Da Vinci's Ristorante
27 S Pleasantburg Dr. Suit # 160
Greenville, SC 29607Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Da Vinci's Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.davincisristorante.com/
- Phone: 8642418044x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday – Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Carlos Echeverri
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from Da Vinci's Ristorante
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Da Vinci's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Da Vinci's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)special occasion (48)neighborhood gem (43)romantic (40)great for lunch (34)notable wine list (28)good for groups (21)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Pricy for appetizer and saladDiningpleasureVIPDined on 9/26/2014Appetizer was ample and very tasty, spinach salad with chicken was not well prepared or to my tastes. Price was high for lunch. Dishes could have been combined and price lowered. I will return, last visit was months ago and evening meal special with fish and pasta was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014I had the Mushroom Napoleon - the mushrooms were wonderful, also enjoyed the greens, however, whatever it was that the mushrooms were stacked on, was less appealing. The veal rollatini was perfect - loved every aspect of it. I am absolutely thrilled to find this restaurant as Carlos'cooking at Coal Fire was always my favorite of all the Greenville chefs and I missed it very much. I had heard he would be opening a new restaurant "probably on Woodruff Rd" but hadn't found it - so glad I have now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv4foodVIPDined on 9/22/2014Best Restaurant In Greenville!! Consistently Great Food And Service. Da Vinci`s Never Disappoints, If You Go With A Large Group Or With A Loved One You Can Always Count On Having A Great Dinning Experiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Greenville!DeniseDined on 9/19/2014Da Vinci's is truly the best restaurant in Greenville. You won't find another restaurant like this around. The food, to the service and setting are exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a mealItalianDined on 9/18/2014Another wonderful meal with great service from Michelle. Carlos you are magnificent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteCushingDined on 9/10/2014We were so please to find our now new favorite Italian restaurant. We've already been back twice in one week & brought friends that love it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great celebrationfoodworldlyDined on 9/9/2014We chose this restaurant based on other reviews that seemed to be amazing. We also love Italian--real Italian. Our occasion was a 53rd wedding anniversary and completion of radiation therapy. Two things to celebrate. This place is an awesome place to celebrate. The atmosphere allowed for a quiet intimacy that was welcome. The food is superb, the service is excellent. I had an octopus salad which was a little bit dissapointing, but the lamb entree was excellent. My wife raved about the filet and the gespacho. The desserts are worth the whole visit. In fact go ahead and go there just for dessert and coffee or the excellent bar. We will return to this place again. I know others we have told about it will go as well.Special Features:
- Not For FoodiesMayferdVIPDined on 9/6/2014We were very disappointed with the food. My caprese appetizer was very bland. It lacked balsamic & basil flavoring. For entree I had veal rollotino. It was not cooked correctly All I could taste was olive oil and the meat was tough. They should take this dish off the menu. My husband had a bean soup that was just ordinary, nothing wrong with it but not spectacular either. We had better tasting food at a much less expensive Olive Garden.
- Wow, Da Vinci's!NickHDined on 8/30/2014Our meal and experience was all we had hoped for, we found a gem.Special Features:
- Business Lunch - kudosBluedman09Dined on 8/27/2014Great meeting place for a biz lunch...would definitely come back - a gem in SW Greenville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In A Word "SPECTACULAR"luv4foodVIPDined on 8/25/2014I Am So Glad I Was Able To Attend The Pio Cesare Wine Dinner On Monday Night, The Shrimp And Octopus Salad With Just The Right Sprinkle Of Ceyene Peper Was Just Enough To Make Your Taste Buds Say Crazy- Delicious, But The Tuna With The Truffle Sauce Was Out Of This World, All 6 Course`s Were Amazing, The Wild Boar And Hare Pasta, The Veal Tenderloin With Truffle Mashed, The Prime Sirloin Au Poivre And The Passion Fruit Panna Cotta With The Nebbiolo Reduced Strawberry, The Service Was Exceptional As Well. Thank You Chef Carlos For Doing A SPECTACULAR Job...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Italian with some differencesKurtDined on 8/23/2014Very good Italian. Try the octopus salad if they have it on special, it is the best.Special Features:
- Great LunchloveitDined on 8/21/2014Food prices very reasonable, service was good, food excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing compared to reviewsFoodPassionateDined on 8/20/2014Our party of four arrived on time for our reservation, but the "table was not quite ready." The soft egg yolk ravioli appetizer was amazing, but the baked goat cheese was just OK. The entrees were all on the heavy side. Osso Bucco was cooked wonderfully, but so overseasoned (very salty) as to not be able to taste the meat. The snapper was similar; first taste great, but then the seasoning overwhelmed the dish. Veal Rollotini were very rich, almost heavy and I don't know why they were served on top of slices of raw tomatoes. Veal Kristi was tasty. The desserts were just OK, no stars. Service was fine, not outstanding. Overall, I can't agree with all the rave reviews. Maybe I just like my food prepared with a little more finesse.Special Features:
- Fantastic Authentic ItallianskygodVIPDined on 8/19/2014This was one of the best Itallian restaurants we have been to! Will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for foodies!Soccermom74Dined on 8/8/2014We loved it all, so delicious!!! We started with the pasta fagoli soup and the caprese. The soup was piping hot and quite tasty with the procuitto and beans. The caprese has a nice touch with a honey drizzle. My husband got the Rack of lamb special, and I, the SeaBass. Both Devine, we are still arguing over which one was better. The service was professional but friendly. We cannot wait to return. What a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv4foodVIPDined on 8/1/2014The Lobster Raviolis Special Was The Best I Have Ever Had, And The Bibb Salad With The Ricotta And Orange Crema Dressing Is Spectacular!! Service Is Amazing, Very Professional Yet Very Friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent luncheon for small groupDeliciousDined on 7/31/2014The food was exceptional and the wait staff was attentive to our party's needs. I will continue to return to your restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great italian foodFleasDined on 7/30/2014I think it is the bet restaurant in Greenville for italian food.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!luv4foodVIPDined on 7/29/2014Rabbit Ragu Special Was Deliciouso, And The Veal Rollotini With Arugala And Roasted Beet Oil Drizzled On Top Was Fantastic As Well!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticnick79mgbDined on 7/25/2014Party of four. Everyone ordered something different. All entrees were fantastic. Will be back.Special Features:
- Good FoodDragonladyDined on 7/22/2014Not crowded @5:30 pm on Wednesday (7/22). Nice ambience. The octopus appetizer special was so so as the 4 octopus tantacles were tasteless without the balsamic viinaigrette dressing - the presentation was pretty though (on a bed of mixed greens, thinly sliced tomato and avocado). The Caribbean lobster and shrimp were delicious, so was the veal kristi. The 2 shrimps were excellent - crunchy, not the overcooked shrimps I had for lunch (Shrimp Riviera) last week. Wonder if they were the same "Ecuadorian shrimp" and that the chef just overcooked them when I had them for lunch. Service was good. Definitely worth return visits.Special Features:
- Simply fantasticgastroaddictDined on 7/21/2014The hardest part of dining here is trying to make decisions. The food is so good that you want EVERYTHING. Luckily we had a fantasuc server, Michelle, to coach us along and ultimately split several dishes for us which allowed us to have more variety. What could've been a simple unremarkable dinner, instantly became a multi course dining experience. Great food. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendKat68VIPDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I had a great dinner here. Everything we ordered was excellent. I ordered the pescatora da Vinci . It had more seafood than any other restaurant. Sometimes, restaurants fill it up with mussels and clams. Not here- there was a whole lobster tail, a full portion of salmon, plus scallops, calamari, etc. Delicious! The service was also excellent- attentive, but not in your face. Yes, it is in a strip mall, but once you are inside, you will forget. I didn't give five stars, because I save that for The French Laundry, Le Bernadin, and places like that, but we will definitely be back here when we are in town.Special Features:
- EasyOnTheTownDined on 7/15/2014Everything about dinner here was easy. The staff was excellent, attentive but not hovering. We were there for a long lazy dinner and they were totally on board. We never felt rushed and the meal was paced just as we wanted it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gr8foodDined on 7/11/2014We celebrated a birthday at dinner . The food, service and ambiance were all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get reservations and enjoy yourselfOenophiliacDined on 7/11/2014If you like good food this is the place to eat! Was able to try a variety of menu items, and each one was very good from appetizers to desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch spotDragonladyDined on 7/11/2014The restaurant wasn't busy @11:30 am. We had the Penne “Da Vinci” and Shrimp “Riviera”, both delicious. The penne dish came out piping hot, the 3 Ecuadorian shrimps were jumbo size but not as crunchy as I thought they would be, perhaps they were a little overcooked. Plenty of bread to mop up the sauce. Service was good. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant!BettyVIPDined on 6/27/2014We Celebrated our 45 Wedding Anniversary at at Da Vinci's our Favorite Restaurant. Everything was exceptional, Great Food, Great Wine, Great Service, Great Friends. We absolutely love this restaurant, if they have the ingredient they will make whatever you want.Special Features:
- Off Night?OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/26/2014Da Vinci's is one of my favorite restaurants in Greenville but last Thursday the food was so disappointing I thought I was in a different restaurant. The pappardelle sangiovese, usually rich and full of flavor, was ordinary and dull, like leftovers reheated for the fourth time. My two friends, who both ordered the salmon al noce, said it was just ok and not very flavorful. Was the chef away this night? I am hoping this was an off night and the restaurant maintains its high standard of flavorful food.
- uhdaddyDined on 6/24/2014Our first experience at the restaurant, and we were well pleased. Both of our meals were quite good. Also, while not cheap, we thought that the cost of the meal was consistent with the quality of the food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST AROUNDHWG423Dined on 6/14/2014Da Vinci's is literally the best around. Not only is it the best restaurant in Greenville, it's the best in the entire SE in my opinion. My husband and I are foodies and I travel a lot with my job.. So I've been to my fair share of restaurants. This is the place we always pick when we want a date night. Not only is the food outstanding, the staff is friendly and helpful. They always remember us and treat us like we are regulars. I would also highly encourage others to always order off the specials menu. Carlos produces magic in the kitchen. You'll never be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurant!BettyVIPDined on 6/6/2014I had the Chicken Valdostano and the presentation was outstanding, the meal had a burst of flavor, everything was Excellent... Chef Carlos has a menu loaded with authentic Italian dishes and has created a menu that provides an Italian style of dining. He doesn't limit your options though as there are traditional contemporary bistro dishes and a handful of specials daily, too.Special Features:
- fantasticogastroaddictDined on 6/6/2014As we were married in Italy, we try to have Italian to celebrate our anniversary. In GVL many places claim to be Italian, but nearly all are American-Italalian, not authentically Italian. This is not the case at Da Vinci's. Chef Carlos has a menu loaded with authentic Italian dishes and has created a menu that provides an italian style of dining. He doesn't limit your options though as there are traditional contemporary bistro dishes and a handful of specials daily, too. To compliment the food, the GM, Kristi, has an excellent FOH staff, well trained and attentive. Kerry waited on us and provided better service than one could expect, very professional while also making it comfortable. Wine list accommodates all from wino to oenophileSpecial Features:
- Absolute gem! Reminds me of ItalyLPalmaDined on 6/6/2014I cannot wait to go back! Everything was wonderful from the moment we walked thru the door. Professional staff, beautiful atmosphere, and the food was perfect! I'm in love! :) already planning to return for special occasions and when family visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food and servicePetesDadDined on 6/4/2014Best Italian Restaurant in Greenville area by far. Many of my friends that are food snobs recommended this restaurant and I finally had the opportunity to try it. I am glad I did. I will be going back many times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 114 reviews are from the Da Vinci's Ristorante reviews archive.
- Try AgainIdmaIjanDined on 5/30/2014I have heard nothing but rave reviews for Da Vinci's and I was really looking forward to the experience of dining here. Shared the Soft Egg Yolk Raviolo as an appetizer. It was huge! It could have easily fed 4 or more people. It was absolutely delicious, although very, very rich. For my main course I had the Snapper Da Vinci. I was disappointed. I found it lacking in flavor and it was very bland in presentation. It was just brown food on a plate with some rosemary sticking out of the fish. However I will go again and try other things, as I saw many things on the menu that appealed to me. The service was quite good, but I felt our server could have done a better job in describing the dishes. "It's very good/popular dish" tells me nothing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceAmycyDined on 5/24/2014It was our wedding anniversary. We had stuffed artichoke, which was so delicious. I ordered Caribbean Lobster and shrimp. It was marvelous. Everything was so good and ,of course, the service was so good that we enjoyed a special, wonderful time on that day.Special Features:
- Another Great dining experienceBartnkDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I went for Mother's Day dinner. This is a very special place we reserve for special occasions. Not surprising, it was great as usual. Certainly the best around; if you are in the area you don't want to miss it!Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchSingerchefVIPDined on 5/11/2014The food was so good and the waiter was awesome. Thank you for making my special day so worth it.Special Features: