306 Pearl Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78215Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://curedatpearl.com/
- Phone: 2103143929x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday Dinner: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Steve McHugh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: On-site catering available in private room for 30 people seated.
- Private Party Contact: Dee Coram 9702095519x
A word from Cured
Cured – chef Steve McHugh’s first and highly anticipated gatropub opened December 2013 in the century-old building that once belonged to the president’s headquarters of the famed Pearl Brewing Company. This seasoned chef spent ten years in New Orleans as chef de cuisine for chef John Besh followed by two years at Lüke in San Antonio. Yet, his most sterling achievement has been beating cancer. After such a life-changing triumph, McHugh set out to open Cured, giving it a name that speaks to his feat as well as the artisanal cured meats hanging in view. It was with this purity of ingredients and hands-on methodology that enhanced his own healing process. This from-scratch, seasonal focus finds its to menu items like Sweet Potato Agnolotti with Bourbon Brown Sugar & Sage and Slow Cooked Heritage Hog with Smoked Andouille & Okra. McHugh has found a way to implement “gastronomic giving” by donating $1 from every charcuterie board order to a different charity each quarter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cured - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Cured reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (159)special occasion (96)hot spot (87)neighborhood gem (79)romantic (55)notable wine list (54)good for groups (51)great for lunch (43)vibrant bar scene (40)late-night find (30)great for brunch (27)great for outdoor dining (23)scenic view (17)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Outstanding!earlstanDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant itself is unique because of the concept as well as the building. The food was excellent. we ordered the flat iron which was grilled to specification and served hot and the Snapper with a unique olive crust which was also excellent and shared a mixed green salad presented crisp and cool. WSe shared before our entrees a charcuterie plate of Duck ham, a pork jalapeño rillouette and lamb loaf. as well as restaurant made mustards and pickles. Al were wonderful. We are looking forward to going back with friends.Special Features:
- Great Evening, want to Try Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Each in our group has differing tastes- and all were very happy with entree choices. It was the first time at Cured for us locals. Our server was excellent, the timing for our drinks, appetizers and entrees was superb. She did not interrupt, instinctively knew just when we needed her. She helped us choose wine, and offered tastes of her suggestions. A true professional! All staff were worked together, keeping an unobtrusive eye on the tables. The FOOD- works of art. The charcuterie we split down to the the VERY last bite. My squash blossom entree was delicious and visually appealing. That statement applies to ALL the selections. The portions were just right. Truly healthy & hedonistic eating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing lunch!TweynandDined on 8/29/2014We began with 6 delicious charcuterie items, then moved to salads, shared plates and finally tried three sumptuous desserts! We were guided by our very patient and knowledgeable wait staff. Every meal at Cured is special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Everytime!SAMommyVIPDined on 8/28/2014One of the best of the best in San Antonio. The charcuterie can't be beat and love the "Sharing" of all the menu items. Try it all- be adventurous! We have and we've been to some of the best restaurants from SF to NYC and Cured would be up there for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- innovativeinnovativeDined on 8/23/2014very nice. we enjoyed the choice of 6 charcuterie, the melon salad was outstanding! The beet salad was over salted and the hangar steak was mediocre. we had a very nice time, 2 bottles of wine and we all decided we would return on another occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply fantastic!Lissarie0503VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great atmosphere. Out server Elizabeth was wonderful. Host was very knowledgeable about the building's history. Food was stellar! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan in the Cured worldmichwhichDined on 8/21/2014Chose to eat at Cured as a special treat for family and friends. One of the best dining experience we have had - ever. And, heres the amazing part, as the lone vegan in our party, I enjoyed the most delightful and inspired meat free meal I have ever had in San Antonio. The carnivores were more than satisfied and amazed with every bite. Wonderfully human wait staff - Mark G rules!Special Features:
- Fabulous DateSeguinFoodieDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I are vendors at the Pearl Farmers Market every Saturday but we rarely have time or energy after market to enjoy the wonderful restaurants at the Pearl. But with our 13th anniversary, we wanted to treat ourselves to an evening of relaxation, fun, romance and yummy eats, of course. We were greeted warmly and interacted with several different staff members. Each was knowledgeable about the building, the food preparation, pairings and so on. Our waiter Macey was excellent and explained the menu to us clearly, answering questions and making recommendations without being obtrusive. The food and drinks were excellent! Our taste buds were very happy and so were we. It was a very special evening. Thank you, Cured. We love y'all!Special Features:
- Cured first nightJHF1Dined on 8/19/2014GREAT !!!! We had the app. plate with 9 meats & salads. will be back soon.Special Features:
- FantasticPartyJesusDined on 8/19/2014Had the Pre Fixe 3 course dinner. Everything was Amazing. Service was Excellant! Love Love Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burgers!RealMCVIPDined on 8/19/2014I've had hamburgers with a mix of ground chuck and ground up bacon before, but the burgers at Cured are fantastic! And the onion jam they add to it makes them even tastier. I've found my new burger place in San Antonio, I'll be back soon and often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cured cures culinary boredomhoratioDined on 8/19/2014The food is wonderful and cleverly presented. Service has always been friendly and good. It is definitely not a budget dining experience but at the same time a value. The Poutine is outstanding and 3 of us could not finish it. I would recommend reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ErnSADined on 8/19/2014We used Rwstaurant Week to our advantage! The Melon soup, po-boy sandwich, and cornbread pudding-with blueberry sauce and ice cream-was perfect for lunch! Food was phenomenal-I was full but not over full! Service was great! A mosquito was dive bombing us-only negative! Yes, is like to hit it up for dinner now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekDawnRVIPDined on 8/18/2014Ate at Cured on Monday August 18. The Restaurant Week entre was ravioli stuffed with braised short rib meat, heirloom tomato and mushroom sauce. FABULOUS!! The dessert was beautiful and delicious. They knocked this one out of the park. Ate with a friend from out of town. He was wowed, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentllove1313Dined on 8/18/2014Love the menu and the creativity. The repurposing and architecture is great too. Excellent mixologist as wellSpecial Features:
- Great Experiencesmdb01usDined on 8/16/2014The cured meats were pretty good! The wines were decently priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and scenenxr1Dined on 8/16/2014We had an early reservation on a Saturday. Seated promptly. Generally good service. Big error: served appetizers with entree even after I specifically asked to serve appetizer 1st. Waiter apologized. Manager came over & apologized & offered to comp appetizer or fix new entrees. So right results. Food tasty. Some portions small. Would return.Special Features:
- Movers and shakers....rockindinerDined on 8/16/2014Great location, with lots of "movers and shakers" from the local neighborhoods. Food was excellent. Very tasty and not "filling" to the point you're miserable. Great place for people that enjoy tasty selections and modest portions. Not for the tight wallet! At first, I wasn't keen on the noise level, but you get used to the fact that you have to speak loudly to everyone at the table. Our waiter, Mark, was exceptional. Obviously, not his first rodeo! We'll definitely be back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Cured offered amazing food and service and offered an expansive list of wines and beers. Elizabeth was helpful in choosing the perfect wine for our dinner and the Pork Cheeks "Poutine" was one of the best meals I have had. We will be back soon. With the ever changing menu, I am excited to see what will be offered next. Thank you!!!Special Features:
- Different in a great wayLuvfoodDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I were very pleased with our whole experience at Cured. The service was great and the food was even better. The menu had such original items that it made it difficult for us to select only a few items to eat. We didn't have one menu item that we didn't enjoy. We can't wait to go back and next time we want to try brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting!RaeHiDined on 8/16/2014Must go in with an open mind - there aren't many places with food like this. For instance, I'm a big fan of pastrami but I have never even DREAMED of pastramied bone marrow. (It was incredible, FYI.) Trust your servers and you'll always be well rewarded!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum Delicious YumthelambDined on 8/15/2014The whole place is awesome, to star off with the service was very good, stating at the reseption all the way to the server. Food was exelent well cooked. we could tell that we were for an exelent dinner when we got a salad, it was just a simple green saldad with avocado and beets and it was just superb. Well rounded place to go and have dineer with friend, family, or that special one. 100% RECOMENDED.Special Features:
- Mixed reviews.CookforfunDined on 8/14/2014I ordered the Lyonnaise salad expecting a good size lunch salad. I would have preferred to pay up to $15. and served a bigger portion This should have been on the menu as an appetizer. It was literally 3 bites for $10.00. It was delicious, but not very satisfying. My friends had mixed reviews about their burgers. Out of the six of us, only one was completely satisfied with her meal. Most said they would not go back, as they believed their meals were overpriced for what they received.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodemmaVIPDined on 8/11/2014This was a fabulous restaurant. It's largely meat but done in so many great ways- cured and pickled and any other way that's creative. Lots of little plates so you can order and try many different things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Our experience was fantastic all across food, service and ambiance is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, once again!klwozDined on 8/9/2014This was our 3rd time at Cured, and it was fantastic again! Had an amazing selection of charcuterie (chicken liver mousse, smoked duck ham, lamb belly), then fantastic salads (beet, mixed green, and watermelon). Couldn't decide on just 3 entrees for the 3 of us, so we ordered 4 to share (shrimp, foie gras, sausage, and wagu ravioli) - all were amazing! Even found some room for dessert, too (cantaloupe & angel food cake)! Definitely coming back!Special Features:
- FantasticSheaVIPDined on 8/9/2014Our server Mark was exceptional, welcoming to our young niece and providing great suggestions without being pushy. When you walk in you can immediately intuit that all the staff are proud and happy to work here. Inventive food with artful presentations, watermelon and crab salad was delicious as was the beet avocado salad Poutine has the be one of the best under $20 entrees in town, with enough to take home for two breakfasts the next morning. Eclectic wine list and intoxicating cocktailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing quite like itEurekathecatDined on 8/9/2014Growing up on north-European peasant food among immigrants in Chicago, I found all the pickled goodies, pork fat spreads and homemade sausages to be soul food. Plus interesting beers and cocktails, plus excellent service from Britt. Our whole party had a great time. We ordered lots f small portions and shared all of it. The fried baloney sandwiches are spectacular. It's not your mother's Oscar Meyer pink rubber on Wonder Bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeatandPotatoesDined on 8/8/2014Great service. Really good food. A very different and unusual menu. The Pearl neighborhood is unique and I think the best in San Antonio...and getting better almost daily!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okDizzydiningDined on 8/7/2014Lots of great reviews of this place, but if thought it was just ok. Charcuterie good, other lunch items good, but nothing exceptional. Service mixed - two different waitpersons, forgot to bring things - took quite a bit of time just to get ketchup for a burger. Interior ok, but "sink" used to keep water bottles looked old and was leaking. We'll try again, maybe we just got an off day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pig cheeks will never be the sameEMGoldstein84Dined on 8/5/2014We had the Farmer's Market vegetable plate which was a variety of sautéed veggies on a base of black risotto. Our second dish was the Poutine, which is a pot dish with Pig cheeks over potatoes an veggies. Terrific. I would definitely have this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful lunchOperettaVIPDined on 8/4/2014From the tin ceiling to the cured meat, this restaurant Cured is a delightful place. The home made crisp bread was one of a kind, it was perfect with samples of cured meat and pate. Reuben was great with beer brewed locally. Service was attention and efficient. Worth visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lamb Dish EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Everything was very good, but the lamb encrusted with filo was the best lamb dish ever. Melt-in-your-mouth perfection. Hope it makes it to your menu with frequency.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Charcuterie in San AntoniogabecigarpointeDined on 8/2/2014This place is awesome. Went on a date and it was perfect. Some minor issues, was a little loud and some awkward seating arrangements. But food was amazing. Excellent Charcuterie and the Pork Cheeks Poutine is a must. Service was great. Very attentive even a bit too much but that's not a bad thing. That deserves a generous tip. Will go back as much as possible. Pricing is fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Curedfoodluver58Dined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent. Charcuterie was tasty. Small dishes plentiful, great for sharing. Unfortunately our waiter was not attentive to us. Never refilled tea or checked on us once another waiter delivered food. Never offered dessert and if he had we were so fed up with his attention we chose to go elsewhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC Bday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Delicious and memorable from the first bite. Unique and unforgettable menu. Flavor combinations we would never imagine or even think to try. Will come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smittyDined on 8/1/2014Cured is located in the heart of the Perl Brewery complex. Housed in the old administration building, the Cured team has created a truly unique dining experience. The food was very good - We really appreciated how each item was presented with a variety of complementary flavors. I highly recommend the 6 selection Charcuterie plate for two people. I really enjoyed the: Smoked Duck Ham, Spring Onion Sausage, and the smoked veal-wurst. The beer selection is great and the bar makes a solid cocktail. We had the "Summer Melon" for dessert. It was different from what I imagined but the blending of complementary flavors made the dish truly memorable. I definitely recommend. Cure is a great place to start off an evening on the townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great new place at the pearlKristyVIPDined on 7/30/2014The restaurant is beautiful, industrial chic that fits in so well in the Pearl. Using the aging room for the meats as decor is genius. The service was excellent, casual but professional and her recommendations were perfect. The cocktails were great, we had the 1975 and the Cured, both fresh and light, lots of local beers too. The food was overall very good--especially the bone marrow-- but the charcuterie plate really stole the show. It was special. We chose 6 meats and then had 4 smaller menu items but I think next time we would choose 9 meats and enjoy more cocktails! Favorites on the charcuterie plate for me were the pork belly and pork pate, for my husband it was the duck ham and the apple jalapeno pork rillettes.Special Features:
- I am curedvodvoxVIPDined on 7/29/2014Second visit to Cured. Needed a foodie hit while visiting SA. Tried the gumbo (nice orca) , sausage topped with an organic egg and pork poutine. Lot of great food so don't eat all the fries. Cured againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.Bond2978Dined on 7/28/2014There was nothing wrong with my visit, but there was nothing special either. For the money, I'd go elsewhere. I was underwhelmed. Server was great though!Special Features: