Don's Seafood - Lafayette
4309 Johnston Street
Lafayette, LA 70503Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Don's Seafood - Lafayette
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://donsseafoodonline.com/
- Phone: (337) 981-1141
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Takeout
- Entertainment: Oyster Bar & Grill
A word from Don's Seafood - Lafayette
In 1934, with four hundred dollars borrowed from his uncle, Don Landry opened Don"s Beer Parlor in downtown Lafayette, a casual hangout with a dirt floor where friendly folks served cold drinks and simple dishes. Soon after, Don joined forces with his family and created what we know today as Don's Seafood. The Don's experience became a true Cajun Experience. The restaurant and staff may have changed since 1934, but one thing remains the same, Don's dedication to serving fine Cajun food. The Landry family and their partners have developed a recipe for success across the Gulf Coast with eight thriving locations. Thank you for being a part of our history , and we invite you to be a part of our future.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Don's Seafood - Lafayette - Best Restaurants in Lafayette ›
Don's Seafood - Lafayette reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (3)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Nice place for a good Cajun meal.ViRagDined on 11/13/2014It was a nice place for a good meal and a nice conversation, with a small group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014This is our "go-to" place for seafood, and just good food in general. The food is great, the prices are reasonable, the service is great. If you have special needs or requests, they take care of them. It is never to loud and the atmosphere is pleasant. The place is clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 13 reviews are from the Don's Seafood - Lafayette reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Awesome food and great atmosphere. We had a group of 10 and the waitress never missed a beat. She was on time with everything. We never had to ask for drink refills or anything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the HutCajunman6335Dined on 5/10/2014Took Mom out for Mother's Day the night before and enjoyed everything about the Hut. I'd made reservations and was seated promptly. Our waiter, John, saw about us quickly and efficiently and was friendly and outgoing. BOGO margaritas were well enjoyed. We both ordered the Cajun Fried Rice and it was better than I remember. Food did take a very long time to arrive, but it was a busy night. I Worked at the Hut as a server from 1989-1996 and was impressed by the overall look of the place. Excellent décor. The oyster grill is a thing of beauty. Overall, a very enjoyable experience and will be returning.Special Features:
- a little disappointedoldfashionedDined on 4/27/2014We have eaten and Don's Seafood Hut on Johnston St. many times and have come to expect excellent food, service and moderate prices. So we recommended to another couple that we meet there for lunch we expected the same and were a little disappointed. The crab finger appetizers tasted off flavor, the crawfish bisque (usually among the best I have had) was strong flavored indicating old or frozen crawfish when the fresh supply is abundant now. Pepper Jack shrimp were excellent. One guest wanted Red Snapper and was told they were out of it. So overall a disappointment considering expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!MANDYVIPDined on 4/9/2014We had a nice lunch. I had the catfish and my husband had shrimp. The food was good but a bit spicy for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something to rememberMarietee24Dined on 3/1/2014The food and staff is worth it to have a nice time outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters Gone Wild!Champagne71Dined on 2/24/2014Aside from the huge list of beverages, the oysters were a hit! We enjoyed several dozen raw oysters on the half shell as well as the Jacked Up Oysters. The atmosphere was great for visiting with freinds, the staff was very accomidating, and the food was delecious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was awsome and servicejoefoodDined on 2/22/2014The food was awsome and service was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not GreatletseatDined on 2/15/2014I thought the menu was limited and very predictable for this type of restaurant. Grilled oysters were good. Stuffed catifsh lacked seasoning. Seafood platter was just ok. None of the side dishes offered were very creative. My wife's cocktail was not good. I realize it was not the restaurant's fault, but there happened to be a large table with fans of that night's ULL game, and they were so LOUD you could hear them from any point inside the restaurant! This was our first visit and perhaps it was just an off night.
- Wrong steakLive4moscatoDined on 12/31/2013Ordered the steak and shrimp asked for filet instead of ribeye med well. Got a ribeye med rare. Ordered bottle of martini Asti sparking wine waited 20 minutes without drinks cuz it wasn't cold but it's New Year's Eve. Took 30 minutes for server to take our order. Reservation was at 8 and they were closing at 9.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Reliable!!TerryDVIPDined on 12/22/2013Food and Service were excellent!! We are regulars and love the atmosphere also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiters/Waitresses less professionaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2013Waiters/Waitresses less professional than other similar restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation celebrationJennDined on 12/20/2013We went to lunch to celebrate a UL graduation. The food was very good. The manager Came over visited at our table and congratulated our graduate. We had a very Good experience at Don's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Climate issuessouthernbornDined on 12/14/2013Almost everything was nice at the resturant. The only problem we had was the ac/heat blowing on our table. The vent blow on the wall behind our table. Our group was uncomfortable when the unit was running.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.