306 Pearl Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78215Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://curedatpearl.com/
- Phone: 2103143929x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday Dinner: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Steve McHugh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: On-site catering available in private room for 30 people seated.
- Private Party Contact: Dee Coram 9702095519x
A word from Cured
Cured – chef Steve McHugh’s first and highly anticipated gatropub opened December 2013 in the century-old building that once belonged to the president’s headquarters of the famed Pearl Brewing Company. This seasoned chef spent ten years in New Orleans as chef de cuisine for chef John Besh followed by two years at Lüke in San Antonio. Yet, his most sterling achievement has been beating cancer. After such a life-changing triumph, McHugh set out to open Cured, giving it a name that speaks to his feat as well as the artisanal cured meats hanging in view. It was with this purity of ingredients and hands-on methodology that enhanced his own healing process. This from-scratch, seasonal focus finds its to menu items like Sweet Potato Agnolotti with Bourbon Brown Sugar & Sage and Slow Cooked Heritage Hog with Smoked Andouille & Okra. McHugh has found a way to implement “gastronomic giving” by donating $1 from every charcuterie board order to a different charity each quarter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cured - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Cured reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (180)special occasion (111)hot spot (109)neighborhood gem (89)good for groups (69)notable wine list (62)romantic (60)vibrant bar scene (54)great for lunch (51)great for outdoor dining (36)late-night find (30)great for brunch (29)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Fantastic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/20/2014Cured created a delectable and affordable dining experience. I was impressed with everything I had, from the 120-day pork belly to jalapeno pork rillettes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite the experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014It was very loud (we were sat close to the bar) but otherwise, we were very impressed. From the curing locker in the lobby, to the smoked duck ham on the charcuterie plate, to the wide variety of plates offered, there is something for everyone, and the adventurous palate will be in heaven. I highly recommend the root beer old fashioned and the waygu beef tartare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Between my wife and I we had four different cocktails, all well made and very delicious. We took our waiters advice on the charcuterie and weren't disappointed—you can't go wrong with any of it. Even the farmers market vegetable entree was great. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- YumDawnRVIPDined on 10/17/2014Friday night. Great - ALWAYS!! Good drink. Good food. Wish we would have asked to be seated outside. Perfect night for it.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014Great experience and I will return often. Excellent food, but small portions. Service was second to none. A bit loud, but good energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Curedtxjerry2Dined on 10/16/2014Really great dining experience. Love the small plate way to dine. We tried a lot of things and they were all excellent. The cured meats make on site were outstanding. Great list of craft beers from all over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!!! Definately going back.CelesteEDined on 10/15/2014Skeptical at first, when I found out that is where my friends wanted to go. I am not a fan of sausage and thinking with a name like “Cured” there would be a lot of sausage. There is a lot, but also a lot of other great food. I was blown away, cannot wait to go back. It was great across the board, food, service, and ambiance! Our waitress made great suggestions and was very tolerant of our many questions. Their cappuccino is wonderful, put the lemon twist in it…Special Features:
- DisappointedhhillsfoodieVIPDined on 10/13/2014while the appetizers - the beet salad and the fried oysters were excellent -- the main entrees - disappointed significantly. The lamb was overcooked and the seasoning was off, and the fish was super salty -- ugh! they missed it on this trip for sure.
- Awesome Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We came here for our couples weekend and it was amazing! Definitely try the pork cheeks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Interesting place. A little bit difficult to figure out what is being served. We had a great waiter who picked out items that he recommended. Most menu items are served family style. Emphasis is on meats that are cured, not really cooked. All in all a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and enjoyable experience!chessguyDined on 10/9/2014Simple, food, excellent, the attention to detail and the management and wait staff....maybe above and beyond the call of duty. I have never had anyone that eager to please other than my dog! We were a hard group to please but they did whatever, within some twisted reason to make us have a great time. I will definitely go back, great food, great service and the manager, Wacey Jamison was very polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vdcddsDined on 10/9/2014Excellent dinner with a very interesting menu. Great infusions! Super service- Ask for Amanda!Special Features:
- special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/8/2014This was a different yet very special dining experience. Having the ability to try different dishes makes it a worthwhile experience.Special Features:
- AmazingLaVaismDined on 10/4/2014Great food that is simple yet very delicious. The chef brings out the flavors in the meats without over powering them with to many spices. Prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Mostly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/4/2014Ambience great, drinks great. Charcuterie was good, vegetarian plate was delicious ironically, gumbo was great, melon/crab salad was not worth $13, chocolate cake was great but the sherbet on top was not a good pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitLuckfamilyDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed drinks appetizers salad & entrees. The grouper cheeks were crispy & ever cooked for 2 of out group. Everything else was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Awesomectodd92Dined on 10/2/2014Wow...one of the nest I have had in San Antonio. Money well spent!Special Features:
- AMAZING!!LSUfoodieDined on 10/2/2014I recently went for lunch and had an AMAZING experience! The food and service were both phenomenal. It is a perfect place for a lunch meeting or just a meeting with friends. The food was excellent and our server gave us great advice on the options. I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meeting the meatJewelsDined on 9/30/2014outstanding. delicious. preserved and served into greatness. if food is our only true religion, then CURED would be my favorite cathedral.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cured?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/30/2014The cured meats and cured Foie Gras were really good and accompanied with homemade fruit purees. The flat iron steak was prepared properly but was really, really bland even to the point of being flavorless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different than anywhere else!JeanneDined on 9/27/2014Exciting that it wasn't the same old thing! The Nineteen 75 specialty drink was divine; the cured meats were better than expected; the waiter was most knowledgable about the menu; from the beautiful, old wooden floors to the high, decorative ceilings, the restaurant was a delight. We hope to bring friends next time to share the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always topsburnelDined on 9/26/2014Repeat visit and it just gets better. Food is amazing - creative & delicious - can't leave a bite. Fun spot, friendly vibe, attentive, knowledgeable service (Maggie). Perfect nite. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Took my fiancé here after getting a recommendation. It was great! We really enjoyed the boucherie and he LOVED his pork poutine. I thought my fried oysters were just ok and wished I had tried something more meaty. Our cocktails were really interesting and unique. Overall, really good dining experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, bright, space.MandMVIPDined on 9/26/2014Great restoration even better food. Cocktails are unique and well-made. They incorporate local distilleD spirits and house made bitters too. It's rare to find a place that cures its own meet, even in our native NYC. My husband loves their mear options. We both appreciate their well chosen mixes of local vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulPartyJesusDined on 9/25/2014I love lunching at Cured! April was a Fantastic server and the food is amazing! Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMelisaMontroseDined on 9/24/2014Thanks for a truly carnivore dinner!amazing!! Beautiful restoration in a historic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chefs are on track fo success.....CCSammyDined on 9/22/2014If your looking for a culinary adventure look no further becauase "CURED" is a foodies fantasy come true with lots of "AWESOME" choices....Try the Cured Foie gras on homemade Brioche with carrot jam and you'll see the light in front of your eyes and the heavens beyond........Corporate Chef Sam ManginoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!YoungcoupleDined on 9/22/2014Like all magnificent things, it's very simple. The burger that Cured serves is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just amazing.dkg210Dined on 9/20/2014This restaurant is just beyond anything I had expected, from the ambience right down to the dessert menu. The food was excellent and our server April was great! Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charcuterie Amazing!DiverDined on 9/20/2014Cured offered a great fine dining experience that we will definitely go back for. It was our first go @ Charcuterie & to our surprise it was delicious. Appetizers & entrees excellent as well. Great place to try new dishes as the menu changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just oksoftail69Dined on 9/20/2014Food was just ok. Service was slooooow. Won't be back.
- Date Night with my WifeFpadDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I had a great time at Cured the other night. The atmosphere, food, and service was above par! Thanks for the experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but could have been betterLanceDined on 9/19/2014Modern American menu makes this place less appealing. Price not worth the amount.Special Features:
- Different but refreshingfergustoriDined on 9/19/2014I've been wanting to try Cured for a while. Finally made it happen. The house cocktail was a new flavor to me, it could grow on you after awhile. The salad was fresh and tasty. The main courses were good. A bit more gourmet than I'm used to, but good flavors and presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- table turningbubblescastanoDined on 9/19/2014Place looks great but my guest and I were rushed through a salad, an entree, and a bottle of wine in forty minutes. I spoke to the manager who seemed defensive. Maybe not but seemed so.Special Features:
- ExeptionalPartyJesusDined on 9/17/2014Cured is Amazing! Gabby was Great! Everything is Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Experience!LisaDined on 9/16/2014I made reservations for an anniversary dinner with my boyfriend. The restaurant is beautiful, and the glass case containing all the meats is a brilliant visual centerpiece. Everything we ordered was delicious, from the charcuterie to the poutine, from the cocktails to the dessert. The waitstaff even recommended a lovely bar for us to visit after we left. We're very happy with our visit to Cured, and we look forward to dining there again.Special Features:
- TitoDined on 9/15/2014The ambiance was wonderful. Not too noisy. There was a variety , wonderful preparation & presentation of meats you eat regularly but not cooked so exquisetly.Special Features:
- Cured needs a cure1saltydogDined on 9/15/2014The food is really lacking. Our meal was very salty. The best part was our green salads. I had the Gumbo. It didn't taste like Gumbo at all. It tasted like it had been overly reduced and had a salty Dinty Moore Stew taste to it . My friend had a fish plate and she only ate a third of it. We both remarked how unpalatable all the items we tried were. We sat in the back of the restaurant which felt like overflow seating or large group seating even though we had a reservation with OT. There is a back door there and it was regularly being used, more often than not it closed with a loud thud that made us both jump on 3 or four occasions. The Pearl area is a gem. This restaraunt was a dud cause of the food. Service was good. But not great.Special Features:
- locavore's delightDoctorEpicureDined on 9/13/2014The emphasis here is on locally grown food. Menu emphasizes Southern, but presented in a very classy style. Nice range of options on the wine list. We sat at the counter, which was great--get to watch the people in the kitchen doing their thing. I like the patio for drinks and appetizers.Special Features: