Copacabana Brazilian Steak House - Downtown
230 Adelaide St. West
Toronto, ON M5H 1W7Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Copacabana Brazilian Steak House - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecopa.ca/
- Phone: 6477483211x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Embrace yourself in a unique ambience and have a carnival experience where the combination between flavours, music and one-of-a-kind entertainment will keep you coming back.
A word from Copacabana Brazilian Steak House - Downtown
Copa Cabana Grilled Brazilian is a barbecue steak house where a variety of mouthwatering, skewered meats are brought directly to your table and carved fresh onto your plate. Known as Rodizio-style dining, you"ll sample as much as you like of our 12 Angus-grade meats, all aged and marinated onsite and cooked to perfection outdoors over charcoal in traditional 'Gaucho' fashion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Copacabana Brazilian Steak House - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (189)special occasion (162)fit for foodies (105)hot spot (100)romantic (48)vibrant bar scene (45)late-night find (31)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (16)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Fantastic dining experienxeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014FOOD WAS AMAZING, absolutely amazing. It was slow at first but once people started filling in, all sorts of meat came around. Save stomach space from the buffet, but do get some pickles and salad, it helps to refreshe the palate :D We had to ask for the lamb leg and pineapple, but they brought it fast. Corn and cheese bread was a gem! Chickens were worth trying, but it's the steak you really want seconds and third. BONUS: nothing was oversalted, everything was just-right spiced. RECOMMEND!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great people!JAM10Dined on 9/13/2014My overall experience was great. If I could change two things it would be our location I requested in advance a more private or cornered area in celebration of my boyfriends bday and we were located in an okay area. Second is the noise level that's out of my power so I didn't mind overall great food great device def coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening.LuckyDined on 9/13/2014It was delicious! Enjoyed the food and service very much. The servers were at your table every few minutes or so, which can be a little too much, especially when you are trying to take breaks in between. It's a lot of food to eat! The salad bar had a great variety of food to eat, was very good and also complimented your meat selections well. I did find some items in the meat menu a little salty, but over all the food was very good. My favourites would have been the garlic sirloin and the Moroccan chicken. Wonderful entertainment as well. Watched the dance and acrobatic show and its very nice to have entertainment along with your dinner. Atmosphere was a bit loud, but tolerable.Special Features:
- Charged for water!!therealBAPSDined on 9/13/2014After paying close to $150 dining for 2 people I really expected more from Copacabana to say the least. To my surprise there was an extra $2 on the bill for water which was not even an option that was disclosed to us. The only reason I gave a fair rating on the food is because the meat and the roasted pineapple were good. Thats about it! The salad bar and the sides were really mediocre...I had a cold mac'n cheese was not impressed by the cold mussels either! The guys bringing around the meat were awesome and they took the time to explain to us how things worked, our server was busy with a big bridal party..I guess he was working the tips. Needless to say I will not be going back and I've told coworkers and family to stay away!!
- Awesome ExperiencesnowmanDined on 9/13/2014We were delighted with our visit. The food was simply divine and the service outstanding. Staff are warm and attentive. Can't recall a better overall dining experience in Toronto. Top of our list now for dining out.Special Features:
- DELICIOUS!RGBYDined on 9/7/2014Everything was fantastic, however, I submitted a special question in my reservation to the restaurant that they never responded to, and the service was a little slow at times/had to ask multiple times for some of the items to arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only at the CopacabanaGG4FoodDined on 9/6/2014Fantastic food. Hot dancers, cold beer and a good time to be had by all. Good for two or a large group. Brazilian BBQ is exceptionally tasty. Very well priced for what you get and how you get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat lovers' heavenOmYomYomDined on 9/6/2014We came to Copacabana for a birthday celebration. We both like meat (more so, I do) and this place did not disappoint! I did my research prior to arriving but in the end, I just said "YES, PLEASE!" to all the food that was coming to our table. I like the fact that they carve out a small portion so you can try all the different meats. My favorite will have to be the filet mignon wrapped in bacon -- just so tasty and flavorful! My only suggestion: The food started to come out in burst so at one point, I had 7 different meats on my plate and they started to cool down before I could get to them all so I felt the timing was a bit off. Also, the grilled veggies were cold - would be nice to keep them heated. Great experience overall!!Special Features:
- Enjoyed!RubenbDined on 9/3/2014I've been to the 3 locations and rank this one the best. Food and service was great and restaurant was very nicley decorated with a great second floor. Only complaint was that the music was a little loud and it would of been cool to hear some Brazilian music to complete experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceRjaneDined on 9/1/2014Went here for my boyfriend's birthday and was surprised when they presented us with a candle and cake without even asking. The food was delicious and the environment was so friendly with the employees there. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoloDined on 8/29/2014Was great as usual food dancers service drinks and music however the shows not visible by everyone and as it was before,, but for me i'll go again again i still like it😻😻Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great showPeterDined on 8/29/2014Not only did we have an amazing dinner, there was the salsa show and an acrobatic show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMayaDined on 8/29/2014A must try. Great food, extremely friendly staff, very generous. Nice entertainment and music. Must leave room for the banana fritters in the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find on OpentablefattylovescurryDined on 8/27/2014Really good food here, and not as expensive as other Brazillian Steakhouses I've been to. Still expect to pay $50 - $70 including drinks per personSpecial Features:
- Will dine againD8976Dined on 8/27/2014Very noisy but the food is amazing. Be sure to make special requests early in your meal as it does take some time to prepare, highly recommend the dry rub.Special Features:
- Wait timesCaliforniaDined on 8/23/2014I use to really love copa cabana but at this location our group of 14 were stuck in a corner and the show hardly came near us, I think there should be dancers in view of everyone at all times. Also it took a really long time for the meat to come around and we barely got to try the different kinds. Then I had to ask 3 different servers for the bill and when our server finally came back (30 min later) she gave me a dirty look when I asked for our bill. I will deffinately make the drive to Niagara Falls from now on because I was really dissapointed with this location. Perhaps more severs including the ones who carry the meat and the girls who take the orders.Special Features:
- Great foodSmzaDined on 8/23/2014Great service ,food and entertainment was really good , I wish there was desert bar too,,, my favorite was rib eye and Parmesan steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We celebrated a birthday on Saturday evening. The entire experience was awesome and the entertainment was incredible! Would definately recommend it for a group outing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eat !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Hi this restaurant is great !.it was my first time there and didn't have any complaints ! Service was great and fast ! Didn't have a wait I received service quicker then I expected ! Will try to return to this restaurant asap! Sisters b day is around the corner will be making reservations soon !! Great place won't be disappointed and the servers are very knowledgeable of the meats they were servicing which is a plus !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AmazingfoxxyDined on 8/22/2014All the previous online reviews were essentially bang on... I was looking for a special night out, and this surpassed my expectations. I made our online reservation weeks in advance, and as suggested I requested a table on the main floor with a great view of the aerial show. We were promptly seated right at the front, both close to the show and the food. The hostess even wished my boyfriend happy birthday, which was included on the reso. The food was plentiful and oh so delicious. They kept coming to the table even when the card was turned to blue for slow down. I must admit, the meal was pricier than anticipated. But def well worth it. And yes, there was an unexpected charge for water, as I read in other reviews. Still, highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always so tastyRobReviewDined on 8/22/2014Very attentive service and always great food! Really good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Great experience, will definitely be back soon! Look forward to sitting in a different section, on a busier night. I was expecting a lively, chatty ambiance but it was a quieter Sunday which worked out perfect too. Constantly recommending you to friends and look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveNaomiDined on 8/17/2014This place is amazing everything was delicioussss my favorite was the cranberry cheese bread with coconut ..service was phenomenal the ppl are so sweet and helpful almost unbelieveable.. thx u for a great first time experience.. We will backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not braziliannutellalelliDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant was decorated beautifully, but the meat it self was not seasoned as Brazilian seasoning goes. I would recommend to someone who enjoys eating meat but not for anyone wanted a true Brazilian rodizoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of Brazil in Torontonorth49guyDined on 8/14/2014A great hot spot for Brazilian steakhouse, the best I've been to in the city. All you can eat meat, and the grilled pineapple is amazing. Great selection with the non-meat buffet with your typical Brazilian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014food was good however the service was lacking. Our waitress was not very attentive after seating us and explaining how the dining works. Meat carvers were also lacking in service as we made several requests for specific types of meat (only after the carver asked us if we had any requests) that were ignored for at least half an hour. Not sure why they would suggest that we request something to be brought over if they weren't going to bring it for at least half an hour. Also, cards with a list of what meats are offered would have been very helpful along with a green/red card that Brazilian steakhouses normally have. However, both these were not used as we were told that they had all been ruined therefore they are no longer used.Special Features:
- Ah-mazing dinner and entertainment!LRoseDined on 8/9/2014Had the best table in the house - upstairs by the big giant window overlooking the streets of TO. Service was phenomenal, from the meat carvers, our waitress, down to the Brazilian dancers/acrobats. Drinks were a little pricey but we didn't mind. We were celebrating so we didn't hold back. The food - fantastic! Wonderful fresh breads /cheeses and cold cuts downstairs (main buffet) and the never ending meats carved right at your plate! What more can you ask for? We had an amazing time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!JacquieGDined on 8/5/2014I went to the Adelaide location yesterday and it was excellent food and service! Will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food and service!yumyumDined on 8/5/2014Thank you very much for hosting our work outing, and there were 8 of us that had the Brazilian BBQ. The service and the food were fantastic! We also enjoyed the ambiance, but would like to go on a weekend to also watch the entertainment since we went on a Tuesday evening. Thanks for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlobalFoodie - A Meat Lovers DinnerGlobalFoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2014Adelaide is the newest of 3 Copacabana locations & the coolest-looking one in the Entertainment District downtown Toronto. It has a vibrant bar scene on Fridays & Saturdays frequented by Bay Street financial crowd for happy hour & dinner. 20+ types of meat done in its natural or infused flavours. The special Brazilian steak & garlic striploin are my FAVs. The salad bar is smaller than COPA on Eglinton East, with pastas and mussels & freshly baked breads. Dessert is by order. After sampling different cuts/taste of meats, you are FULL. The grilled pineapple with brown sugar & cinnamon is my absolute favourite. Who needs dessert after multiple servings of yummy pineapple!?! LOVE the Red Sangria! Good wine list & attentive service!Special Features:
- Great food, not so good serviceNotimpressedDined on 8/2/2014The food was great! Only thing about the meal was our beverages, we ordered sangria and it tasted different Everytime we ordered one. I hate to say it but our service was horrible, we felt so rushed it was uncomfortable. Our server brought us our bill before we were even done eating, we had to ask for things more than once (like clean utensils and drinks we had ordered) out drinks were cleared before they were done and finally, the one thing that really bothered us was we had a birthday girl with us and we asked for a dessert to be brought to her, our server brought the dessert and began to sing while half the table was missing and people were still eating dinner. So while the food is excellent, the service needs work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would ABSOLUTELY go back tomorrow!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We've been to the Copa on Eglinton, this is our first visit to the Adelaide location....and definitely wont be our last! We had reservations and were greeted immediately upon arrival and taken to our table within seconds! Our friendly server came to our table frequently to check on us! the entertainment was very...entertaining!!! Our table was in a corner so it was a little difficult for the servers to get to us. The food was outstanding! Every cut of meat was perfect! The salad bar had amazing variety, something for every palate. Can't wait to visit them again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All deliciousMeatloversfaveDined on 8/2/2014Copacabana is great place to go for meat lovers. You have to go hungry, because there is a lot of food. The meat starts coming right away, and it keeps coming non stop. I like medium rare food and got what I wanted. There are so many options! My favourite cuts were the flank steak, the filet minon wrapped in bacon, and the picanha, both regular or with Parmesan cheese. They kept asking me if I had any requests. For side dish I recommend the fried cassava and rice and black bean stew, traditional Brazilian food. For dessert I had the roasted pineapple and corn bread. Both to die for, though I had to wait a bit for the pineapple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningLeeAnnDined on 8/2/2014Best restaurant experience in a long time. The staff treated us like royalty. The food was great. It was a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Great TimeVinceDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I went there to try it out. We were very happy with the food and the ambience. The service was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50/50OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014the food was truly very good. great for meat lovers. the sangria could have been stronger. it was more juice then anything, and the service is what i am undecided about. We had many server's, and some of them were truly really good and friendly. While others were very serious, and border line void of personality. The server's that were more social were truly pleasant. it was overall very good.Special Features:
- Okay, but....LovetoEatDined on 7/29/2014So first I have to say that the service here was terrific. Everyone was so attentive that it felt like we had 5 or 6 servers instead of just one. The food, while good, was a bit of a let down after having been to your Niagara Falls location. Excellent flavour, but not enough non-beef options or sides. I know it's a Brazilian steakhouse, but the Niagara falls location has more chicken, turkey, and seafood options, and about twice as many sides as this location. All in all though, I had a good time and would recommend it for the experience (and for those that can't get to Niagara Falls).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go HungryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014This truly is a fantastic dining experience. I have been to many Brazilian Steakhouses and none top Copa.Special Features:
- Birthday BluesMissMonicadinesDined on 7/26/2014I booked a table for 6 for my 35th Birthday. Our renovation was at 9:30 and we didn't get our table until 10:30! We were starving and a little cranky after waiting over an hour for a table we reserved a week prior. The restaurant didn't offer us anything and no manager came to the table to check on us. I was really disappointed, I felt cheated out of a nice birthday meal with my friends and family. Also, the bartenders at the bar were not friendly and took forever to ask us if we wanted a drink while we waited for the table. That being said the food and table service was great!! My partner is Brazilian and knows his Brazilian BBQ and he loved it. Even thought we were disappointed...we will be back, the food was that good!Special Features:
- Not worth it at all.LeonDined on 7/26/2014They have no respect for the reservation process. When talking with other waiting patrons we found that most people were waiting for an hour or more. That is with reservations. I found them being very disorganized. When I started keeping track I found them seating other parties thinking it was ours. Then having the audacity to blame us for the type of booking we made. The food was good but not great. I went there for my brother stag night and I must say that this put a damper on the whole evening. We would have not been seated at all if I were not being so adamant with management and the staff. No sorry from management at all. I expected a lot more from this place. Very disappointed. Wait staff were nice but cannot bring myself to go back.