2201 Jericho Tpke
Commack, NY 11725Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 6314626267
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Emilio's
'Emilio's is a real hometown favorite among locals who stop in for a quick slice of pizza to go, or to sit at one of the high-top tables in the dining room and enjoy freshly prepared dishes like fried calamari, eggplant rolatini, and grilled chicken parmigiana. ' -Commack PatchContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Emilio's - Best Restaurants in Commack ›
Emilio's reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (22)good for groups (19)kid-friendly (18)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (9)hot spot (5)romantic (5)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good food, horrendous serviceracheljenniferVIPDined on 9/6/2014I made a 6:15pm reservation Saturday, and they kept us waiting for our table until 7:00pm. When we finally sat down, it was the worst table in the entire restaurant. We were practically sitting in the kitchen. Because we were in the back corner, we were also ignored for an additional 15 minutes. When we finally placed our order, the waiter rushed us along, and ran off to take other orders. He obviously didn't put the order in right away because we didn't get our food for another 40 minutes. Finally, having gotten our food at around 8:00pm (with a 6:15 reservation), a food runner dropped it without asking if it was correct, offering another drink, or cheese to go with our pasta. We had to wait another 20 minutes to get anything else.Special Features:
- authentic Italian foodluv2dineDined on 9/1/2014The homemade pasta is to die for. The staff is amazing and we're very accommodating for handicapped people in our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emilio's needs new managementMikeVIPDined on 8/29/2014The consistently horrible service and inconsistent preparation of food make it obvious that there's a serious deficiencyin in management of this restaurant. We go on week nights because it is conveniently located, not for a good dining experience, and we are disappointed every time. They also don't know how to regulate a comfortable temperature in the restaurant. It's usually much too cold in the restaurant.
- Consistently goodRpfaDined on 8/16/2014We have been going to Emilio's for pizza and dining in for years so we know what to expect and that is a very good thing. We were sat right away and fortunately for us, they changed our waitress (not as a result of anything we said) so the service was warm and friendly. The food was delicious and I ate everything on my plate, which is rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMommascifDined on 8/15/2014Food and service excellent. Advise making reservation. Places was packed on a Friday night. Dining not large.Special Features:
- Usually OutstandingLisa123Dined on 8/8/2014Although everyone in my party was happy as usual, I was disappointed in my dish (Skinny Girl). Won't stop me from going back but will order differently as this dish wasn't great the last three times I've ordered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a GREAT first date there ...Toootall68Dined on 8/8/2014Had a reservation online w/ opentable and arrived @ 6:30 on 8/8/2014 . Not crowded @ that point and had a great waiter ( server ) w/ a super sense of humor !! He was attentive - food was excellent and we were not rushed out when we finished even when it started to fill up w/ other diners . We had a great experience and had time to talk ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikemikeDined on 8/2/2014Have never had a bad meal there. Prices are good, the staff is always very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodEvaS1994VIPDined on 7/29/2014We had the baked clams oreganata, penne ala vodka and 2 Perroni beers! Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I hope the owner reads this !LovegoodfoodNdrinksDined on 7/21/2014I've lived in the area for years and rarely go bc either it's crazy packed or the staff is rude. Well my friends just moved to commack wanted to go and my boyfriend and I were hesitant but remembered how amazing the food was so we went. Our waitress was rude and seemed like she could give two sh!its about us. It was a Monday night NOT crowded at all and she was bothered by us asking ?s and I said I needed gluten free and her response was " so does 200 millions other people all of a sudden" Our mouths dropped! Our dinner conversation was about how rude she was and we all were disgusted. Our food came out and was delishous ! I would not become a regular and neither would our friends just bc of the reputation of rude staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was very rudeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The waiter made us feel rushed, and seemed annoyed when we asked questions. We will not be back because of this.
- Nice neighborhood ItalianfranVIPDined on 7/13/2014Great waiter and tasty food. A nice lunch. Veal was quite tender and the pasta was fresh and home made with a lovely sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Italian FoodLongIslandLadyVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have tried many Italian restaurants on Long Island and Emilio's is the best. On this visit I ordered chicken Parmesan but with vodka sauce. It was delicious . The portions are generous and the bread is the best - the rolls are made of pizza dough . Their marinara pizza is also the best I have tasted. This is the restaurant we use to compare to all other Italian restaurants and it still remains on the top of our list. It is an excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/20143 old friends went for lunch. We sat at a table for almost 4 hours, enjoying the food and the conversation. No one rushed us, and we appreciated that. The food is always fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- It was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014The food was delicious. The service not impressive. Had to ask 3 different people for utensils and didn't received be until after the 4th request. It was so loud you couldn't have a conversation. Had to wait for table even though we had a reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic italianbellbiv13VIPDined on 6/5/2014We let the waiter Vittorio guide us with our dishes and he didn't steer us wrong once. The food was great, though I will say the white sangria left something to be desired.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!JosyjoDined on 6/1/2014Went there for lunch with my best friend and was so excited they had spaghetti squash! It was absolutely delicious and the service was great too! Will def come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingMrBlzVIPDined on 5/30/2014Emilio's is one of our go to places in Commack. The food is always tasty and well prepared with lots of choices. Their salads are among my favorites.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant on Gods Green EarthACass52VIPDined on 5/26/2014I've eaten at Emilio's in Commack dozens of times; and every time, no matter what is ordered, is always a great experience. To start off, the waitstaff is incredibly friendly and fast - from the team behind the counter making fresh pizzas to the waiters and waitresses; we've never had an issue with service at this local Italian hot-spot; even the owner, Emilio, is frequently seen behind the pizza counter and checking on customers' orders. To be honest, the pizza here (the Sicilian in particular) is the best pizza on Long Island - and potentially all NY. Consistently fresh and delicious, I often consider just ordering a few slices as my main course even when I sit down in the dining area for a more traditional Italian dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Benny to Emilio's many times but this time service was not good. Very disappointed since we were a table of 7. 5 people got their dinner while 2 people weird and when theirs came, others were 75% done with their mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great last minute decisionMelissaDined on 5/23/2014I always passed by but never knew what a great find this would be. My husband and I needed a place to eat for dinner at the last minute. We got a reservation with ease. Our waiter was hilarious and very attentive. The food and drinks were great. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good - service terriblekimcagDined on 5/23/2014Been coming to this place since it was known as Carmella's. Foot is always good but the service this particular evening was sub-par. Vittorio was our waiter. He had a chip on his shoulder from the moment we sat down. My mothers eggplant was cold: he forgot the Brussel sprouts and my bar pie(my entree.) He never apologized for anything. If you go ask that Vittorio NOT be your waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the Emilio's reviews archive.
- Food great...Service iffylmrbladeVIPDined on 5/17/2014Food is always great and the reason why we go back but the service could be better. From gum chomping servers to rude counter staff and hostess that don't know how to check you when you have an opentable reservation and you don't get your points. Close to home so convenience wins out.Special Features:
- What reservationUnHappyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Emilio's has great food but should not be on open table.. If you know you'll have to wait when you go to a restaurant then you don't mind. But if you think you're walking in and getting seated forget it. Emilio's never honors reservation. Be prepared to wait 15-30 minutes anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerddinsDined on 5/10/2014Took parents out for a casual Italian dinner at Emilio's on a Saturday evening. This was my second time dining here. We made reservations and arrived on time but was disappointing we had to wait nearly 20 minutes to be seated. The restaurant was exceedingly busy, but I feel it could have been handled a little better. That was the only blemish on an otherwise great time. Our waiter was prompt and accommodating, the atmosphere was energetic but delightful, and the food stole the show--everything we had was excellent.
- The Best of the BestScooterDined on 5/10/2014We have always loved Emilio's but the wait has always been unbearable. Now with Open Table I was able to make a reservation and it was honored. I loved it!! The chef was doing the seating but he did a dynamite job. The food was lip-smacking I have never been disappointed at Emilio's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip itgooditalianDined on 4/26/2014Although we booked with open table we waited over 30 minutes to be seated. The service was poor and the food was just ok. The room is extremely noisy and you can't have a conversation without yelling.
- I eat here oftenAPersonVIPDined on 4/11/2014I eat at Emilio's often. I prefer it mid week as it gets very busy on Friday and Saturday nights and there can easily be a 15 to 20 minute wait even with a reservation. The menu is large and has something for everyone. I usually order one of multiple fish items on the menu and am always pleased. My only issue is the service, and it seems to be getting worse. The wait staff has been there a while, and they seem to be complacent. They are pleasant, but not overly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood hot spotdaveDined on 4/11/2014very good food.little pricey for neighbor hood place.Special Features:
- Always a great dining experienceShellpopDined on 3/29/2014We've been dining at Emilio's for years and all around, the experience is great. Prices are reasonable and the food is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisyboopbettyDined on 3/29/2014Haven't been to this restaurant for many years. The portions are large and delicious. 6oz pour on wines, fresh pastas, specialty lasagna was a tad salty. The atmosphere was Loud reservations a must, but you still may have to wait. All in all it was an enjoyable dinner and I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was trulyChaunceyDined on 3/26/2014This restaurant was truly a "find" in a neighborhood strip mall. Someone else had suggested it so I had no previous experience. It was a very happy surprise. The staff were very friendly and very knowledgeable about the extensive menu items. The portions of food were too much to eat in one seating so there was a take home box for me. My one complaint was that there was no real bar area to wait for our dining companions so we had to gather at the entrance which was crowded with other people waiting, I will definitely recommend to others and will also definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Slice To Go27EastDined on 3/22/2014After making a reservation , we took our 3 grand children here the other night. Understandably, we had to wait to be seated, but when we were, all we received were drink menus, none for food. When waiter finally noticed, we sat for another 15 or 20 minutes waiting for a basket of bread, which kids quickly devoured - no refill. Placed our order and waited, and waited, and then the kids meals came out, along with a side salad - no appetizer. By the time the kids finished their meals we finally had our appetizer, followed shortly thereafter by our cold entrees. Luckily, we had brought along some entertainment for the kids to keep them busy well after their finished their meals. The service was horrendous. Stick to pizza.
- Kay Reviewdk1146Dined on 3/15/2014My reservation was for 7:00 this past Saturday, however, we were not seated until 7:45. We were also disappointed in that there often was nobody manning the front desk. The noise was too loud, our table was hardly able to hear each other talk. We were recommended to visit you but it did not live up to our expectations.
- Food was delivered not asThedogDined on 3/8/2014Food was delivered not as ordered. Ordred a glass of wine, when delivered to the table the glass had lipstickon it. Returned and a new glass was given to us. Portions are very small, food is nothing to brag about
- Love this Place!jkg8475Dined on 3/8/2014We always have a good time at the restaurant and the food is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!AnnieVIPDined on 3/4/2014I have always had great dinners at Emilios!! The lunches are wonderful too! Have been coming here for years. The food never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ThoughtsSkyPilotDined on 3/1/2014Although we had a reservation, it took an additional 20 minutes to get a table. The food is excellent. Just be ready. conversation is tough as the noise level is high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I remembered but...cintinDined on 2/22/2014I hadn't been in a while and although I remembered it as being great this time it was just o.k. Mussels were disappointing but the pasta in pink sauce with chicken was goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good reliable italian foodLikeItalian081VIPDined on 2/22/2014May have to wait 10-15 for your table but service is good. Food is solid.I would recommend this to a friend.