310 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cuoco-seattle.com/
- Phone: (206) 971-0710
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday 4:30-10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matt Fortner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer 2 semi private rooms that can seat 10-14 people and a private room that can seat up to 24 people.
- Private Party Contact: Patty Jacklin 2069710710x
- Special Events: Happy Hour
Mix and Match our Cocktail Menu and our Antipasti menu for $8.
Every Day 4:30pm - 6:30pm
Sunday Night Suppers
Family Style Menu ~ $25 per guest ~ visit our website for Sunday Supper Menus
A word from Cuoco
"Cuoco" is the Italian word for "cook," and the inspiration for showing off our chefs in an open kitchen. The pasta work station is framed in crisp white tile and surrounded by warm gold and red walls. In addition to the featured fresh pastas, there are savory vegetables and other hearty entrees, created by our chef Matt Fortner. Semi private and private dining options are available to accommodate 12-24 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cuoco reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (63)special occasion (48)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (37)good for groups (34)great for lunch (22)notable wine list (17)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (14)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014Very expensive and very small portions. Food not that fabulous. Mashed up sardines on two slices of bruschetta $15. Hum.
- Winter eateryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/21/2014Cozy restaurant with very good wine list and pasta dishes. We love to eat here in the fall and winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow, overpriced, & unremarkable foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014If you like waiting for half an hour to order, having to consume a bottle of wine before your dinner of small portions and overcooked meat is served, then this is your place. I chose this Tom Douglas restaurant expecting delicious food and left disappointed. The ambiance was nice, but I'd rather have had a good meal. We took an out of town guest here and apologized to him for the ordinary fare.
- Great spot for lunchRodADined on 11/17/2014I've only visited this restaurant for lunch and I have not been disappointed. Good options and fast service. Make a reservation as it is busy due to being in the middle of the Amazon campusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful flavorskeithDined on 11/15/2014I had the pork chop dinner, so very tasty. Best pork I've eaten. My date had really good Nero Linguini. Very flavorful too. NIce list of Italian wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Our server Courtney was fantastic! She was very helpful in guiding us through our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom DouglasclteatsDined on 11/9/2014Except for Serious Pie I have been to all other T D restaurants many times. Cuoco was at the bottom of the list as far as I'm concerned. I do love good Italian food so it's not about food type. I guess in a nutshell I think it was over priced for what was delivered food wise and the service was only mediocre. It was disappointing. I was rather excited to go there when I found it on line. My wife loves Italian food, I have always liked T D restaurants. I was surprised that I hadn't heard of it before. I did a search looking for a nice place that I hadn't been before for our anniversary. I should have gone somewhere else.Special Features:
- Eh, too expensive for what you geteggsnhmDined on 11/8/2014I chose Cuoco primarily for it's South Lake Union location, because I was meeting a friend from out of town who was staying in the neighborhood. However, shortly after we arrived, they turned the lights down so low that it was difficult to see one another. Also, while the food was tasty, it didn't blow me out of the water. What did blow me out of the water was the fact that for the price of the meal -- $25, they expected me to purchase my vegetables and starches separately, for an additional $8.00 each. I know that Tom Douglass is a Seattle food icon, but although the service was excellent, it was the only part of our experience that wasn't a disappointment. This really missed the mark for me.
- Great Date SpotJackarooDined on 11/8/2014Loved the vibe & food at Cuoco. Started with the pork belly & grilled octopus app (amazing) and couldn't wait for the lamb tortellini....and gobbled it down like I hadn't eaten for days. Rich, delicious comfort food. The fresh made pasta melts on your tongue while the lamb ragu coats your mouth in rich flavor-poppin satisfaction. My girlfriend's spot shrimp risotto was a well-crafted mix of sea and pasta. Shrimp was perfectly cooked and the shrimp broth was subtly introduced into the creaminess of the not-to-mushy risotto. We'll go back for sure! Finish dinner with the over-indulgence of the coconut cream pie. Worth the extra calories.Special Features:
- Wonderful food!FairmountdinerVIPDined on 11/4/2014We were visiting our niece in Seattle for a few days and she recommended that we all dine at Cuoco. The food was absolutely fabulous. There were six of us at dinner, and everyone loved everything they ordered. My wife said that the chestnut papardelle she ordered was one of the best pasta dishes she's ever had anywhere - including in Rome and Florence! And the prices were reasonable for such a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spotMECADined on 10/31/2014Cuoco's has a nice fixed menu during the week - Pick of 2 out of 3 choices (appetizer, main dish and dessert) for $15. reasonable portions and enough of a selection that it was actually a bit hard to choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious ExperienceSewMoMoDined on 10/28/2014I was very pleased with our dining experience at cuoco. The meal was different and delicious, and I was very pleased with the noise level -- easy to have a conversation at our table without hearing the one next to us. Lovely setting and lively, but not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We chose this restaurant for a small group(6) 50th birthday celebration. Farm to table was important. Food was delicious, noise level was fine for a smaller sized group. Wait staff was attentive and well informed on both food and drink pairings. Overall enjoyed our experience and would come again. Thanks!Special Features:
- Always enjoy CuocoJennaSophiaVIPDined on 10/23/2014Once again we had Jocelyn as our server. She is fabulous, ask to be seated in her section. The food wasn't so much to my liking as it was the last few times I was there. It could have been because we ordered from the "Restaurant Week" menu. We lucked out though because we were able to order off the regular dessert menu and get the Cuoco Coconut Cream Pie. If nothing else, get that. Yum!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First rateRichardDined on 10/22/2014As always, first rate. Food, service, ambiance. Tom Douglas does it right.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014The main entrées used to be very good even if the portions were small. Now it is same as going to any other $$ price restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOOD, SLOW SERVICE.seattlemomDined on 10/17/2014Great restaurant in Amazon country. Food is good and somewhat reasonable, but the service for six on the first day we visited was pretty mediocre. Arrived at noon and served at almost 1. Not sure if Tom Douglas is cutting back on servers due to the increase in minimum wage but it shows.Special Features:
- expensive paniniOverpricedDined on 10/16/2014I met a friend for lunch here and ordered the daily special for Thursday, which was an eggplant panini, side salad, and blood orange cream soda. The soda was the highlight of the meal. It wasn't too sweet and had the right amount of cream and fizz. The panini was drenched in butter and kind of greasy. Every time I picked it up for a bite, my hands were coated with butter. The eggplant was soggy and flavor combination with the cheese was fine, but not very memorable. I think my expectations were set high when I saw a $15 panini on the menu and was somewhat disappointed. The salad was very simple, and nothing special, but good. I just don't think the sandwich and salad was worth the $15.00 price.
- Good handmade foodLiketoeatDined on 10/11/2014We made a reservation but still had to wait a bit to get a table. Food was rather expensive for the portion you get but it definately made up for it with the taste. The pasta was handmade and was bursting with flavor. They don't normally do free refills on drinks but the waitress was nice and brought us another handmade lemonade anyway. They ran out of the desert we ordered but comped us on another one and it was also delicious. All in all it was a good experience and i would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfanDined on 10/10/2014We went with out-of-town friends; our first visit to Cuoco. The food was delicious; each of us loved our entree. Service was quite slow, but very congenial; they gave us each a free dessert (without our having said anything about the wait).Special Features:
- Delicious!ShellsDined on 9/27/2014Had a lovely dinner the other night. Service and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quick lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014I took a candidate for lunch here. Took forever to get service and we only had an hour, but once the food arrived it was delicious! Overall, it was good, the reason why I gave a 2 is because they use OpenTable, as do I, and failed to enter my points when I checked in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet lunch spot in SLU62253Dined on 9/25/2014Great spot for a quiet business lunch in South Lake Union, you can hold a conversation without fear of being overheard. The food is good, a little mroe upscale than most spots close by which is why we like it. You can depend on a good mean every time.
- Need better servicetablefor2plsVIPDined on 9/10/2014Good location, walking distance from where we were staying, had to check it out, other reviewers had indicated their poor quality (slow and no attentive) service, well they were right! The waiter offered bread, but we had to waive him three times to ask for th e bread, still it arrived only with the food, I did convince my wife that it worked out well, we end up eating more good food! The black cod was fantastic.Special Features:
- Appetizers, for surefoxlerouxDined on 9/8/2014Appetizers outstanding: the beets were a big hit and the salumi and beef tongue plates were excellent. Main courses also good. Service was a nice combination of casual and professional. Wine list small but offered good choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmeliaDined on 9/5/2014I was a little disappointed in the food but perhaps we should have chosen different items. The arancini with the fresh tomatoes' sauce was great. I had the chicken ravioli with chard. I thought it a little too salty and soggy .My husband had the mussels with pasta. I sampled a little and the broth lacked taste . Service was excellent.Special Features:
- TequilaSlimDined on 8/30/2014I took my wife to Cuoco for her birthday dinner. The restaurant has a nice feel to it, very well adorned and quietly fun. The whole dining experience was very pleasant from reservations being taken to paying the bill. The server upon greeting us wished my wife a happy birthday which was not a pre-conceived idea on my part. A very nice touch. The server was very attentive and patient and very willing to help my non-foodie wife with the menu. The food was excellent, served in a timely manner and presented very well. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceSteveDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good, as was the service. We had the meatball appetizer (exceptional), bib salad, flank steak and a small tortellini like pasta dish. All were high quality. The waiter was very attentive, despite some earlier reviews that service was spotty. We brought a special bottle of wine; the $15 corkage is one of the lowest in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSeattlefriendDined on 8/23/2014We had a lovely evening and great food. It's a beautiful restaurant and extremely friendly and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy HourSeattlenoobDined on 8/23/2014We made reservations for a small party for happy hour (4:30-6PM) on a Saturday. There was ample space outside with both sun & shade, drinks ranged from cocktail concoctions in the 7-8$ range, to 2$ 12oz Raineers. Our wait staff was incredible and suggested some delicious appetizers (fried blue cheese-stuffed green olives!?). To top it off they brought by a desert menu so we could pick an complimentary desert for our birthday gal. Great restaurant!Special Features:
- First TripRslinsfDined on 8/17/2014All exceptional. Very welcoming and comfortable setting. Terrific menu ... enough options without excessive complication. Our waiter was a consummate pro. Best I've encountered in Seattle. The meal was just about perfect. Great salad. Beautiful meat and cheese plate. My lasagna was one of the best I've eaten. The sauce was perfect. Nice gelato desert. Excellent wines throughout. Overall, the meal was expensive but worth every cent. I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graeat food!PaveDined on 8/12/2014The food was amazing but the service was slow. The best part was dessert. Yum!c:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- losing iteasyDined on 8/10/2014Not that great anymore, felt pressure to spend more which really turns me off. Worst Tom Douglas experience I ever had.Special Features:
- Love this place :-)!!jmrmodeDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I love Tom Douglas and we have been on a food crawl in all his restaurants. This was our 3rd restaurants is the night and we had drinks and dessert. So good! Love the ambiance. The low lighting, the music, the area. Will definitely come again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great serviceHenrysmom1Dined on 8/1/2014We have been here many times and the food is always terrific. Delicious pasta and great fresh ingredients. The setting is pretty and cozy. Usually the service is good too, but we have had the same waiter twice now and he was innatentive, brusque, and unprofessional. It really does affect the overall experience. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CuocoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Disappointing, lackluster food. Plus, our server disappeared and never returned. Next time, I'll go to one of Tom Douglas' other restaurants: The dependable Lola's, Serious Pie, or Tanakasan (avoid the horrible and horrible-smelling Seatown).Special Features:
- CuocoCarNoVoreDined on 7/26/2014Don't go there late in evening We had a 9:00 reservation We ate some appetizers and Main course Dessert menu given No order taken Chefs left Not niceSpecial Features:
- The following 683 reviews are from the Cuoco reviews archive.
- Thank you Cuoco (and Tom Douglas)norakozVIPDined on 7/25/2014I have been seriously gluten intolerant for more than 30 years and, although in recent years there is more awareness, it is still hard to find a restaurant that is confident and competent enough to accommodate me. Before calling Cuoco, I was basically dismissed by two other restaurants who were not willing to try accommodate my degree of sensitivity. In contrast, Cuoco's staff was sure they could do it--and they did very well: the food was delicious and safe. I ordered dishes that were naturally gluten free, of which there was a generous selection. My beet, arugula and pistachio salad and the grilled pork tenderloin, chickpea puree, baby artichokes entree were great. We enjoyed it so much the first time, we brought friends back with us.Special Features:
- SatisfyingtravelgirlDined on 7/18/2014Cuoco delivered a perfect dining experience. The ambiance is warm and inviting. The menu supports both the happy hour diner and offers lovely choices for dinner. The service was attentive. I had the bibb salad with hazelnuts which was executed perfectly. The Cappelletti was unbelievably flavorful. I will happily return to Cuoco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time herepatmrhoadsDined on 7/17/2014Wife and I sat in the bar and had some good food, good drinks, and even better service. Definitely a new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.