Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Indianapolis
3815 E. 96th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 3175749463x
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 3175749463x4
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Indianapolis
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
331 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (238)special occasion (188)good for groups (155)fit for foodies (154)romantic (127)great for lunch (91)great for outdoor dining (89)neighborhood gem (67)hot spot (59)vibrant bar scene (39)great for brunch (36)kid-friendly (27)late-night find (17)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food, better wineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014Amazing wine in both taste and selection. The food is good and the menu is diverse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eat and drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014We always have a good meal here. We had a reservation and arrived a few minutes early and were seated immediately. Nice experience.Special Features:
- Great overall ExperiencebakerygirlDined on 9/27/2014The wine selection was great, there is something for everyone. I would recomend trying the 4-sample glasses! The salads were amazing, and a really large plate. All of the entrees' looked great. I choose the gnocchi carbonara and it was perfect. All of the desserts looked like great choices. The creme brûlée was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very elegant with modest prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Ideal for couples for a romantic outing and great for the family dinners as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatTomBrownDined on 9/27/2014Everything was great: service, attentiveness, food, wine and attention to our grandaughterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect!MLOUISEDined on 9/27/2014Our dining experience was perfect in every way! We all enjoyed our dinners, the wine, and the excellent service!Special Features:
- ..BillDined on 9/26/2014Good wine. Food is decent. 50 characters....................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIRTHDAYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I told them it was my birthday on the reservation and the waitress never said a word. Though she was very nice and helpful with the menu and wine selections, the service be it the kitchen or otherwise, was slower than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodDiner722VIPDined on 9/26/2014The food is really good. Never had a bad meal!!! The wine list is wonderful!Special Features:
- IzzyDined on 9/25/2014Food was good, service also good. Like a lot of restaurants these days, too noisy for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Good Food, PerfectGlobaTravelerDined on 9/24/2014Coopers in Indy was perfect. Our business group of 6 was seated promptly, never rushed, and worked out great. The salmon, tuna and pork chop were outstanding. The wine was very good and the $25 3 course meal (special) was a tremendous deal.Special Features:
- Good foodLoriDined on 9/24/2014Perfect night for outdoor dinning. Very crowed, therefore service was slow. Didn't matter...still a good time.Special Features:
- Coopers Hawk is solid dining choiceAtlantaGirlDined on 9/23/2014While the food at Cooper's Hawk might not be the most inventive, the restaurant is a solid dining choice. Good food, reasonably-priced wine and a beautiful setting make dining here a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit not as good as firstfoodfanDined on 9/22/2014Amazing what a good server can bring to a restaurant like Coopers Hawk. For wine aficionados it can be a great dining experience but it needs the cooperation of a good server to offer suggestions and tastings. Our first visit last year was a delight, our server fully explained their wine offerings and was knowledgeable on the dishes they offered. He made us feel welcome and pampered. Fast forward to this visit, also a special occasion celebration and while the food and wine were still good the server's lack of familiarity with their products and general reluctance to offer information or tasting made for an awkward dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine lover happinessDinnerDined on 9/21/2014The service was wonderful. They focus on their own wines and the server was very knowledgeable about the offerings. The food was tasty, I ordered the gonococci it was tender and the sauce complemented the dish. Everyone loved the meal that was served. Pass on the salads though, unless you like your lettuce chopped to the point that you need a spoon to eat it. I ordered the wedge and it came with a very small un-mutilated section the rest chopped so small, including everything added to it, the onions eggs, etc. I felt like a needed a spoon which was not available.Special Features:
- yumOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014The food was excellent. I have enjoyed every meal I have had at Cooper's Hawk. Two samples of wine make it easier to choose if you are debating between two different wines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usualFauljoDined on 9/21/2014We were introducing an out of town couple to Coopers Hawk. We have always had good food there. Unfortunately Sunday noon may not be a good time to go. First we arrive and were about the only people in the restaurant and they seated us right next to the noisy kitchen! So we asked to be moved to a more peaceful table which was accommodated (maybe with just a little reluctance). We all ordered different items. The jumbalaya was reportedly good. Fish and chips were a C. Chicken Piccata was a C. And the salmon was tasty. One good thing: our waitress was attentive and did a good job. Overall the experience was not up to the standards we have previously encountered at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Family Friendlyluv2tryverityfoodsDined on 9/20/2014Great food and service. Kids loved the food choices, Chocolate covered strawberry with their meal. Notable Wine selection.Special Features:
- Good food paired with bad serviceInsearchofagoodmealDined on 9/20/2014Dinned 9/21/2014. Checked in and wanted to do a tasting. Were given 15 minutes? We had to rush and then skip 3 wines in order not to lose our table. We're there spending money how is standing at the tasting room different than sitting at a table? Down $14 and not all my samples before we even make it to the table. Waitress was nonexistent. Had to ask 4 times for our wine. FOUR TIMES! How does that happen? Girlfriend was was given an entirely wrong meal. Had to wait for the correct one to come out. Short ribs were more like a pot roast. We didn't complain at the restaurant, just wanted the night together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner and WINE!flamingofanVIPDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed our monthly tasting (I'm a wine club member) and then enjoyed a great dinner. All three of us enjoyed the salad and flatbread combo. Awesome as one of my girlfriends is a vegetarian. We enjoyed a bottle of Blanc d Blanc in celebration. We were also treated to a gorgeous chocolate birthday sampler for dessert. Thank you Cooper's Hawk for such a nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014if you like a quieter area ask for the barrel roomSpecial Features:
- Like a microbrewery for wineChippyDined on 9/19/2014Wine and food was great, service from the hostess to the bar tender to our waiter was average at best. Not sure why, but we were treated like they were way to busy to take care of us...and they weren't busy.Special Features:
- Jake is an awesome serverfreedon2VIPDined on 9/19/2014Jake understands true customer service. I.bring employees, prospective employees, and clients here ask the time. I am now to where I LOVE sitting at a table in the bar area and having Jake serve my party because I can be assured of great recommendations on the food and wine plus the service will be outstanding!. He gets it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsluv2dineVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great meal and great wine with great friends. Enjoyed the patio dining. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outjazzymom58Dined on 9/19/2014We get together once a month and wanted to try Cooper's Hawk. It was on the North side Nights list and so we did. It was wonderful, service was excellent and the wine tasting was fun. The chopped salad is to die for. Will be going back again with husband this time.Special Features:
- A must visit.GoodluckDined on 9/19/2014Great food and service. The menu is for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Painful experience66motorsportVIPDined on 9/18/2014The waiter was a good guy... HOWEVER...there was a problem with our appetizers....15+ minutes passed, during my lunch hour.I had to get up and find my waiter. I watched others seated AND SERVED before our appetizers arrived. The Waiter claimed the kitchen made a mistake and had to remake them. In a narrow amount of time we should have been told and given a chance to change our order. Then no contact with a manger. We had to race through our main course to get back to work for a meeting. Gave ourselves 90 minutes for lunch and was late.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014My husband and I celebrated our 2nd Anniversary at Cooper's Hawk. It was the best meal we've had this year. The wine was amazing, the food was exquisite, and our server, Brettney was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client DinnerkimdelongVIPDined on 9/15/2014Cooper's Hawk was a great location to take a client to dinner.Special Features:
- LBSHLBSHDined on 9/13/2014This was the first time we went to Cooper's Hawk and it was wonderful! We were looking for something different for our anniversary so we wanted to try it....it was very nice! Excellent food, wonderful service and a great atmosphere! The resturant even provided desert for our anniversary! This place was a GREAT find!!!! We will definitely be going back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night FervorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Wonderful food; decent prices; really loud on a Saturday nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unfriendlyhostessbrunch4usDined on 9/13/2014We frequent this restaurant and are wine club members and were not impressed this time. Hostess told us there is an hour wait before we could even tell her we had a reservation. We asked for a booth and she said there were none. There were at least 8 open during the entire time we dined:(. I think she didn't want to give a booth to 3 people. We were lied to. They tried to seat us way off in a separate room, but I refused since there were many open tables in the main dining. They got all of our orders wrong, but still good food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We dined here a few times, and the food and staff are always very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- allergen friendlypattykakeDined on 9/13/2014The food was fantastic, everyone in my group said their meals were great. I am dairy free, I told our waitress and she let the kitchen know, and they helped me substituted sides and sauces so that I could enjoy my meal. They were very accommodating to my needs. They also have a good gluten free menu already on their main menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Timebenjamc9Dined on 9/10/2014A great time had by all. Wine tasting was very good, and the food was outstanding. Lobster bisque was delicious. Strip steak entree and Ginger Salmon entrees were tasty as well. Overall, a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8oz Ice Cream Scoop of Mash...OneToCookDined on 9/9/2014I will start this review with stating I'm a Chef. Professionally. School & 10 years behind the scenes. I know exactly what it takes to execute 400+ covers with a crew of just 5. That's exactly what I do, give or take a few meals, 6 days a week. My dinner was on a Tuesday evening. Not slammed by any means at all. My guest order fish with asparagus & their mashed potatoes. Pretty simple right? Other than someone preparing the dish thinks a scoop of potatoes that exactly resembles a scoop of ice cream looks appealing...people eat with their eyes first & someone just doesn't care. My dish...also known as a semi-warm bowl of noodles with lightly reduced heavy cream, a few halfed cherry tomatoes, spinach & dry chicken...awesome. Horrible food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJkorbVIPDined on 9/8/2014I was pretty disappointed when I discovered they only sell the wine they make. For those of you who love wine, they will not give you the vintage or area where the grapes are from. I was told its because they never use the same twice and apparently lose track of who they get the from including when they received them and bottled the wine. If you find yourself in my position, meeting someone and your not able to find another restaurant, order the barrel wine. Its price point is great and the wine is drinkable. The food seemed to follow suit with the wine decisions. Best advice, if you like chain style restaurants you may find an average meal. If you like great food of high quality and excellent preparation, opt to eat somewhere else.
- SeedboyDined on 9/7/2014Wine is always perfect. Food is amazing. Service is top notch.Special Features:
- exercise2eatDined on 9/6/2014The wine is excellent and the food was amazing. We love this place for meeting up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We met friends for dinner and enjoyed an extended evening of wine, dining and conversation!Special Features: