306 Pearl Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78215Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://curedatpearl.com/
- Phone: (210) 314-3929
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday Dinner: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Steve McHugh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: On-site catering available in private room for 30 people seated.
- Private Party Contact: Dee Coram 9702095519x
A word from Cured
Cured – chef Steve McHugh’s first and highly anticipated gatropub opened December 2013 in the century-old building that once belonged to the president’s headquarters of the famed Pearl Brewing Company. This seasoned chef spent ten years in New Orleans as chef de cuisine for chef John Besh followed by two years at Lüke in San Antonio. Yet, his most sterling achievement has been beating cancer. After such a life-changing triumph, McHugh set out to open Cured, giving it a name that speaks to his feat as well as the artisanal cured meats hanging in view. It was with this purity of ingredients and hands-on methodology that enhanced his own healing process. This from-scratch, seasonal focus finds its to menu items like Sweet Potato Agnolotti with Bourbon Brown Sugar & Sage and Slow Cooked Heritage Hog with Smoked Andouille & Okra. McHugh has found a way to implement “gastronomic giving” by donating $1 from every charcuterie board order to a different charity each quarter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Cured - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Cured reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (198)hot spot (124)special occasion (120)neighborhood gem (98)good for groups (75)notable wine list (65)great for lunch (62)vibrant bar scene (62)romantic (59)great for outdoor dining (35)great for brunch (31)late-night find (30)scenic view (16)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Had a great time and culinary experience at Cured. Staff was attentive and food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Overall great experience. The service was wonderful and I was seated right away. The food came out in a timely manner. Gabby was great! However, I ordered the grilled flat iron, mushroom, and fries and it was EXTREMELY salty. Almost impossible to eat. I had to drink a glass of water after every bite. But everything else was so great, I felt bad about saying anything,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, terrific service, overall wonderfultextoddDined on 11/21/2014The staff, food and ambiance at Cured were wonderful. The only negative was a VERY loud, obnoxious and pretentious group of young men who were so loud we had to be moved to a more quiet area to even have a conversation. The staff was very understanding however, and made our experience a wonderful one. The food was amazing and their custom cocktails were great. They do rely on bitters quite a bit in those, which is not my wife's favorite, but she found others on the menu to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burgers!Foodie956Dined on 11/20/2014Omg, I've tried so many selections on the menu that are great. I happened in while they were transitioning from lunch to dinner and have only a few items available. I couldn't decide what to get and the waiter asked if I had tried their burger yet. I hadn't wanted to waste a visit on just a burger. Omg, I was so wrong! Nothing wasted, delicious experience gained! Burger is half beef and half bacon with onion jam and American cheese on a sweet bun!!! And did I mention some really tasty fries on the side too. Now my brother can't wait to go try it out too. Great experience and friendliest staff as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique menurjgcctxVIPDined on 11/15/2014We liked this restaurant but we are very open to unusual menus. I'm not sure all of my friends would enjoy it as much as we did. The building is beautiful and our waitress was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food at Cured, San AntonioDaveDined on 11/14/2014We went to Cured based on recommendation from our son. The evening was even better than expected. The restaurant was crowded with an active bar crowd but we were seated upon arrival. We ordered an appetizer plate of 3 smoked sausages which was very good. For main courses, my wife had a large bowl of excellent mussels. They came in an outstanding sauce with several pieces of bread for dipping. The accompanying French fries were also very good. I had the Lamb Loin which was very well prepared. It was served with sweet potato and greens which were both outstanding. Each was embued with great flavor. For dessert, we shared a chocolate cake with sorbet, diced apples, and crumble. As with the rest of the meal, the combination of flavors was outstanding. Noise from the bar was a little loud when we arrived but subsided after a while. The food and flavors which the chef brought out made for one of the best meals we have ever had. The waitress was properly attentive and brought each course in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good4DinnerDined on 11/13/2014Everything was very good and will be returning soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetTexasDined on 11/11/2014The southern bell was fabulous. A fun experience with cured and interesting combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A creative small plate menu and moreSilverSporkDined on 11/8/2014Visited from out of town on a friends recommendation and I'd recommend Cured to others. The charcuterie was wonderful. Vibrant flavors and properly dried/cured. Many varieties available. Additional small plates made for a creative blend of tastes and styles. Stylish decor in a well restored historical building. Pearl Brewery was a treat overall. Only drawback was the food was heavily salted -- expected in the charcuterie, but a little much in the other dishes. Will be back on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maforeVIPDined on 11/8/2014Outstanding food drink and service. We enjoyed the charcuterie and sweet breads! Oh, yes the best was the fried quail legs!!!The house cocktail was very special! We look forward to frequenting this downtown San Antonio restaurant in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyDiningDocsVIPDined on 11/5/2014Great place for meat lovers. Wonderful home-cured meat and great space. We really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Great FoodJaclynDined on 11/5/2014This place is in the most amazing building. The food was great too! We has a little bit of everything. The mussels, flat-iron steak, and fried chicken livers were to die for.Special Features:
- AnniversaryEnikoDined on 11/3/2014After reading rave reviews we chose Cured for our anniversary as much for symbolic reasons, my husband was recently declared cancer free, as for the food. We were NOT disappointed. The cocktails were creative, the charcuterie plate was wonderful and the overall menu such a great new addition to the Pearl. The plates are a little smaller than what we are used to seeing but given the rich food, we thought they were just right. While this was a special occasion, we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Delicious and so FriendlyzeckuaDined on 11/1/2014The food is delicious and the staff very very friendly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better at dinner?weegumsDined on 11/1/2014Been for brunch and lunch, wasn't impressed by the food either time. Had charcuterie the first time, wanted shrimp and grits the second but apparently they hadn't updated their website in quite a while so I settled for a burger. Which was on point except for the meat, which was overcooked and dry. Wife was very excited to get the chicken and beignets. Chicken was good but no better than we make at home, beignets were disappointing. Undercooked and chewy. It wasn't bad by any means, just not the quality that I was expecting. Maybe we should try for dinner? Service and ambiance are great.Special Features:
- I'm not CuredtamalesDined on 10/31/2014The lamb chops were a nice size but very chewy. The iron flat steak was very undercook even after sending it back once before and very salty. The tables are way too uncomfortably close to one another. Not worth in the $100 S. The service and the dessert will be the only reason I would go back, they are superb!
- Great service and food!DindinDined on 10/31/2014We had the best service so far! From restaurant manager to waiter to the bar tender! Everybody was very professional and super nice! Food and ambiance is great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting food, service lackingtealeaDined on 10/31/2014Would be fun for pre-dinner drinks and apps, not really much of a true dinner place. Our server wasn't helpful when asked about the various charcuterie items. We did luck out because they were all unique and inventive and most were very tasty. I probably will not return, mostly because of the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would probably prefer it at lunchmajogDined on 10/30/2014As to the menu, I was expecting more traditional charcuterie, instead there were many more modern and unique items like jalapeno or spring onion sausage. Then menu also included several non-cured dishes like a very nice “beer can” muscles. The beet and citrus salad was amazing too. A note, the food came out very fast. While the price was moderate and the food good I found myself wishing for 3 things. I would go again but more likely just for lunch based on the above observations.Special Features:
- Professionalism, charm, flavorGoodEaterDined on 10/30/2014I already liked Cured a lot and visit frequently as a local. Taking out-of-town guests made me realize just how special it is. We shared flavorful charcuterie and small plates, amazing seasonal salads, sipped each others' drinks and shared a dessert. The server knew important details about the ingredients and preparation of the dishes and helped us narrow down our choices. The building is gorgeous and historic, showcasing the Pearl's progress. It really was a special evening and my guests left vowing to return. Noteable for East Coast food folks!Special Features:
- EnjoyedLuckfamilyDined on 10/30/2014This was our second visit and we enjoyed the food and craft cocktails. Fun place to visit.Special Features:
- LunchFineDined on 10/29/2014My friend had the crab and it was delicious. I had the burger and was surprised. It was small and cooked rare though the patty was good. It came with a container of fries. Just seemed plain. I'll be more adventurous next time and maybe order the pork cheeks...or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOustandingDined on 10/28/2014This was an outstanding restaurant. I had clients from Minneapolis and Colorado in for business. They were very impressed with all the items on the menu. They tried food they never had heard about before, and enjoyed every piece of the whole experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamnEdSamnEdDined on 10/27/2014Had an excellent meal, which had interesting combinations of food with unique preparations. They were just the right size portion, so that you don't overeat or waste food. The restaurant architecture was a mixture of the preserved old bldg & modern designs, very clean. Our server was very knowledgeable of the foods, their preparations & ingredients. He was also appropriately attentive & had a very pleasant personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie heavenScottyDined on 10/25/2014A Charcuterie is a must. Try the Smoked Duck Ham, Bresaola and Apple Jalapeno Pork Rillettes as a starter. Love the ability to go small plate and share or large for each person. the Lamb Balls were excellent as were the Fried Oysters. For Desert the Parsnip Cake with chocolate and pepper ice cream was fantastic. I could not imagine pepper ice cream but it was creamy with just a hint of pepper. Highly recommend you take a spoonful of cake, ice cream and pickled pear for a delightful mix of tastes.Special Features:
- Loved it! Highly recommend.BetseyHDined on 10/25/2014I had the chicken and beignets for brunch. Exceptional! The lemon on the beignets and the jalapeno syrup for the waffles just really made the meal. Loved the building and the way it was renovated. Would definitely come again when in the area and will recommend to all my friends.Special Features:
- Touch of Europe in TexaskdinerDined on 10/24/2014If charcuterie means anything to you, then Cured will be definition of heaven of earth in San Antonio. Big, bold flavors everywhere on menu. Not overpowering portions. Gorgeous room. As frequent visitor to San Antonio, got to say: Town has growing foodie reputation, and Cured is certainly among the leading reasons.Special Features:
- buzzDeliciousdishDined on 10/24/2014We are an older couple who had heard that the food at Cured was terrific. Have to say that it did not meet our expectations. It is also overpriced for the quality received. The noise level is extremely high.Special Features:
- Luv2eatoutinsanantonioDined on 10/24/2014We will definitely be back and would readily recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family night outfamilynightoutDined on 10/24/2014this was our first time at cured. We had seen it many times coming to the Pearl market. My family with two young children arrive for dinner on a Friday evening although a little loud due to the happy hour and weekend crowd we were greeted seated and served. Some of the food food does require an explanation by staff. I had the tartare and beet pear citrus salad which was excellent. My wife the lamb spicy meatballs and warm pumpkin salad also excellent. Kids had cheeseburger and grilled cheese but it was an exotic cheese which a 6 year old is not used to...excellent fries. Overall a very good evening out at a restuarant not normally visited by everyone in SA. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SAdinerVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food was unusual but very good. Smaller helpings than the average restaurant. Service was wonderful. We go back to try other dishes.Special Features:
- service and friendlyness excellent!YariSamDined on 10/23/2014We had a great time! The spicy lamb meatbalks were slightly undercook and the waiter and headwaiter made sure they were cooked again and we got 2 free sangrías for the inconvenience. The staff is extra friendly and kind! The poutin is superb and so does the cured meats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014The hanging meat was fairly neat. We enjoyed it very much. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service in town!!LoveGoodFoodDined on 10/21/2014Cured's food is always incredible but it's at it's best with the fall food changes - YUM!!! Our waitress, Elizabeth, is awesome - great with suggestions and recommendations. It's clear she has a passion for her profession and does it proud. Always love the vibe if Cured!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic mealnyfoodieVIPDined on 10/20/2014Cured created a delectable and affordable dining experience. I was impressed with everything I had, from the 120-day pork belly to jalapeno pork rillettes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This ain't your typical SA placeeating2dayDined on 10/20/2014I loved Cure!!! Great atmosphere, delicious food. Our server gave us full attention. We ordered the fried chicken livers and oysters for starters...excellent! Then we followed up by mussels, sausage with duck egg, beet salads, seasonal vegetables. This is now one of my favorite places to dine in San Antonio.Special Features:
- Quite the experience!dizneychikDined on 10/18/2014It was very loud (we were sat close to the bar) but otherwise, we were very impressed. From the curing locker in the lobby, to the smoked duck ham on the charcuterie plate, to the wide variety of plates offered, there is something for everyone, and the adventurous palate will be in heaven. I highly recommend the root beer old fashioned and the waygu beef tartare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Between my wife and I we had four different cocktails, all well made and very delicious. We took our waiters advice on the charcuterie and weren't disappointed—you can't go wrong with any of it. Even the farmers market vegetable entree was great. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Really fun timeSAyummyDined on 10/17/2014Took a friend from Austin…always tricky as Austin folk usually think their food is better!!! Had a corner table so not too loud to converse and a really great waiter who let us order a bit at a time and really enjoy the evening. So nice not to be required to order "everything at once" because the kitchen can't pace otherwise… really tiring. This was quite the opposite and it was yummy to boot!! On our rotation now for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumDawnRVIPDined on 10/17/2014Friday night. Great - ALWAYS!! Good drink. Good food. Wish we would have asked to be seated outside. Perfect night for it.Special Features: