1 Olympic Pl
Towson, MD 21204Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cunninghamstowson.com/
- Phone: 4103397730x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00 pm
Monday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Herrmann
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
A word from Cunningham's
Cunningham’s is a seasonal American grille that blends the modern atmosphere of city dining with the rustic, smoky flavors of the countryside. Using a wood-fired grill and brick oven, we provide guests with dishes created from the freshest seasonal and local ingredients possible. We believe that an excellent dining experience is built on thoughtful, attentive service and sourcing product that are grown and crafted responsibly. Each of these aspects contributes to our mission of providing our guests with an unmatched dining experience. We hope that you will visit us soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cunningham's - Best Restaurants in Towson ›
Cunningham's reviews from OpenTable diners
298 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (158)special occasion (146)neighborhood gem (109)notable wine list (92)good for groups (70)romantic (69)vibrant bar scene (67)great for outdoor dining (66)hot spot (53)great for brunch (35)late-night find (19)scenic view (16)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- service badOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Horrible service.waited for our food. Had an employee eating there that got better service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014This was my first visit to Cunningham's...food and service excellent...liked the ambiance as well. Will most definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2014very disappointed in alot of things. not my first time but probably my last especially since the owner of bagby's was so awful mowing down someone's income.............
- She SheWeekenddinerDined on 8/23/2014It was hard to find anything I wanted on the menu. The menu is small. There is not a decent appetizer salad on the menu. The bar is beautiful as is the restaurant. Valet parking is great. Service was okay. If their menu were changed with a good Ceasar Salad and some great steaks it could be a winner.
- Was hoping it would be great, but -OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014Disappointing. Staff nice. However, for the prices, too much not right and it was not a busy night. Basic martinis at the bar took way too long. We wanted to drink a celebratory toast and from the time the first drink was delivered, it was 10 minutes longer before the 4 of us had our drinks. Waiter, very green. Didn’t check during meal to see how things were. Food fine but, though extremely tender and juicy, my chop tasted like it had been brined and then salted on top of that. It and accompanying greens were TOO salty. Desserts ordered, one missing. Told that coffee was being brewed and would be 5 min. 15 min. passed and we had to ask for it again and never offered refills. No sign of a manager greeting tables to see how things were.
- Super goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014I have been to Cunningham's a number of times. Each and every time has been a reallypleasant experience. The wait service is excellent, attentive ,but not overbearing. The food is presented beautifully and tastes as good as it looks. The whole atmosphere of Cunningham's is relaxed;no one urges youtomove on when dinner was complete. If one wants to chat for a while, no one interferes. Allinall,it is a treat to go to Cunningham's.Special Features:
- Our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014This was our first visit and enjoyed it. Finding the valet and figuring out the elevator was a little confusing. Decided to go with the Restaurant Week menu and as I like gazpacho, decided to start with the cold cucumber soup and really enjoyed it. The flat iron steak was good but not quite to the temperature I ordered and sliced a bit thick. My husband had fish that he enjoyed but was a bit over priced (he didn't go with the special menu). Desserts were delicious and rich. Service was a bit inexperienced but did a good job. All in all a good meal and nice ambience, would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulHopieDined on 8/23/2014Ambience, food, and service were totally in balance which created a most enjoyable dining experience. Such a beautiful and upliffting environment, the food was artfully plated and delicious -- great menu, and the service from Chris and your staff was outstanding! From the moment we entered Cunningham's we seemed to have the staff's attention. This restaurant is a most needed and wonderful addition to the Towson dining scene. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service! Decent foodSNBmd2013VIPDined on 8/22/2014Waiter forgot our drinks; good was brought out before we finished appetizers; water was not refilled! Hostess was pushy about cleaning off the table indicating we should leave . Would not go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problem Parking, Bad DirectionstigerDined on 8/21/2014The directions on their web site were second left turn off Dulaney Valley road, but that leads to a shopping center. I originally telephoned the restaurant for a reservation so I could also get directions but had to leave a message and was told the restaurant would call back. The return call came the day after we had dinner there. We were told that there was valet parking but no valets were in sight when we arrived. We ended up parking about half a mile away. However, the food and wine were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and energy!JJackDined on 8/20/2014We are never disappointed with Cunningham's, well worth the 45 minutes from York, PA. We love the creative menu, the sleek decor, the lively and helpful waitstaff, the convenient parking, the interesting wine list. We'll continue bringing our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Very poor service. Lamb shank was terrible and so was the mushroom entree. Too much attention on refilling water then waitress service.Special Features:
- Great food!!bosinniaDined on 8/20/2014The food was outstanding, especially the cold cucumber soup with crab!! All of the dishes at our table had marvelous presentations and were cooked perfectly. We had no complaints and only compliments for all of the dishes, especially the desserts!! The service was good, but my water and iced tea glasses were empty for a few minutes before they were refilled. The décor is inviting, and it's interesting that the servers all wear jeans. Our server also worked at Cunningham Farms, and it was interesting talking to her about her experiences and the farm to table concept. We will be back!!Special Features:
- BreckinridgeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our server was great; the restaurant is beautiful. It's the 2nd time we've been to Cunningham's and had problems with how long it takes to get the food and the 2nd time the manager gave us dessert to make up for the time waiting. The food is so salty it's almost uneatable.Special Features:
- sheknitDined on 8/16/2014The food and service were excellant. My husband ordered a cucumber soup which he did not like. Our waitress took it back and brought him something else. they were very accommadating. Would highly recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place for all ages.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We have a friend who went to Cunningham's for drinks and stayed for dinner and enjoyed it. We went to participate in Restaurant Week and found the menu to be varied and interesting. The regular menu offered a wide range of items that look good, as well, so we will likely return in the future, perhaps to celebrate our birthdays. The servers were attentive without being intrusive. A very good experience. Thanks.Special Features:
- Outdoor DiningTSquaredDined on 8/15/2014Great outdoor dining experience. Could hear the Feet on the Street music but not overwhelming. Pleasant server and food was well prepared. Still need to sync the servers and bar, getting drinks too WAY too long.Special Features:
- Great Food. Needs Work.FoodieJimDined on 8/15/2014The food was outstanding; the service not so much. There were long stretches where we had no visit from our server who was assigned to our inside table as well as tables outside. Our dinner plates remained on the table for at least 15 minutes after we finished our meal. After that we had no interaction (such as "Would you like coffee?" "Would you like dessert?") until I flagged down one of two managers who themselves were waiting tables. Clearly, additional wait or bus staff is required. The manager did comp the desserts and coffee. A minor point, but for a place of this caliber maybe not so minor, the wait staff's uniform of shirt, vest, and jeans, does not fit with the slick Manhattan-like décor; more suitable to Shoo Fly Diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely find!HappydinerDined on 8/14/2014Recommended by a friend- I wanted to have a special dinner in a new place-and it was a wonderful meal followed by a drink outside the bar on the patio. Quiet on a Thursday night, I suspect very busy on the weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The chicken was amazing! Great service, the restaurant was very cold and decreased the dining experience but made for a good reason to drink more wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Expensive, but worth it for a special occasion. Great food, nice atmosphere, free valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best dessert everleegVIPDined on 8/10/2014The place is beautiful, the service impeccable and the food was different and scrumptious. We went during restaurant week and did that menu with a couple of extras. Everything was really good but the Bundino dessert of was off the charts. That salted caramel pretzel crumble on top made the dessert a pleasure in every bite with the flavor and texture combinations. Will definitely be back soon to sample some more off of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not a favoriteSandyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Ambiance and decor ok, food was very good and service was ok but needed some tweaking and the attire of the server was not acceptable for fine dining. Yes, try it once and form your own opinion, but we won't rush to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodLauraGDined on 8/9/2014We had a good time. Restaurant has three sections when you enter into the main room. My recommendation would be to sit towards the back of the restaurant. We sat this time in the front and it was a loud, trouble hearing each other talk. The noise level is much better towards the back. Regardless, the food was amazing and sitting outside on the patio waiting for a table was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KM608Dined on 8/8/2014This was our fist visit to Cunningham's. The food was good when we got it but we waited over 45 min. for our entrees. I didn't realize when I made the reservation that it was restaurant week. That was the excuse we were given when we asked what the hold up was. I guess they don't have experienced chefs that have been thru restaurant week before?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotDlasek27Dined on 8/8/2014First time we ate at cunninghams and the food was excellent, service was great, we will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- specialtwinmomVIPDined on 8/7/2014so we think Cunningham's is special. Kids get halibut and hamburger. We have always had great servers.Special Features:
- cupcakeDined on 8/6/2014The first drink I got was awful and had to be sent back. The next drink a vodka tonic was served in a glass only slightly bigger than an juice glass. My scallop appetizer was tasteless. My pasta entree was very rich and was not to my liking. This was my second trip and will probably be my last.
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Pleasantly surprised that we could select from an interesting brunch menu, and not stand in line @ a buffet. Only disappointment was my entree... "gnudi" dish, not what I expected and very very salty! My guests had eggs benedict (very good) and shrimp & grits (excellent). Chef's bread basket excellent. p.s. the creme for coffee was tooooo sweet... how about good old fashion hi-quality 1/2 & 1/2. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How big can my check get?luv2eatoutVIPDined on 8/2/2014We waited 10 minutes once we were seated for a glass of water. Once our waiter finally came to the table, an order was place for appetizers and drinks. The appetizer came 5 minutes before the drinks. I only wanted an appetizer for dinner, my husband ordered a meal. It was clear the waiter wasn't thrilled. He insisted that the appetizer of Tuna was small and I might still be hungry; it was fine. When our dinner plates were removed, I specially stated that we didn't need desert menus and a check would be great. Again, he wasn't thrilled. Then he came back and asked if we were really sure we didn't want coffee. Seemed to be a reoccuring message of how much food could I sell tonight despite what's good for the customer.Special Features:
- Great dinner!cdm929Dined on 8/2/2014Had a great dinner! The restaurant is very nicely designed. The food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. Highly recommend the fried green tomatoes! The menu changes often (which I love) so we are looking forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find!NotpretentiousDined on 8/2/2014We drove past Cunningham's several months ago, noting the sign but wondering what it was (there were no other indicators) but a review in the Sunpaper solved that riddle. The valet parking (in & out) was friendly and efficient; the hostess receptive/engaging seating us directly on our arrival; Cara, our waitress was great, friendly, attentive throughout our experience... timing was very good and we never felt pressed or ignored; the food... our salads were perfectly 'dressed', my pork chop perfectly to the rare side as I like it; my wife's fish perfectly to her standards; the wine list [via the iPad] fairly extensive (apparently some only see the back side of the menu); and the dessert excellent. Lunch or snacks might be a treat here.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceSurferBobDined on 8/1/2014We had heard mixed reviews but decided to see for ourselves. We started with a very nice Sparkling Rose. For dinner we had 2 seafood dishes, the seared monkfish which was excellent and the broth was the best. The halibut was wonderful also with nice flavors. Our waiter was attentive but not looming. It was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/1/2014Wanted to come here for months. Disappointed. Food bland. Service weak. They tried to push wine. Sign boards noted types of bread that were not available. Portions small. Mustard that came with pork tasted like Plochmans. Would not return as prices high but service and food are low. We don't mind high price if we get value. No value for the buck here. Go elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great spotLilyhillVIPDined on 7/31/2014We loved Cunningham's. It's a pretty restaurant, for one thing, and parking is easy which is always nice. The vibe is lively and welcoming and our service was warm and attentive but not hovering (and despite what some others have written, we liked the blue jeans attire of the waitstaff). The menu offers lots of options -- we all had salads to start, but two of us chose 'regular' entrees and the others opted for pasta or flatbread. All of us loved our selections. Dessert choices -- great ice cream offerings -- also deserved raves. We will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair service, acceptable foodTheDinerVIPDined on 7/31/2014I've eaten at this restaurant twice, and my experience was the same both times. The food was good, but on each visit I remember more about the problems than about what was good. The problems on this visit were that some of our dishes were overly salty, and the service is slow. Mostly competent, but slow. Our server apologized twice for bread not being delivered to our table. Long waits for our server to come to our table after being seated, despite us visiting on a weeknight with light crowds. Both times I've been to this restaurant, it seemed that our server had a few more tables than he/she could effectively handle. Overall, I wouldn't recommend. You can spend the same amount at other restaurants and get better service and better food.
- Farm Fresh Fabulous!thinfoodieDined on 7/31/2014This was the first time I have gone to Cunningham's for dinner - had been only for lunch before. I was wowed by the freshness of the flavors that came through in the cold cucumber soup (with crabmeat!) and the cold beet salad and could have eaten an entire basket of the fresh raisin/fennel bread. And - the presentations on the plates were photo-worthy. I asked for a medium rare burger (and it was more rare than expected) which was unique for the zucchini relish which added a tangy bite to the burger. Also, compliments to our waitress who could recommend our wines and help us navigate a good selection of items to explore the menu. There were many choices to satisfy different "wallets". Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- "Fine"HenryDined on 7/31/2014But fine is not acceptable at these prices. Tried to be too creative with food. Too much mixing of disparate ingredients and sauces.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could be polishedTslucDined on 7/29/2014We thought the food was AMAZING! The hostesses need to work on their personalities and joy at receiving us as guests at the door. The waiter was quick to arrive but then after taking our order seemed to forget about us. Things like forgetting a spoon with the soup bowl and letting our water run out several times. The prices were a bit steep, but the ambiance was worth it had the service been a bit better. The servers also wear jeans which seems to contradict the decor of the huge dining room. Next time I think we'll just have snacks and drinks at the bar or outside. The home-baked bread is AMAZING! The flat-breads were also out of this world.Special Features:
- Epic Fail!jonathansagnerVIPDined on 7/29/2014I thought I was on an episode of America's Funniest Video's. This was my third time here (twice at another's insistence) but not again. They got nothing right. Initially they lost our drink orders and we were told that due to a busy happy hour and only having 1 bartender it would be 30 min plus for drinks so...here is the wine list you can choose to buy a bottle instead - seriously?! For our group of 7 we ordered 6 main courses of which only three came correctly. The last person couldn't order a main course because our waiter shared that they were too busy to make any dietary adjustments for people with special needs. The special need that was so tough to adjust for no diary. On top of all this it was easily 30-45 minutes between courses.