Copacabana Brazilian Steak House - Downtown
230 Adelaide St. West
Toronto, ON M5H 1W7Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Copacabana Brazilian Steak House - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecopa.ca/
- Phone: 6477483211x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Embrace yourself in a unique ambience and have a carnival experience where the combination between flavours, music and one-of-a-kind entertainment will keep you coming back.
A word from Copacabana Brazilian Steak House - Downtown
Copa Cabana Grilled Brazilian is a barbecue steak house where a variety of mouthwatering, skewered meats are brought directly to your table and carved fresh onto your plate. Known as Rodizio-style dining, you"ll sample as much as you like of our 12 Angus-grade meats, all aged and marinated onsite and cooked to perfection outdoors over charcoal in traditional 'Gaucho' fashion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Copacabana Brazilian Steak House - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (198)special occasion (166)fit for foodies (109)hot spot (108)romantic (50)vibrant bar scene (48)late-night find (35)neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (21)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (13)great for outdoor dining (10)scenic view (7)great for brunch (6)Show More
- LoloDined on 8/29/2014Was great as usual food dancers service drinks and music however the shows not visible by everyone and as it was before,, but for me i'll go again again i still like it😻😻Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great showPeterDined on 8/29/2014Not only did we have an amazing dinner, there was the salsa show and an acrobatic show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find on OpentablefattylovescurryDined on 8/27/2014Really good food here, and not as expensive as other Brazillian Steakhouses I've been to. Still expect to pay $50 - $70 including drinks per personSpecial Features:
- Will dine againD8976Dined on 8/27/2014Very noisy but the food is amazing. Be sure to make special requests early in your meal as it does take some time to prepare, highly recommend the dry rub.Special Features:
- Wait timesCaliforniaDined on 8/23/2014I use to really love copa cabana but at this location our group of 14 were stuck in a corner and the show hardly came near us, I think there should be dancers in view of everyone at all times. Also it took a really long time for the meat to come around and we barely got to try the different kinds. Then I had to ask 3 different servers for the bill and when our server finally came back (30 min later) she gave me a dirty look when I asked for our bill. I will deffinately make the drive to Niagara Falls from now on because I was really dissapointed with this location. Perhaps more severs including the ones who carry the meat and the girls who take the orders.Special Features:
- Great foodSmzaDined on 8/23/2014Great service ,food and entertainment was really good , I wish there was desert bar too,,, my favorite was rib eye and Parmesan steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We celebrated a birthday on Saturday evening. The entire experience was awesome and the entertainment was incredible! Would definately recommend it for a group outing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eat !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Hi this restaurant is great !.it was my first time there and didn't have any complaints ! Service was great and fast ! Didn't have a wait I received service quicker then I expected ! Will try to return to this restaurant asap! Sisters b day is around the corner will be making reservations soon !! Great place won't be disappointed and the servers are very knowledgeable of the meats they were servicing which is a plus !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always so tastyRobReviewDined on 8/22/2014Very attentive service and always great food! Really good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Great experience, will definitely be back soon! Look forward to sitting in a different section, on a busier night. I was expecting a lively, chatty ambiance but it was a quieter Sunday which worked out perfect too. Constantly recommending you to friends and look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveNaomiDined on 8/17/2014This place is amazing everything was delicioussss my favorite was the cranberry cheese bread with coconut ..service was phenomenal the ppl are so sweet and helpful almost unbelieveable.. thx u for a great first time experience.. We will backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not braziliannutellalelliDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant was decorated beautifully, but the meat it self was not seasoned as Brazilian seasoning goes. I would recommend to someone who enjoys eating meat but not for anyone wanted a true Brazilian rodizoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of Brazil in Torontonorth49guyDined on 8/14/2014A great hot spot for Brazilian steakhouse, the best I've been to in the city. All you can eat meat, and the grilled pineapple is amazing. Great selection with the non-meat buffet with your typical Brazilian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014food was good however the service was lacking. Our waitress was not very attentive after seating us and explaining how the dining works. Meat carvers were also lacking in service as we made several requests for specific types of meat (only after the carver asked us if we had any requests) that were ignored for at least half an hour. Not sure why they would suggest that we request something to be brought over if they weren't going to bring it for at least half an hour. Also, cards with a list of what meats are offered would have been very helpful along with a green/red card that Brazilian steakhouses normally have. However, both these were not used as we were told that they had all been ruined therefore they are no longer used.Special Features:
- Ah-mazing dinner and entertainment!LRoseDined on 8/9/2014Had the best table in the house - upstairs by the big giant window overlooking the streets of TO. Service was phenomenal, from the meat carvers, our waitress, down to the Brazilian dancers/acrobats. Drinks were a little pricey but we didn't mind. We were celebrating so we didn't hold back. The food - fantastic! Wonderful fresh breads /cheeses and cold cuts downstairs (main buffet) and the never ending meats carved right at your plate! What more can you ask for? We had an amazing time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!JacquieGDined on 8/5/2014I went to the Adelaide location yesterday and it was excellent food and service! Will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food and service!yumyumDined on 8/5/2014Thank you very much for hosting our work outing, and there were 8 of us that had the Brazilian BBQ. The service and the food were fantastic! We also enjoyed the ambiance, but would like to go on a weekend to also watch the entertainment since we went on a Tuesday evening. Thanks for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlobalFoodie - A Meat Lovers DinnerGlobalFoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2014Adelaide is the newest of 3 Copacabana locations & the coolest-looking one in the Entertainment District downtown Toronto. It has a vibrant bar scene on Fridays & Saturdays frequented by Bay Street financial crowd for happy hour & dinner. 20+ types of meat done in its natural or infused flavours. The special Brazilian steak & garlic striploin are my FAVs. The salad bar is smaller than COPA on Eglinton East, with pastas and mussels & freshly baked breads. Dessert is by order. After sampling different cuts/taste of meats, you are FULL. The grilled pineapple with brown sugar & cinnamon is my absolute favourite. Who needs dessert after multiple servings of yummy pineapple!?! LOVE the Red Sangria! Good wine list & attentive service!Special Features:
- Great food, not so good serviceNotimpressedDined on 8/2/2014The food was great! Only thing about the meal was our beverages, we ordered sangria and it tasted different Everytime we ordered one. I hate to say it but our service was horrible, we felt so rushed it was uncomfortable. Our server brought us our bill before we were even done eating, we had to ask for things more than once (like clean utensils and drinks we had ordered) out drinks were cleared before they were done and finally, the one thing that really bothered us was we had a birthday girl with us and we asked for a dessert to be brought to her, our server brought the dessert and began to sing while half the table was missing and people were still eating dinner. So while the food is excellent, the service needs work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would ABSOLUTELY go back tomorrow!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We've been to the Copa on Eglinton, this is our first visit to the Adelaide location....and definitely wont be our last! We had reservations and were greeted immediately upon arrival and taken to our table within seconds! Our friendly server came to our table frequently to check on us! the entertainment was very...entertaining!!! Our table was in a corner so it was a little difficult for the servers to get to us. The food was outstanding! Every cut of meat was perfect! The salad bar had amazing variety, something for every palate. Can't wait to visit them again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All deliciousMeatloversfaveDined on 8/2/2014Copacabana is great place to go for meat lovers. You have to go hungry, because there is a lot of food. The meat starts coming right away, and it keeps coming non stop. I like medium rare food and got what I wanted. There are so many options! My favourite cuts were the flank steak, the filet minon wrapped in bacon, and the picanha, both regular or with Parmesan cheese. They kept asking me if I had any requests. For side dish I recommend the fried cassava and rice and black bean stew, traditional Brazilian food. For dessert I had the roasted pineapple and corn bread. Both to die for, though I had to wait a bit for the pineapple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningLeeAnnDined on 8/2/2014Best restaurant experience in a long time. The staff treated us like royalty. The food was great. It was a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Great TimeVinceDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I went there to try it out. We were very happy with the food and the ambience. The service was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50/50OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014the food was truly very good. great for meat lovers. the sangria could have been stronger. it was more juice then anything, and the service is what i am undecided about. We had many server's, and some of them were truly really good and friendly. While others were very serious, and border line void of personality. The server's that were more social were truly pleasant. it was overall very good.Special Features:
- Okay, but....LovetoEatDined on 7/29/2014So first I have to say that the service here was terrific. Everyone was so attentive that it felt like we had 5 or 6 servers instead of just one. The food, while good, was a bit of a let down after having been to your Niagara Falls location. Excellent flavour, but not enough non-beef options or sides. I know it's a Brazilian steakhouse, but the Niagara falls location has more chicken, turkey, and seafood options, and about twice as many sides as this location. All in all though, I had a good time and would recommend it for the experience (and for those that can't get to Niagara Falls).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go HungryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014This truly is a fantastic dining experience. I have been to many Brazilian Steakhouses and none top Copa.Special Features:
- Birthday BluesMissMonicadinesDined on 7/26/2014I booked a table for 6 for my 35th Birthday. Our renovation was at 9:30 and we didn't get our table until 10:30! We were starving and a little cranky after waiting over an hour for a table we reserved a week prior. The restaurant didn't offer us anything and no manager came to the table to check on us. I was really disappointed, I felt cheated out of a nice birthday meal with my friends and family. Also, the bartenders at the bar were not friendly and took forever to ask us if we wanted a drink while we waited for the table. That being said the food and table service was great!! My partner is Brazilian and knows his Brazilian BBQ and he loved it. Even thought we were disappointed...we will be back, the food was that good!Special Features:
- Not worth it at all.LeonDined on 7/26/2014They have no respect for the reservation process. When talking with other waiting patrons we found that most people were waiting for an hour or more. That is with reservations. I found them being very disorganized. When I started keeping track I found them seating other parties thinking it was ours. Then having the audacity to blame us for the type of booking we made. The food was good but not great. I went there for my brother stag night and I must say that this put a damper on the whole evening. We would have not been seated at all if I were not being so adamant with management and the staff. No sorry from management at all. I expected a lot more from this place. Very disappointed. Wait staff were nice but cannot bring myself to go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014First time for me and my boyfriend to attend Copacabana. We came to celebrate our 3rd year anniversary and wanted to do something different. We didn't know what to expect besides walking into a classy AYCE restaurant. The food was outstanding and the service was amazing. Our waiter made sure we were well taken care of (i.e. replenish water quickly, provide new clean dishes). The servers came around faster with the food than we could clear off our plates. We sat on the first level next to the kitchen/fresh food bar and had a great view of the dancers during the evening. My favorite of the night was the fried banana, grilled pineapple, and parmesan fillet mignion. All the meats were cooked perfectly - Great place for foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceiluvtoeatDined on 7/25/2014The restaurant food and service was amazing. The workers were very attentive to us. The Parking was close by, so made it easier. Just one concern to all of us the music was very loud. But overall the experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent barbecuesenseimongooseDined on 7/25/2014Food was excellent and service was attentive. It can take a while before the service can settle into a steady rhythm, and so at times it can feel like one is sitting around waiting too long. However, the service was polite, attentive, and friendly and the food was top-notch. Can't really ask for much more than that.Special Features:
- Great food, depending on serverJontyMVIPDined on 7/25/2014We had an excellent meal, however our server seemed to be a bad mood and presented the bill exactly 2 hours later, and never offered us dessert - till we had to ask, at which point she reminded us of the two hour limit. She expected us to keep track of time after 3 bottles of wine and eating soo much good food. I'd rather drive to Niagara to get better service from Mississauga, then drive to this downtown location and get this level of poor service.Special Features:
- SylviaVIPDined on 7/25/2014Very small salad bar... Meat selections very limited -- we only got a fraction of what was listed online . Went on a friday night, where the menu adds suckling pig, salmon and shrimp.. Only salmon was offered - very misleading as you are paying more on the weekend. Annoying that they didn't have the colored card, red on one side and green on the other , ie. the servers will only bring more meat if the card is flipped to the green side. They kept asking us if we wanted meat when we didn't... I've been to Brasa and Copacabana pales in comparison. Will not return.
- Great Tasting Buffet of MeatsenjoyitasusDined on 7/24/2014If you want to have great tasting, fresh, and a variety of meats for a moderatly priced place. Then go to Copacabana! It's really quite a fun place. The service is excellent.Special Features:
- something differentserialcookDined on 7/24/2014I am a fussy meat eater and I have to say most of tge meat items were well prepared. Will go back.Special Features:
- Delicious but what's with the waterMeatOnSticksDined on 7/23/2014Steaks were amazing, chicken too! A little upset there wasn't any lamb or seafood the Wednesday night we went. But I was quite surprised I was charged to drink water - especially when we didn't order or ask for water but it was poured upon seating!!! It wasn't even sparkling or even distilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service wasn't greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014I was quite disappointed with the service. Our server was very unattentive. They start you off with some stilled water which you assume is free until the bill comes and you see you are charged extra for it. We ordered a bottle of white wine which only the first glass was poured. We speny the rest of the night pouring it ourselves. In addition we had to specifically ask for our wine to be chilled. Every other restaurant I've been to automatically will bring an ice bucket when I order white wine. The men serving meat in my opinion were more attentive to our needs asking what meats we wanted and if there was anything else we needed. Overall the food was good but the service is what made me not want to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food!YazzDined on 7/20/2014Food was amazing especially the grilled pineapple. Theres a sweet rub beef that also is good but they have alot of variety of meats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor copacabana experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014This was not a great dining experience. We made a reservation but were not seated until 30 mins after the reservation. One major problem was that the food did not come in good quantities or variety. I recall only having steak and pineapple the entire time. No chicken, no pork, no lamb, no seafood, nothing else. While the steak was decent, there should have been a larger variety. The menu lists over 20 items and we only got maybe 5 of those items. The Eglinton location may be better but I would not go back to the downtown location.
- So-so experiencestephDined on 7/19/2014Service was bad from the start, hostess didn't pay attention to us as we checked in; bartender didn't acknowledge us as we waited for drink menus or to place an order, we had to keep asking other waiters around for help instead; and we waited seated at our table wondering if we could order drinks before going to collect plates for our sides. After you get past the bad service (perhaps they are still all training) the good was great! Side buffet was all amazing, so were the grilled meats however they could have offered more than just tiny slivers of each.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.