2247 Professor Ave
Tremont, OH 44113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantdante.us/
- Phone: 2162741200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Dante Boccuzzi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: DANTE restaurant can provide food and beverages for any occasion and party size.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private party room seats comfortably 20 people. In warmer months the outside garden patio can be utilized in conjunction with the private room.
- Private Party Contact: Monica Ferrari 9176605334x
A word from DANTE
Enjoy Michelin-starred chef Dante Boccuzzi"s signature restaurant DANTE. Located in a historic bank building in Tremont, DANTE restaurant has become one of Cleveland's premier dining spots. The decor features designs and works of art from local artists. Guests may choose from an a la Carte Menu or a Chef's Tasting Menu. Experience the excitement of dining in the kitchen as Chef Dante prepares and serves you a multiple course tasting menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
DANTE - Best Restaurants in Tremont ›
DANTE reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (143)special occasion (120)neighborhood gem (92)romantic (87)notable wine list (83)hot spot (62)good for groups (45)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (24)late-night find (16)scenic view (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Food quality is very uneven.HavinFunDined on 9/15/2014It's a hit or miss proposition with the food. The appetizers were wonderful but my beef entrée was flavorless.
- Excellent food And serviceFoodwinelvr123Dined on 9/12/2014Had a great experience here with excellent cuisine and very romantic atmosphere- great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014My wife had the salmon which she said was very good. I had the scallops with pork belly which I thought was okay. The interior I felt definitely needed a makeover. The service was good.Special Features:
- deliciouskathDined on 9/12/2014The food was excellent. Everyone at our table thoroughly enjoyed it and it was just a fun environment to be in.Special Features:
- Dante is by far the best restaurantLaudee46VIPDined on 9/12/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Dante. Everything about Dante is first class, the employees, ambiance and food are all exceptional, and we just love it every time we go. We have been going every year for our birthdays, however, this time we went for our half birthdays because we couldn't wait! I would highly recommend this restaurant to any one who appreciates fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DawneviltwinfawnDined on 9/10/2014Excellent evening at Dante, great food and great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!!!nickDined on 9/6/2014Every bite was better than the next. And prices were just right. New Yorkers approve!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great tasting menu best dinning experience in cleveland in the past few years highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but we won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Dante's was not at all what we expected. The highlight was the fabulous bartender who was friendly and efficient. We waited 15 minutes for our table to be ready which wasn't a big deal because we weren't in a hurry. Once seated, our server, who was very nice, told us it was easier for the kitchen if we ordered everything at once, instead of ordering our first course and then deciding on a second course. We were hoping to enjoy our cocktails and then order. We dine out a lot at high end restaurants and my husband had a hard time finding a bottle of wine at a reasonable price. He said it was one of the most over-priced lists. We liked the originality of the menu and the different course size option. The food was very good.
- fantasticFredDined on 9/6/2014The Lobster Spring Rolls with the honeydew were unbelievable. Everything that was supposed to go right did--the ribeye was cooked exactly to order, the tasting dishes were hot and brought at the right time. Service was fantastic as one would expect at a restaurant of this caliber.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattygardenerpattygardenerVIPDined on 9/6/2014Chef Dante is a highly credentialled chef, having cooked with Charlie Palmer, among others. Perhaps our expectations were too high, and perhaps we should have ordered the tasting menu. But we ordered one of the few entrees available from the menu. We unanimously agreed that the food was OK, but just OK, nothing special.
- food great, service excellentlkwdgaymanDined on 9/3/2014I went to Dante with a foodie friend from Australia and we were both very impressed. She has worked as a chef on high-end yachts all over the world and is very particular about service. Dante is the only American restaurant that impressed her on this trip. We did the tasting menu paired with wines. The food was elegant, creative and ample. The wines were fantastic and a great variety.Special Features:
- Finally!TerriMDined on 9/2/2014We'd been waiting to try for quite some time and our experience didn't disappoint. Loved both entrees - duck and rabbit. The highlight was the pasta tastings we each got. Loved that you had the three options to order the pasta, tasting size (ample), appetizer or meal. I'd go back for the pasta alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in ClevelandMatthewtheConciergeVIPDined on 8/30/2014By far the best restaurant in Cleveland. I have been here several times and I can not say enough great things about it. The service, the food, the ambiance. Exceptional. Never had a bad meal here. They offer the largest wine menu and bourbon menu of any restaurant I have been too downtown. They offer a tasting menu for many of their pasta dishes. If you do not want the entire entree, you can order a small portion of it and they fit well as appatizers. I recommend the Ribeye as well as the Salmon. The Bolognes is the best I have ever had. It may be a little off the beaten path of Downtown, but it is well worth the 5 minute drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing.FoodieDined on 8/26/2014Bad service. Were out of several things on the menu.Special Features:
- Anniversary diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding annversary here and we Couldn't have been happier. We tried so many difference delicious items off the menu and with each amazing bite we fell more and more in love with this restaurant! The staff was courteous, friendly and accommodating and the food....there really aren't words to describe now incredible the food was. Thank you for a memorable anniversary dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be backDontevergohereDined on 8/25/2014The best part of our experience here was the hostess, bright, sweet and helpful. Service was awful, food marginal, at best. And management did nothing to really see that it would be better! It was our 30 wedding anniversary and it was memorable, only in terms that years from now we will say, "remember that awful place we had our 30th anniversary, what was it called again?" Sorry to say even though the food was comped, the wait(over an hour) for the food, the inattentive staff, and hardly any air conditioning on the humid night, made for the most awful night. My wife and I were extremely disappointed Won't be back or recommend this establishment.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Best meal I've had in Cleveland in 20 years! Being a chef it's hard to enjoy dining out but this was the ultimate! From taste to presentation to service. They had it allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanteDined on 8/22/2014Dante was wonderful once again! My girlfriends had the scallops, Mahican mahi and chicken dinner it was very good!Special Features:
- DanteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014This was not our first visit to Dante. The atmosphere was vibrant and the food was excellent. A great spot to eat in Tremont.Special Features:
- Best meal in yearsMrBoyerDined on 8/21/2014I had the 5 course tasting dinner and my wife had the duck. I don't normally order duck but it was included as one of my courses. it was outstanding. The service could not have been better. We have eaten at lots of highly rated restaurants all over the world. Few have met or exceeded our expectations. Dante did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again outstanding!HappyinMacedoniaDined on 8/21/2014We have dined at Dante's numerous times and have been disappointed one time ( I guess everyone is entitled to a bad day now and then). Dante is a genius with his combination of flavors; he puts items together that simply blend and compliment each other. I was concerned when he began opening other restaurants fearing the quality and uniqueness of dishes would dissipate, fortunately it has not happened. We have dined in Tremont and in Akron and both are outstanding; please do not ever change your approach to providing a unique dining experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious find!Stacee31707Dined on 8/19/2014Had a gift certificate so I took my sister as a "Bon Voyage" dinner before she moves to Florida... Service was great! Our waiter was friendly and attentive. Décor was beautiful! Gorgeous glass chandelier is a must see, and an old bank vault with a table for dining would make for a great special occasion splurge! I would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Overall ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014Everything about Dante surpassed the high expectations others had set for it. The service was both attentive and informative yet friendly and casual, balancing the overall elegance and comfort that Dante encapsulates so well. To say the food was delicious would be an understatement, but once again the true success was in its ability to be impressive yet not intimidating. I'd definitely recommend Dante to anyone who enjoys creative and wonderful food, yet gets turned off by overly fancy or self-conscious dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MMCCDined on 8/18/2014Eating at Dante is an experience. The menu options are utterly delightful and will have you salivating from the start. The food presentation is exquisite and it was truly a place where I felt I could go back several times and have a extremely different culinary adventure with each trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitorVIPDined on 8/16/2014Continues to be one of Cleveland's very best restaurants and provides good value. The pasta and soups are particularly outstanding and so are the wine and cocktail offerings.Special Features:
- Great food, and fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014A lot goes into making a good restaurant, and Dante seems to have it all figured out. It was not what I would call quiet, but we easily talked across the table without shouting. I would describe the atmosphere as vibrant, fun, and sophisticated. The food, presentation and service were all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as usualalwaysexploringDined on 8/16/2014there is never a "risk" in going to Dantes for a meal. It is fabulous from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4dinersDined on 8/15/2014Our first time at Dante's and definitely won't be the last! Our waiter Michael was fantastic and the food was outstanding!! Can't wait to come back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New venuediningWfriendsDined on 8/15/2014Took a couple that have never been there before and they experienced an outstanding meal. They liked the idea of the tasting, sampling, etc with their meal. This way they could mix and match entre's. I have been their before and I always have experienced great ambiance and great tasting meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste everythingCaptloriDined on 8/14/2014It was a great experience for a group of five since we could order just about everything and all share the various dishesSpecial Features:
- service way too slowKevinVIPDined on 8/14/2014The food was really good, but the service was incredibly slow which very much took away from the overall experience.Special Features:
- DissatisfiedLuvfancyfoodDined on 8/9/2014Apps (calamari and shrimp and the tuna tartar) were awesome, but second and third (linguine carbonara and ribeye) course were a complete let down!Special Features:
- Try the Chefs MenudrclincolnDined on 8/8/2014It was great fun! The food and service were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patioBeauVIPDined on 8/8/2014Never disappointed great patio, great food, great service. Stephanie is part of the great dining experience at Dante's.Special Features:
- Great DinnerJFab2612Dined on 8/6/2014My husband and I chose to do "The Experience". It's a 5 course, chef's choice tasting menu. It was a great dining experience. The staff was friendly and professional and the restaurant was comfortable. We look forward to dining there again.Special Features:
- kayveeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Ambiance hindered by noise level. Also, tables along the bench in the middle -- are so close to each other that there is no privacy at all. Other than that, food was very good; somewhat limited menu and wine list. highlight of meal was the lobster spring roll. Corn bisque also very good.Special Features:
- Wine & Food Perfect in every way!foodieDined on 8/2/2014We ordered the Food & Wine pairing menu and Katie made our dining experience very special. Every course was amazing! Expensive but worth every penny!!!! The service was perfect and the food experience was one of our top experiences in the world of dining! We dine at upscale specialty chef restaurants whenever we have the opportunity and Dante is in a class of its own. We loved that service was perfect and not stuffy at all. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food is perfectly executed and was incredibly delicious! I have celiac disease (gluten intolerance) and my food pairing was wonderful ( a lot of flavor and great sauces, unlike some chefs who think that they have to make things plain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticseamareDined on 8/2/2014Dante was everything I hoped it would be. The food was wonderful and the service was top notch. They were willing to cater to any food restrictions we had, which is so nice to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningstamandVIPDined on 8/1/2014Two of our five guests had never been here before and LOVED it! We sat in the front window table which gave us good table space for all the plates we ordered. We started with the Calamari appetizer then moved onto multiple different items in the different sizes which the guests liked. All of our items were perfectly prepared and portions were plentiful. Katie was our server who was personable and efficient. A shout out to Phil the General Manager who took my requests on wine and stayed on budget and brought us a few bottles we had not enjoyed before. Can't wait to come back.Special Features: