Eddie V's - 5th Street
301 E. 5th Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - 5th Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 5124721860x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11p, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10pm.; Happy Hour: Tuesday - Saturday 4:00pm - 7:00pm; All night Happy Hour Sunday & Monday in lounge. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Bauer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
- Entertainment: Jazz & Blues nightly
A word from Eddie V's - 5th Street
If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Edgewater Grille. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried coldwater baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Eddie V's - 5th Street - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Eddie V's - 5th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
316 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (255)romantic (176)notable wine list (153)fit for foodies (136)good for groups (101)vibrant bar scene (91)hot spot (77)neighborhood gem (33)late-night find (28)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Thumbs up for a celebration dinner!rosnDined on 10/28/2014Eddie V's is a beautiful space for a celebration dinner....Excellent seafood, steaks ,and poultry. The double breast of chicken with mushroom a jus was moist and flavorful and the tuna was high quality and a beautiful presentation. Especially nice for a special occasion or while attending an event at the nearby Austin convention center.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2014Food was great. Bar was great. Wait staff attentive but we felt rushed.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinner ExperiencecmartineDined on 10/26/2014Delightful presentation and attentive service combine to make this an excellent dinner destination. Each dish had great flavor and character. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014Great crab cake, great service.Nice evening all aroundSpecial Features:
- Special Occasion DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I chose Eddie V's after careful consideration of all that Austin had to offer as far as their culinary scene is concerned. I was not disappointed! I had a party of six and had to make a reservation for 10:45 pm. I am not usually accustomed to eating so late but we were celebrating a birthday in the group and my bodybuilding competition victory. When we arrived I had forgotten the gifts in the car after valeting. The Host promptly volunteered to retrieve them for me! The table was waiting for my party with a birthday card and congratulatory card! And the food, wow, the quality superb, the flavor impeccable. Generous serving sizes. Our desserts were mind blowing. This is a wonderful place. The staff is completely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, Once Again....NiteOutDined on 10/25/2014EV's never disappoints. We had a wonderful time celebrating our Anniversary and the staff complimented the meal with quality service. We'll return soon.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forLonestarDined on 10/24/2014Everything about this place was incredible. Service was best out of anywhere we have been. Food was delicious. 5 star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great jobPatrickDined on 10/24/2014Thanks for helping to make my wife's birthday get together a success for all our group. Even when we had a slight complaint that some of the seafood portions were overlooked, the general manager came over, apologized and made things right for all involved. The service throughout the night was terrific as usual.Special Features:
- Quick trip to AustinTH13Dined on 10/19/2014We were only in Austin for one evening and wanted to have a special dinner. The Tex-Mex eateries were everywhere but not what we wanted so we looked on Trip Advisor for recommendations. This place was highly rated and the menu seemed to be just what we were looking for in terms of diverse food selection. Eddie V's was great! From the minute we arrived, it seemed like the staff was waiting for us. They could not be nicer. Food was wonderful. My wife had the lobster tacos and I had the Ahi Tuna steak both were delicious. We also shared the calamari (excellent) and the spinach and corn side dishes which really made the meal. Highly recommend this place for all kinds of eating and we can't wait until they open up in Northern Virginia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food & ServiceButterDined on 10/19/2014We travel a lot and always try and have a nice steak everywhere we go. This was definetly one of the best steakhouses we have ever been too. The service was excellent and our food was fantastic. I highly recommend Eddie V's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Restaurant!happycustomerDined on 10/18/2014We live in San Antonio, but consider Eddie V's our favorite special occasion go-to restaurant! While you can enjoy it frequently, the staff always make you feel as if it is a special occasion! We celebrated my son's 19th birthday, and via a small comment made when made our reservation, each staff member greeted my son with birthday salutations and a BEAUTIFUL dessert with personalized chocolate greeting awaited him after dinner! The food is over the top extraordinary! Recommended are the scallops and the swordfish! Enjoy!Special Features:
- joelnlolaDined on 10/18/2014my wife and i really enjoyed our anniversary dinnerSpecial Features:
- StunnedGlennADined on 10/18/2014Visiting Austin we had a bad experience for dinner Thursday night at the Driskell. We were ready for a great meal. My wife ordered a NY strip and I ordered crab legs. Everything went great, drinks, salad, bread ect.. When our food came out they asked my wife to cut into the steak and see if it was to her liking. She ordered medium and it was definitely medium rare. Even the waitress immediately said, "oh that's not right, let me bring it back." We nibbled on the crab and side dishes (all delicious) and she came back a short time later and this time the steak was well done, no pink whatsoever. Long story short, they brought a whole new steak out which was perfect and comped the whole meal, unsolicited. I was speechless. Eddie V's cares !Special Features:
- Simply wondeful!DonBonDiningOutDined on 10/17/2014Just can't say enough about this GEM of a restaurant. Top notch, eating at Eddie V's is not just having dinner, it's a dining experience! Especially if your waiter is Mario!!!Special Features:
- joedDined on 10/13/2014Fabulous as usual!!! Best part, this time ... the music. Kris Kimura and band. WOW!!!Special Features:
- Great steak and atmosphereScottDDined on 10/11/2014Started out the night at the bar for a great glass of wine and some live jazz. It was extremely crowded but it was a Saturday night and the ACL festival was going on, which is why I was visiting Austin. The oysters were fresh and full of flavor. We had the broiled halibut and the bone in ribeye. This was by far the best steak I have ever had, and there have been many. The seasoning was simple but delicious. The night ended back at the bar for some more great music. The service was attentive and helpful even though the place was slammed. If I'm ever in a city that has an Eddie V's I'll be sure to make a return visit.Special Features:
- Eddie V's - Thank youchrisVIPDined on 10/11/2014Eddie V's great in San Diego and maybe even better in Austin. Thank you for a great experience.Special Features:
- PerfectionSuzYDined on 10/11/2014Four of us had a lovely dinner here. We had a hard time choosing what to order, so we ordered four meals and shared; all were delicious. The service is impeccable!Special Features:
- Will be back!HighMaintDinerDined on 10/11/2014We were in Austin celebrating our Anniversary and choose to go to Eddie V's for a nice dinner. I was amazed at the level of service at this restaurant. Both bartenders asked us our name and shook our hands looking us in the eye and our server for dinner was amazing as well. Very helpful with any questions we had, very attentive but not too much allowing us to enjoy our evening. He even hailed a cab for us when one wouldn't come after calling. Overall this experience was probably the best levels of service I have ever experienced and we enjoyed dinning out a good bit. I would most certainly recommend this restuarant and will be back!!Special Features:
- Good foodjb10Dined on 10/11/2014Food was good, wine list extensive but overpriced. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We'be been customers of Eddie V's for years ever since we ate at this location back in 2006. This restaurant never disappoints. Servers are the best in the business and the chefs create a consistent excellent meal whether in Austin or our home location in La Jolla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior serviceEAK3Dined on 10/11/2014Excellent service and quality. Recommended for any special occasion or nice dinner downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and yummyshaelovestoeatDined on 10/11/2014My room mate and I had been eager to go out for a nice dinner, after six weeks of hard studying at UT. I'm so glad Eddie V's popped up when I searched fancy places. The food was finger-llicking good, I mean absolutely delicious, especially the dessert!!!! Everyone was so friendly and helpful, from the hostess and waiters to the valet guys. Such a great spot. Would recommend to anyone wanting a romantic, celebratory, or just nice dinner out. So up scale and beautiful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014What a great place to celebrate a special occasion. Amazing appetizers: Tuna Tartare and Crab Cake. Fabulous fish: Flounder, Grouper, Sea Bass and Shrimp. Exquisite ending: Bananas Foster Flambé! All served with meticulous care by a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Dining at its best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceFatherwookieDined on 10/10/2014The service was impeccable. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Always a treatEMOOREVIPDined on 10/8/2014Eddie V's never ceases to amaze me with its outstanding food and service. I still believe Eddie V's has the best steak in Texas. I have become a great fan and a regular visitor, each time I am in Austin.Special Features:
- hey good night outjcv3903Dined on 10/3/2014the food is always great and the service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fooddocDined on 10/2/2014Always a great dining experience, food, service and ambianceSpecial Features:
- Spectacular!WillSDined on 10/1/2014Everything was fantastic. My mother was visiting us in Austin and had heard good things about Eddie V's and she wanted to go; we actually had never been before as well and had been meaning to check it out. When we walked in the door I thought this place could possibly be pretentious but that thought disappeared as soon as we sat down. The staff was accommodating and knowledgable, all of the food was amazing and the ambience is just perfect. It is a little on the pricey side but you get what you pay for and Eddie V'will definitely not disappoint. I would highly recommend Eddie V's for a nice night out or romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendLettsdineDined on 9/30/2014Great historic building rennovated into beautiful classic dining space. Food was fabulous and servers attentive and friendly, but not bothersome. Would definitely go back when in Austin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go with someone that you care for!Hungrycurmudgeon45Dined on 9/29/2014Have eaten at this restaurant many times when in Austin. It never fails to be outstanding. The food is always excellent. The service is knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. The lounge is the place to be to enjoy great live music with a super meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamesWDined on 9/29/2014Food was excellent and waiter was outstanding and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely birthday dinnerSuzieQ14Dined on 9/28/2014We had dinner at Eddie V's on Sunday evening to celebrate two family birthdays. The entire staff was so friendly and accommodating, quietly attending to our every need. The food was outstanding. Our group tried a variety of steaks and seafood dishes, which were all delicious. We appreciated the quiet celebration and lovely dining experience. Eddie V's is our top pick for special occasion dining. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AmazingFoodforthoughtDined on 9/27/2014I definitely recommend making a reservation. The staff was outstanding, our server was phenomenal! The food was outstanding and the staff is great on pairing wine selection and sides with your entree! It was a bit loud where we were sitting due to an extremely loud party sitting right next to us. However it was still an amazing dining experience and would say it's a must when you're in Austin! We cannnot wait to go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnaFugueDined on 9/27/2014Very friendly and helpful staff, steak was amazing. Fish dishes a little overcomplicated but good, fresh seafood and dessert greatSpecial Features:
- As advertised..jscheiderDined on 9/27/2014Can't go wrong if you like steak and seafood. Service was top notch, loved our waitress, bartender and even the valet was friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RustoDined on 9/27/2014Great anniversary dinner. Roses on the table shaped like a heart and a great bottle of wine. Wife had the 12 oz filet (so I could have some) and I had the dry shipped scallops. Tuna appetizer was outstanding and highly recommend. Overall great service too!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Eddie V'sBetsyDined on 9/26/2014We shared the 22 ounce bone in rib eye which was fabulous. It was a bit under cooked for medium rare but the meat was very tasty. We also had a few sides which included asparagus, very nice, potatoes au gratin, kinda average and the beets with walnuts, if you are a beet lover you will love this dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/25/2014Loved it will be back many times to come! Waiter and food were excellent place a very fun vibe.Special Features:
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014The service was great, even the manager came out to greet us as it was our first time dining. The food was delicious,my husband ordered a steak & they ask you to cut it down the middle to check it is cooked through. This was unusual but we weren't bothered by it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.