Crisp. Wine, Beer, & Eatery
2220 Bevis Street
Houston, TX 77008Neighborhood:
Heights / Washington
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Crisp. Wine, Beer, & Eatery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://crisphouston.com/
- Phone: 7133600222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Monday- Saturday: 3:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm-10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday-Sunday: 10:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Jared Estes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room features a 10 ft. long table perfect for intimate gatherings to accommodate up to 14 guests. The private dining room is located on the South side of the building overlooking the garden/patio and houses the Wine Room where over 1,000 bottles of wine are temperature controlled for quality and consistency. With a 50” plasma TV equipped to play DVD’s and compatible with most any laptop, this space is perfect for any special occasion or gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Manager at Crisp 7133600222
- Entertainment: CRISP offers solo acoustic acts Friday & Saturday between 8pm & 11pm. Call us for more details.
- Cross Street: 23rd St.
- Public Transit: The Wave is always an option for reliable & safe transportation.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: CRISP is located on a corner lot equipped with 48 parking spots. Plenty of additional street parking, please be mindful of our neighbors properties. We offer complimentary valet Wednesday - Saturday. Please contact us for more details.
A word from Crisp. Wine, Beer, & Eatery
CRISP Wine, Beer & Eatery is committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality dining through our chef inspired menu and choice of over 100 hand selected fine wines and seasonal craft brews. Our indoor and outdoor eatery has an Old World flair with a New World influence, designed to evoke a sense of effortless sophistication in a stylish yet comfortable atmosphere where everyone feels welcome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Crisp. Wine, Beer, & Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (44)good for groups (39)great for outdoor dining (32)hot spot (27)great for lunch (26)vibrant bar scene (22)great for brunch (20)special occasion (17)late-night find (16)romantic (15)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (3)Show More
- Disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Music was Too loud. Had to ask waitress to keep repeating herself even though we were in the far back corner booth it was too loud. Two orders of drunk chicken were dry and overcooked. My extra-large meatballs were over a serving of cold spaghetti. Very Disappointing to drive from North Houston for an inadequate meal
- Pleasantly suprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014This was our first time at Crisp and we will be back a lot more! We recieved excellent service in addition to excellent food an drink.Special Features:
- Unique and delicious pizzaJohnahouDined on 8/25/2014Staff is exceptionally service oriented. As I waited for my party the hostess asked if I'd like anything to drink. When asked for pizza recommendations, server suggested several of her favorites. We choose two and we're pleased. The severs checked frequently to see how we were enjoying the food and asked if we needed anything. Very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loud but service was great!datenightdinerDined on 8/23/2014Great place, food and service but if you are wanting to carry on a conversation across the table it is not going to be easy as the noise level is very high...Overall it was a nice dinnerI would recommend this to a friend.
- So enjoyablelifeisgoodDined on 8/23/2014We met another couple here for a casual dinner on a well-appointed patio that made you smile just being there. The Dairymaid cheese and meat plates were exactly what we wanted over wine (surprising variety of wine) and the wait staff let us eat and chat without rushing us - so nice. We ordered a wide variety of dinners (pizza, salad, chick pea sandwich, ribs) and all were superb. I had the duck leg salad and the duck was seasoned so well, perfectly crisp and it just fell off the bone. The pizza rates with the best in the city. We left at 9:30 and the place was still packed with happy people. This was a meal worth our 20 minute drive from West U. Kudos Crisp - you have the perfect combo. Can you build it in West U please?Special Features:
- Excellent menuMyPleasureDined on 8/23/2014The food offered at this restaurant makes a final decision very difficult. If you like beer, you have a lot of exciting choices including flights so you can try several in one sitting.Special Features:
- I really like this place!PamelaVIPDined on 8/22/2014All is good here. The food, service and ambiance is very nice!Special Features:
- Great!bharm80Dined on 8/11/2014Crisp is one of my favorite places. Always good food, service, and wine!Special Features:
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014It was OK. The service was good, the food OK. The appetizer with goat cheese, marinara and drunken bread was the best I've had. All else was ok.Special Features:
- Crisp ReviewCrispReviewDined on 8/1/2014Crisp had great food and ambiance. We reserved a table for 6 adults and a baby. However, when we arrived they sat us at a 5 top so we had to squeeze a baby and an adult on one side of the table (very cramped). By the time all the food arrived, there was hardly any room for everyone's food. Also, they didn't have enough change when we payed so instead of getting $11.25 back she just gave us $11.00. If every server did that (shorted customers a quarter), Crisp would make so much money (unfairly). Not a very good business strategy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acceptable and inexpensiveNHWestsideDined on 7/27/2014Food are average. Good service and don't have to wait long. To my surprise, they have kid menu and feel my young son was welcome.Special Features:
- Craft beer and winecraftydudeDined on 7/27/2014It covers best of both worlds. Their brunch is wonderful and large portions. Def worth every penny! For the most part, we always receive great service but this last time it was either a new waitress or she was having a bad day. I won't knock this place for one bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vinotintoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Good for group setting. My last visit was a romantic dinner. "Amy" loved it. If Amy is happy everybody is happy. Great knowledgeable staff. Food was great, Awesome wine list. Will most definitely recommend to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood spotPirschVIPDined on 7/25/2014We were a few minutes early for our reservation, yet were still seated immediately. Service was great. Pizza was very good, and the lamb bolognase was excellent. Only complaint is that this place is LOUD. I like "energetic" places, but it was so loud is was difficult to communicate with the person next to me.I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobbieDined on 7/25/2014The food was great, had a pizza and the house salad. Our wait staff was very attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/21/2014Very nice place to go and hang out and relax after a long day of workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine - terrible foodHeightsdinerDined on 7/19/2014Ive been in the past and liked it but last time I went we ordered the toscano pizza and it was so salty that neither me nor my other two friends could eat it. We paid for our food but had to go somewhere else after to get dinner. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- JulieDined on 7/14/2014Sevice was awesome, great concept. Loved being able to try new wines without having to buy an entire bottle. Food was prepared great and serviced beautiful, nothing bad about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good serviceLauraDined on 7/12/2014Came with group of 8, was able to make reservation last minute easily. Waitress was best I have had in a long time. Good pizza. A friend ordered a ravioli dish that she disliked. I'd stick with pizza. We had a good time.Special Features:
- Great for ladies lunchkathybryant57Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent place for a ladies lunch. We were pleased that the noise level allowed us to have a conversation. Food was delicious and service was great. We want to come back and try the beer flights. How about adding a wine flight?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HelenSaysDined on 7/1/2014We're new to the neighborhood and had been intending to try Crisp. Nice enough place, good food & excellent service, but it was so noisy on a Tuesday evening we had to shout to be heard at our table. Probably won't go back unless we find out some sound attenuation is done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was only okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014My friend had a salad with shrimp and I had the salmon bbt. Both were moderately okay.Special Features:
- Great Beer and Wine MenuhoneymoonersDined on 6/20/2014I've seen wine flights before, but beer flights?? Genius. Food was fantastic. I got a little loud as it got later in the evening; but overall great ambiance. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with great foodMactexanDined on 6/19/2014Great fresh ingredients - fun energetic atmosphere - fun night out with friends. Parking a bit of a hassleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday LunchMisiDined on 6/19/2014Great food! Although the prices are high for lunch, the portions allow for sharing or a second meal. Our group of five had the garlic bread, margarita pizza, pizza salad with calamari, turkey wrap, ravioli, and Greek salad. None of us were disappointed and agreed it was a good find and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Empty Building TransformedtburkDined on 6/16/2014When we first moved into the Shady Acres neighborhood the corner a block from us was an empty and derelict building. This has been transformed into a real gem of an eatery and bar. A splendid choice of burgers, pizzas and other delicious items combines with excellent craft beers and a fine wine list. An asset to the neighborhood for sure.Special Features:
- Laid back dining.......OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Good restaurant where you feel comfortable and have some pretty good food. Our Taleggio Florentine pizza was good, but they should have had alot more spinach and artichoke on it and less onion rings. Crust is perfect. Someone at our table got the risotto balls, but they were not my favorite. Just odd combo of flavors. Other people had steak and liked it too. Fun beer list.......great place to watch a game with friends or unwind after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedcmatt8Dined on 6/14/2014Came here late on a Saturday night. Had the crab Mac n cheese. This place exceeded expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we always love going to crispTexasHappyHourLoverDined on 6/10/2014i have been to crisp many times for mainly the pizza and wine. Both with groups and just as a couple, the place is absolutely cute and always a fun atmosphere. I have never sat outside, but the courtyard space is rather large. my recent visit with a group was just great. the 8 of us got 4 pizzas and there was nothing left :) i would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopping place!LJinTXDined on 6/10/2014Met some friends for dinner. This place was very busy! Tuesday special was 25% off bottle of wine if you get a pizza. Good selection of wines and nice collection of delectable sounding pizzas. Service was attentive and friendly. A great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- laura10Dined on 6/7/2014I really enjoyed my food here. I have come for lunch a few times and most recently for dinner. My sister, however, did not enjoy the experience. She has a gluten allergy and the waitress was not very polite about it and basically only offered her a salad. They offer GF pizza crust and pasta but the waitress told my sister both were not very good. Needless to say, I would recommend going elsewhere if you have someone with a gluten allergy in the group. I had the ravioli which was amazing and the drunken garlic bread is always a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Sunday afternoonLJinTXDined on 6/1/2014Met a friend for lunch on a Sunday. We shared some of the sandwiches - great and unique offerings. Service was very good. Restaurant was busy and not too loud for Sunday afternoon. They have a nice selection of beers, wines and something for everyone in the food selection.Special Features:
- FOODIECOUPLEDined on 5/31/2014ABSOLUTELY ONE OF MY FAVORITE FOOD PLACES FOUND IN HOUSTON THUS FAR. GREAT SERVICE, FOOD AND AMBIANCE. WILL BE COME A FREQUENT DINE SPOT FOR US!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014Food is amazing! Huge wine list! Very impressive all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrendyEatDrinkRepeatDined on 5/22/2014Food was excellent, but it took our waiter about 10 minutes to even come talk to us. We had truffle parmesean fries and saffron risotto balls for an app and then split one of the pizza and the Orchard Salad. We then had the brownie for dessert. The food was awesome but again the waiter seemed like he cared more to check himself out in the mirrow every five seconds then come serve us. We ordered wine at about 7:30pm and the table before us convienently got the last bottle so we had to choose another...annoying. We didn't sit at the bar, but it was very large and looked to be very happening.Special Features:
- Just Delicious Delious!ClintADined on 5/17/2014This was our second time to visit. The food is definitely the star. I had the short rib. It's so good! I love the variety of draft beers. Another great reason to go to Crisp. If you have not tried Crisp, you simply must! Just deliciousSpecial Features:
- JsaurDined on 5/17/2014Staff was very accommodating and kind and we ordered a great pizza! The only odd thing was that the restaurant was literally empty when we got there around 5 and they seated us right next to the ONLY other single-occupied table along the same wall. She was about 2 feet away from us and it was just bizarre given that the entire restaurant was empty. Other than that, food was delicious and the server gave great recommendations.Special Features:
- GREAT!! FOOD, Fine Beers, WinesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Great mixture of guests, all enjoying the choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantGencriolloDined on 5/11/2014Our family loves eating at Crisp! We used to live down the street and walked there all tbe tkme. We recently moved across town, but we still make our way back to Crisp! Amazing food.and.serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Draft DayJudgeVIPDined on 5/8/2014A fun place for my group of gals to watch the bar scene excitement over the NFL draft first round, an unexpected treat. We sat back and ate great pizza and drank fancy wine. We could still hear each other, but it was a lot if fun to be part of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.