Espana Tapas Restaurant
6064 Maple St
Omaha, NE 68104Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Espana Tapas Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.espanaomaha.com/
- Phone: (402) 505-9917
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Espana Tapas Restaurant
Welcome to Espana! Our Goal is to take you to Spain for an Evening. To make your taste buds dance, to stimulate all senses, feel lost in Spain!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Espana Tapas Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Espana Tapas Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (14)special occasion (11)romantic (10)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- good foodfallinDined on 11/22/2014Could be a nice romantic dinner spot if wasnt so loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentCJOmahaDined on 11/18/2014We love the options and most of all they have been good each time. The food is consistently prepared and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KAG63Dined on 11/15/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Saturday night music was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sizzling shrimp no longer sizzles!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/12/2014We have been going to Espana since it opened and stayed through ownership changes. Our favorite dish has always been the sizzling shrimp - good shrimp, garlic, great olive oil, served in a cast iron "skillet". Yes, it really sizzles, and tastes fabulous. Now, it is served in a ramekin, barely warm, a pale imitation of its previous form. We asked why. Because a customer had touched the cast iron skillet and been burned, we were told. We have NEVER been served this dish without a clear and friendly warning from wait-staff about the very hot dish. In my opinion, this change is an example of going too far. The woman who sued McDonald's over too-hot coffee lost that case. We urge Espana to go back to the cast iron skillets and GOOD olive oil, please. Use a "hot pad" to cover the handle and continue to have your wait staff provide warnings. Please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish TapasfargofoodieDined on 10/25/2014I stumbled across this restaurant mentioned in an article about different dining options in Omaha. I love tapas restaurants and this one being more Spanish oriented and the good reviews online definitely made me want to make a reservation. Located on a street amongst local college student hangouts, this restaurant was quaint and a nice ambience in a restored older building. The service was fantastic and our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and able to point out favorite selections. I really wanted to try the paella but the rest of my group wasn't that hungry so we ordered about 8 different tapas to try and they were all delicious, including the chocolate cake! I would definitely eat here again the next time I'm in Omaha.Special Features:
- Great Food.TonyDined on 9/6/2014Unique food offerings. Everything was great and flavorfull!!Special Features:
- Great Place!TineDined on 9/5/2014I've been to Espana several times and have nothing but great things to say about this place. Always delicious food, fantastic sangria, and awesome service! The atmosphere is quaint and romantic. I would most definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014went on a first date here and we had a great time! Good food, great atmosphere, and great service.Special Features:
- Too many ChoiceTrishR402Dined on 8/23/2014The only problem with Espana is that there are too many great choices. Love the tapas and sangia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014The lighting was very poor but the food and service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 71 reviews are from the Espana Tapas Restaurant reviews archive.
- Highly recommendLeftyDined on 7/18/2014Couldn't be happier with this recommendation from my Omaha co-worker who rants & raves about the place & says its one of his & his spouses faves. Tables are very small & also quite close together are only negatives besides difficult parking situation. Our waitress was extremely knowledgeable & prompt. The food was great. Loved the various dishes we ordered with the assistance. The Paella was wonderful. We'll be back for sure. Our friends were quite happy as well & we all plan on returning. Prices were not an issues based on the amount of food & the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!elderdieselDined on 7/15/2014We love España. Great tasty tapa selection, fun atmosphere, and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapasPinkshopper2Dined on 7/12/2014Great place, food is always wonderful. A little expensive. Very small. The only thing I don't care for is all the tapas came out at same time. Would prefer to have a free at a time , bit I did not ask since they were already done when I realized it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014Noisy, with bad ambiance, low quality and expensive food. I don't recomment at all
- Can't go wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014Great dining, can never go wrong with Espana! The food is delicious we always eat the tapas and they have a wide variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A forgotten favoritechopsDined on 5/30/2014In the boom of Benson, don't let Espana be forgotten...it's a fabulous gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatKurtDined on 5/23/2014the food was just okay to me, but the service was awesome. Drew is great!Special Features:
- consistently terrificdiner112213Dined on 5/17/2014While most restaurants in Omaha struggle to deliver reliable dining experiences, you can count on España Tapas never to disappoint. Highlights of this occasion included superb Gambas al Ajillo accompanied by a rich and full-bodied Catalán red wine, Torres' Sangre de Toro. Highly attentive and friendly service from Drew51 ensured the evening was successful and pleasant in every respect.Special Features:
- Great food and special food.DejoDined on 5/17/2014Great restaurant. Can be a little noisy. But very fun.Special Features:
- Always Great TapasbuznDined on 5/16/2014We tried the new chicken tapa with the orange salad among others, but those were the favorites. As always the red sangria is the best.Special Features:
- Great food and service.ZimmDined on 5/2/2014Highly, recommend getting the paella. It takes 40 minutes to make so order some tapas in the meantime. Enjoy!!Special Features:
- Quiet Sunday EveningCates1stchoicesDined on 4/27/2014Paella was excellent, the pork stuffed with serrano ham not fabulous, the chicken and tomato aioli delicious. Guitar music lovely.Special Features:
- Good food / fun timeAdventurousDined on 4/25/2014Loved the melted manchego cheese appetizer.. Got to go back for it !! The rest of the tapas were also good, and the sangria is the best !!Special Features:
- Very enjoyableCJOmahaDined on 4/16/2014They have added new menu items in the last month. Would love to see them continue to add items, even if seasonably.Special Features:
- Fantastic overall, I willfatgirlDined on 4/12/2014Fantastic overall, I will return often if I can find a place.to park :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff was very helpfulbdaygirlDined on 4/12/2014Wait staff was very helpful and attentive, sangria was the best in Omaha. Food was good lots to choose from, can be a little pricy but a fun chance from the regular places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nebraska gemRobbDined on 4/5/2014I have been dining at Espana for several years and always enjoy the experience. There is no place in Nebraska like this restaurant. It's a wonderful place to have the opportunity to try different dishes, thanks to its very well planned tapas (small plates) menu. I have never had one I didn't like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysLuvgr8tfoodDined on 4/4/2014We have dined at Espana several times and once again it was was wonderful. Each time we come we choose a new dish this time could not pick a favorite! The Sangria was amazing as always! Very short wait time for our meal and drinks! This is one of our favorite restaurants in Omaha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentINeverLeaveReviewsDined on 3/15/2014Food is amazing, sangria is awesome, atmosphere is great. Only two complaints were: even with a reservation we had to sit very squished, basically in the middle of the isle...and the bill was outrageous for just two people. Would definitely come back, but we will have to wait for a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitjakemDined on 2/22/2014Unbeknownst to me, this is one of my date's favorite restaurants. Needless to say, our first date was a success. Very friendly knowledgeable staff. Background music perfect for the setting, although the 5 minute flamenco dance performance twice during the evening seemed a little odd. All of the tapas we tried were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TapasbuznDined on 2/15/2014Espana is a favorite place. I love the atmosphere and live music. It is fun to try new tapas and the sangria is awesome.Special Features:
- great foodkenright21Dined on 2/14/2014Food was great, service was outstanding. A little loud by the bar but hardly a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencechardarDined on 1/31/2014Neighborhood gem in Benson great food knowledgeable servers great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So many options so little room...CJOmahaDined on 1/29/2014We enjoyed 5 tapas between the 2 of us, they were all great! Sadly, there were several other options we wanted to try but were too full. So "so many options, so little room in the tummy". We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this placehensterVIPDined on 1/28/2014We went because we had a Living Social voucher but will definitely be back. Food was excellent and the service (Anna) was as well. So nice to see this in this part of Omaha.Special Features:
- Perfect Small Plates-Fabulous wine!BeckyJVIPDined on 1/25/2014We always love going to Espana! Every dish, from cheeses to meatballs to sizzling shrimp to desserts, is perfectly prepared. It is truly a wonderful tapas restaurant. Portions, as such, are small, so you can sample a variety of unique and delicious dishes. Espana is always crowded and lively. There are groups of 10-12 and parties of 2, and everyone has a wonderful time. It does not disappoint - ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas in OmahaE1GuruDined on 1/25/2014I have had tapas from all over and these are some of the best I ever had. The restaurant was busy on a Friday night but they took care of us even though we were just a small table of two. The food comes out in holders that allow them to stack several plates so you can have quite a bit on one table. They also staggered our order a bit so we could get started eating pretty quick. We had several dishes with allioli which was just the right amount of spicy. The chicken filled empanadas were my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Experience!ToddyDined on 1/24/2014Espana allows you to have a dining experience. Our tapas lasted almost 2 hours. No rush here! Wait staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. The tapas and homemade sangria are delicious!!! I thought I was in Spain. Enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- great neighborhood findluveatingoutDined on 1/17/2014Great food, Tapas style allows you to sample many different menu items even within a small group. The food was refreshingly unique, yet simple and prepared well with great flavors. The service was outstanding. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but why the rush?NannarpiteVIPDined on 1/10/2014Had a table booked for 6:30pm on a Friday. It wasn't until I called to let them know we'd be about 5 minutes late that they told me we only had the table till 8pm. The reservation had been made 2 weeks in advance, so why was this the first time I was hearing about this? By then it was too late to make reservations anywhere else, so we were a little annoyed to say the least. When we did arrive, we were offered a table by the door, which we reluctantly accepted since we could stay there past 8pm. However, shortly after that, we were moved to a table in the back. After that, everything was great, but why the rush? Especially when a table for 6 sat empty the whole time we were there, even though people were turned away at the door.Special Features: