Dragonfly - Robata Grill & Sushi
7972 VIa Dellagio Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
Dragonfly - Robata Grill & Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dragonflyorlando.com/
- Phone: (407) 370-3359
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Ray Hideaki Leung
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For those events requiring the Dragonfly experience outside the restaurant, platters are available as well as full service catering that includes a personal chef, full bar accommodations, music, lighting, design, event planning and more.
- Special Events: Please go to our website: DragonflyOrlando.com and sign up to take part in our mailing list. Members receive emails with our special events, promotions as well as special discounts just for signing up!
A word from Dragonfly - Robata Grill & Sushi
Dragonfly Robata Grill & Sushi offers authentic Japanese gastropub cuisine with a modern twist, featuring a variety of grilled items and specialty sushi rolls. Each item is prepared utilizing traditional robata grilling techniques and fresh ingredients for an assortment of uniquely composed dishes. Dragonfly Robata Grill & Sushi is among few in the nation to bring authentic robata grilling to Orlando, which uses special white coals called binchō-tan that heat up to 1,000 degrees Celsius and burn cleanly without smoke. The high level of heat fully cooks proteins and vegetables and captures their natural flavors. Dragonfly Robata Grill & Sushi is ideal for many occasions, offering an elegant, yet comfortable ambiance. Plus, private dining, a chic Chef’s Table, a lakeside patio, a sushi bar, a VIP room and more are available. Each detail of our modern restaurant has been thoughtfully considered for the ultimate dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Dragonfly - Robata Grill & Sushi - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Dragonfly - Robata Grill & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)special occasion (54)good for groups (53)hot spot (50)neighborhood gem (34)great for outdoor dining (31)romantic (31)vibrant bar scene (29)notable wine list (16)late-night find (14)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Amazing ambiance, food, and very attentive staffKirstenfrommiamiDined on 11/20/2014Dragonfly won't disappoint you. From their amazing staff and menu items to the fun and decorative ambiance. Dragonfly is a restaurant you don't want to skip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place!otownfoodieDined on 11/14/2014Can't wait to go back here. Everything from service to selection to food was great. My husband raved over the U-10 shrimp and Dragonfly roll sushi...said it was the best he had. And since I'm actually not a seafood eater - I LOVED the crispy tofu. Most delicious tofu I've ever had. I paired it with the brussel spouts and robata chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi, lousy serviceritzarichDined on 11/7/2014Waited over 15 mins before even getting acknowledged by our server. The hostess came to our table twice to ask if we had been greeted. Finally, she poured our glasses of water. Other than the service, the food was amazing!Special Features:
- Great place to unwind.MrBillDined on 11/2/2014After a maniac day at the MK we found this restaurant to be a good antidote for winding down and relaxing. Good food selections and excellent service. Only caveat I can add is the drinks can be pricey.Special Features:
- Great food and excellent serviceFoodiefirstDined on 10/24/2014Food was very flavorful. The service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going back for sureUSAFoodieVIPDined on 10/24/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our visit, amazing value on bottles of wine. Didn't end up trying any rolls, though they look interesting, some almost too exotic but we'll try for sure next time.Special Features:
- Attentive to Gluten IntoleranceDKAicheDined on 10/21/2014In addition to great food for the whole party, the manager and waitress worked together to create a meal that was truly gluten free for two of our guests. Very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceIdaQVIPDined on 10/20/2014Went there for the first time with some work colleagues. We shared some items from the Robata Grill and they were excellent - great flavor! The portions were a little small so make sure you are aware of that when you order. Service was fantastic. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CreativeAdoboDined on 10/9/2014We love Japanese grill restaurants, this restaurant had very creative combinations and delicious grilled food. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent foodCarlinguiDined on 10/5/2014The sushi was fantastic! And the service too!!! And the Restaurant is very coolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service!CMDineDined on 10/3/2014Melanie was great. Volcano roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary ExperienceRobertDined on 10/3/2014First time to Dragonfly, recommended by a friend and it didn't disappoint. We went there for our anniversary dinner, greeted right away at the door and brought to our table in the middle of the dining room on a Friday night, perfect. The server came by right away, never introduced himself but was attentive throughout the experience. Would have liked him to recommend something, popular dishes, his favorites, etc. but nothing. So we basically just ordered one thing from each section of the menu and what a great idea, shared meals was the way to go. The crab fried rice, volcano roll, brussel sprouts and pork belly noodles were awesome, the ribeye and scallop skewers were just ok. Overall had a great anniversary meal, will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CpanealCPANealDined on 9/30/2014What terrific meal. Cameron waited on us again thisSpecial Features:
- MISO SOUP...Yes pleaseDinnerwithmysisDined on 9/27/2014Lived in Japan and Dragonfly has the BEST MISO SOUP I have ever tasted. I would go back just for that alone. My sister and I had a wonderful meal and the service was stop on.Special Features:
- Always a great eveningCharlieDined on 9/27/2014Dragonfly was wonderful as usual. this restaurant has so much more than just sushi. Go expand your palate and enjoy new items on the menu. I bet you will like them!Special Features:
- Amazing restaurantDebOrlandoDined on 9/20/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant and used a special deal I purchased through TravelZoo. Everyone was extremely friendly. The restaurant has a great ambiance, as well. Our waitress, Amy, was outstanding and very helpful in walking us through their unique dining experience. Each of the four courses was excellent. We will definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends and look forward to going back!Special Features:
- Yummy SushiYummySushiDined on 9/20/2014We really only get the sushi but it's awesome! Sushi rolls have lots of flavor, have a good variety, and are adequate in size. We ALWAYS overeat because the sushi is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningMandMDined on 9/18/2014This is an Izikaya style restaurant with a Robata grill, and is a lovely contrast to the "theme" restaurants which abound in Orlando. The food cooked on the Robata grill was indeed delicious--even the small grilled peppers were a special treat. I opted for one of their Sake wines (I'm not usually a Sake drinker) by the glass--it had a lovely, delicate flavor and an excellent finish. Their ramen will remind you that the good stuff does NOT come dry in a packet. This restaurant is about much more than sushi, although theirs is good. Our server was warm and helpful, although once the place had filled up (on a Thursday night, too) she understandably did not have as much time to check on us. We were glad we started our meal at 7 p.m.Special Features:
- SylvieDined on 9/17/2014The hostess was great, we had made a reservation and called to say we were running late, got there and were still seated right away. After that the service was pretty lacking. It took forever to get water, even longer for the server, and we saw little of her afterwards. We had ordered the Magical Dining prix fixe and each got two rolls of sushi, so you would think they would bring soy sauce out with the small dish of wasabi and ginger they provided for us to share. It took absolutely forever to flag someone down for soy sauce. We eventually had to get the attention of a server with a huge tray of food in her hands and ask HER for soy sauce, because we weren't going to get anyone elses attention. The chef's special rolls are delicious!Special Features:
- Nice placeBRM1225Dined on 9/14/2014We went for Orlando Magical Dining. The menu option for that is items on the regular menu, no special options. The food was very good. If you want to go for sushi they have a great selection and a nice sushi bar you may sit at. The service was good even though the kitchen was very slow. My husband received his salad about 10 minutes before I received my soup. Same thing happened with our meals but the wait for the other person wasn't as long. The food should come out at the time in my opinion. All in all I would go back maybe for sushi or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EVERYTHING was excellentClaudiaDined on 9/13/2014It was our first time dining here We completely enjoyed our meals. I LOVED the sushi. Our waitress was awesome. Will surely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for Magical DiningYisthisVIPDined on 9/10/2014We thought we'd try Dragonfly for Magical Dining. It was a mistake. The value of the Magical Dining was less than the fixed price of Magical Dining though we didn't realize that until after we ordered. Food was okay. Very mediocre. Sushi rolls to choose from were less than interesting, with too many with cream cheese (not what I like in a roll.) The black cod was good. Husband's rolls were tough (chewy seaweed). Based on this, we won't be back for regular dining as other locations nearby are better.
- Anniversary DinnerFathersDaydinner2013Dined on 9/6/2014The warm spinach salad was amazing!! We enjoyed the magical dining menu plus there was also a special on wine bottles. Our server was well informed of all the dishes and helped us feel comfortable with what we were ordering. When I made our reservation I noted that we were celebrating our anniversary and had no need to remind them while we were dining. Before the end of the night our server brought us a fried cheesecake with ice cream and congratulated us. The attention to details were great! Looking forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feel badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014I request birthday ' cake in the end but They forgot my birthday' cake,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than just SUSHISundayDriverVIPDined on 9/2/2014My husband does not eat sushi and he loves this restaurant. The Robata Grill produces the best tasting "Umami" styled meats, seafood and vegetables. This is an "IT SPOT" with a great drink bar, sushi bar, Robata Grill bar, and outdoor seating. The large staff is super friendly and attentive. Do your taste buds a treat and try this fabulous, unique, and vibrant restaurant.Special Features:
- winedoctorVIPDined on 8/31/2014A great place to go for innovative Asian food. Great flavors. Love the warm spinach salad.Special Features:
- Nice local spotromanticDined on 8/30/2014Not one of the typical tourist traps. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- magical dining experienceShirleyDined on 8/28/2014We chose this restaurant on the Orlando magical dining Web page. The restaurant is very clean and the staff friendly and efficient. The food was delicious. Our server explained that the normal way they serve is similar to tapas but due to magical dining month they put together the selection we had for a 3 course meal. We were not disappointed with anything on the menu. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. Will definitely go back and recommend this restaurant to my friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandmadVIPDined on 8/27/2014Always a wonderful meal. Service and presentation equal the delisious food.
- Best Sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014My husband and I are very picky about where we will eat Sushi and this is our favorite place! The food is excellent and the service was just as good. I only wish it were closer to where we live.Special Features:
- Fairways98Dined on 8/20/2014Service was efficint and attentive but not overbearing. Food was excellent. Would highly recommend to friends and business associates that they should give Dragonflyl - Robata Grill & Sushi a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Japanese TapasLadyAmboDined on 8/16/2014I absolutely love Japanese food and the fact that I can order various small plates and get an opportunity to try so much is right up my alley! The food has great flavor and presentation. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful food and service. Always enoy dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFoodie12Dined on 8/13/2014Happy hour is a must. Many items to try at GREAT prices. Wew went twicw and enjoyed the steam buns, bacon wrap vegetables and the sushi rolls all for $6.00 or less.Special Features:
- GMCSDined on 8/7/2014Best sushi, great service and a very good selection of drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer!SushiLoverDined on 8/4/2014My boyfriend and I's first time here. It is absolutely nice. Lighting is very dim inside, very relaxing ambience. Server was amazing and extremely helpful. I believe his name was Eric. Appetizer and Sushi came out extremely quick. It was delicious. Big eye tuna kobachi was amazing! Also, the dragonfly roll! Would definitely come back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was disappointingnot2pickyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Service deteriorated as the room we were seated in began to fill up. At that point service was inattentive. Food however was delicious. We enjoyed several sushi rolls and kobata salmon, as well as the short ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 417 reviews are from the Dragonfly - Robata Grill & Sushi reviews archive.
- Ok experienceJBL0214Dined on 7/26/2014Came in at around 915.. They sat us pretty quick but then 20 minutes later, we where still sitting with nobody attending to us. Finally, i called one waiter who passed by and asked if he coukd take our orders.they gave us free appetizers to say sorry but did not expect that kind of service from a restaurant like this. The food was really good though..Special Features:
- Great RestaurantyummyeatsDined on 7/26/2014Had a great birthday dinner at Dragonfly. The food was delicious and the service was great! Thanks for such a great experience....this is definitely one of my favorite spots!Special Features:
- Fantastic Find!JnK4manVIPDined on 7/19/2014Exactly what my husband and I were looking for on our weekend getaway in Orlando! Such a refreshing change from the plethora of chain restaurants and tourist traps. For sushi the bomb and lobster rolls were a knockout. The yellowtail collar with ponzu, waygu beef skewers, and duck skewers (on special the night we went) were unbelievable! I'd also recommend the rib eye yakisoba, wild mushroom ragu, and sauteed baby bok choy with garlic. The best small plate restaurant my husband and I have ever been to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.