1 Olympic Pl
Towson, MD 21204Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cunninghamstowson.com/
- Phone: (410) 339-7730
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00 pm
Monday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Herrmann
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
A word from Cunningham's
Cunningham’s is a seasonal American grille that blends the modern atmosphere of city dining with the rustic, smoky flavors of the countryside. Using a wood-fired grill and brick oven, we provide guests with dishes created from the freshest seasonal and local ingredients possible. We believe that an excellent dining experience is built on thoughtful, attentive service and sourcing product that are grown and crafted responsibly. Each of these aspects contributes to our mission of providing our guests with an unmatched dining experience. We hope that you will visit us soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cunningham's - Best Restaurants in Towson ›
Cunningham's reviews from OpenTable diners
256 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (155)special occasion (130)neighborhood gem (102)good for groups (76)notable wine list (74)romantic (69)hot spot (64)vibrant bar scene (59)great for outdoor dining (47)great for brunch (23)late-night find (11)scenic view (10)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Outstanding meal!TerriP54Dined on 11/23/2014Our friends drove up from Hilton Head. They were blown away with how fantastic the meal was. Chris was a great waiter too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 11/22/2014Last time we ate at Cunningham's we were not overly impressed even though past dines had been very good. This visit was back on par and we were very happy with both the service and food. Overall Cunningham's has solidified itself as one of the best dining options in Towson.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not return .PRSSDined on 11/16/2014Had dinner on a rainy Subday night, restaurant almost empty. Ordered a Bloody Mary and was told they were only served at brunch ...REALLY , you can't throw a little tomatoe juice and vodka together??? That set the tone for the night. Meatballs( mexican that night)were horrible, mushroom pizza very average , popcorn way too buttery , cesear salad and burger good..... Service ok. When leaving ,the hostess asked how was dinner, we said not that great....she said "oh". No inquiry into why , seemed to careless . I will not return, and would not recommend .
- Lovely EveningRobbobDined on 11/15/2014Enjoyed our dining experience. My son is a foodie and liked the dining experience at Cunningham's. He liked the large open kitchen. Next time, he would like to sit near it. Our cousin said it was the best meal at a restaurant that she has in a very long time. The restaurant was busy on Saturday night, but the wait before starters was a little lenghthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special mealgoodtimes43Dined on 11/15/2014We took our foodie snob friend for dinner and he raved about the restaurant. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better then the first timePyatachokVIPDined on 11/15/2014That was our second time and we were seated in dining room area. Loved everything from elegant ambiance to interesting delicious food and a great service. Very glad we've found this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Have been here before and was not impressed, so we were a little leery of using the gift certificate I received for my birthday. This time the restaurant delivered the experience we were expecting the first time we came. The food was excellent, the service attentive. I would now recommend it. I wouldn't have before.Special Features:
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014Great service and nice menu. Great place for a Saturday night with friends.Special Features:
- OutstandingBaltoericVIPDined on 11/4/2014This was my first visit and everything was a ten. The food and wine were exceptional and our server - Lazarus - was awesome! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealMichaelVIPDined on 11/2/2014This was my second time to Cunningham's. The food did not disappoint. The short rib was the perfect meal on a cold November evening. The server was excellent. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- SammeDined on 11/2/2014Food was good, service fair to poor, noise level intolerable on a slow night, entrance to restaurant is ridiculously complicated. Because all of our food was good we may---may-- go back one day but I would not take odds on it happening until they move to a place with decent entrance, raise the ceilings and otherwise reduce the clank clank (and we were far from the kitchen.) Other restaurants have open kitchens without that noise clutter. It was a slow night and food took 45 minutes to come out. We were in no hurray but I would never go there if I had an appointment after dinner. On a Saturday night I might be an hour late - until everyone else votes with their feet.
- Avoid until kitchen bettergoodeatersandcookersVIPDined on 11/2/2014We waited one and a half hours for our entrees. It was a quiet Sunday night at 5:30. They were not busy.Six of us were there including two children who behaved well. We were told the executive chef had been moved to another restaurant and the new chef was having problems. Multiple promises of the food coming soon were not fulfilled. The waitress was lovely but powerless.
- Outstanding BrunchDaisyDined on 11/2/2014We have had excellent dinners at Cunningham's but Sunday was the first time we had tried brunch and it was exceptional. The sumptuous decor was especially beautiful in the daylight but it was the food that was especially remarkable, starting with the basket of perfect pastries, which included croissants the equal of those of France. We have always been a fan of the breads at Cunningham's so it should have been no surprise that the pastries were so good. The shrimp and grits melted in your mouth, and the Cunningham Farms omelette and the eggs benedict were exactly as advertised, just right. Service was pleasant and prompt, not something all that common with some crazy busy brunches. This was quite serene.Special Features:
- AmazingFoodloverJessicaDined on 11/1/2014This was the second time in a month that I've eaten here. It's great. There's such an attention to detail from the menus, to the decor to the service. I have not one complaint. Even parking is easy! While it's in season, you must try the hayride drink. It screams fall and pumpkin, but without the creamy sweetness that most pumpkin inspired cocktails normally do. As for what to eat? You really can't go wrong with anything. We've run the gamut, and nothing has been off. I would order everything again. Congrats on an amazing restaurant!! And thank you, also!Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014Arriving 6 minutes early for our reservation we were told to wait at the bar and come back when it was closer to our reservation time. No offer to come get us. We waited in the bar for 25 minutes with no service, and after checking twice were finally seated. We waited again for service until getting up to inquire. Finally, getting some drinks, our food came almost immediately. All items were excellent. The kitchen was flawless; the front of the house needs help. The slow service continued throughout. We ordered some brandy with dessert and received a light colored liquid in a tall glass. Not quite sure what. My husband had to get up himself to bring it back himself. We were told we would not be charged for it. Gee thanks.Special Features:
- Great experience all around.HungryallthetimeDined on 11/1/2014Best dinner I have had out in a while. Great service too. I live in Fells and have a ton of great restaurants very close by. Cunningham's is worth the drive to Towson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid If You Have Food AllergiesRoyLDined on 10/31/2014We had a young man (our main server) and a young woman as servers. They were both very friendly and helpful. A member of our party is allergic to nuts. He explained this carefully to each. He ordered steak and reminded our waiter of his allergy. The young woman brought it and, once again, he confirmed with her that there were no nuts. When she lowered it to the table, nuts were clearly visible on his plate. He pointed this out and his food had to be prepared anew. I waited for him out of politeness. By the time his food came, my dinner was cold. I could very easily spent my night in the hospital or arranging for his body to be shipped back to NY. Such a cavalier attitude toward a potentially life threatening situation is inexcusable.
- great foodNickyVIPDined on 10/31/2014great food and loved the decor. they were able to substitute a side for my main given some food intolerances which was wonderful. however i am not a huge fan of olives and my fish was supposed to have a root puree which somehow turned into an olive tapenade. gross!Special Features:
- Great night outITguyDined on 10/30/2014Great place for a special night out or when you just want a really fine meal with great service. Drink menu is amazing as well as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and DeliciousWinenDineDined on 10/28/2014Cunningham's never disappoints from the minute you walk in the door..friendly greeting and service from start to finish. Dining room, bar and open kitchen are beautiful and the menu changes frequently for the freshest seasonal fare. Try the whole Bronzini, Crab cakes and new Shrimp and Grits. Save room for dessert and definitely try a craft cocktail and wine bottles are 50% off on Tuesdays.Special Features:
- Good Food, Slow ServiceTowsonDined on 10/26/2014This is the second time I've eaten here. The food has been good both times, but the service has been unbearably slow and inattentive both times. Both waiters were friendly and pleasant when they could be found, but they weren't around very often on either occasion. I doubt I'll return.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceKristinVIPDined on 10/25/2014Cunningham's has great food and great ambiance which made for a wonderful evening. Service was very good, almost great. I had the bronzino, which was expertly deboned, grilled perfectly and served with a wonderful Meyer lemon sauce. My boyfriend had the salmon, also excellent. We were quite tempted by some of the more decadent selections on the dessert menu but went with sorbet instead and it was the perfect ending to a great meal. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- MissdenDined on 10/25/2014Loved the selection of group appetizers, and individual appetizers. Menu had something for everyone's taste. Very attentive waiter who described everything we asked him. Will be there again!Special Features:
- Great spotJMH1Dined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed the unique foods- the daily meatballs were awesome. The flat bread was so-so but shrimp and grits were amazing! The bar area seemed really high energy (we sat in the dining room). Great and knowledgeable service.Special Features:
- Favorite Restaurant in MarylandEnjoyGoodFoodDined on 10/24/2014I have been to Cunningham's twice, and was very pleased with the food both times. Every dish was almost perfectly prepared with a variety of vivid, nicely contrasting flavors and appealing textures. For my second visit, my scallop appetizer and my pan seared rockfish and go-withs were excellent. My fellow dinners enjoyed their selections as much as I did, especially their crab cakes. The service was thoughtful and knowledgeable, but one or two more servers might make sense for the busiest times. This is currently my favorite restaurant in Maryland.Special Features:
- Jessica HammondNYCfoodieDined on 10/22/2014Food was amazing! Service was very good etc. minor difficulty finding the actual restaurant once we reached the location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Towson FavePickyPegDined on 10/21/2014Bronzini was well prepared as was the short rib on horseradish with spinach. Salads fresh and special. Wine generous and beautifully presented. Extra special hearty bread and generous apple cobbler and three choice sherbets. At 6:30 on a Tuesday, was pretty much empty but patrons were plenteous by 7:00. Several groups. Its a little tricky to find/park but the lovely decor and food are definitely worth solving the puzzle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meeting placePleasedDinerDined on 10/21/2014Very nice restaurant. Great bar area. Lighting was very good. iPad was a touch for the wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and delicious menuLPD2Dined on 10/20/2014We can't speak much to the ambiancea, since we were there on a Monday and the place was very quiet. Still, the decor was elegant and the service was outstanding. The menu was diverse and everyone enjoyed their meal. It was a bit pricey, but not any more than similar experiences. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting placePyatachokVIPDined on 10/19/2014First visit and quite impressed. Location with comp valet parking great, ambiance elegant in dining room/cozy in tavern suits all tastes. Main plus is the food: Yummy, interesting (for a dessert of culinary scene in Balt county) good enough to draw us back to taste some more. Service is nice and attentive but not intrusive. Some actions were not quite professional, though easily forgivable. The value is right for the quality and quantity of the food ( and with 1000 points times it's even better). So if you didn't try this new spot then do it if you are a foodie. As for us we'll be back as long as they don't disappoint which we hope never comes. Solid 4 stars experience.Special Features:
- ImpressedTruzzDined on 10/18/2014Very impressed with Cunningham's! Food was excellent. Steak tartare was perfect, same for the duck. My wife and I went for a romantic dinner and truly enjoyed. Very attentive staff. We will be back!Special Features:
- Willyt1007WillyT1007Dined on 10/18/2014First time to Cunningham's & we were very pleased w/ the ambiance, furnishing details, quality of food & most important the service. Even great food will suffer if the service is lacking or poor. Our waiter, Jazz was exceptional from the first greeting to the end of the meal. Never intrusive, his timing was spot on so his attention was very focused on his customers. As for the food, it was very enjoyable....must admit we had just returned from northern Italy & the food was off the charts, so we are a little biased. When Jazz found out we were there to celebrate my b-day, he did not miss a beat & brought out a slice of cake w/ candle....but he did not stop there. After we finished our deserts he informed us that the deserts were on him..wowSpecial Features:
- Delicious food & great serviceKKLunaDined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful time. We've dined at the group's other restaurants, but this was our first time at Cunningham's. So far, this has been our best experience. The ONLY blip was that the food wasn't hot (and neither was the coffee). But it was delicious and the service was so very good that the heat wasn't even an issue for us. Excellent meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Creative menu, lots of local ingredients and local products in the food and drinks. Enjoyable ambiance.Special Features:
- Wonderful respite from the kitchenBrunchBunnyDined on 10/12/2014Recently went to Cunninghams to catch up with old friends (without having to hostess at home) and everyone enjoyed the food, the wine, the service, and the atmosphere...highly reccommend!Special Features:
- Just plain averageThunderDined on 10/12/2014Our first trip and it was just average. Overall, the menu is a little thin and the two dishes I had, scallops and duck were just ok. Nothing special. This is yet another restaurant trying to make some basic dishes funky and with a twist and falling short! The service was just fair and I may have had the worst cosmo I've ever ordered. Two others in the party had a pan seared fish and they enjoyed, nothing special. The fourth in the party also had the duck and she commented it was very salty. The chef has some work to do. Will try this establishment again.
- Birthday surprise60pluscoupleDined on 10/12/2014First time here for my birthday dinner with hubby. Excellent menu! It was difficult to choose among all the scrumptious offerings. Being vegetarian, I settled on the wood grilled mushroom and was not disappointed. Seafood entrees also sounded very tempting. Staff was attentive and our server Hillary was friendly and flawless. Good value. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchBunckoDined on 10/12/2014The Brunch menu is varied enough to accommodate most tastes, especially if you want more then omelets and pancakes. The crab cake was one of the best I've had in Baltimore! At $30 this is an A+ deal! The service on this day was weak. It took longer than I would have expected to get a cup of coffee and, although we ordered assorted breakfast cakes, and the charge appeared on the check, we never received them. The wait staff did make good by removing the charge from the check and providing us with a few breakfast cakes to go. Overall, a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal..OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014Love Cunninghams. Only complaint this time was 45 minutes between appetizer and entrée. Food was outstanding as usual.
- Awesome food and ambiancegrammyDined on 10/8/2014Loved the wine, food and ambiance. It's a bit on the pricey side but the quality of the food is worth the cost.Special Features: