Eno Vino Wine Bar and Bistro
601 Junction Road
Madison, WI 53717Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Eno Vino Wine Bar and Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eno-vino.com/
- Phone: 6086649565x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday & Sunday: 4:00PM - 12:00AM, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine, Nick Ellis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Eno Vino Bar & Bistro is available for any & all catering needs. Please call the restaurant for more information or email our Event Coordinator Sara at email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: For further information and date availability, please contact our Event Coordinator, Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Sara Granados at email@example.com x
- Entertainment: HAPPY HOUR IS JUST HAPPY - Monday through Friday from 4-7pm and ALL DAY SUNDAY!
Join us for happy hour in the bar and lounge area for $8 bar plates, $10 pizzas, $2 off wines by the glass and $2 off modest sippers
EVERY WEDNESDAY IS LADIES NIGHT - Specialty drinks in the bar & lounge area available for a special price ALL EVENING LONG!
SUNDAY is FUN-DAY! Happy Hour specials available all day (in the bar & lounge area only) and we are offering 1/2 Price select bottles of wine in the dining room only.
A word from Eno Vino Wine Bar and Bistro
Eno Vino Wine Bar & Bistro Voted "Madison's Best Wine Bar" By Madison Magazine Readers, 2014.. Eno Vino offers 250+ wines by the bottle & another 45 by the glass. From the beginning, Eno Vino was established as a place to share great wine, sensational, hand-crafted cocktails and fresh, inviting food. Whether you would like to entertain friends, enjoy an evening out with a loved one or unwind during happy hour ~ we invite you to enjoy an evening at Eno Vino!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Eno Vino Wine Bar and Bistro - Best Restaurants in Madison ›
Eno Vino Wine Bar and Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)special occasion (59)notable wine list (58)romantic (52)neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (22)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- foodDocRobDined on 8/31/2014A little too much potato in my wife's seafood dish.Special Features:
- Disappointingnd89sc88Dined on 8/27/2014This was our first visit, and we had high expectations, but came away disappointed. The menu is very interesting, however, the execution was not up to snuff, especially given the price-portion ratio. I'm not against paying for great food, and also not someone who needs huge portions, but when prices are this high and portions this small, I expect to be wowed. Case in point: we ordered the risotto of the day (duck confit and Parmesan); we got a small bowl that was so thick, it could pass the DQ blizzard test. Major sin. On the other hand, the fillet with rouge buerre was terrific, but very small. Even the creme brûlée was a bummer. The brownie and raspberry base was almost unedible. Bright spot: cheese plate. Also, it was very loud.
- MUST HAVEfoodyDined on 8/18/2014My Wife and I went for our anniversary and were very happy with our choice. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Our food parings were spot on. The seared sesame tuna was to die for and the prince Edward mussels were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the service and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We went out with a group of 4 for a birthday dinner. The food was delicious, a little pricey but high quality. Tapas style with good amounts on each plate. The staff was so helpful and patient! First, we had some trouble with directions and we were late, but they were still accommodating. We then had people join dinner halfway through so we needed to move tables, and at the end we also had some trouble trying to split the bill - both the servers and what appeared to be maybe the manager jumped to help us and didn't act the least bit annoyed. It was a great experience overall, I will definitely consider it for special occasions in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingloveeatinganddrinkingwineDined on 8/14/2014We have eaten here many times...............this occasion we took our friends from out of state. All four of us agreed the food was outstanding. I wish I could remember our servers name. She was fantastic! I think this is our new go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findmadqdogVIPDined on 8/12/2014Travelling xcountry, we found Eno Vino and what a find! Super service and terrific food.Special Features:
- Comfortable and PleasantTruthbetoldDined on 8/9/2014A very pleasant experience! The wait staff was very accommodating and sincere. They went above and beyond to get us exactly what we wanted. The ambience is relaxing. Very low lighting in there. If you like a place that has a lot of lighting this is not the place for you. I really enjoy a relaxing environment so it worked well! I enjoyed every dish that we ordered and the drinks were perfect! I will definitely go back the next time I visit Madison.Special Features:
- Music is Too LoudKonovanVIPDined on 8/8/2014We had another good experience at Eno Vino. However, it appears they are trying to create an energetic atmosphere by playing the music so loud you have to yell to be heard. Wish they would lower the volume just a little
- Great Wine and Tapas!Searching4thebestVIPDined on 8/6/2014We love the special treats the chef creates for the wine and food pairings on Wednesdays. We had a truly delicious 3 course meal with interesting wines enhanced by the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GallelamaDined on 8/6/2014Wife's Birthday so special flowers at table plus $22 off bill including desert. Friendly greeting and immediate seating. Food was outstanding as usual. A little pricey but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite with a few friendsNJoyFineCasualDined on 8/1/2014Excellently prepared food is consistent, service was timely and not intrusive. Three of us shared 4-5 tapas dishes and were satisfied, bill was over $100 FYI w/wine but not dessert, glad we had a gift card. Allergic to soy and eggs (not gluten or dairy), limited substitutes, soy seems to be part of lots of their dishes; did a great job of checking ingredients and manager came by to ensure we were having a good time. We like deep bodied red wines by the glass, limited but very good/acceptable couple of choices (no bottle wanted since it was during the week and take home not allowed). Open table reservation was easy and awesome for same day reserve. Too bad the patio got rained out, we usually like it and they have happy hr. prices there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JML1932Dined on 7/31/2014Excellent and creative food preparation, and splendid presentationSpecial Features:
- FavoriteSusanDined on 7/30/2014This is our favorite restaurant! They have such a unique menu and everything is so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ako57Dined on 7/18/2014Tasty tapas style food. Short rib potstickers were excellent.Special Features:
- Great food, drink, and fun!NYStripperDined on 7/15/2014Excellent staff service is only outdone by the outstanding quality of the food at Eno Vino. An excellent place for food and drink regardless of the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and great servicePeterDined on 7/12/2014Some of the best dishes in Madison can be found here. The service and wine selection were just icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special about the foodMadtownDined on 7/3/2014Read the reviews and looked good but really didn't like it. Drinks not as good as before and food was fair at bestSpecial Features:
- Wednesday Wine and TapasSearching4thebestVIPDined on 6/25/2014Wonderful creativity from the chef with 3 delicious courses paired with excellent wines -- always a great flavorful adventure. We keep coming back for this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sleeper in MiddletinNYMikeDined on 6/23/2014Tapas, vibrant restaurant, nice bar, food is VERY good, interesting, ecclectic, upscale yet casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014As only one of our group of four had been there before, the wait staff explained the tapa concept of sharing all of the intricately prepared dishes each of us ordered, and everything was fresh and beautifully presented. It's an opportunity to try several gourmet items. My adult son had a complimentary dessert, as it was his birthday. It was an overall memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine list & gluten-freeNleatgoodDined on 6/19/2014Excellent food - good wine list on a tablet. Our waiter was excellent and we were easily accommodated with our dietary restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room for a ViewBonnie315Dined on 6/13/2014We enjoyed our evening dining outside, but the view could use some work. We looked straight at a black SUV. I don't know how you could improve it, given the parking situation, but it detracts from the overall ambience. The food, on the other hand, was a very pleasant surprise. I can put up with the view if it means another encounter with the crab cakes and that asian platter with the chicken satay and the wontons. The blueberry arugula manchego salad was also outstanding.Special Features:
- Plesently SurprisedeastsidergoingwestDined on 6/13/2014I arrived at Eno Vino a bit apprehensive because I had a preconceived notion that it would be snobby. I couldn't have been more wrong! We were greeted with smiles and a friendly hello and the hospitality never stopped from the hostess, bartenders, to our very friendly waitress who was very helpful with the menu selections. I will certainly be coming back again. The scallops were the best we have had, and the free dessert for my fiance was an added bonus! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014It was excellent but pricey. I had a gift certificate which I assumed was enough to cover our 4 people but ended up spending more than twice that. It was very good food and service and the Old Fashioned was excellent.Special Features:
- Great nightperfecteveningDined on 6/6/2014We sat and ate at the bar and were completely satisfied. The drinks were generous and during happy hour quite reasonable. We had three dishes. The edamame was enough for 4. The crispy calamari was also very good and lots of it. Also the crab cakes were all crab with little or no filler. We finished dinner with Crème Brule which was the best we had ever had. Cream ,carmel and chocolate topped with a sliced strawberry. The only thing keeping us from a weekly excursion there is the miserable traffic on the constantly under repair hwy. But when that's done they will see a lot more of us.Special Features:
- just a Tuesday eveningneighborhooddinerDined on 6/3/2014The food was excellent, the service was outstanding. We dined outside on the patio and could have done without the vehicle idling for 09 minutes in an adjacent parking space, or the diesel-powered tow truck that picked up another nearby disabled vehicle. Will stick to inside for future occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014Great food. Great wine. Outstanding service from Brittany!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scallop special should remain.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Went to dine here with my father, and got the seared scallops. He had recently returned from a cruise around Spain and France. He had scallops on the sea shore in Nice, France and said that the same dish here at Eno Vino was as good or better than the fresh caught dish he had by the Mediterranean shore. That, for me, was some high praise.Special Features:
- WonderfulAliPDined on 5/23/2014We made reservations online for an intimate birthday dinner. We are new to Eno Vino and because it was my special day, I asked for the best seats in the house. The hostess greeted and seated us immediately in the best seats :), and our server could not have been better. The food came out in a decent amount of time, was presented beautifully, and tasted delicious. Drinks were great too! We had the old fashioned cocktail and sparkling pinot noir. I had looked at the menu prior to our visit and was actually counting on ordering a dessert that to my surprise was no longer on the menu, however, I was very happy with the creme brulee that I ordered instead. The manager checked in with us towards the end of the visit, which was very professional.Special Features:
- Great!cmclienDined on 5/23/2014This was our first time to Eno Vino. The food was truly excellent but pricey! $$$$ Really glad we went and will go again I'm sure. We went with another couple and we each ordered 2 dishes plus dessert and that was PLENTY of food so I'm glad we didn't order three each to start out with. The ambience was nice and the restaurant pretty though a bit dark. Very mood light lighting but I think perhaps a little too dark even for mood lighting imho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eno Vino reviewphboomDined on 5/18/2014Friendly staff and great service. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious...LuvGr8FoodDined on 5/15/2014Dinner was amazing as always and the service was great. You must get the green beans. The only part that ever takes away from the dining experience is the noise level. Otherwise, experience is great and love that they don't rush you through your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealMadisonfoodieDined on 5/9/2014Madison has a variety of places to eat. Eno Vino should be at the top of your list. They change the menu and are very creative with flavors, textures and presentation. A very special gem in the Madison community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 586 reviews are from the Eno Vino Wine Bar and Bistro reviews archive.
- Fantastic as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2014We enjoyed two recent nights at Eno Vino. Arugula/kale salad, salmon special and lobster tail along with a lovely bottle of chardonnay. The next night we had mixed greens salad and the Rib Eye, polenta, and brussels sprouts paired with cabernet. We finished that evening with the rubarb/strawberry dessert and Robert Hall muscat. Two wonderful nights. We like to manage the pace of our dining by ordering each dish one at a time and make sure we always inform our server that we are not in any hurry. That way we have a nice relaxing evening.Special Features:
- Fancy Fun Foodcld33Dined on 4/26/2014With a blue flame under the green beans served to our table and fun music playing, my husband I and had an amazing time at this restaurant. Lots of energy and delicious foods that I had never tried before. Wine was amazing too. Overall superb place!! We will be back many times!Special Features:
- Great for datesWillDined on 4/18/2014Eno Vino is a great place to take a date. Their "to share" menu is wonderful and sharing is caring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pushy ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014The service was pushy and aggressive. If we haven't turned over our menus yet after we ordered our wine do we want our server to return to the table every 5 minutes pushing us to order?
- Eno Vino--WonderfulHensel310VIPDined on 4/17/2014Great wine list, terrific ambience and delicious food. Despite the out of town, in a mall location, this restaurant tries hard and succeeds on every level. Our waitress, Paige, was very very good, attentive, knowledgeable, charming and unobtrusive. The food was beautifully prepared, well presented and delicious. I would return.Special Features:
- Good effort but falls shortOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2014EVWBB came highly recommended so we had fairly high expectations. The main high points were the wine selection and the attentive wait staff. We were disappointed by the value (very small "to share" entree for $28), the paucity of vegetarian gluten free options and the loudness and poor lighting. Not sure if we would come back.Special Features:
- An Epic ExperienceJimmyBDined on 4/14/2014Are you in Verona or Middleton to visit Epic? If so, you definitely owe it to yourself to check out this restaurant - it's wonderful food with a fantastic wine list: And they have a great selection of scotches as well. Portion note - despite being billed as "tapas" the dishes are really pretty generous - three dishes will feed two people easily - so don't go too nuts with the ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.