Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas
2200 North Lamar St.
Dallas, TX 75202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houseofblues.com/dallas
- Phone: 2149782583x
- Hours of Operation:
Open nightly for dinner service 4 P.M.
Open for lunch on Sat - Sun 11:30 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Otsuki
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: House of Blues offers catering for groups of 20 to 2,000.
- Entertainment: House of Blues offers live entertainment nightly on our Crossroads Dining Room Voodoo Stage!
Wednesday: Open Mic Night
- Special Events: Please contact Krishna Stacey for Special Event or private dinning inquiries at KrishnaStacey@livenation.com or 214.978.4854
A word from Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas
Crossroads at House of Blues® is a lively restaurant and bar located in Dallas inside the world-famous House of Blues. It features a tantalizing new menu created by celebrity chef and Food Network star, Aarón Sanchez. Enjoy signature dishes such as shrimp & grits, short rib meatball sliders and fire-grilled flatbreads plus some new twists on House of Blues favorites like jambalaya, slow-smoked pulled pork, signature burgers, salads and steaks. It’s food that's bold and classic yet contemporary. Crossroads at House of Blues is truly the place where food, music & art intersect!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas - Best Restaurants in West End ›
Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (49)hot spot (44)vibrant bar scene (40)late-night find (30)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (16)kid-friendly (14)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (7)romantic (4)Show More
- Great waiter but super slow on foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2014this is the second time that we've been here. The first time we had a fantastic experience waitress gave great service and we had great food came out just perfect. The second time around, the waiter was fantastic however you're back end kitchen Really needs to work on it because we pretty much had to hurry up and eat before we get into the concert. Because we basically had to scarf down our food, we didn't really get to enjoy it.
- MDSBCDined on 10/4/2014Great place been several imes when I visit Dallas on business five times a year.Special Features:
- Good ol concert venue/restaurantSoaustinDined on 10/4/2014I enjoy the atmosphere. It reminds me of a mix of Hard Rock Cafe and Stubbs in Austin. Service was good and the waiter was friendly and helpful. We were traveling to Dallas for the football game and he had plenty of suggestions for places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crossroads RockBPCBANDDined on 10/4/2014Crossroads at House of Blues has great food and it was enjoyed by Kids Who Rock (BPC).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicemaryDined on 9/30/2014They lost our ticket and it took over an hour for us to get our food. Our waiter was very nice and came out to tell us our food got lost and had been sitting in the window and forgotten about. They didn't pick up our tab which they should have, they just gave us a free beer.Special Features:
- Nice surprise, great food!DebraVIPDined on 9/24/2014We went there before a show because we wanted to eat and didn't have time to go anywhere else. What a nice surprise! We were not expecting much but the food and service were very good. It was open mic night and there were some very talented singers as well so the overall experience was great. We will be sure to go there again the next time we are attending a show.Special Features:
- Fun nightWeekendeaterDined on 9/24/2014We went before a concert and walked in on open mic night. It was such a fun atmosphere and entertaining all the way around. Our food was great. We both ordered Cajun dishes and no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!COreviewerDined on 9/23/2014Our group had a great time! BJ was a great server !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the MusichealthconcernedfoodieDined on 9/20/2014The food was average. Best was the banana bread pudding but it was served cold whereas most restaurants serve it heated. Sliders were ok, but buns were still cold (as though they had been refrigerated.) The music was entertaining, but noise level made it hard to hear. Most people were not paying attention to it.Special Features:
- Unexpectantly good!hajw88Dined on 9/20/2014Although it was a bit loud, the food and service was very good. We went before a concert at the HOB Dallas, so it was very busy. Our service was quick and always available if we needed to something. The food was very good, as a chain kind of place I expected the food to be "so-so", but it was very good. Great selection for every taste. I am a vegetarian and my friend isn't, and we both found yummies to eat. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best experienceemilyninaDined on 9/20/2014We chose Crossroads because we were going to go to a concert at HOB. I made reservations for 7pm. Concert started at 8:30. We were sat right away. But our server, Britney, was also sat 3 other tables at the same time. We placed a drink & appetizer order with her. Drinks came out right away. Our appetizer of spinach artichoke dip came out at 7:50. 45 minutes after ordering it. The table next to us (that was sat the same time as us) got their appetizers & entree in the time it took to get our dip. A table that was sat 5 minutes after us got their food before we got our appetizer. Our dining experience was not Britney's fault. Management/hostess quadruple sat her. We missed first band. We finished the meal & got check & out the door at 9:15Special Features:
- ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014Was told there was a show at the rest but onoly a paid one, need to be more clear to customers. Other then that it was a great first experience. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crossroads is great for locals!HappyTexanVIPDined on 9/13/2014Local bands, that is! What fun to go enjoy surprisingly good food - GET THE VOODOO SHRIMP (And a side order of cornbread to sop up the extra sauce) - along with music by local bands and artists.Special Features:
- ValentinaValentinaDined on 9/13/2014Food was great we loved our server Armando. We will ask for him next time. The entertainment was a band called Chill Factor. They are fantastic would definetly come back to hear them again.Special Features:
- Terrible burguerRockFanDined on 9/13/2014I asked for a medium rare burguer and it took nearly 25 minutes to be served and it was raw. And by raw I mean RAW. They didnt charge me but I would expect something extra (complimentary drinks or something). They were very apologetic and the service itself (other than the long wait for the food) was great.Special Features:
- AWESOME FOR ADULTS AND KIDS!!2travelerptldDined on 9/6/2014Stopped in for dinner while on vacation with best friend and her daughter! They got us right in with a reservation, service was TOP NOTCH, the recommendations of the waiter were perfect for all three of us ~ almost like he KNEW our tastes!! (mind you we each tried something different), music was AMAZING!! The lead singer was dynamic, energetic, and a great showman! We will definitely plan a return trip!!!!Special Features:
- not badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Food was good but overpriced and drinks were outrageous they charged me 19.75 for each double of crown and coke in restaurant, while in the show they were 12.50. Crazy
- Awesome food!!!ArtaviaDined on 9/4/2014The best ever. The ambiance was nice. Our waiter BJ was fabulous. The best bread pudding this side of the planet!Special Features:
- Downtown DallasdallasdinerDined on 9/3/2014Menu choices are typical bar types (burgers, chicken fish) in the $10-20 range. Beer and drinks are charged a premium which is ~ $2 more per drink than most places especially during 5-6 pm which is happy hour in most places. Food was what was expected but smaller in portion (3 shrimp with the fried grits), expected more for the cost. Servers were nice and cooperative.Special Features:
- Sound ProblemsdrmichaelhDined on 8/30/2014We got great service from the seating crew, from the floor manager, and especially the waiter (Armando). The food was great. We had Juicy Lucy and St. Louis Ribs. You can't go wrong. However, I was astonishingly disappointed with the sound system. This is the House of Blues! You would think that they would have good equipment! We were there for Wes Robbins and the music was great. The sound was frustratingly terrible. How can that happen? You would think that the management would stop everything and make it right. They didn't.Special Features:
- Wonderful EntertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great venue for listening to fantastic musicians while enjoying delicious food in a Dallas hot spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not returnDavid54dcDined on 8/28/2014Ignored by our waiter initially asked manager for another and she did good job. Food was mediocre this is more a club than a place to eat good food
- Exceeded expectationsGarfunkelAndOatesRockedDined on 8/22/2014Was a little loud I didn't care much for the 13 year old singing but hey she was good the server was very friendly and very polite and great staff and a very welcoming manager who personally checked up on our tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and concertAjfjrpDined on 8/22/2014After reading others' reviews, my expectations were pretty low, but we really wanted to see the performers that night so we took the chance. We had a great experience at both the restaurant and the concert. Our server, BJ, met us at the door and could not have been more attentive. The Voodoo Shrimp were excellent, as well as the "Jucy" Lucy burger and the Shrimp Po Boy. Our server got us a "jump the line" receipt when we were finished with dinner. Overall, an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Pre-concert dinnerTwiensDined on 8/15/2014We were going to a concert at the House of Blues, so I thought it would be easier to eat at the same place. Park once, and spend the whole evening there. Food was good. We split the fried chicken. Cornbread was good, but it's very sweet. We didn't feel like dessert because the cornbread was so sweet. Service was great. It's a large, rather rough rustic dining room, with a stage at one end. That had someone playing loud music. Not too loud, barely. Tha waiter said that if it's too loud, tell him and they will tone it down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarieDined on 8/9/2014Overall, we had a nice evening, the groupon was an added bonus...only problem was when we arrived, our table was not ready, couldn't understand due to the fact that we made reservations. so the manager created us a table in the back outside of the restaurant, was very displeased with this gesture, asked to be moved, which he obliged along with a complimentary round of drinks for everyone. More than anything, we enjoyed the appetizers, the entree was so-so. However, no doubt we will visit HOB again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly good food for a "chain"HappyTexanVIPDined on 8/8/2014I was honestly not expecting much - having been to many of these "entertainment dining" establishments over the years. The House of Blues, however, had us planning on coming back - even if it's just for dinner. The VooDoo Shrimp was an incredible way to start the meal - and I highly recommend getting the side order of skillet cornbread - just to help with "sopping" up the extra voodoo sauce on those shrimp. Service was incredible - again, for a place like this, I didn't expect much. But our waiter along with all of the assistants kept our glasses full and made sure our entire meal and experience was fun and tasty!Special Features:
- dining and entertainmentValentinaDined on 8/8/2014Great place for get togethers. The band, Chillfactor, was fantastic (best we've heard in years) Food was very good and the service was fantastic!!! We loved our waiter, Armondo. We look forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Awesome!Crash44Dined on 8/8/2014Great food and music, seated as soon as we arrivedSpecial Features:
- Great PlaceStephCanDined on 8/3/2014It's a nice open restaurant where the staff is very welcoming, food was hot, fresh and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTravelnut1972Dined on 8/1/2014I was excited to be eating at the House of Blues being from out of town, but the food was too pricey for the quality that was presented. We did enjoy my daughters New York steak, which was very tasty. I would have rather eaten at whataburger. The service was poor, although the host was very kind.Special Features:
- Live Music was a No-ShowFailDined on 8/1/2014Although the atmosphere, service, and food were great, we really wanted to take friends who came in from out of town to dinner with live music playing. That was why we chose Crossroads, it showed a performer going on at 7 pm. We booked a table next to the stage for 6:45, and had a nice dinner, but the performer no showed. We ended up walking to a bar down the street for entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before concert diningChrisDined on 8/1/2014The food was great, and the service was even better. This was our first visit yo the Dallas location, and everything we tried was excellent. We were going to a concert and decided to eat here before the show. Very convenientSpecial Features:
- great placeokiegirlsDined on 7/31/2014Enjoyed the outing, was worth the drive and had great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frozen food lovers unite!luv2dineDined on 7/30/2014Being the foodie I am, I would not choose Crossroads as I'm already familiar with their less than mediocre quality of food. We were rushed to get a bite to eat, though, before the concert we were seeing at House of Blues. From the host 'forgetting' that we were waiting to be seated and seating two of the same size parties as us who came in after us, to eating food that came out of the frozen food section at Sam's Warehouse, our $70 tab was insulting. The spinach artichoke dip is right of the box; just like we made in our poor college days! The dry thin strip of fish laying in the dry corn tortilla, also known as, fish tacos, had mounds of lettuce to give the appearance that the the sliver of fish was more than it was actually.
- mehhenzDined on 7/26/2014Im not one to typically wrote bad reviews, but I'm gonna have to start. The strip steak I ordered was choked perfectly, however the potatoes I ordered were bland. The service was very slow and our waitress was preoccupied. I had called ahead to see if there was some kind of show that night and they said yes. Turns out it was a club night which I was not interested in. Overall, I wouldn't take a date there again.Special Features:
- Good TimesconcertaddictDined on 7/25/2014I have always been told to eat at the House of Blues for gooooood food. So I took up that opportunity when I went to the American Dream Tour in Dallas. There was a miscommunication in my reservation, but the manager was very helpful and seated us instantly! Our waiter was extremely nice and was always there when we needed a refill or anything extra. The food was very refreshing after being out in the hot sun all day and not too heavy to eat before rocking out at the concert. I recommend the burger bites, blueberry tea, and the ice cream of the day. I will DEFINITELY be coming back!Special Features:
- Good Food, Not So Great ServiceLefty58Dined on 7/20/2014We arrived prior to our reservation time to be told that a table would have to be cleared. After waiting several parties arrived and without any wait were seated immediately. The hostess clearly knew that she had overlooked us but by that time the better available tables had already been given to parties without reservations. There was also a lengthy delay in getting drinks from the bar all of which led to a discussion with the manager which led to the comping of a round of drinks. No attempt or offer was made to comp the entire meal. One would like to think that making reservations on Open Table would provide us with some preferential treatment in regard to length of wait and selection of seating but in this case it did not.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedddgafferDined on 7/20/2014Poor experience, problem with reservation & seating, poor service, had to wave down waiter on several occaisions to request items, food took forever to come out but the worst was the steak ordered by one member of our party was cooked wrong not once but twice, how you can confuse rare with well done is beyond me. Send the first one back and the next one was medium at best, no pink center at all. We had to make show so unable to send it back again. Will not be back. This was my first time to try prior to an event and was not impressed
- Fun and friendly!RoboDined on 7/20/2014Bar and wait staff were very friendly, vibrant young people. Service was excellent! Voodoo shrimp appetizer was incredible, as was the lobster Mac and cheese and the fried chicken. The French dip sandwich was subpar....unusually sweet with soggy bread. But, overall, a nice dining experience prior to the Kenny Wayne Shepherd show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.