1 Olympic Pl
Towson, MD 21204Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cunninghamstowson.com/
- Phone: 4103397730x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00 pm
Monday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Herrmann
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
A word from Cunningham's
Cunningham’s is a seasonal American grille that blends the modern atmosphere of city dining with the rustic, smoky flavors of the countryside. Using a wood-fired grill and brick oven, we provide guests with dishes created from the freshest seasonal and local ingredients possible. We believe that an excellent dining experience is built on thoughtful, attentive service and sourcing product that are grown and crafted responsibly. Each of these aspects contributes to our mission of providing our guests with an unmatched dining experience. We hope that you will visit us soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cunningham's - Best Restaurants in Towson ›
Cunningham's reviews from OpenTable diners
264 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (148)special occasion (136)neighborhood gem (101)notable wine list (83)great for outdoor dining (65)romantic (65)good for groups (63)vibrant bar scene (62)hot spot (53)great for brunch (30)late-night find (17)scenic view (12)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Wonderful, but...QuiteaDishDined on 9/13/2014Everything about Cunningham's was first rate except we arrived at five thirty for a five thirty reservation and were seated at a table with the sun right in our eyes, where it remained for more than forty minutes. When we first arrived and noticed the problem we pointed it out to the server who indicated there were no shades and it was impossible to change our seating since they were expecting a full house. Attempts were made to placate us with a glass of wine and an extra dessert but the one most affected by the glare did not drink wine nor eat desserts. Also, toward the end of our meal, the noise level was almost unbearable. We would never return for a pre-theater dinner. Later....maybe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cunningham's RocksFoodLuverDined on 9/12/2014Fantastic food and service. Nice atmosphere. Definitely up for a repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Cunningham's has a wonderful modern ambiance and the wait staff is professional, courteous and attentive to your needs.Special Features:
- Cunningham's Towson - GREAT!DebbieDined on 9/9/2014This was my fourth visit to Cunningham's in Towson, Maryland. On this visit, I was joined by four friends, and we all enjoyed the experience. Our waiter was excellent and recommended a fantastic wine for all of us to share. Most of us had fish. I had the halibut, and it was outstanding - beautifully prepared and delicious. The atmosphere at Cunningham's is very nice, with an upscale, modern look. I plan to return to Cunningham's as this is one of the better places in Towson to dine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014The food was fanastic (crab cakes) and staff was awesome. It was our anniversary and they treated us very well. Thank you!Special Features:
- Calm and enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We visited Sunday, 9/7, for our anniversary. We dined early for cocktails, 5:30 PM, our preferred time to dine. Anne was our server. She was helpful, funny and so accommodating! I visited your online site before we came and knew I wanted to try the unusual appetizers. We ordered 4 and my husband ordered the lamb dinner. Your chefs are marvelous with combining flavors and presentation. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner there, especially the corn toast and fried green tomatoes. Thank you for the complimentary dessert for our anniversary celebration! I posted on Facebook what a nice time we had and we thank you. I hope your restaurant continues to do well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchdinerDined on 9/7/2014The food was good but not hot. The waiter was very nice but was too quick to take our plates. My friend was still eating when he grabbed her plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizardDined on 9/5/2014Our meal wasn't as enthralling as it was the previous time I ate here. My Bibb salad and flatbread were tasty, but my companion's fried green tomatoes appetizer was made too salty by the Tasso ham, and the odd tomato/vegetable hash with the tiny piece of rockfish was just not the right side for the fish. Service was very good and the space us handsome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hope this place makes it!!Loves2eatDined on 9/2/2014Impressive menu. Settled on the popcorn as an appetizer with a side of Mac n cheese as well. The taste of the popcorn was delicious. Don't miss the hazelnuts that fall to the bottom.However, the popcorn was either stale or soggy. The restaurant was pretty empty,so there is no excuse for that. The mac n cheese I was sharing and maybe it was better hot..but it was just ok. We took advantage of 1/2 price wine night.That is a great deal. My dinner guest got the Ziti half order. That's a great option. I got the filet which was cooked beautifully. The "potato salad" they describe is not a salad at all. It is roasted fingerlings with blueberries with very little gorgonzola &the shallots were missing. Cookies and milk were good. Overall ok or greatSpecial Features:
- Amazing Wine and good foodUcffalconDined on 8/31/2014First time to this restaurant although we've been to other Bagby restaurants as well. Cunningham's is great, same wine list as Fleet Street Kitchen, menu was down to earth no more pricey than the other places. Steak was a little undercooked, no more than a minute so it wasn't a big deal for me. My wife's potatoes were cold and over salted which was the sole complaint we have. Otherwise great look and feel amazing service and we'll more than likely go back.Special Features:
- Food is good, wine is expensiveluvwineVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was very good - we shared 5 of the appetizers: Chorizo flatbread, popcorn and dumplings were the best. Tartare was good. Avoid the scallops: 2 for $14, and they were just so-so. Entrees: Duck breast was great, chicken was good, rockfish filet was good, the bronzini was just ok. The Malbec is very nice for $36 a bottle, but try to avoid getting glasses of wine, the pour is on the cheap side (looked like 4 oz - for $9????).Special Features:
- Just an OK nightTonyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Everyone has a night they don't have their best stuff. From telling us our table was ready and then taking us there and it was not clean to taking us back again and it still not being ready to the waitress pouring water in our guest's drink glass like I said just an off night...the food was solid but I have had better at this restaurant. It was a holiday weekend so maybe that was it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!ap5133Dined on 8/29/2014Started with delicious sweet corn toast. Loved this appetizer, followed by corn soup that was equally wonderful. I had the cheeseburger (perfect), my son had creek stone farm filet (not as tender as expecting), my husband had pork chops (nicely seasoned). Service was attentive and thoughtful. Loved clean, modern decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014We had excellent excellent service but it was not enough to make up for a fairly unimpressive meal. I ordered a beet salad - I've certainly had much better. Very skimpy portion. I had a flatbread - it was loaded with garlic -- far too much! So I would not order that again. Our waiter was great.Special Features:
- A pleasant surpriseeatinoutDined on 8/26/2014I've passed by Cunningham's a million times and never thought to stop. To be honest, it simply didn't look interesting. Then one night I decided to try it, because why not? Just wow. The food is outstanding. The staff are friendly and helpful. The wine list is limited, but very well chosen. The single disappointment is the beer selection, but if you're going to Cunningham's just for a beer... well, that's a different conversation :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service badfoodieDined on 8/24/2014Horrible service.waited for our food. Had an employee eating there that got better service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014This was my first visit to Cunningham's...food and service excellent...liked the ambiance as well. Will most definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2014very disappointed in alot of things. not my first time but probably my last especially since the owner of bagby's was so awful mowing down someone's income.............
- She SheWeekenddinerDined on 8/23/2014It was hard to find anything I wanted on the menu. The menu is small. There is not a decent appetizer salad on the menu. The bar is beautiful as is the restaurant. Valet parking is great. Service was okay. If their menu were changed with a good Ceasar Salad and some great steaks it could be a winner.
- Was hoping it would be great, but -JeffBVIPDined on 8/23/2014Disappointing. Staff nice. However, for the prices, too much not right and it was not a busy night. Basic martinis at the bar took way too long. We wanted to drink a celebratory toast and from the time the first drink was delivered, it was 10 minutes longer before the 4 of us had our drinks. Waiter, very green. Didn’t check during meal to see how things were. Food fine but, though extremely tender and juicy, my chop tasted like it had been brined and then salted on top of that. It and accompanying greens were TOO salty. Desserts ordered, one missing. Told that coffee was being brewed and would be 5 min. 15 min. passed and we had to ask for it again and never offered refills. No sign of a manager greeting tables to see how things were.
- Super goodluv2dineDined on 8/23/2014I have been to Cunningham's a number of times. Each and every time has been a reallypleasant experience. The wait service is excellent, attentive ,but not overbearing. The food is presented beautifully and tastes as good as it looks. The whole atmosphere of Cunningham's is relaxed;no one urges youtomove on when dinner was complete. If one wants to chat for a while, no one interferes. Allinall,it is a treat to go to Cunningham's.Special Features:
- Our first visitLivetoeatDined on 8/23/2014This was our first visit and enjoyed it. Finding the valet and figuring out the elevator was a little confusing. Decided to go with the Restaurant Week menu and as I like gazpacho, decided to start with the cold cucumber soup and really enjoyed it. The flat iron steak was good but not quite to the temperature I ordered and sliced a bit thick. My husband had fish that he enjoyed but was a bit over priced (he didn't go with the special menu). Desserts were delicious and rich. Service was a bit inexperienced but did a good job. All in all a good meal and nice ambience, would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulHopieDined on 8/23/2014Ambience, food, and service were totally in balance which created a most enjoyable dining experience. Such a beautiful and upliffting environment, the food was artfully plated and delicious -- great menu, and the service from Chris and your staff was outstanding! From the moment we entered Cunningham's we seemed to have the staff's attention. This restaurant is a most needed and wonderful addition to the Towson dining scene. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service! Decent foodSNBmd2013VIPDined on 8/22/2014Waiter forgot our drinks; good was brought out before we finished appetizers; water was not refilled! Hostess was pushy about cleaning off the table indicating we should leave . Would not go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problem Parking, Bad DirectionstigerDined on 8/21/2014The directions on their web site were second left turn off Dulaney Valley road, but that leads to a shopping center. I originally telephoned the restaurant for a reservation so I could also get directions but had to leave a message and was told the restaurant would call back. The return call came the day after we had dinner there. We were told that there was valet parking but no valets were in sight when we arrived. We ended up parking about half a mile away. However, the food and wine were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and energy!JJackDined on 8/20/2014We are never disappointed with Cunningham's, well worth the 45 minutes from York, PA. We love the creative menu, the sleek decor, the lively and helpful waitstaff, the convenient parking, the interesting wine list. We'll continue bringing our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Very poor service. Lamb shank was terrible and so was the mushroom entree. Too much attention on refilling water then waitress service.Special Features:
- Great food!!bosinniaDined on 8/20/2014The food was outstanding, especially the cold cucumber soup with crab!! All of the dishes at our table had marvelous presentations and were cooked perfectly. We had no complaints and only compliments for all of the dishes, especially the desserts!! The service was good, but my water and iced tea glasses were empty for a few minutes before they were refilled. The décor is inviting, and it's interesting that the servers all wear jeans. Our server also worked at Cunningham Farms, and it was interesting talking to her about her experiences and the farm to table concept. We will be back!!Special Features:
- BreckinridgeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our server was great; the restaurant is beautiful. It's the 2nd time we've been to Cunningham's and had problems with how long it takes to get the food and the 2nd time the manager gave us dessert to make up for the time waiting. The food is so salty it's almost uneatable.Special Features:
- sheknitDined on 8/16/2014The food and service were excellant. My husband ordered a cucumber soup which he did not like. Our waitress took it back and brought him something else. they were very accommadating. Would highly recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place for all ages.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We have a friend who went to Cunningham's for drinks and stayed for dinner and enjoyed it. We went to participate in Restaurant Week and found the menu to be varied and interesting. The regular menu offered a wide range of items that look good, as well, so we will likely return in the future, perhaps to celebrate our birthdays. The servers were attentive without being intrusive. A very good experience. Thanks.Special Features:
- Outdoor DiningTSquaredDined on 8/15/2014Great outdoor dining experience. Could hear the Feet on the Street music but not overwhelming. Pleasant server and food was well prepared. Still need to sync the servers and bar, getting drinks too WAY too long.Special Features:
- Great Food. Needs Work.FoodieJimDined on 8/15/2014The food was outstanding; the service not so much. There were long stretches where we had no visit from our server who was assigned to our inside table as well as tables outside. Our dinner plates remained on the table for at least 15 minutes after we finished our meal. After that we had no interaction (such as "Would you like coffee?" "Would you like dessert?") until I flagged down one of two managers who themselves were waiting tables. Clearly, additional wait or bus staff is required. The manager did comp the desserts and coffee. A minor point, but for a place of this caliber maybe not so minor, the wait staff's uniform of shirt, vest, and jeans, does not fit with the slick Manhattan-like décor; more suitable to Shoo Fly Diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely find!HappydinerDined on 8/14/2014Recommended by a friend- I wanted to have a special dinner in a new place-and it was a wonderful meal followed by a drink outside the bar on the patio. Quiet on a Thursday night, I suspect very busy on the weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The chicken was amazing! Great service, the restaurant was very cold and decreased the dining experience but made for a good reason to drink more wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Expensive, but worth it for a special occasion. Great food, nice atmosphere, free valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best dessert everleegVIPDined on 8/10/2014The place is beautiful, the service impeccable and the food was different and scrumptious. We went during restaurant week and did that menu with a couple of extras. Everything was really good but the Bundino dessert of was off the charts. That salted caramel pretzel crumble on top made the dessert a pleasure in every bite with the flavor and texture combinations. Will definitely be back soon to sample some more off of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not a favoriteSandyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Ambiance and decor ok, food was very good and service was ok but needed some tweaking and the attire of the server was not acceptable for fine dining. Yes, try it once and form your own opinion, but we won't rush to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodLauraGDined on 8/9/2014We had a good time. Restaurant has three sections when you enter into the main room. My recommendation would be to sit towards the back of the restaurant. We sat this time in the front and it was a loud, trouble hearing each other talk. The noise level is much better towards the back. Regardless, the food was amazing and sitting outside on the patio waiting for a table was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KM608Dined on 8/8/2014This was our fist visit to Cunningham's. The food was good when we got it but we waited over 45 min. for our entrees. I didn't realize when I made the reservation that it was restaurant week. That was the excuse we were given when we asked what the hold up was. I guess they don't have experienced chefs that have been thru restaurant week before?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.