Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas
2200 North Lamar St.
Dallas, TX 75202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houseofblues.com/dallas
- Phone: (214) 978-2583
- Hours of Operation:
Open nightly for dinner service 4 P.M.
Open for lunch on Sat - Sun 11:30 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Otsuki
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: House of Blues offers catering for groups of 20 to 2,000.
- Entertainment: House of Blues offers live entertainment nightly on our Crossroads Dining Room Voodoo Stage!
Wednesday: Open Mic Night
- Special Events: Please contact Krishna Stacey for Special Event or private dinning inquiries at KrishnaStacey@livenation.com or 214.978.4854
A word from Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas
Crossroads at House of Blues® is a lively restaurant and bar located in Dallas inside the world-famous House of Blues. It features a tantalizing new menu created by celebrity chef and Food Network star, Aarón Sanchez. Enjoy signature dishes such as shrimp & grits, short rib meatball sliders and fire-grilled flatbreads plus some new twists on House of Blues favorites like jambalaya, slow-smoked pulled pork, signature burgers, salads and steaks. It’s food that's bold and classic yet contemporary. Crossroads at House of Blues is truly the place where food, music & art intersect!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas - Best Restaurants in West End ›
Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (44)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (31)late-night find (26)special occasion (25)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (6)romantic (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014good wait staff, but as you move to the show - if you are there for a show- the staff inside become hateful towards patrons. And as you try to leave, they herd you through the upstairs club so you can spend more $$$, then when you try to turn and take the stairs out, they force you back and say you MUST take the elevator.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre At BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014There was nothing positive about our dining experience here. The food was unappetizing and served to the 5 diners at our table at different times. The temperature in the restaurant was very chilly with the front door allowing extremely cold air into the dining room. The waiter was inattentive and frequently absent from the dining room. An extremely disappointing experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Very good experience. The waitress was new and young, needs some more time and training. Great mixed drinks.Special Features:
- Great Food, Not the Best ServiceHellKittenDined on 11/6/2014The food we got was awesome...pasta bolognese is amazing, as is the bread pudding. My husband ordered the quesadillas as a starter and then the jambalaya and bread pudding...of those three items he only actually received the quesadillas. I had already finished my pasta and his jambalaya never arrived, so we asked the waiter and he said there was a mix-up in the kitchen. By that time, our concert was getting ready to start soon so we said just forget it, let's get dessert. We both ordered a bread pudding but the waiter only brought out one, which we shared because at that point we just wanted to get out of there and go see our concert (King Diamond). They were very busy that night but forgetting two items is kind of over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Pre-concert DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014Went to House of Blues for a show and ate here before hand. Food was great - service was great. It was open mike night so we had some hometown music to listen to before the show. After we ate - the show was right next store!Special Features:
- Good Food & A Bit of HistoryChrisAVIPDined on 11/3/2014I arrived on a quiet night so was one of the few people in the place. I enjoyed some great southern cooking. I highly recommend the buttermilk fried chicken. The service was great and the waiter was very jazz knowledgeable. We talked about the early days of jazz and the folk artwork on the walls. A good ending to my day!Special Features:
- Good Service, But Food Needs HelpOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The atmosphere was fun and attractive, however the dining experience was one that I would not recommend. First off, They sat us in a booth where the seats were so low that the table came up to my "upper chest" area.....try cutting a steak with your elbows swung up to your shoulders. My steak was very undercooked. Our server Armondo was concerned and agreed that the steak was not cooked to Meduim. 20 minutes later, new steak appeared on my table. This steak was so overdone, it was almost uneatable. They did however offer me a salad or soup, "on the house", while I waited. I generously declined and at the end of the dinner, they did knock off 15% for the steak disaster. Please purchase a coat rack. There was no place to hang my coat.Special Features:
- Great food and ambiencePurplehaze972Dined on 10/31/2014My wife and I eat at Crossroads before a concert. The food was great and the wait staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic place, personable waiterTexasLerDined on 10/31/2014Love the eclectic atmosphere all over Crossroads and House of Blues. The two man show acoustic band playing in Crossroads, sounded good. Crossroads has a creative menu, so easy to find something to like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really cool placeJkiperDined on 10/22/2014Really good food and service. Servers made good recommendations and helped us out with getting to our show after dinner. Like would recommend dinning here before any show at the house of blues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waiter but super slow on foodBlueExperienceDined on 10/15/2014this is the second time that we've been here. The first time we had a fantastic experience waitress gave great service and we had great food came out just perfect. The second time around, the waiter was fantastic however you're back end kitchen Really needs to work on it because we pretty much had to hurry up and eat before we get into the concert. Because we basically had to scarf down our food, we didn't really get to enjoy it.
- MDSBCDined on 10/4/2014Great place been several imes when I visit Dallas on business five times a year.Special Features:
- Good ol concert venue/restaurantSoaustinDined on 10/4/2014I enjoy the atmosphere. It reminds me of a mix of Hard Rock Cafe and Stubbs in Austin. Service was good and the waiter was friendly and helpful. We were traveling to Dallas for the football game and he had plenty of suggestions for places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crossroads RockBPCBANDDined on 10/4/2014Crossroads at House of Blues has great food and it was enjoyed by Kids Who Rock (BPC).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicemaryDined on 9/30/2014They lost our ticket and it took over an hour for us to get our food. Our waiter was very nice and came out to tell us our food got lost and had been sitting in the window and forgotten about. They didn't pick up our tab which they should have, they just gave us a free beer.Special Features:
- Nice surprise, great food!DebraVIPDined on 9/24/2014We went there before a show because we wanted to eat and didn't have time to go anywhere else. What a nice surprise! We were not expecting much but the food and service were very good. It was open mic night and there were some very talented singers as well so the overall experience was great. We will be sure to go there again the next time we are attending a show.Special Features:
- Fun nightWeekendeaterDined on 9/24/2014We went before a concert and walked in on open mic night. It was such a fun atmosphere and entertaining all the way around. Our food was great. We both ordered Cajun dishes and no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!COreviewerDined on 9/23/2014Our group had a great time! BJ was a great server !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the MusichealthconcernedfoodieDined on 9/20/2014The food was average. Best was the banana bread pudding but it was served cold whereas most restaurants serve it heated. Sliders were ok, but buns were still cold (as though they had been refrigerated.) The music was entertaining, but noise level made it hard to hear. Most people were not paying attention to it.Special Features:
- Unexpectantly good!hajw88Dined on 9/20/2014Although it was a bit loud, the food and service was very good. We went before a concert at the HOB Dallas, so it was very busy. Our service was quick and always available if we needed to something. The food was very good, as a chain kind of place I expected the food to be "so-so", but it was very good. Great selection for every taste. I am a vegetarian and my friend isn't, and we both found yummies to eat. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best experienceemilyninaDined on 9/20/2014We chose Crossroads because we were going to go to a concert at HOB. I made reservations for 7pm. Concert started at 8:30. We were sat right away. But our server, Britney, was also sat 3 other tables at the same time. We placed a drink & appetizer order with her. Drinks came out right away. Our appetizer of spinach artichoke dip came out at 7:50. 45 minutes after ordering it. The table next to us (that was sat the same time as us) got their appetizers & entree in the time it took to get our dip. A table that was sat 5 minutes after us got their food before we got our appetizer. Our dining experience was not Britney's fault. Management/hostess quadruple sat her. We missed first band. We finished the meal & got check & out the door at 9:15Special Features:
- ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014Was told there was a show at the rest but onoly a paid one, need to be more clear to customers. Other then that it was a great first experience. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crossroads is great for locals!HappyTexanVIPDined on 9/13/2014Local bands, that is! What fun to go enjoy surprisingly good food - GET THE VOODOO SHRIMP (And a side order of cornbread to sop up the extra sauce) - along with music by local bands and artists.Special Features:
- ValentinaValentinaDined on 9/13/2014Food was great we loved our server Armando. We will ask for him next time. The entertainment was a band called Chill Factor. They are fantastic would definetly come back to hear them again.Special Features:
- Terrible burguerRockFanDined on 9/13/2014I asked for a medium rare burguer and it took nearly 25 minutes to be served and it was raw. And by raw I mean RAW. They didnt charge me but I would expect something extra (complimentary drinks or something). They were very apologetic and the service itself (other than the long wait for the food) was great.Special Features:
- AWESOME FOR ADULTS AND KIDS!!2travelerptldDined on 9/6/2014Stopped in for dinner while on vacation with best friend and her daughter! They got us right in with a reservation, service was TOP NOTCH, the recommendations of the waiter were perfect for all three of us ~ almost like he KNEW our tastes!! (mind you we each tried something different), music was AMAZING!! The lead singer was dynamic, energetic, and a great showman! We will definitely plan a return trip!!!!Special Features:
- not badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Food was good but overpriced and drinks were outrageous they charged me 19.75 for each double of crown and coke in restaurant, while in the show they were 12.50. Crazy
- Awesome food!!!ArtaviaDined on 9/4/2014The best ever. The ambiance was nice. Our waiter BJ was fabulous. The best bread pudding this side of the planet!Special Features:
- Downtown DallasdallasdinerDined on 9/3/2014Menu choices are typical bar types (burgers, chicken fish) in the $10-20 range. Beer and drinks are charged a premium which is ~ $2 more per drink than most places especially during 5-6 pm which is happy hour in most places. Food was what was expected but smaller in portion (3 shrimp with the fried grits), expected more for the cost. Servers were nice and cooperative.Special Features:
- Sound ProblemsdrmichaelhDined on 8/30/2014We got great service from the seating crew, from the floor manager, and especially the waiter (Armando). The food was great. We had Juicy Lucy and St. Louis Ribs. You can't go wrong. However, I was astonishingly disappointed with the sound system. This is the House of Blues! You would think that they would have good equipment! We were there for Wes Robbins and the music was great. The sound was frustratingly terrible. How can that happen? You would think that the management would stop everything and make it right. They didn't.Special Features:
- Wonderful EntertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great venue for listening to fantastic musicians while enjoying delicious food in a Dallas hot spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not returnDavid54dcDined on 8/28/2014Ignored by our waiter initially asked manager for another and she did good job. Food was mediocre this is more a club than a place to eat good food
- Exceeded expectationsGarfunkelAndOatesRockedDined on 8/22/2014Was a little loud I didn't care much for the 13 year old singing but hey she was good the server was very friendly and very polite and great staff and a very welcoming manager who personally checked up on our tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and concertAjfjrpDined on 8/22/2014After reading others' reviews, my expectations were pretty low, but we really wanted to see the performers that night so we took the chance. We had a great experience at both the restaurant and the concert. Our server, BJ, met us at the door and could not have been more attentive. The Voodoo Shrimp were excellent, as well as the "Jucy" Lucy burger and the Shrimp Po Boy. Our server got us a "jump the line" receipt when we were finished with dinner. Overall, an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Pre-concert dinnerTwiensDined on 8/15/2014We were going to a concert at the House of Blues, so I thought it would be easier to eat at the same place. Park once, and spend the whole evening there. Food was good. We split the fried chicken. Cornbread was good, but it's very sweet. We didn't feel like dessert because the cornbread was so sweet. Service was great. It's a large, rather rough rustic dining room, with a stage at one end. That had someone playing loud music. Not too loud, barely. Tha waiter said that if it's too loud, tell him and they will tone it down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarieDined on 8/9/2014Overall, we had a nice evening, the groupon was an added bonus...only problem was when we arrived, our table was not ready, couldn't understand due to the fact that we made reservations. so the manager created us a table in the back outside of the restaurant, was very displeased with this gesture, asked to be moved, which he obliged along with a complimentary round of drinks for everyone. More than anything, we enjoyed the appetizers, the entree was so-so. However, no doubt we will visit HOB again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly good food for a "chain"HappyTexanVIPDined on 8/8/2014I was honestly not expecting much - having been to many of these "entertainment dining" establishments over the years. The House of Blues, however, had us planning on coming back - even if it's just for dinner. The VooDoo Shrimp was an incredible way to start the meal - and I highly recommend getting the side order of skillet cornbread - just to help with "sopping" up the extra voodoo sauce on those shrimp. Service was incredible - again, for a place like this, I didn't expect much. But our waiter along with all of the assistants kept our glasses full and made sure our entire meal and experience was fun and tasty!Special Features:
- dining and entertainmentValentinaDined on 8/8/2014Great place for get togethers. The band, Chillfactor, was fantastic (best we've heard in years) Food was very good and the service was fantastic!!! We loved our waiter, Armondo. We look forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Awesome!Crash44Dined on 8/8/2014Great food and music, seated as soon as we arrivedSpecial Features:
- Great PlaceStephCanDined on 8/3/2014It's a nice open restaurant where the staff is very welcoming, food was hot, fresh and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.