2417 Professor Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://fahrenheittremont.com/
- Phone: 2167818858
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rocco Whalen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fahrenheit offers full service catering for up to 200 guests. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Fahrenheit offers a private dining room accommodating up to 50 guests & is available for both lunch & dinner events/ Also available is a semi-private area for dinner accommodating up to 25 guests. Audio visual equipment services & valet services are available for your event upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Sonia Walters 2167818858x
A word from Fahrenheit
Located in Cleveland's funkiest neighborhood – Tremont, Fahrenheit's comfortably sexy environment has become the hangout for the dressed-in-black crowd, downtown suits & ties & anyone with a sense of adventure. But Gourmet didn't name Fahrenheit to its list of Great American neighborhood restaurants because it makes you feel so damn good being there. No, Rising Star Chef, Rocco Whalen, Wolfgang Puck protégé, will blow you away with his approachable, affordable & cutting edge Cooking style. Taste Rocco's contemporary cuisine with its Mediterranean & Asian accents & you'll know why Esquire declared him a "chef to keep your eye on". If you're alone, sit at the bar & order from Fahrenheit's martini & food menus. You're with pals? The dining room, with an elbows-on-the-table attitude, is perfect. If you're with a group, an open or closed private dining room space (your call) adjoining the dining room will fit the bill. Fahrenheit can match any mood you’re in.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Fahrenheit - Best Restaurants in Tremont ›
Fahrenheit reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (105)special occasion (101)neighborhood gem (91)hot spot (63)romantic (62)notable wine list (41)good for groups (40)great for outdoor dining (38)vibrant bar scene (24)late-night find (12)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best food in ClevelandlagriesDined on 10/21/2014Everytime I come to Fahrenheit I am wowed by the flavorful food and excellent service. In Cleveland we are fortunate enough to have a lot of wonderful chefs with a variety of tasty dining venues...and I've had the luxury of trying most, if not all, of these places...in the end, though, I always come back to Chef Rocco and Fahrenheit as my absolute, hands-down favorite.Special Features:
- Fantastic!WillDined on 10/20/2014From appetizer through dessert, the food was delicious. Service was excellent as well! Unique menu!Special Features:
- Great restaurant!ScottDined on 10/18/2014Once again the Rocco and his entire team simply amaze me! The food and the service are top notch. great wine list and if you're looking for a lighter meal, there's that too. Highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingeatmeDined on 10/18/2014my meal was missed matched. tuna ice cold. rice overly spiced, salad dry. the chef could not have sampled these items together. guest steak was also dry. the only food item that was better than ok was the stuffed dates. will not recommend.
- Great night outNanaDined on 10/15/2014We started with a happy hour drink in the bar. We moved to our table and each of us ordered something different. Each entree was beautifully presented and delectable. I would highly recommend Fahenheit as a 5 star dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightHersheyDined on 10/14/2014My husband and I decided to dine at Fahrenheit prior to attending a play. For a Tuesday night it was quite busy. Since we had show tickets I was concerned the service may be slow but that was not the case. Our server promptly took our drink order and returned to tell us about the specials. My husband had the pork tenderloin. It was served with apple wood bacon, caramelized brussel sprouts and creamed sweet corn. It's one of his favorite meals and he was not disappointed. I chose one of the specials which was pan seared scallops served over gnocchi with mushrooms in a lemon beurre blanc sauce. It was delicious. We had the house salad which consists of fresh greens and candied cashews with a miso dressing. We enjoyed our dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT service, great foodctownfoodieDined on 10/10/2014Not my first visit to Fahrenheit, however, my best! The service was FABULOUS!!! Our table got WONDERFUL appetizers complements of Rocco! The apps were spring rolls, which were delicious and his grandmother's meatballs (veal, beef and pork), which speak for themselves as DELISH! Drinks were great! I got the Pear Mule which was fabulous! I heard no complaints at dinner, either. Our group got the pork shank, margherita pizza, and lobster ramen and I got the Sausage and Pepperoni pizza with ricotta salata! I LOVED that pizza! Definitely the best meal I've had at Fahrenheit on top of exemplary service! I was thrilled that our friends who just moved from the west coast got a real taste of fabulous foodie Cleveland!Special Features:
- I have never been disappointed!lovesgoodfoodDined on 10/4/2014Always great food, nice wine options and fantastic bread!Special Features:
- 1st time at Fahrenheitnewfoods44Dined on 10/3/2014Was my first time going to Fahrenheit, the setting was nice, the waitress was attentive and knowlegable, and the food was good. Would come back again.Special Features:
- Great nightKEileenDined on 9/30/2014My friend and I visited Fahrenheit last week when I was in Cleveland for business. We had a great experience! I had the lobster mac & cheese for dinner, which was absolutely delicious. We also split the chocolate lava cake for dinner, which was also yummy! Our server was very attentive and did a great job making sure we had everything we needed. I would definitely go back if I lived in the area!Special Features:
- Waiter only worried about his tipvalaxoDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I came here for our anniversary. The waiter recommended the Short Ribs and we took his suggestion. The dish came out and had WAY too much teriyaki sauce, making the dish almost unbearably salty. After wondering why the waiter would have recommended this dish, we realized that this was the most expensive entree on the menu. The waiter had also been visibly annoyed that we did not order alcoholic beverages. Although the appetizers we had were tasty (the Cleveland nachos are made with homemade potato chips, and the Fried Chicken have an Indian take on them), due to the disappointing experience with our waiter being more interested in the size of his tip than in the experience of his customers, I would not dine here again.Special Features:
- Over book tablesHappyDined on 9/20/2014We went for our 25th Anniversary, and had to wait over 35 minutes for our reserved table. The server was very good. The food was okay, but nothing special. I had their famous short ribs. Portions small. My husband left hungry and he is not a big man. I gave him half of my meal. I would not go back. $33.00 for a plate with a small portion was too much.Special Features:
- Great MealCscbDined on 9/20/2014It was a great meal and we had a great server but we were seated in the same area as 2 large parties that were loud.Special Features:
- FancyPiqua41VIPDined on 9/19/2014Though the sound bouncing off the very retro walls made it impossible to hear your tablemate, Fahrenheit is a destination restaurant where diners want to see and be seen. The food is superb; the service, perfectly professional.Special Features:
- WonderfulcaptainEZDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I took an out of town couple here for dinner. Each of us was very impressed with the food and service. Two of us tried the short ribs with lo mein which was recommended and we were not disappointed. It was one of the best beef entrees I've ever tried. My wife raved about the salmon with wasabi potatoes as did our friend about the pork tenderloin with corn and Brussels sprouts. We can't wait to visit again. Our friends live in NC and plan to visit the Fahrenheit in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodretiredVIPDined on 9/19/2014good but not great especially for the prices. There specialty of the house braised rib dish had an over powering taste of a spice I could not identify, but didn't like. Service outside on the patio was terrible.Special Features:
- Celebrate!RamgesarahDined on 9/13/2014A great night out to celebrate with friends! Great service and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kimieDined on 9/13/2014We waited 30" for our reservation. There were open tables. Our food was cold. The filet was ordered medium, but came out well done and cold.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014My husband did not like his ravioli meal and I couldn't even eat my "snapper", however they noticed and took it off my bill without me having to ask. All 4 of us felt we were mocked almost by the waiter for our food choices. Had we stuck with our instincts, we would have left happier. My last dining experience was superb, however my husband said he will not go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The restaurant is beautiful; the service was okay. I thought it was a little pricey. The food presentation was beautiful but some of our dinners were too spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableTimandCheleDined on 9/9/2014My wife and I checked out Fahrenheit at my brother's recommendation and we were pleased. Great atmosphere, great service. We both stepped out of our comfort zone on the food. It was very well prepared. I got the macaroni and lobster. I'm not a seafood person, but I thought I would try it; it would have been perfect without the lobster :-). She was pleased with her chicken entree (not for sure of the exact name). She said it was good - not WOW - but good, is good. We always try local restaurants when traveling and we weren't disappointed. Our waitress was exceptional! We drove around the neighborhood afterward to check out the unique housing - it was really cool. We enjoyed our Fahrenheit visit, the environment, service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night outkwssr14Dined on 9/6/2014Drink prices too expensive. Food prices reasonable for the quality. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food... Very CrowdedCLEChickVIPDined on 9/6/2014Loved the food! I ordered the halibut and it was so fabulous - very good stuff. Its crowded - lots of tables, lots of people. You definitely need to make a reservation. Its got valet and in a good location so you can visit other places after your meal for a drink. We made a point of telling the restaurant this was for a birthday...and they confirmed the "birthday celebration" when they called to confirm the reservation. However, when we were there no one mentioned the birthday or offered anything special to honor it. Although I really enjoyed this restaurant, I probably would pick another place for a special occasion (versus just a nice night out) to really make sure that the occasion is honored and celebrated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014We had a 5:00 reservation and didn't get a server til 520 because she was finishing her taste test of the evening food. If you open at 5, your servers should not be able to put themselves over their customers. Disappointing service.Special Features:
- Fahrenheit = Excellent!!!KB2014Dined on 9/5/2014Went to Fahrenheit to celebrate our 26th anniversary. Excellent service!!! Excellent food!! Not too pricey. Good choices. You won't be sorry for this choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I have always had excellent service and food at Farenheit. It is my favorite restaurant in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food. Loud, Dark RoomJojoVIPDined on 8/30/2014The dates that everyone raves about are good, but not in a complex way. They're sweet, salty, smoky, and fatty; that's all. The lobster ramen was really good, although the lobster was a bit overcooked. The broth was great, although more meaty than seafood-y. The crispy walleye was a nice presentation of this underrated fish. The banana cheesecake (recommended by our server) was well done, but not earth-shattering. The room is stunningly loud and incredibly dark, like a nightclub. I shouldn't need a candle to read the menu or really see the food. I also shouldn't have to raise my voice to be heard by the person sitting next to me. I'm not old, blind, or deaf. I eat out a lot and few places I've been have been this loud and dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!JoanofStCDined on 8/30/2014We so enjoyed our experience. The food was excellent. My hubby even said, "The best I've ever had." The only negative is how loud it was. People must have no clue how loud they are, but they are. Even with that, I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Drinks SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014This was our first time and we will be coming back time after time. The drinks were spectacular, You must get the Cleveland Nachos and Rocco's Meatballs for an Appetizer. We ordered Steaks, Tuna (was out of this world and 48 hours from being caught) and the short ribs! All of our orders were to perfection. The service was spectacular. Our server (forgot his name due to the fantastic drinks) was so nice and seriously smiled all night as he truly loves his job. He was awesome! Made us feel so welcome and enjoyed having him as our server.Special Features:
- Good but not great!GottagetgreatfoodDined on 8/23/2014We arrived around 8:30 and they seated us right away. That was great, however the noise level was very high and not so great for a relaxing meal. The restuarant was sooooo chilly we finally went to sit outside! The ambiance outside was a little lacking. The food was delicious and our server was more than pleasant. I would try your restuarant one more time and hope a lot of the negative things didn't come up again.Special Features:
- Great food!JustmeDined on 8/23/2014We had a great dinner with great service. Our table was ready at exactly the time of our reservation, too.Special Features:
- Service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Poor service: It took 15 minutes to be seated after we already had a reservation and another 15 minutes for our waitress to first visit our table. Food: Steak was not cooked as requested. My wife and I both asked for medium and we got a medium well steak that was also charred on the outside. Other food was great though as was the wine. For the price, we were not impressed.Special Features:
- Great service, good food.NMR7Dined on 8/20/2014Our server, Kelly, was excellent. He was very knowledgeable and easy going. The food was very good, just large portions. We enjoyed our time here!Special Features:
- Good Experiencenick33adamsDined on 8/19/2014Good food. Good service. A safe place to choose. Didn't wow me but was overall had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreamin' of the DatesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/16/2014Fahrenheit is one of my favorite restaurants!! The service is always exceptional, the food is just BEYOND YUM,....Rock Star Chef Rocco and his staff always knock it out of the park!! And I dream about the chorizo stuffed dates...crazy delish!!Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!SMC1Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant was exceptional. We had drinks, salad/soup, main dishes, and dessert. All of it was delicious! The service was also outstanding. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a yummy night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelSoundLevelMeterDined on 8/16/2014As the evening progressed, it was more difficult to hear each other at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedkimberlylgDined on 8/15/2014Our waitress was great - very knowledgeable and kind. The soup and appetizer were great, no complaints at all there. I ordered the filet. The cook was great and it was a good cut of meat, but there was nothing special about it at all. There was virtually no seasoning - not even salt/pepper. The garlic mashed potatoes and broccolini were again, nothing special. I can't say that it was bad but it was NOT at all worth the money we paid. My husband felt the same about his 'special'. It was advertised as jumbo shrimp and scallops, and both were small. The icing on the cake - they gave us a comment card with the bill. A comment card - at a nice restaurant. Really, you need to ASK how you're doing when our bill came to $125? So tacky.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinner!ZelecharDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated 6 years of marriage with an amazing dinner at Fahrenheit. Food was mouth watering and service was the best we have ever had! We are from Richmond Virginia and this restaurant came highly recommended by family. We were not disappointed!Special Features:
- PerfectMikeDined on 8/12/2014As always, Fahrenheit never ceases to impress us. The food is beyond amazing, the way the flavors come together. Everyone must try the Chorizo Stuffed Sweet Dates appetizer. My wife and I try to eat there at least once a month (though sometimes it becomes four times, even though we live 30 minutes away).Special Features: