123 Baronne Street
New Orleans, LA 70112Neighborhood:
Central Business District
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.domenicarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5046486020x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alon Shaya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Domenica
Domenica is a contemporary and inviting Italian restaurant that creates regional Italian dishes with southern and middle eastern influences. The cuisine combines Chef Alon Shaya's Israeli heritage and love of local ingredients with a menu that reflects his time spent cooking and living in the small towns of northern Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Domenica reviews from OpenTable diners
321 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (210)good for groups (131)great for lunch (130)hot spot (124)special occasion (100)vibrant bar scene (63)neighborhood gem (62)notable wine list (62)romantic (53)kid-friendly (34)great for brunch (28)late-night find (25)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Kale is decadent & addictive!JimmyDined on 8/31/2014Yummy. The best roasted cauliflower & whipped goat cheese and flash fried kale. Ever!!!Special Features:
- Excellent food & service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014We went during happy hour with a group of 12 and everyone enjoyed their pizza and drinks (especially since it was all 1/2 off). Ordered almost every pizza on the menu and there were no complaints. Our server was also great. Very attentive, fun, and kind enough to split our bill as requested.Special Features:
- On a gentle slopeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Domenica has been great. Each successive visit is a reminder of that, though one has to work progressively harder to uncover an aspect or two which remain equal to earlier times. Surprises still can be discovered, but something new gets lost every visit. No mushroom soup (absolutely phenomenal when it existed), then no any soup; even the menu has shrunk. Pity. Real shame.Special Features:
- Fantastic LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We found Dominica on our last trip to NOLA, and were very pleased. We returned and the service, food, and atmosphere was again wonderful. This is a "must" on our NOLA food tour from now on.Special Features:
- Another Great Dining ExperienceAbitaGuyDined on 8/29/2014I have been to Domenica several times, but this was the first visit for my lady friend. She and I enjoyed it very much. We started with a watermelon salad with arugula and goat cheese. We then split a pizza. I already knew how great the pizzas are from my previous visits, but my lady friend raved how good it was, saying "This is the best pizza that I have ever had!" We finished our meal with a wonderful dessert. The name escapes me, but it was a pastry stuffed with a sweet goat cheese and apples. Yummmm! We had a window seat overlooking the beautiful Jesuit Church and a very pleasant waitress. My only complaint about Domenica is that it tends to be noisy (the reason for 4 stars instead of 5). I highly recommend Domenica.Special Features:
- Definitely worth a visitJsfoodieDined on 8/25/2014We went to domenica on a quiet weeknight (and early) with a picky teenager. We all loved our food. I had the watermelon salad which was really good. We had the following entrees: lasagna, risotto and tagliatelle. I got the small portion of risotto which was plenty, a bit rich and filling. My husband and son both cleaned their plates. The service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2014We went here a few weeks ago and loved everything. This time the pizza crust was soggy and the service was awful. Our waiter seemed all about the table next to us and we were very much an afterthought. The shoddy service really affected our enjoyment of the meal. After our first vist I told a bunch of people how great the reastaurant was but I guess it depends on your server. I will probably go back but I will make sure I don't get that guy again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodABottleofRedDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed dinner. The appetizers were great as was the pizza. Entrees were also excellent although one pasta was too salty. We would return next trip to NOLASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum yumDLEquiDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I enjoyed our 8th visit to Domenica. We tried the eggplant starter, which was outstanding. And as always, the pizza was delicious. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza worth your last meal!AnnAsproVIPDined on 8/23/2014After having discussed what is the best pizza in the city, Domenica's special - squash blossom and goat cheese - won without contest. We ordered it on a curious whim, but were delighted and couldn't believe our taste buds. With the complex flavors and thin crust it took every ounce of strength to savor and not devour. The wait person who guided us was charming and not pushy at all but it might have been her compelling description that made our decision and we are happy about that.Special Features:
- Great mealKatieDined on 8/22/2014Domenica is loud, but the food and service are great. I've never had a bad meal there. Pizzas are good, of course, but the small plates, pastas, and entrees are noteworthy too. I love the meat and cheese board with the savory beignets. Good wine list. Our servers were very patient with my 5 year old son who was with me. They treated him like he was an important diner. My only complaint, besides the noise, is that the small plates and pastas seem overpriced. I suspect that's because Domenica is in a hotel and has a pretty significant tourist population of diners at dinner. Overall, though, it's a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BESTJbushDined on 8/19/2014Dominica is absolutely my FAVORITE restaurant in the whole world!!!!! I could not imagine ever again coming to Nola and not eating here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizzas & SaladEnjoyNewOrleansDined on 8/16/2014The clam pizza remains a favorite. We have not been in a while and they added a couple of Chardonnays which my wife appreciated. The restaurant will inspire to learn more about Italian wines.Special Features:
- Great findluv2eatDined on 8/16/2014Really enjoyed the dining experience. Food was amazing. Service was great.Special Features:
- Domenica DelightfulcheekykaliDined on 8/15/2014I loved every ounce of what I ate: octopus carpaccio, squid ink tagliolini, the fennel sausage and pork with salsa verde half-and-half pizza, and topped it off with peach cake with salted caramel and vanilla ice cream. It was all phenomenal! The drinks are small, but superb, and the awesome waiter we had was fantastic as well. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Domenica a hit!GritsDined on 8/15/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Domenica. After an afternoon at Galatoire's on a fabulous Friday, we were far from famished, so the lighter fare at Domenica was perfect. It's John Besh's Italian effort in the Roosevelt, so the walk through the truly magnificent hotel lobby is a highlight. Our server was wonderful and guided us through the menu choices and helped us build a pizza for two that hit the spot. The watermelon salad was perfect and the pappardele was delicious. The Sazerac Bar next door looked inviting. We'll make that the first stop next time. Overall, one of our best meals in a weekend filled with great meals.Special Features:
- Before game mealjmoore78Dined on 8/15/2014Booked meal at Domenica prior to Saints game that evening. Extremely convenient inside The Roosevelt Hotel and our third or fourth dining experience with them. Service was prompt, helpful, professional and pleasant. Wine choices were excellent. Restaurant was busy, full and active. My wife and I shared an appetizer of the roasted eggplant, which was outstanding, and fennel sausage / carrot and beet pizza. Both were delicious and well prepared to order. Waitress was very responsive to questions about passing dishes and general conversation as desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!Luv2EatWellDined on 8/14/2014Perfect spot for a foodie. Wish you guys were in the DC area. Your look and fell would work well in our region. I'd definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with beshNolaGirlDined on 8/12/2014Excellent seasonal offerings, great service and the fudge cookies at the end- to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodKeithDined on 8/9/2014Very good place to try if you're looking for something a little different than mainstream food. There are several "different" items on the menu that taste great, but a little different. I definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Pizza is okayLinusVIPDined on 8/7/2014Went on a recommendation. The pizza is good but no better than other gourmet pizza restaurants in out neighborhood in CA. The panzanella salad croutons were soaked in oil and made the salad inefible. The pappardelle pasta with the pork meatballs was also inefible due too much oil and butter that congealed on the plate. The meatballs were extremely salty. I would not go back nor recommend this restaurant.
- Good food; but too noisyChuckDined on 8/7/2014We have had lunch at Domenica several times and always had a great meal. Unusual selections with great appetizers. We are disappointed that Domenica has not addressed the noise level. The restaurant was still busy at 1pm and finally quieted down around 1:30. People must not be concerned with the noise....it was crowded! We ordered a pizza to take to our room for later and we were disappointed in the quality...almost no toppings, over-cooked (burned), and not enough cheese. This is a "pizza place" so why not make a great pizza for the high price. There are many other restaurants in New Orleans that are just as good (many better) that have a better ambiance ie Bayona.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best everway2goodDined on 8/5/2014The combination of flavors and flare of the food was incredible. Everything we ordered was fantastic.Special Features:
- Domenica 2014vacayDined on 8/4/2014Our server wasn't very friendly, and it was hard to get information from her (we asked about Happy Hour specials, but had to use our phone to look up the answers on the website because she wasn't very clear, it seemed like we made her angry, but that is why we came for pizza at that time of day); however, the Happy Hour pizzas (half off 4-7pm) was worth it. Cool beer selection too. We tried the Rebirth Pale Ale and LA 31. A few pieces of our pizza was burnt, and had no cheese on it, but the other pieces were still pretty tasty.
- Lasagna = Amazing!!!IndaBDined on 8/3/2014The food was outstanding. I had the lasagna - AMAZING!!! We had a large group, and we were accommodated rather quickly!! Will return!! The noise level is a little high, but we adjusted and had a great evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SachathegourmandDined on 8/2/2014Basically excellent but sudden chute in crowded evenings. Avoid Friday and Saturday nightsSpecial Features:
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014The waiter gave great suggestions for appetizers - loved the shrimp risotto. The clam pizza was awesome!Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceMichelleDined on 8/1/2014Domenica has a great selection of wines and the food was delicious! The service was also 5 Stars! A must stop when visiting New OrleansSpecial Features:
- Great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Best pizza in New Orleans. Good service. Overall a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Much shorter menuNOLADinerVIPDined on 7/31/2014Smaller menu, smaller portions, higher prices--we probably could have lived with the latter two, but the new menu was so limited that my husband was hard-pressed to find anything he wanted (and we've frequented this place and loved it since it opened). The somewhat picky eater with us found only pizza appealing. I had the small portion of spaghetti and chanterelles, which was delicious as ever but much smaller than the last time I ordered it. I hope the menu options will increase or I'll have a hard time talking my husband into going back.
- IndifferentEatinStyleVIPDined on 7/31/2014Used to be a gem. Now its a tourist spot with indifferent service (server forgot our appetizers - never wrote anything down), she was completely not into her customers. Food was good. Small portions are appetizer size. Food was good. Great cocktails. Service has been like this for the last three times and we have been going since it opened when things were fantastic and exciting. Menu is also very much scaled back. Don't have seasonal favorites any more. Its part of a conglomerate of Besh restaurants now - no one is paying attention to quality and experience. Good if you are looking for a trendy spot, decor and noisy spot.Special Features:
- Cold bread?BaconluverDined on 7/31/2014We were brought cold bread which just brought the rest of the meal down. It was hard and chewy. The pizza wasn't all that great and I didn't care for the fennel sausage on it. Finally the tartufo tasted like ice cream rolled in the whopper candy. Not worth the prices at all.
- Awesome experienceDweidt14Dined on 7/30/2014Wife and I had an incredible meal....very reasonably priced!! The roasted cauliflower with whipped feta was the real deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014From the moment we were greeted at the door we knew we were in for a great evening! The hostess and wait wait were warm, friendly ,knowledgeable, and accommodating.We started with the pate, best ever, its was served with puffed pastry fried in pork fat, all though it was tasty, it took away from from the great flavors in the pate. The waitress immediately exchanged it for the warm fresh baked bread. My husband had fresh pasta with basil, tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil. Cooked to perfection. I chose the Lasagna Bolognese, I was not disappointed the freshly made pasta infused with parsley was light and flavorful. The portion was generous, to my husband's delight who assisted in cleaning the plate. We will return on our next visit.Special Features:
- KateeatsDined on 7/29/2014Highly recommend the squid ink pasta. Delicious! Our server was great and have excellent wine recommendations. Very knowledgeable. Great find for our girls trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmospheregam3Dined on 7/25/2014This is a great place for authentic Italian food. The squid carpaccio is unbelievable. The Happy Hour is legendary & actually requires reservations, & it is well worth it. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodSmb1Dined on 7/25/2014I love Domenica happy hour. It is always consistent, the service is great and the pizza is yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the happy hour!restaurantvicVIPDined on 7/24/2014Pizza is alway great and the roasted cauliflower is fabulous.Special Features:
- garrepamDined on 7/24/2014Enjoyed a late lunch with friends. Everyone could find something that suited their taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD ITALIAN RESTAURANTPETERMEXVIPDined on 7/23/2014Nice relax Italian restaurant, inside the Roosevelt Hotel. The Pizza really good. Is an informal but nice place to have lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.