1 Olympic Pl
Towson, MD 21204Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cunninghamstowson.com/
- Phone: 4103397730x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00 pm
Monday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Herrmann
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
A word from Cunningham's
Cunningham’s is a seasonal American grille that blends the modern atmosphere of city dining with the rustic, smoky flavors of the countryside. Using a wood-fired grill and brick oven, we provide guests with dishes created from the freshest seasonal and local ingredients possible. We believe that an excellent dining experience is built on thoughtful, attentive service and sourcing product that are grown and crafted responsibly. Each of these aspects contributes to our mission of providing our guests with an unmatched dining experience. We hope that you will visit us soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cunningham's - Best Restaurants in Towson ›
Cunningham's reviews from OpenTable diners
265 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (154)special occasion (137)neighborhood gem (110)notable wine list (84)romantic (70)good for groups (66)great for outdoor dining (64)vibrant bar scene (62)hot spot (59)great for brunch (31)late-night find (18)scenic view (15)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Wonderful service & great food!NatalieDined on 9/27/2014Such a gorgeous restaurant with absolutely fantastic service. The food was not only delicious, but also unique and prepared perfectly. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip place in Towsondinner42Dined on 9/23/2014The menu really drew us in. Food & service were very good. Wine list was well put together, not too extensive, but just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fstop16Dined on 9/23/2014I had the halibut entree. Ample portions but bland seasoning.My wife's filet entree was excellent. The Orange Crush drink was a $9 dollar joke ! (on me) Small glass of crushed ice with very little alcohol. Have no desire to go there again.Special Features:
- WinenDineDined on 9/22/2014Excellent food and service. Our out of town guest was highly impressed, too. Thanks to Entire Staff/Chef for an excellent evening.Special Features:
- Great Neighbor PlaceGastroDined on 9/21/2014This place has very good food- excellently prepared and presented- great for the neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- Wonderful brunchhappy2BoutDined on 9/21/2014This was my second trip to Cunningham's and first brunch experience. I ordered the Lady Manor's Breakfast and bottomless mimosas. The food was excellent! The roasted fingerling potatoes were great, the scrambled eggs were light and buttery and the bacon was salty and delicious. The food was brought out very quickly. The wait staff is very friendly, we just had to wait a little longer for our waiter to return to the table once the crowd picked up. Will definitely return for brunch!Special Features:
- Not up to expectationstwobeesDined on 9/21/2014Booked an early brunch for a special occasion. Restaurant not busy at all. Had to go inside the café to find out how to access the restaurant (I walk with an assisting device). Considering the prices, food was OK. Coffee was extremely strong (one in the party could not drink it at all and it was removed from the bill); mimosa was also very strong - alcohol overwhelmed the OJ. Thought service should have been more attentive - had to ask for refills a few times.Special Features:
- Group of six friendsLov2DineDined on 9/20/2014Table for six was comfy. Beautifully decorated dining room. But it was so loud, we could hardly carry on a conversation. Steak was undercooked and had to be sent back,also it was heavily salted. Two friends ordered chicken, it was bland. Pepperoni pizza was really peppery. We ordered three orange crush drinks and then were told that we got the last ones available. Maybe it was an off night?? I'd be willing to try again as I've heard others give rave reviews .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Food was delicious and flavor combinations were somewhat unique and tasty. Only drawback was the noise level. It was so "energetic" that the 3 of us had a very difficult time conversing even though the resturant was not completely full of customers. I would recommned dining at an off hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Food was very good, maybe even above expectations (and I say this as someone who had read all the favorable reviews ahead of time) given the location is the ground floor of an office tower. But they've done a nice job with the space, good outdoor space, a nice dedicated bar area, and it is convenient to all Towson has to offer. I had the duck, which was excellent, and my wife had the crab cakes which were great as well. Wine list is above average and the only letdown was the dessert menu, but really not that big a deal. Diverse menu and good food.Special Features:
- Romantic ambianceLadybeekerDined on 9/19/2014The ambiance and service was fantastic at Cunningham's but I was not impressed with my meal. I ordered the burger as a safe option since it was my first time there and it was over cooked. The rest of my party enjoyed their meals; the food was delicious even over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!TowsoniteDined on 9/18/2014I live in the Towson area and don't know why I waited a year to visit Cunninghams. We used the free valet parking, but had a little trouble figuring out which elevator to take down to the garage. No problem. The atmosphere is excellent...couldn't take my eyes away from the beautiful ceiling lighting treatments. Food was exceptional, we ordered from the wood fire roasted list. The flat bread was fantastic, almost too much for two people--more like a pizza. No extra charge for spitting/plating a meal. I made reservations on line and requested a slice of birthday cake and candle for my friend. It came out right after dinner.Special Features:
- truely awesome & excellentpeter21212Dined on 9/18/2014Food was high quality and carefully prepared IAW clients order. Ambiance stark and cold,needs more thought and less money, needs to be warmer and more comfortable for the spirit.gSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Cunningham's to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The staff was very attentive and knowledgeable. We appreciate all of the work that went into the building this restaurant. The complimentary champagne and dessert was a pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014We really enjoy Cunningham's. Our neighborhood favorite. The food is terrific. Happy hour is a hit. Valet parking. But sorry to see that linguine is now off the menu.Special Features:
- A great brunch experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We visited for Sunday brunch and went with the 3 course Prix Fixe....So glad we did! The Fried Green tomatoes were amazing! The crabcake was the best I've had in awhile (and I have tried them all). The fingerling potatoes were perfect....so was my husband's Steak Frites! All I know is that the bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Marys were delicious, and our waiter was divine. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, but...QuiteaDishDined on 9/13/2014Everything about Cunningham's was first rate except we arrived at five thirty for a five thirty reservation and were seated at a table with the sun right in our eyes, where it remained for more than forty minutes. When we first arrived and noticed the problem we pointed it out to the server who indicated there were no shades and it was impossible to change our seating since they were expecting a full house. Attempts were made to placate us with a glass of wine and an extra dessert but the one most affected by the glare did not drink wine nor eat desserts. Also, toward the end of our meal, the noise level was almost unbearable. We would never return for a pre-theater dinner. Later....maybe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cunningham's RocksFoodLuverDined on 9/12/2014Fantastic food and service. Nice atmosphere. Definitely up for a repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Cunningham's has a wonderful modern ambiance and the wait staff is professional, courteous and attentive to your needs.Special Features:
- Cunningham's Towson - GREAT!DebbieDined on 9/9/2014This was my fourth visit to Cunningham's in Towson, Maryland. On this visit, I was joined by four friends, and we all enjoyed the experience. Our waiter was excellent and recommended a fantastic wine for all of us to share. Most of us had fish. I had the halibut, and it was outstanding - beautifully prepared and delicious. The atmosphere at Cunningham's is very nice, with an upscale, modern look. I plan to return to Cunningham's as this is one of the better places in Towson to dine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014The food was fanastic (crab cakes) and staff was awesome. It was our anniversary and they treated us very well. Thank you!Special Features:
- Calm and enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We visited Sunday, 9/7, for our anniversary. We dined early for cocktails, 5:30 PM, our preferred time to dine. Anne was our server. She was helpful, funny and so accommodating! I visited your online site before we came and knew I wanted to try the unusual appetizers. We ordered 4 and my husband ordered the lamb dinner. Your chefs are marvelous with combining flavors and presentation. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner there, especially the corn toast and fried green tomatoes. Thank you for the complimentary dessert for our anniversary celebration! I posted on Facebook what a nice time we had and we thank you. I hope your restaurant continues to do well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchdinerDined on 9/7/2014The food was good but not hot. The waiter was very nice but was too quick to take our plates. My friend was still eating when he grabbed her plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizardDined on 9/5/2014Our meal wasn't as enthralling as it was the previous time I ate here. My Bibb salad and flatbread were tasty, but my companion's fried green tomatoes appetizer was made too salty by the Tasso ham, and the odd tomato/vegetable hash with the tiny piece of rockfish was just not the right side for the fish. Service was very good and the space us handsome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hope this place makes it!!Loves2eatDined on 9/2/2014Impressive menu. Settled on the popcorn as an appetizer with a side of Mac n cheese as well. The taste of the popcorn was delicious. Don't miss the hazelnuts that fall to the bottom.However, the popcorn was either stale or soggy. The restaurant was pretty empty,so there is no excuse for that. The mac n cheese I was sharing and maybe it was better hot..but it was just ok. We took advantage of 1/2 price wine night.That is a great deal. My dinner guest got the Ziti half order. That's a great option. I got the filet which was cooked beautifully. The "potato salad" they describe is not a salad at all. It is roasted fingerlings with blueberries with very little gorgonzola &the shallots were missing. Cookies and milk were good. Overall ok or greatSpecial Features:
- Amazing Wine and good foodUcffalconDined on 8/31/2014First time to this restaurant although we've been to other Bagby restaurants as well. Cunningham's is great, same wine list as Fleet Street Kitchen, menu was down to earth no more pricey than the other places. Steak was a little undercooked, no more than a minute so it wasn't a big deal for me. My wife's potatoes were cold and over salted which was the sole complaint we have. Otherwise great look and feel amazing service and we'll more than likely go back.Special Features:
- Food is good, wine is expensiveluvwineVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was very good - we shared 5 of the appetizers: Chorizo flatbread, popcorn and dumplings were the best. Tartare was good. Avoid the scallops: 2 for $14, and they were just so-so. Entrees: Duck breast was great, chicken was good, rockfish filet was good, the bronzini was just ok. The Malbec is very nice for $36 a bottle, but try to avoid getting glasses of wine, the pour is on the cheap side (looked like 4 oz - for $9????).Special Features:
- Just an OK nightTonyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Everyone has a night they don't have their best stuff. From telling us our table was ready and then taking us there and it was not clean to taking us back again and it still not being ready to the waitress pouring water in our guest's drink glass like I said just an off night...the food was solid but I have had better at this restaurant. It was a holiday weekend so maybe that was it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!ap5133Dined on 8/29/2014Started with delicious sweet corn toast. Loved this appetizer, followed by corn soup that was equally wonderful. I had the cheeseburger (perfect), my son had creek stone farm filet (not as tender as expecting), my husband had pork chops (nicely seasoned). Service was attentive and thoughtful. Loved clean, modern decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014We had excellent excellent service but it was not enough to make up for a fairly unimpressive meal. I ordered a beet salad - I've certainly had much better. Very skimpy portion. I had a flatbread - it was loaded with garlic -- far too much! So I would not order that again. Our waiter was great.Special Features:
- A pleasant surpriseeatinoutDined on 8/26/2014I've passed by Cunningham's a million times and never thought to stop. To be honest, it simply didn't look interesting. Then one night I decided to try it, because why not? Just wow. The food is outstanding. The staff are friendly and helpful. The wine list is limited, but very well chosen. The single disappointment is the beer selection, but if you're going to Cunningham's just for a beer... well, that's a different conversation :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service badfoodieDined on 8/24/2014Horrible service.waited for our food. Had an employee eating there that got better service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014This was my first visit to Cunningham's...food and service excellent...liked the ambiance as well. Will most definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2014very disappointed in alot of things. not my first time but probably my last especially since the owner of bagby's was so awful mowing down someone's income.............
- She SheWeekenddinerDined on 8/23/2014It was hard to find anything I wanted on the menu. The menu is small. There is not a decent appetizer salad on the menu. The bar is beautiful as is the restaurant. Valet parking is great. Service was okay. If their menu were changed with a good Ceasar Salad and some great steaks it could be a winner.
- Was hoping it would be great, but -JeffBVIPDined on 8/23/2014Disappointing. Staff nice. However, for the prices, too much not right and it was not a busy night. Basic martinis at the bar took way too long. We wanted to drink a celebratory toast and from the time the first drink was delivered, it was 10 minutes longer before the 4 of us had our drinks. Waiter, very green. Didn’t check during meal to see how things were. Food fine but, though extremely tender and juicy, my chop tasted like it had been brined and then salted on top of that. It and accompanying greens were TOO salty. Desserts ordered, one missing. Told that coffee was being brewed and would be 5 min. 15 min. passed and we had to ask for it again and never offered refills. No sign of a manager greeting tables to see how things were.
- Super goodluv2dineDined on 8/23/2014I have been to Cunningham's a number of times. Each and every time has been a reallypleasant experience. The wait service is excellent, attentive ,but not overbearing. The food is presented beautifully and tastes as good as it looks. The whole atmosphere of Cunningham's is relaxed;no one urges youtomove on when dinner was complete. If one wants to chat for a while, no one interferes. Allinall,it is a treat to go to Cunningham's.Special Features:
- Our first visitLivetoeatDined on 8/23/2014This was our first visit and enjoyed it. Finding the valet and figuring out the elevator was a little confusing. Decided to go with the Restaurant Week menu and as I like gazpacho, decided to start with the cold cucumber soup and really enjoyed it. The flat iron steak was good but not quite to the temperature I ordered and sliced a bit thick. My husband had fish that he enjoyed but was a bit over priced (he didn't go with the special menu). Desserts were delicious and rich. Service was a bit inexperienced but did a good job. All in all a good meal and nice ambience, would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulHopieDined on 8/23/2014Ambience, food, and service were totally in balance which created a most enjoyable dining experience. Such a beautiful and upliffting environment, the food was artfully plated and delicious -- great menu, and the service from Chris and your staff was outstanding! From the moment we entered Cunningham's we seemed to have the staff's attention. This restaurant is a most needed and wonderful addition to the Towson dining scene. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service! Decent foodSNBmd2013VIPDined on 8/22/2014Waiter forgot our drinks; good was brought out before we finished appetizers; water was not refilled! Hostess was pushy about cleaning off the table indicating we should leave . Would not go back!I would recommend this to a friend.