El Techo de Lolinda
2518 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
El Techo de Lolinda
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eltechosf.com/
- Phone: 4155506970x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-11:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-1:00am
Brunch: Sa-Su 11:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Alejandro Morgan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our El Techo rooftop can accommodate large groups for special events and parties. We also have space for up to 150 guests in our downstairs restaurant, Lolinda.
- Private Party Contact: Mayra Montoya 4155506970x
A word from El Techo de Lolinda
El Techo is the heated and covered open-air rooftop restaurant above Lolinda. Offering sweeping city views, pan-Latin American casual cuisine, and crafty classic cocktails, we are the perfect venue for your celebration or as a compliment to your dinner at the Mission's finest steakhouse. Fun food, festive cocktails "del Sol" and the best rooftop skyline in SF.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
El Techo de Lolinda - Best Restaurants in Mission ›
El Techo de Lolinda reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (19)great for outdoor dining (18)scenic view (14)great for lunch (7)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (5)good for groups (5)romantic (4)fit for foodies (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great outdoor spot with decent foodDinnerDateVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great outdoor spot in the city that is warm and offers a nice view. Food was good, not great. Prices were reasonable. Service was okay.Special Features:
- Great brunch!MarthaawhVIPDined on 8/3/2014While visiting in San Francisco we visited El Techo de Lolinda for Sunday brunch. I very much enjoyed the Vegetarian version of the Techo Rancheros and my husband his vegetarian version of the chorizo Scramble. Food was great, service good, and the view of the city amazing. We would definitely return to try their dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat rooftop seating!LolaDined on 8/2/2014Brunch here was perfect. We got seated immediately, delicious food arrived quickly and service was attentive. Excellent spot for catching up with friends over grapefruit margaritas and chorizo scramble.Special Features:
- Casual and RelaxingSFdinerDined on 6/28/2014Graet brunch, great views, good service, excellent Mexican choices, quesadillas very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JTBencruzsfVIPDined on 6/21/2014He is just the best bartender around! Natalie was so nice and helpful!Special Features:
- BrunchieDined on 5/31/2014Nothing can beat eating on a rooftop, especially one as nice as El Techo. The drinks were great and they do some of their signature items well (beignets, cornbread) but the food was just good--the french bread was certainly underwhelming in a city filled with brunch finds. The hosts were really friendly!Special Features:
- dontsettle4averageVIPDined on 5/26/2014Loose the charming guy at the front door; no greeting because he was too busy trying to socialize with someone. What is his purpose , anyway? We will not be visiting you again because of him- he definitely would not be the face of my business. Service was prompt at first but then became MIA, order was mixed up, wrong food was served, server was absent for nearly entire service cycle. My review stops here because this was enough for me to make a judgement.
- Great Brunch Spot!SarahDined on 4/26/2014You definitely need a reservation for a weekend brunch/lunch here. So make it WAY ahead of time because it seems like the reservations book up a week or two in advance. This place is great. A little pricey for a brunch but a great spot for a "little bit more special than normal" brunch. We took some friends from out of town. I would highly recommend the heuvos rancheros, the steak breakfast option (can't remember the name) and the guacamole for an appetizer. Delish. The bloody marys weren't my favorite, sort of lacked flavor. But nothing that a splash of hot sauce can't fix.Special Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the El Techo de Lolinda reviews archive.
- eh wasn't as good as lastthisVIPDined on 3/30/2014eh wasn't as good as last time service was worse food was worseSpecial Features:
- Upscale and originalcritiqueVIPDined on 3/15/2014Although the prices at El Techo may shock you a bit, the food is delicious and the roof view and ambience can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under the radar brunch spotmtf419VIPDined on 3/1/2014While El Techo de Lolinda can be a bit much to digest in the evenings, the weekend brunch is a well-kept secret. You can walk up and be immediately seated. The food is outstanding, with all the standard lunch fare with a Latin American twist - the egg dishes and french toast are especially good. There are also plenty of brunch cocktail options, as well as micheladas and beers.Special Features:
- Celebrated Margarita Day in StyleJessieDined on 2/22/2014Great rooftop for a delicious brunch. Definitely recommend the ceviche and guac, and excellent classic margs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to love?ChiaraDined on 2/15/2014Attentive service, flavorful food with quality ingredients and good portions, unique drinks, the best rooftop in the city.. Its the complete package. I'm so "over" places that make you wait in a 45 minute line in cold weather for a table for brunch. El Techo de Lolinda is so civilized and also fun. It's my new favorite brunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.