Crossroads at House of Blues - Houston
1204 Caroline Street
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crossroads at House of Blues - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houseofblues.com/houston
- Phone: (832) 667-7781
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 11:00am - Close
Saturday: 12:00pm - Close.
Sunday: 12:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: House of Blues offers in-house event catering for groups of 30 to 3,000 through our special events department. Please call 832.667.7755 for additional information.
- Entertainment: Crossroads at House of Blues offers live entertainment Thursday through Sunday evenings.
- Cross Street: Dallas Street
- Public Transit: The public transit spot nearest to House of Blues is located at the corner of San Jacinto Street and Dallas Street, just one block from the venue.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: House of Blues, located in GreenStreet, offers several guest parking options. Valet parking is available at our front door, there is surface lot parking at the corner of Dallas and Caroline (behind Reserve 101), and there are conveniently located parking garages at the corner of Polk and Fannin, and on Dallas Street between San Jacinto and Caroline. Street parking in the area is free after 6:00pm.
A word from Crossroads at House of Blues - Houston
Crossroads at House of Blues® is a lively restaurant and bar located on Caroline Street inside the world-famous House of Blues. It features a tantalizing menu created by celebrity chef and Food Network star, Aarón Sánchez. Enjoy signature dishes such as shrimp and grits, short ribs, fire-grilled flatbreads and warm bourbon bread pudding. Plus, some new twists on House of Blues favorites like jambalaya, slow-smoked pulled pork, signature burgers, salads and steaks. It’s food that's bold and classic yet contemporary. Open daily for lunch and dinner. Crossroads at House of Blues is truly the place where food, music and art intersect!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Crossroads at House of Blues - Houston - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Crossroads at House of Blues - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (41)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (27)special occasion (26)late-night find (21)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (12)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Food was good.MattyjDined on 11/18/2014We enjoyed dinner here before a concert! Service and food were great and we will be back! Made our date night fun.Special Features:
- Birthday for husbandDebbieDined on 11/14/2014We had never been to HOB before. I liked the atmosphere. The food was good. The wait staff was very helpful by telling us about the pass the line deal. We really enjoyed the blues band that was playing as we ate dinner. We even liked the little gift shop. We topped the night off with a concert upstairs. All together we had a really good time and will for sure come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only thing Blue was meMbc30224Dined on 11/11/2014Awful, went here thinking I was on the way to dinner, some music and a good evening. The food was mediocre. The music was hip hop, rap and was so loud you could not talk at all! By the time I left I had a h ad ache and a stomac ache. Had to walk three blocks back to the hotel and was pestered by panhandlers the whole way. Worst night out in Houston.
- Fun!BSBfanDined on 11/7/2014Great food and atmosphere! Acoustic singer was awesome! We had a waitress who was horrible unfortunately, but rest of the staff was wonderful and very friendly. Would go back, just would make sure not to sit in Randi's section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concert Perks yes but food so soJohnboyDined on 11/7/2014Manager was great and server was really friendly but a little slow. We were happy we scheduled the dinner almost 2 hours before doors opened at the concert. Loved the pass the line option to enter the concert especially since my mom walks with a cane and has a hard time standing for too long. The food was ok. Shrimp and grits was incredibly small portion. Then the meatloaf my mom ordered came from a bag and wasn't fresh. It wasn't completely horrible but disappointing with the prices we paid that the food wasn't actually made there, just heated up. Everything else was good and I would try them again primarily due to the convenience when going to a concert at House of Blues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, decent food.SaphirahDined on 10/26/2014My friend and I went in for dinner before a concert recently. Our server was absolutely amazing, the food however was just mediocre with the exception of the bread pudding. That has to be one of the best deserts I have ever had. The drinks are not bad, massively overpriced though from the last time I came...15 bucks is insane. Take away the "free souvenir glass" and it would be ok. Overall we had a good experience, however I would not recommend this places food for anything other than a way to "pass the line" for concerts. You certainly pay for it.
- Great timeJjoabauDined on 10/25/2014I had a great time. The food was great! The noise level, not so much. And I like loud music, but sometimes it was too loud and I couldn't talk to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- workinsugarlandDined on 10/25/2014Cool spot, a bit noisy, but I expected that. Younger crowd, jazz band. Drinks seem to be a bit overpriced unless you are there for Happy Hour and sit in the bar area. (my husband's Hurricane drink was $15- whoah) I think the drink menu should have the prices on them so you are not in for a big shock when the bill comes. Overall a cool energetic spot!!Special Features:
- ServiceServiceDined on 10/23/2014it took about 45 minutes to get our food. This seemed extremely longSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but convenientHDG4Dined on 10/22/2014The food was really good, but expensive. Our easy drink order (4 of the same drink) was messed up. The waitress apologized and quickly brought us the correct drinks. When the check came, I asked the waitress to split it 50-50 with my friend. When I got the check, it was more like 65-35. All that being said, the food was good and the location was very convenient as we were going to a concert at HOB later that night.
- Slow Servicencl2103Dined on 10/22/2014Came here before a show at HOB since we had a coupon with the tickets. Service was SO SLOW. The restaurant was half empty and it took our server about 10 minutes to even acknowledge us. My husband ordered a beer which took at least another 15 minutes. We ordered the jalapeno cornbread, which was delivered in a decent amount of time (before the beer) but there was no silverware, and no server to be found anywhere, so we had to grab some from another table. Food was so-so and overpriced. Will not be coming back.
- Table for one no funTable4onenofunDined on 10/21/201410.21.2014 @ 1730/p Ne-Yo concert. I was seated at my table.. Ice tea not a drinker ordered within 4 minutes my meat loaf was placed in front of me. "someone ordered it and didn't want it".. so just give it to me right? Yes I should have told them to take it back.. My fault it was my first time there and overwhelmed at the speed that the food came so quick... Did you microwave it because it was hot? Don't do that to anyone again.. I wanted to enjoy the ambience not feel rushed especially when told "IT"S MY FIRST TIME".(bam..Bam now hurry up and leave so the drinkers can come)Special Features:
- Awesome service!ALS24Dined on 10/19/2014We went to celebrate my daughter's and mother's birthdays. We had reserved a booth which wasn't available but were seated in front of the stage which worked out ok. The food was average and pretty pricey but the service, ambiance and entertainment was awesome! We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined on 10-14happydinerDined on 10/14/2014We ate at Crossroads on 10-14 prior to the Eagles concert at Toyota Center. We have made a tradition of this since HOB is convenient to Toyota Center. Highly recommend making a reservation before events at Toyota Center. Food was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- A Houston GemBluesmanDined on 10/11/2014The H.O.B. Houston Crossroads has a specific Houston flavor that makes it a Houston Gem. The Friday evening bands at the crossroads gives it that unique blend of live music and fine dining that is a treasure. Expect me again.Special Features:
- frequentdinerfrequentdinerVIPDined on 10/6/2014Fun drink combinations, nice happy hour specials and great ribs.Special Features:
- food took to long to getdeleonriosDined on 10/4/2014We order food and it took about 55 minutes to get our food and other people got there they got there food faster then us. No one even let us know that they were behind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't miss spot in Houston!HoustonCriticVIPDined on 10/3/2014Went for dinner Friday before seeing a show upstairs, we had a great server, enjoyed the food and the band they had in the restaurant. We will definitely be heading back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love HOBTuckerDined on 9/29/2014Its great to have a sit down and chat with friends, and great food. I love the music while I eat and chat with friends.Special Features:
- I love this place!jab92Dined on 9/21/2014I live 1 1/2 hours away. Any excuse to come to Houston's HOB is always a good one. I love dining here before a concert (I'm a concert junkie). On this particular visit, the wait staff was verrrryyyy slow. Despite me noting to the Hostess (who called to confirm my dinner reservations earlier that day) that I was attending the concert at HOB - she took her time. HOB wasn't especially busy, as this was a Sunday evening. We had to ask for drinks, and our check. Even though I had this experience, I will come back. I love the atmosphere too much to let one mediocre waitress spoil my dining experience. I tipped her appropriately even thought she wasn't very attentive to our table.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Food was good but our server seen her every twenty mins and got check wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greateat4funDined on 9/21/2014Service was amazing. Great food. I will definitely go back and have already recommended it to several people. The manager was extremely nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceStephanieDined on 9/17/2014Our waiter was beyond awesome. We had such a great time. The food was the best ever!Special Features:
- Assemble spotjjex2Dined on 9/14/2014for me it was ideal because it is the House of Blues, so makes it fun or 'more fun' than just attending a concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Part of the Concert Experiencekren88Dined on 9/14/2014This is my third time to eat at Crossroads either before or after a scheduled concert, and the first time I made reservations. I would definitely recommend the reservation process. While the food sounds fit for foodies, the flavors and quality often fall short for the price - except for the Jalapeño Maple Corn Bread which is delicious and unique to Crossroads . That being said, for me and my friends, it is part of the overall concert experience and we would never choose to eat anywhere else before a show.Special Features:
- Fun Date NightLuv4FoodNFunDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I had a really fun date night at House of Blues. We got concert tickets and decided to book dinner there before the show. The spinach artichoke dip was good and both of us "made" our own burger - they were really good! The highlight of the meal for my husband were the pickled cucumbers that came with his burger (not your traditional burger pickles). They reminded him of the ones his mom makes. About halfway through dinner, a great 3-piece blues band began to play and really livened things up. After dinner, we headed up to the concert and had an amazing time! We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming one of my favorite spotsWilliamVIPDined on 8/31/2014Love coming here. The food is great,along with the service. From the waitstaff to management they treat you well and make you feel welcomed. We've gone with family as well as just the two of us and it's been enjoyable each time. We've also seen the same Blues Band each time and enjoy their set on Sun nights. It's a great place to go. Highly recommend the cornbread and bread pudding. Both are ridiculously good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, but some service issues.MommaCK3Dined on 8/29/2014We really enjoyed the band and even didn't mind that they were so loud we couldn't talk. Food was good. The only complaint we have is it took half an hour to get 3 drinks from the bar because the bar was "so backed up". In a place like this where many people are eating before catching a show at HOB, they should move a little more quickly. Other than the ridiculously slow bar service, we enjoyed dining there. We will give it another chance. Maybe it was an "off" night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good spot for pre-HOB eventsMseanbDined on 8/29/2014It's convenient to the HOB theater, so I would definitely go back. Nice varied drink menu for cocktails. But I would enjoy a few more craft beer choices (American IPAs from the west coast would be awesome - Lagunitas IPA, Stone, Green Flash, just for starters). generous portions of regional favorites, but just okay to good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a blast!NixitDined on 8/25/2014Really fun dinner and great beer selection...followed by a fantastic performance by Mark Ballas and then Jesse McCartney. Can't wait to go back next month! This will definitely be a regular girls night out spot for us!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not please with FOODbclark627Dined on 8/16/2014I was not please with my choice meal. My date was please with his choice. The fish tacos was fishy, small and not tasty. Thw waitress was GREAt we was allow to view the Foundation Room and had another experience. I was a member in New Orleans with my organization and wanted to become a personal member. I had a glass of Chad Kendall Jackson and a Miller lite, total ($20) I didnt know about that until my guess and I got home. Bad expereince witht the Foundation Room but enjoyed the music downstairs. We wanted to know how and what cost to become a member because I enjoyed being a member for years. I wanted to show my boyfriend a great place to hang out so that he will get us a memebership. Parking was $15 I think that was crude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate Here !!GBrown0816Dined on 8/16/2014Was at your House of Blues_Houston location this part Saturday night (the 16th). My 53rd birthday. We planned on dinner at Crossroads, and afterwards seeing a local band that was playing there that night; Generation Landslide! The meal was perfect. A little pricey. Service was great. The whole experience was very good EXCEPT...the coffee. Either wasn't fresh, or you guys are competing with Star Bucks with who serves the strongest tasting coffee. I would recommend toning it down some (you just Community Coffee...I'm guessing). A more milder roast...but not too weak. BESIDES that...all is well. Would do the whole experience again. Dinner and Generation Landslide! was wonderful. A fun time was had by my wife and myself. We'll be back !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy HourShancamDined on 8/15/2014Happy hour was great. I was also able to use the "skip the line" feature for an entrance into the concert. Managed to get front row!!!! Yay!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient dining before a concertLJinTXDined on 8/14/2014We decided to try Crossroads out because we were going to a concert at House of Blues. We were seated promptly and there were plenty of tables available in the 6pm time frame. Also, they have a stage and a 2 person band was playing - too loud to really have a conversation at the table. The best item we had was the Voodoo Shrimp - just order it! Large shrimp in a delicious sauce on top of cornbread - really large enough for 1 person for a meal or 2-3 people to share as an appetizer. Food came quickly, however drinks did not. You can get in and out in an hour or so to make a concert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Great music, and even better food. Service was great as well. Note, if you are taking a date here just know that this is a live music establishment, so it will be hard to hear your date. If you're coming for great food and live music though...this is the place to be.Special Features:
- Great Food, Service is BadGoSpursGoDined on 8/9/2014We ordered an appetizer then drinks. After about 10 minute, we ordered dinner. Still waiting for drinks. After another 10 minutes we got our appetizer and food at the same time. Drinks came 5 minutes later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time At CrossroadsFoodie002Dined on 8/3/2014Visited the restaurant as it was close to the location I would be staying in Downtown. Found the menu to be a bit pricey, but not exorbitant. The hostess was charming and attentive; My dish was the Steak Salad with balsamic vinegarette and i found it to be suitable for the time of evening for which I was dining.Special Features:
- craft beer insultDnKBrownVIPDined on 8/1/2014cancelled reservation at Mia Bella because of an email announcing new craft beer little did I know a 12 ounce can would cost $8.50 not even draft !really?? I had a 16 ounce draft in Austin for $5 same beer. food is good but I will not be having beer there againI would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Awesome!Dad4eatinggoodfoodDined on 8/1/2014I expected this place to be like any other bar and grill. I made reservation the day we went and knew that was different. We walked and right away the staff was so attentive and looked you in the eye and made you feel welcome. The menu had American cuisine as well as unique items such as bacon wrapped meatloaf. The meal was delicious, the ambiance was great, and our waitress was so nice and very professional that I am bummed I dont remember her name. I would recommend this for a group of friends or a couples night out or anything in between. The meal was very reasonably priced for families as well. We will be going back for on our next visit to the House of blues. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- House of Blues -CrossroadsLSUMikeDined on 7/31/2014Great stop on your way to the concert. service was prompt and food is quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.