2611 W. 4th Ave
Vancouver, BC V6K 1P8Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://darktable.ca/
- Phone: (604) 739-3275
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 8:00pm; Firday & Saturday: 5:45 & 8:45
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Full Bar
A word from Dark Table
Already a hit in major cities like London, Paris, New York, L.A. & Montreal, blind dining is finally coming to Vancouver, offering a unique opportunity to experience dining in a whole new way—in the dark. An evening at Dark table will take you on a culinary journey through uncharted territory, where the familiar—food, drink & friends—becomes a wonder to be explored & discovered, as if for the first time. How it works? Upon arrival in the lighted lounge, take your time & choose from a first-class menu rivaling some of Vancouver’s best restaurants. When you’re ready, you’ll be led to your table in the dark dining room by a blind, or visually impaired server who has been trained to ensure your comfort at all times. Once seated, you’ll have the opportunity to adjust to the darkness & truly give yourself to this extraordinary experience. No light producing technologies are allowed in the dining room, including flashlights, cellphones, or luminous watches.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dark Table reviews from OpenTable diners
- A Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/21/2014I enjoyed dining in the dark. It made me think about a lot of things, e.g. how lucky I am to have sight, how awesomely well blind people overcome their lack of site, how your other senses are more powerful than you think, etc. I hadn't considered that my wife, who I surprised with this experience, is claustrophobic. She came close to asking us to leave in the beginning. She worried that she couldn't see whether the restaurant was clean. She just didn't get into the experience like I did. Yet, later, she reflected more positively on the experience and wondered if she had not just let herself "take a walk on the wild side." The food was good, and that was fine with me given the unusual experience that came along with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool ExperienceNM1989Dined on 12/18/2013Overall I would say Dark table is a unique dining experiences that forces you out of your comfort zone and try something new. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend. That being said. The food is not amazing and the portion sizes are small so you are definitely paying big bucks for the "experience" of the dark dining. Furthermore, the "starter" on the menu was misleading in the sense that it was just a salad rather than an actual appetizer. However the service was great and it was a lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for date night!dineoutyvrDined on 10/19/2013Two thumbs up! Great experience Service was awesome Will definitely go back!!!Special Features:
- Danger in the darkOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/9/2013Given that it is pitch black, I wouldn't recommend sandals, as the waiter stepped on my toe, and broke my nail, and my toe was throbbing in pain for the rest of the meal, which was a real downer. Food was mediocre, it was passable, but by no means delicious. However, I'd still recommend going to Dark Table once, just for the experience. I wouldn't go back. And the service was passable at best. We didn't even get a glass of water until our appetizers arrived, and we couldn't flag the waiter, as we had no idea where he was.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Step out of your comfort zone!CmpennDined on 9/4/2013You can eat, drink, and be merry in the pitch darkness of this restaurant just like you would at any other ....it's just a little hard to clink glasses for cheers and to reach over into your dining partner's plate to try a sample of their food, but that's what it's all about. Have a laugh. Feel useless and maybe a bit helpless at times. It makes for some good laughs and stories later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd but a great night out.ESPMaddenDined on 8/6/2013'Dark' doesn't begin to describe it. This place is utterly pitch black. Takes a long time to acclimatize (if at all). Food was good but not great. Service was pretty exceptional - but you will need a little help here. Suggestion is to go with a small group 4-6 people as it's slightly more chaotic and that much more entertaining than with two Have fun!Special Features: