2014The food and service were great. However, the décor needs refurbishing because the wall covering was delaminating.
- PeterDined on 8/20/2014Fiola, like its newly opened sister, Fiola Mare in Georgetown, is grounded in strong fundamentals: excellent service, fine food products, attention to detail and a welcoming feeling. The food is similar in its excellent preparation, including 100% duplication of the craved lobster ravioli. There are more pastas at Fiola and the veal ragu paparadelle was savory. The mixed seafood in a light sauce was delicately cooked causing the different offerings to be be all cooked the right amount and the 4 course chef's tasting Meunier was a fine choice. Finally, the wine list, including many good wines by the glass was thorough and supportive of a restaurant of this quality, with many choices in the reasonable price point range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandyDined on 8/20/2014Food was excellent, but dinner was ruined by about a dozen people at the next table, very drunk and all shouting. The restaurant gave us a dessert wine to compensate, but in my opinion they should have either moved us or made some effort to quiet down the offensive people. I had a headache when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIne Dining at it's BestDinersFromDCVIPDined on 8/19/2014The excellent wait staff and delicious food make Fiola one of DC's top three restaurants. I never miss an opportunity to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, a great experiencecapitolhilldcVIPDined on 8/18/2014Overall, a great experience. Good and wine were excellent. Service was friendly and couteous but we were left too long after finishing the main course. We intended to order dessert but decided we should take the bill when we finally got the chance. If not for this relatively minor issue, I would have rated 5 across the board.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceMLJSDined on 8/16/2014Great food. Wonderful service. Quiet outside dining. When they found out it was our anniversary, they sent us home with an order of ricotta donuts as a gift. We were treated exceptionally even though it was restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodhappy101Dined on 8/15/2014Went for restaurant week. Menu was amazing. Had a nice mozzarella starter then beef tenderloin for mains and shared a fruits cake and chocolate sorbet with my bf. It was refreshing to see nice size portions. I'm not used to the large sized portions here in america, they really put me off my food. So this was a nice size well prepared and very tasty. Waiter was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as alwaysedieVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our second time to the restaurant and again we had a wonderful meal, this time using the restaurant week menu but there was no sense that we were "second class" for doing that. Our watier was attentive and helpful, impeccable service and the food, char for my husband, risotto for me, was out of this world (we really love the lobster ravioli) A terrific evening all the way around.Special Features:
- Fantastic MealJackDDined on 8/15/2014Friday night 7 PM, it was noisy. Excellent service, great food, extensive wine list. Our server made great recommendations, we enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, so so serviceHippoDined on 8/15/2014Dined during a restaurant week Friday evening, so some of my comments could be biased. The food was outstanding and the portions were not very small. The burrata was great and the beef tenderloin was tender and juicy (I ordered it medium and it was perfect). I wasn't really impressed by my friend's Arctic char, but she ordered it well done (that is not really the best). We took also a nice Sauvignon Blanc from the special list. However, the service was not on par. It seemed a bit rushed and they brought the bill even before we asked for it. I have also to agree with katers722 (we are also in our late 20s and we were too dressed more professionally than the average), since our server seemed to speak condescendingly to us sometimes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food, good serviceGroverDined on 8/15/2014Lunch at Fiola was great! The food was excellent, and the staff was very accommodating towards my special dietary needs. The outdoor dining patio is a beautiful spot in the heart of the city.Special Features:
- Fantastic RW lunch experiencenomnom33VIPDined on 8/15/2014Ate lunch here for restaurant week. A+ experience, and I don't say that much in the DC area at all. Hostess was super friendly. I asked for an outdoor table and we got it. The one we sat at seats 6, but they happily let us have it. Our service was great too. Seems like a place where you'll know you'll be taken care of. Like they forgot to bring out a drink and comped it. Food was excellent, especially for restaurant week. It was my first time there for a meal, had been for happy hour, but I'll probably go back at least once for the extended RW. We tried all the dishes on the RW menu and loved everything. Everything was cooked right, flavors were right, and just such a good deal for RW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding all around!ChloeDined on 8/15/2014After hearing so much about the merits of this restaurant, we decided to visit Fiola on Restaurant Week and were not disappointed at all! The food was delicious, the ambiance was elegant but understated and the service was the best I can recall in years! A real pleasure to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fiola still one of the best in DCDLR1VIPDined on 8/15/2014Everything at Fiola is outstanding. We had the RW lunch menu. Although there were only two choices for each course, it was creative and delicious. There is attention to every detail.Special Features:
- Absolutelty superb!BrianDined on 8/15/2014It was a wonderful experience and I had the best pasta I have ever had. I highly recommend the FiolaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodfoodie007VIPDined on 8/15/2014One of Fabio T.'s restaurants. Expect the best experience. Our waiter was excellent. The Restaurant week lunch menu was very limited but everything we had was done very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim65VIPDined on 8/15/2014Outstanding RW lunch. Best gaspacho I ever had. Fish and sorbet were both outstanding.
- Fabulous FiolaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014It was my first of hopefully many experiences at Fiola. The waitstaff was attentive and the delicious food was perfectly paced to get me back to work within the hour. I don't recommend the rosemary lemonade, however.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantbubuDined on 8/14/2014We had a very nice experience during the restaurant week there. The three course menu was quite nice, except of the dessert (that's why 4 stars). Also, the service was excellent. We enjoyed it!Special Features:
- We'll be backJudyDined on 8/14/2014Having been unable to get a regular reservation during the high season, we were happy to get one at the last minute during Restaurant Week. Their RW menu was fine ... a good introduction to the kitchen. But now I want to go back and try everything else on the menu. RW is often hectic and staff get burned out but we had great service. Only problem was the noise ... just a bit too loud for my taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre restaurant week experiencedcfoodie97Dined on 8/14/2014I booked a reservation for fiola during restaurant week and overall felt a little disappointed in both the menu and definitely in service. Everything felt a little half assed. The food was delicious, don't get me wrong. My date and I really enjoyed it. It just wasn't exciting and didn't seem to come from their main menu at all, which I look forward to at restaurant week. Most unfortunately though, our service wasn't great, and I suspect bc we were restaurant week diners. Our waiter didn't check in with us for about 10-15 minutes after we sat. He was quick, flustered, and rushed in every interaction. Overall, fiola prepares delicious, detailed, awesome food. But my restaurant week experience was disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around PerfectSha44Dined on 8/14/2014Every item I ordered was absolutely delicious and the waiter was attentive and knowledgeable about the entire menu. WIll Definitely recommend and go back soon!Special Features: