David's Restaurant & Lounge
802 Ash St
Amelia Island, FL 32034Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
David's Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ameliaislanddavids.com/
- Phone: 9043106049
- Hours of Operation:
6 nights a week-closed Tuesday:
Bar opens at 5:00pm
Dining room opens at 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Deborah Gold
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Private Wine Room at David’s is a luxurious setting for intimate gatherings up to 12 guests. You will be surrounded by rich mahogany and fine wines during your culinary experience. This is the perfect room to host an intimate rehearsal dinner, birthday or anniversary gathering. You will be swept away with the Old World ambience and professional service you will experience here at David’s.
The Banquet Room at David’s can accommodate up to 50 guests. It is the perfect place to host receptions, rehearsal dinners, business meetings or any evening private event. The room can be configured in many different ways in order to host your unique event just as you envision. We have created several banquet menus for you to choose from or we can tailor a custom menu to your specific needs. We are happy to help you with the details of planning your event and look forward to serving you and your guests. Contact our Manager to create the perfect event with no detail missed.
- Private Party Contact: Blane 9043106049x
Aaron Bing - Grammy Nominated Soprano Sax player - graces our stage on Friday & Saturday Nights at David's. Relax in the lounge and listen to his cool notes of original songs only at David's Restaurant & Lounge.
A word from David's Restaurant & Lounge
The ART of Dining! At David’s Restaurant we serve the finest seafood and meats available on Amelia Island. Our mouthwatering menu features a wide selections of delicious entrees such as Filet Oscar, Rack of Lamb, Grilled Prime Rib Eye, & Kansas City Strip Steak. On the Sea side Dover Sole, Truffle Scallops, Sea Bass & our Signature Dish: Mixed Grill Risotto. Our elegant presentation & experienced wait staff makes dining at David’s Restaurant a unique intimate dining experience. Attire: Sophisticated casual in the dining room, casual seating is available in the lounge. Our lounge is pleased to specialize in the finest wines, liquors and cocktails, as well as offering live music on the weekends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
David's Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Amelia Island ›
David's Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)romantic (88)fit for foodies (53)notable wine list (48)neighborhood gem (38)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (9)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Absolutely incredible!TNDivaDined on 9/12/2014This is not to be missed! The best seafood I ever had. The food was outstanding and delicious! Great service and a lovely setting. You won't regret having dinner at David's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeyoyoDined on 9/6/2014before dinner drinks with music in the bar. had a great meal with guest and finished the night with a excellent desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with Outstanding ServicePaulDVIPDined on 9/6/2014Wife and I visited David's for the first time and were very impressed. The wine list gave you a number of options and the menu was diverse for any taste. Our server was simply outstanding during our evening. My wife enjoyed the special with Red Snapper and I had the Filet Oscar. The meal was fantastic and it we recommend anyone visiting in the Fernandina Beach area to visit. Would not advise for a family outing with young children, but fantastic for a romantic evening out.Special Features:
- Will not returnSam9314Dined on 9/5/2014From the moment I heard "I am pleased to serve you" I don't believe I heard to much from our server again. I guess the joke about referring to myself as a redneck doesn't justify good service because our server was pretty much absent from there on. I ordered a Ribeye for dinner that was left on the grill a little long, but that is was still edible I'm not one of those people by any means. (Sea Bass was marvelous) My issue is one our server had a mentality that he was all of a sudden to classy for us and when I expressed my opinion on the steak he was giving me the "yea, yea,, yea" (literally) and then walked off while I was still talking. Totally unprofessional, and if any of my employees behaved this way they would be released.
- 50/50OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014My daughter and I both had the mixed Grill risotto and it was delicious. My husband and son-in-law both had the pink snapper special and the fish itself was terrible. Neither one could eat more than a few bites of it,had a metallic taste.Special Features:
- Great dinnerNOLAGIRLDined on 8/21/2014Here with my husband for a review class & tried David's. I had the sea bass, which was great. Well seasoned. And my husband had the salmon. We were very pleased with our entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David's - A Must-Do!BillPamDined on 8/18/2014The only problem with David's is that the food and wine selections are so wonderful that you might just eat and drink too much. Actually, this restaurant is a "Do-Again" for us, and should be a "Must-Do" for you.Special Features:
- Classy and inviting!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I celebrated out 7th anniversary at David's a week ago, and we couldn't be happier with my selection. Our server was very knowledgable of the menu and was very prompt in delivering out selections, as well as answering any questions we had. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- ExcellentdarthsteediousDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. The entire staff made everything really enjoyable. The food was delicious, the drinks were excellent and our server Marc was top notch. David's came highly recommended and we were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnermikethecloserDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I celebrated our 46th anniversary at Davids. The food was excellent and our waiter was a very gracious and nice fellow. The restaurant itself is very pleasing to the eye, but the booth we sat in was only "comfortable" not great. When the fellow at the table behind me leaned back, I knew it. Not the end of the world, but David's is striving to be the "best of the best" and it is very close. If you like really good food, expertly prepared, you can hardly go wrong at David's. They did a great job of helping us celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major DisappointmentFritzDined on 8/15/2014We have eaten here on two previous occasions and it was great . This time I ordered the veal masala and it was uneatable. The veal was what I would have expected if I ordered veal at a second rate restaurant. It appeared to be more of a veal cutlet, seemed to have been tenderized, was tough and full of gristle, and was overcooked. I called the waiter and sent it back to the kitchen. The waiter offered to take another order but my guests were well into their meal and I had lost my appetite. I allowed others to taste and confirm my judgment. The other three meals were up to what I would expected but this visit to David's was for me a major disappointment.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I were on vacation and were recommended this restaurant by locals and by OpenTable reviews. We started with the seafood ravioli and it was so good! The chef sent a small sample of the tomato mozzarella with pesto salad. It was delicious and I wish I would have order the full size. I had the Chilean sea bass which was perfect- about two inches thick and super juicy. My husband had the ribeye which was also perfect. I typically do not eat ribeye but his was so tender and really great! Our service was pretty good, a little slow but it was fine. Definitely recommend and would go back if in the area again.Special Features:
- Top NotchGreg1Dined on 8/11/2014My wife and I dined at David's during our stay on Amelia Island. Everything about the restaurant was exquisite . The decor was simply beautiful, right down to the glasses and flatware. Food and wine menu had a wide array of selections. Service staff was friendly and knowledgable. We dined on a Monday night and the place was full, so make reservations. I would definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantKevinVIPDined on 8/9/2014I went there with my girlfriend for our 1-year anniversary while staying at the Ritz Carlton in Amelia Island. We were impressed with every aspect of the restaurant. The décor, plating of the food, portions and taste were impeccable.Special Features:
- Not worth the visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Overpriced with mediocre food. My friends salad was covered in a carameized onion glop. Inedible. My curry was bland with six grilled shrimp tossed on a cake of jasmine rice. The curry was nearly tasteless. Crab cakes OK. Expensive wine/martinis. Not a good value. It is a nice looking place and the service was attentive.Special Features:
- Must do in FernandinaKelmerDined on 8/9/2014Beautiful intimate decor is just the beginning of the David's experience. The service is impeccable, food and food presentation a wonderful feast for the senses. Crab cakes, wedge salad, filet oscar, without flaw. Lobster was slightly overcooked. Wine was delicious. It was pricey but oh so worth it! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Dinner!RustyDined on 8/3/2014We were looking for a quiet, romantic place so we could relax and talk. David's is it! Unique and interesting decore, great(!) food and service, portion sizes were just right; perfect for each course with enough room left for dessert (always have dessert! :o)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible dinning experienceTomJax99Dined on 8/2/2014The best New York Strip I have ever had, and possibly the best steak ever. The service was exceptional. We have already recommended this to family members that we spoke to the following day, and I would extend that recommendation to anyone reading his comment. If you are looking for a great dinning experience in Fernandina, David's is the place.Special Features:
- AmazingBillieJoVIPDined on 8/1/2014David's is a wonderful find - easy to get to from the Ritz or Omni; valet or self parking and the restaurant is truly beautiful - such well done design and it adds to the ambience. The food was amazing - one item we ordered was not up to par; but they dealt with it immediately with no fuss or guilt. The wait staff was prompt - knew the menu and was very helpful. The food and choices were excellent. We had celebrated our anniversary and the entire staff had signed a very nice card - just very top-shelf! We referred friends there the next nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceRedhawksdineDined on 7/31/2014David's was a true "fine dining" experience. The ambience were totally unique...most comfortable! The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive, the wine list presented on the I pad was a clever way to present excellent choices, and the food was delicious. We enjoyed a nice filet and the snapper special, which was an outstanding piece of fish! If we ever get back to that part of Florida, we will not miss the opportunity to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hit!eatonwrightDined on 7/28/2014We were on vacation on Amelia Island and used Urbanspoon to look for an off hotel property restaurant. Read the reviews on David's and made a reservation within minutes on OpenTable. We showed up about an hour and half later and had a wonderful and extremely tasty meal and the service was the best we've had at any restaurant in quite awhile - kudos to Laura!Special Features:
- Great food and even greater serviceSC29715Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I dined at David's on July 26, 2014 during our getaway weekend. David's was a great find! The wine list is impressive, our food was fantastically prepared, and the Service was outstanding!!! We were seated at a quiet table in the back and the ambience was just what we wanted. The entire evening was great - from the moment we pulled up to complimentary valet parking through dinner and even after dinner drinks. I highly recommend David's to anyone wanting a great dinner with great service in an adult setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occaisionseasoneddiner2Dined on 7/26/2014Wonderful romantic setting. Great staff and excellent food. And service. Appreciated the extra touch of the congratulations card. I would recommend this to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place to Get Together with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014We all enjoyed our meal at David's. The food, service and atmosphere are on spot.Special Features:
- Love David's!GAfoodieDined on 7/25/2014This was my second dining experience at David's. Both were fantastic. Everything about David's is a class act. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys great food, wine, and service.Special Features:
- The best on the IslandtmsqamDined on 7/24/2014This is my favorite new dining spot on the island. The food and service was exceptional. The only issue we had was it was rather warm, don't think the A/C was working very well. I would recommend David's to anyone visiting the island. In fact, we purchased a gift card for my son and his wife to go here when they visit in August. Exceptional !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints26pt2Dined on 7/23/2014David's is always a treat! As good a fine dining experience as you'll find anywhere in northeast Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceDchanDined on 7/20/2014Great experience. Dined with a person with special food preparation needs and they did what they could to accommodate. Server was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!DelighteddebVIPDined on 7/20/2014James took excellent care of us. The chef sent out a complementary appetizer. We enjoyed great wine, food and dessert! We would definitely return with friends to enjoy a wonderful meal! The sea bass was some of the best we have ever had over the past five years.Special Features:
- Steak or SeafoodFredinFernandinaDined on 7/19/2014Great dining experience, my steak was prepared perfectly and served hot. My wife absolutely loves the Chilean Sea Bass, prepared to perfection. We also enjoyed a escargot appetizer, which was excellent.Special Features:
- Impressed!NativeDined on 7/18/2014I recently moved back home to Fernandina Beach after being away for four years and my first dinner out was at David's. The atmosphere and décor was very nice and the food was memorable - in a very good way. I had the lobster ravioli as an appetizer and my daughter and I both had the filet with scallops added as an entrée and it was all excellent! My daughter had the escargot as an appetizer and really enjoyed it while I found the flavor to be too busy and complicated - I prefer the classic escargot with butter and garlic. David's was a nice welcome home and I am so pleased that they are in the downtown area rather than on the south end of the island. I look forward to dining there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food. Great wine list.JackDined on 7/17/2014Crab bisque and crab cakes were incredible. Really good wine list with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor everything!Foodie1207Dined on 7/14/2014The waiter was polite and took our order. However, when the food came every single dish had something wrong with it. My mother had to send her dish back and the manager came to the table and was incredibley rude! The only positive is the bar tender is amazing and makes the best martinis. I will never eat here again!Special Features:
- CaptainCaptainDined on 7/12/2014Jill our server couldn't have been any more pleasant or attentive. The food was very good, seafood linguini was great, but a very large portion that I couldn't finish. Everyone in our group loved their meal and enjoyed the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome again!!!MoogsDined on 7/12/2014This is the second time we have eaten here. Again the food was superb as well as the service. It is one of those gems that make a date night fun, romantic and pleasurable. The Biloxi clams were delicious - seasoned well and a generous portion. The special Crab appetizer had a great presentation with ample crab. We will be back and have recommended it to numerous friends. Thanks again and keep doing what you are doing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aifinnDined on 7/10/2014Laura was an awesome server. Always a treat to dine here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughters birthdayMichaelDined on 7/9/2014Took the family out for my dsughter's 27th birthday while on vacation. This is a Great find. Wonderful food, nicely prepared. My wife had the sea bass, excellent. I ordered skirt & scallops. Great! Loved the place and would diffidently return. Would not recommend for small children. Highly recommend for adults. One couple or two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!LeoSacDined on 7/9/2014In Amelia Island the choices of excellent restaurants is limitless. I have to admit, when we saw the building that housed the restaurant we thought of cancelling the reservation and going to one of the more quaint establishments housed in an old seaside home. I am so glad we didn't. Of all the meals we have had in this week long stay or in our last, David's by far was our most enjoyable meal. The quality of the food, the presentation and even the quantity, outdid everywhere else we had eaten. As much as we tried, we could not finish all the food. We kept trying as it was so unbelievably good but just couldn't do it. So go light on the appetizers and bread because the main course awaits and you'll want to save as much room as you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BudbarbBudbarbDined on 7/7/2014We dine at David's whenever we get the chance. I always have the ribeye and my wife always has the Chilean sea bass. They both are so delicious but I'm sure the other dishes are as well. This time we did order dessert, Bananas Foster, and would also recommend it as well. David's never disappoints!! Don't be fooled by the plain exterior of the restaurant, it is a beautiful and enjoyable atmosphere inside!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceGolfGalDined on 7/6/2014David's Restaurant was recommended to us and it did not disappoint. In fact, it exceeded expectations and created a wonderful memory of the Amelia Island vacation. I would return again and highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features: