Copperleaf Restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge
18525 36th Ave. South
Seattle, WA 98188Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
Copperleaf Restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cedarbrooklodge.com/
- Phone: 2062144282
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30 am - 2:00 pm; Dinner Daily: 5:30 - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Mark Bodinet
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Brightwood is a private dining room especially suited for parties of 10 - 18 people. Its private terrace and waterfall make Brightwood an ideal location for intimate social gatherings. Chef Mark Bodinet will happily prepare a customized menu made with "best of the season" products. You may choose from the seasonal a la carte menu, hand-crafted cocktail menu and our regional wine list. It features a wide variety of organic and bio-dynamic Northwest wines. The Copperleaf team looks forward to welcoming you soon.
- Private Party Contact: Roy Breiman 2062144155
- Special Events: Save Bristol Bay July 9 - 15, 2012 Copperleaf Restaurant will be offering a special four-course tasting menu - featuring fresh wild sockeye salmon straight from the pristine waters of Bristol Bay, Alaska. Bristol Bay, one of the world's greatest and most sustainable fisheries is currently threatened by a proposed open-pit gold and copper mine that foreign companies want to develop in the headwaters of Bristol Bay's most productive salmon rivers. Come savor the beautifully distinct red flesh and exception flavor of the sockeye salmon, one of the healthiest (and delicious) sources of protein and Omega-3s. Help share in the responsibility of making certain one of the last great fisheries is protected for generations to come. View Copperleaf's entire tasting menu here. Priced at only $65 per person (exclusive of tax and gratuity,) optional regional and local wine pairings are also available for $30. Make it a scrumptious evening. Support a superb cause.
A word from Copperleaf Restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge
Copperleaf Restaurant & Bar is a Northwest gathering spot serving seasonally-inspired farm-to-table cuisine. The entire team is committed to sustainable practices bringing the season's best to your table. Chef Mark Bodinet hand selects products from small local farms, fishermen, ranchers and artisans as well as products from his on-site chef's garden for many of his evening offerings. Arrive early and experience a seasonal cocktail or glass of Washington State Syrah in Copperleaf Bar where the lounge menu is available daily. Come see why Copperleaf Restaurant is a truly "Quintessentially Northwest" experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Copperleaf Restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge - Best Restaurants in Seatac ›
Copperleaf Restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)fit for foodies (62)romantic (40)neighborhood gem (35)great for outdoor dining (29)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (23)scenic view (22)good for groups (18)great for brunch (5)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Open cathedralLLarivDined on 9/13/2014The service was a little slow to get started but once contact was made it became excellent. The complimentary crab cake appetizer was delicately prepared and tasty. The salad was crisp with just the right amount of dressing. The filet mignon was done to medium rare just right and though, not prime, it was very tender and flavorful. The only minus is the open area sitting with no privacy, similar to eating in a open hall with tables. Forget about a romantic evening here when you can peer into the next table and listen to adjacent conversations without trying. They need dividers or sitting arrangements to give diners some sense of ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but Limited SelectionmastsmDined on 9/10/2014The food was outstanding. We would have liked some more selections on the menu, however. The prices were somewhat high, but the quality was worth it. This is an unusual location, in the middle of a mid-class neighborhood, so not sure how much of clientele they have. The restaurant is located in the Cedarbrook Hotel, which is near Sea-Tac Airport and probably gets a lot of business clients. Got the impression that they were striing for a "Canlis" atmosphere. Some nice little touches, like an "amuse bouche" two-bite offering before dinner and a refreshing soda aperitif after dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceC2bauntieDined on 9/8/2014The menu selection was varied and creative. The food was beautifully presented. The dishes were fresh, flavorful and colorful. The sides complimented the entree well. The staff was excellent and they cared about our dining experience. Really, they cared a lot about it. They were also a nice mix of relaxed, friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. I cannot recommend the Copperleaf enough.Special Features:
- Wonderful SurpriseWendyVIPDined on 9/7/2014We were staying at an airport hotel in Tacoma/Seattle, looking for a neighborhood place to eat. We came across this restaurant in Trip Advisor and Open Table. Since our hotel would not provide transportation to the Cedarbrook Lodge resort, their hostess Terri sent their own shuttle to pick us up. The lodge is definitely not an airport hotel! It is more of a resort. The restaurant has a wonderful ambiance, including an outdoor dining area, complete with fireplace and firepits. We had the most fantastic meal, with a terrific server, Justin, who took great care of us, advising us on menu items and making perfect recommendations. We would absolutely recommend this resort and this restaurant.Special Features:
- Sea TacSamSara15Dined on 9/5/2014The food is delicious but pricey and little too precious. The salmon would have been better with a subtle sauce. Only complaints were that the espresso and French press machines were not working and the regular coffee was too weak even for regular coffee. And they could not comply with a request for Irish coffee Otherwise for a location near the airport, the location and food were wonderful.Special Features:
- UNIQUE MENUPURPLECAFEEXPERIENCE5STARDined on 9/5/2014THERE WERE 4 OF US FOR LUNCH. 3 OF THE 4 HAD THE BLACK & BLUE SALAD. EVERYONE CLEANED HER PLATE. ONE SAID IT IS THE BEST B & B SALAD SHE HAS EVER HAD. I HAD A VEGETARIAN ENTREE. IT WAS DELICIOUS!! THE MENU HAS A GREAT VARIETY AND THE CHEF MAKES AND ORDINARY ENTREE UNIQUE AND FLAVORFUL! GIVE IT A TRY.Special Features:
- Best Food South of SeattlesirilinneaVIPDined on 8/31/2014It always surprises Seattle friends when we tell them to meet us at The Copperleaf. We love this restaurant. The food and service are flawless. Recommendations from the staff are spot on, so let them take care of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deedeeDined on 8/30/2014the restaurant itself is pleasing to the eye. the staff was pleasant. I would recommend the corn soup but I would not recommend the New York steak.for the price you pay you would expect for the steak to easily be sliced and melt in your mouth.unfortunately the steak was a challenge to cut and tough to eat.Special Features:
- Mark & VickiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014One of our favorite places. Great evening, great food, great ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemDeMoVIPDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant and the hotel/lodge it is a part of is tucked away in a neighborhood near the airport. The food we had for lunch was very good. The atmosphere is quite different in that it is very open, but it still has an lot of charm with walls of windows to the wooded outdoors.Special Features:
- Love it here!JudyannDined on 8/25/2014We had a lovely anniversary celebration complete with complimentary champagne and appetizer. Thank you, Cedarbrook/Copperleaf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great executionMattCVIPDined on 8/21/2014Best service and foods in So. King County, bar noneSpecial Features:
- Excellent products and cookingSeachelDined on 8/20/2014This quiet restaurant has an elegant decor. The service is very careful and pleasant. Above all the quality of the natural products, the very refined receipies and the perfect cooking show that the United States are capable of the best in food (we are french people).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a GEM near SeatacsactowndinerDined on 8/19/2014We wanted to celebrate our anniversary before my husband flew out of SeaTac. We were staying in a hotel nearby for the evening. Not much fine dining near the airport but Copperleaf was a definite EXCEPTION! All the food was wonderful and artistically presented. My daughter the vegetarian also enjoyed her dining experience with us. We were offered an amuse bouche (sp?) and also complimentary champagne for our anniversary. I had octopus appetizer, duck entrée and peach sorbet for dessert--all scrumptious! Service was attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- DMB123Dined on 8/15/2014A hidden gem. Great chef, with beautiful presentations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usual.PattyDined on 8/15/2014My group has been several times for lunch and we are always pleased with our service. We are never rushed and are allowed to visit for several hours. The lunch menu is a little limited, but everyone enjoyed their lunch. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Nice Romantic Get-A-WayRetailManagerVIPDined on 8/12/2014The ambience was rustic elegance, the food was very good and well seasoned, the service a little inexperienced but willing. Over-all good for the nice get-a-way close to the airport.Special Features:
- Hidden GemBDFoodieDined on 8/12/2014I always enjoy taking new individuals to this delightful restaurant. Driving to it all wonder at the destination by the neighborhood we proceed through. Everyone is surprised as we discover the locations manicured park like setting upon arrival. The surprise does not end there as the service and the food always impress whether it be lunch or dinner. For those looking for a venue for a special occasion this is the place especially if it entails out of town guests. Not once have I or my guests been disappointed with the Cedarbrook Lodge or it's Copperleaf Restaurant.Special Features:
- Romantic!BRC2272VIPDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is designed for a very special, intimate, cozy lunch or dinner....truly a foodie's delight! The tasting menu was just amazing and the wine pairings superb. Service, warm, friendly, attentive. It is a bit pricey, but the food, the service, the experience worth every penny and then some! From the moment we were greeted by the Valet as we drove up, service reigns supreme. My husband who can be a bit of a cynic and critical absolutely raves about our dining experience here. Thank you to all!Special Features:
- Excellent secretOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Every visit, and this was my 3rd, has been by far the most enjoyable evening out. It makes going out for dinner a very special occasion even just for a normal naught. I don't think the palomino space needle j howie even come close. Food has always been excellent, and staff very pleasant. Keep up the consistency!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014We've been to Copperleaf Restaurant on several special occasions and they do not disappoint. They think of everything.Special Features:
- Food was good to greatHonestyDined on 8/2/2014Most everyone at our table if nine enjoyed their food. The three lettuce salad was beyond any lettuce salad I've had! The fois gras was sublime, especially with the Sauternes that Rebecca recommended. The pineapple upside down cake was surprising and wonderful - slightly deconstructed, nutty, filled with something yummy. The disappointment was the bacon wrapped ling cod - over cooked nugget of fish wrapped in bacon which made it taste like nothing but bacon. David was a friendly server. Rebecca did well with wine recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find near Sea-Tac Airportminr49rDined on 7/27/2014Enjoyed food and menu. Lamb was rare versus the requested medium rare but very tasty. Only criticism was waiter who was very attentive brought a 2nd bottle of Leonetti Merlot that was a different year than the first. I was fine with this but surprised when he poured the 2011 into my glass that still held a bit of the 2012. For an expensive wine and an upscale restaurant this was a major faux pas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemLarryVIPDined on 7/26/2014A very nice retreat and restaurant tucked away in a residential neighborhood. The restaurant is very good but the chef forgets that we are there to eat not just admire his pretty presentation. The filet mignon was cooked perfectly although slightly charred. The salmon slightly undercooked. Guess that's better than overcooked and dry. Forget about vegetables as what was provided was more for show not eating. The dinner rolls were very good. I enjoyed the taste of the salad while my lady did not. The greens were bitter and there were spoiled leaves and wrinkled (old) Bryan tomatoes. That stuff should never ever make it in the dish. Its better suited for the compost bin. A very expensive dining experience.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseBonefishkenDined on 7/25/2014We stopped over in Seattle on our way home to San Francisco from Europe. The Cedarbrook Lodge was our airport hotel choice. We arrived tired and went to the restaurant for a drink and light dinner. It was excellent, an easy five stars. The host and server were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, dissappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014Great ambiance/setting. Overall, the food was disappointing. Foie gras was very good. Salmon was OK. Ling cod was terrible,. and a very mushy consistency. Fish and chips were terrible as well - both the fish and frys were soggy and tepid. Didn't bother to order dessert.
- Great find in Seattle areaBruceTexasVIPDined on 7/17/2014Copperleaf at the Cedarbrook Lodge was an outside find near SEA-Tac. The chef was very creative mix and matching unique flavors. I had the Halibut. It was very fresh and medium rare. The pineapple upside cake was excellent also. We will be back on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is wonderful - service???KevEatsDined on 7/14/2014Copperleaf Restaurant is one of the very few top notch restaurants in the South End of Seattle. The food, the presentation is that of a very high end restaurant and it is clear that the back of the house has it dialed in. Unfortunately, the front of the house is not up to the same level. Our waiter, with a fairly heavy accent was more interested in moving us in...getting our order and getting us out. Mind you we had 5:30pm reservations and while we were there, the restaurant was never more than 1/4 full. There were further items with dessert, but I was done with this waiter - if the Copperleaf wasn't a higher end restaurant, I wouldn't expect a certain level service...but they are, and I do. This guy wasn't up to the task....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for special event.MothersdaysteakDined on 7/13/2014We arranged our visit for a special occasion, our anniversary and we were welcomed with a glass of campaign. That was a nice welcome and surprise. Our waiter was quite knowledgeable and helpful. The food was artfully prepared and presented. All in all, it was a very memorable visit that we would repeat and recommend.Special Features:
- Not so impressedStaceyDined on 7/12/2014So disappointed, main reason for choosing the Copperleaf was for a summer time outdoor experience and we were told there was nothing available. Hmmmm only 2 other couples dining out side and 3 inside!?!? We were sat at a dinky little table by the water serving bar... So many other great tables open that we could of been sat at. We went around 8:45pm so it wasn't like they were reserved. Felt like the staff rushed used. Food was good, smaller portions then I would of like for the price but overall good flavor.Special Features:
- OutstandingJurisdobesDined on 7/10/2014The most outstanding meal we have had in years. We live in Gig Harbor, and were looking for a restaurant near Sea-Tac at which to meet a friend for dinner. Service was attentive, cordial, helpful, explanatory. Food was presented beautifully and ingredients were intelligently combined. Delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis in SeatacTink2012Dined on 7/8/2014This was my third time dining at Copperleaf, and it was my first summer visit. We were able to sit on the outside patio. Service was excellent. There was a dull hum of traffic, but not enough to challenge conversation. Two of us had halibut cooked to just the right point of doneness. One had foie gras, and the fourth soft-shell crab. All were excellent. The standout of the night was the white peach sorbet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!COvisitingWADined on 7/4/2014The Cedarbrook Lodge has got us hooked. Having the sumptuous Cooperleaf Restaurant in our favorite hotel is icing on the cake. Meals are sumptuous - and the green onion soup is to die for. Wait staff are top notch, know what they're serving you and make the dining experience even more enjoyable by explaining things as they deliver your plate. Presentation is the best we ever seen ANYWHERE (and we've traveled the world) - and the amuse bouche add a very special little touch. And, it's a standout restaurant that, since they make everything fresh and to order, was not only able to offer my wife almost everything on the menu gluten free, but even when they came with our bread, had special G.F. bread rolls hot out of the oven for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a casual dinnerhtdiremDined on 7/2/2014I enjoyed our meal here and the atmosphere was quiet and calm, which I personally like. I wouldn't write home about it, but it was nice. Pros - Quiet: you can actually hear conversations and it's much more calming after a long week than a bustling place. Unique food: if you like unique menu items, you'll enjoy interesting flavor combinations Reasonably priced: the portions are on the smaller side, but the prices are about where they should be Cons - Preparation: Preparation was so-so, a little overcooked and over-garnished. I did not like wilted celery served on top of the seared foie gras. Wine List: Limited selection of wines and the servers were not very knowledgeable about the wines. Would go here for a casual dinner again.Special Features:
- Return to CopperleafWhidbeyfoodieDined on 6/30/2014We first dined here more than a year ago and were blown away. This time decided to stay at the Inn before an early morning flight, too. Curiously, we were seated at a table next to another occupied table, although there were clearly others available. Unfortunately, outside seating was full - it was a beautiful evening. We ordered the tasting menu - with wines. The overall experience was very good - at times exceptional. The standout was the spring onion soup paired with a blanc de blanc. The soup was creamy and wonderfully subtle. A perfect start.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceSeaGal2009Dined on 6/27/2014Dined at this restaurant with three lady friends and it was a most wonderful experience. The service was incredible. The food was delicious and presented beautifully. Our waiter, Ben, was very attentive. The location of the restaurant is an out of the way place not far from Sea-Tac Airport. It is worth finding and having a nice quiet lunch or dinner. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- FantasticP47TimDined on 6/22/2014Truly the finest restaurant in the SeaTac neighborhood, and certainly one of the best in the greater Puget Sound area. We tried the tasting menu with the wine pairings and were very impressed with the quality of the food and appropriateness of the pairings. We will be back at our earliest opportunity.Special Features:
- Amazing dining experienceCounselorDJMDined on 6/22/2014This is not in any way the typical "conference center" restaurant! We chose the chef's tasting menu and it was fabulous. The dishes were inventive and unusual but not "strange." Flavor combinations were delicious and the wine choices were perfect for each course. The service was fantastic and the pacing was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorsfeedme08Dined on 6/20/2014Everything I ate and drank at copperleaf was bursting with flavor! Great job chef, and wait staff did a great job with explaining what our taste buds were going to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceFuDeeDined on 6/13/2014As conference centers go, restaurants are typically horrible, but this is a pleasant exception that reflects a positive overall experience at Cedarbrook Lodge, a former corporate center for Washington Mutual before they went belly up. Nicely written menu with several interesting choices. Had a great lunch. Appreciated the subtle touches like sugar syrup on the side for the ice tea. Farm to table concept works and the flavors of the porchetta sandwich were good, fries were a bit limp, but well seasoned. White peach sorbet was excellent.Special Features: