Community Table Restaurant
223 Litchfield Turnpike
New Preston, CT 06777Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Community Table Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.communitytablect.com/
- Phone: 8608689354x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joel Viehland
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Community Table Restaurant
The mission of the Community Table is to prepare the highest quality locally grown and procured ingredients to serve our community in a casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Community Table Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bantam ›
Community Table Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (145)special occasion (100)neighborhood gem (76)romantic (49)notable wine list (42)hot spot (33)good for groups (29)great for brunch (28)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- SammDined on 8/25/2014A beautiful yet laid back place. The food is delicious. However the menu is not extensive so if you go often it may be hard to find things to order. Put waitress took our order before our wine was brought. I never like that. I love the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The food was A+ but extraordinarily slow in coming, specially the main course, even for a restaurant that serves very carefully prepared first-class food. (It was about 40 minutes between courses, with no apology.) But our two main problems with the restaurant are the lack of comfort of the seats (a problem for someone with a bad back) and the high noise level. My husband and I sat opposite one another at a table for two and had trouble having a conversation without having to bellow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting dinnerDeeDeeDined on 8/25/2014The menu was quite different from most restaurants. The potato appetizer was fabulous but disappointed that the beet and carrot dish had sold out (by 7pm). Both entrees were good but the corn ice cream etc was the stand- out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive for food providedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014For the cost, I was surprised at the size of the portions. I was also surprised that they had no decaf cappuccinoSpecial Features:
- dkb67Dined on 8/24/2014we had the waitress with the tattoo on her forearm. she was non-existent after she took our order! 3 of us got cubans. thank you for making them bigger and worth the money. i got the chicken confit and asked her if it was white meat and she said yes. it wasn't and i don't like dark meat.Special Features:
- Always a treat!Grillguy55VIPDined on 8/22/2014We split our time between NYC and Ct and this place could easily succeed in New York. Creative and locally sourced food, decent wine list and great cocktails if that's your thing. Simple bit elegant decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shermarjo1Dined on 8/21/2014exceptional in all areas! as good as any top restaurant in NYCSpecial Features:
- wolfabjVIPDined on 8/21/2014What a great find up in Litchfield County. Totally worth the drive from New Milford. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- litchdinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014CT just gets better and better! Clearly the most interesting food in the area. We eat there quite often and have rarely had a single course that wasn't exceptional. Always save room for desert! The new room and full bar has changed the place in a very positive way.. OK we love it…enuf said!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous on all countsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014CT is absolutely amazing. The decor, music, service are impeccable only to be surpassed by the amazing food and cocktails. The portions are sized to perfection and the freshness, quality and mix of flavors are a delight to the senses. The staff is professional with personality.Special Features:
- absolutely loved everything!SkinnyDined on 8/16/2014i would be there every weekend if only I could get in......Special Features:
- the bestlocalyokelDined on 8/14/2014The best. The most delicious, fresh and inventive food I/we have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in NW Connecticut!WestsiderDined on 8/14/2014Just right in every regard: great food, locally sourced, served in tasteful proportions; excellent wines from a well -thought - out (i.e., not overwhelming) list; knowledgeable and friendly servers; not by any means inexpensive, but good value at the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change of heartSwatzieDined on 8/14/2014After reading the menu I was in a panic.....after eating the food I was in ectasy. I do not like overly descriptive menues but I am pleased that I trusted our waitress!Special Features:
- One of the best dining experiencesDev8158VIPDined on 8/11/2014The food was incredible, local ingredients cooked perfectly. Staff was attentive and provided fresh flowers and complimentary champagne for our anniversary. One of the best dining experiences we have ever had.Special Features:
- Our neighborhood gem!EverSearchingDined on 8/11/2014CT is a favorite, a culinary treasure--extraordinarily inventive dishes, stunningly beautiful as well as tasty with Nordic pzazz. Chef Joel Viehland did a stint at Copenhagen's Noma. He regularly changes his menu, incorporating the new and unusual. Joel is a powerful advocate of locally-grown/sustainably raised. His style is minimalist, w/surprising ingredients: pine needles & cucumber velvety ice creams, hen of the woods , yarrow, etc. Superb soups, crispy, yet moist duck breast among the best I've eaten and his dessert chef is brilliant. Splendid venison, rabbit & skate. A gorgeous new addition with a chic, popular bar scene has doubled capacity at this destination restaurant.Special Features:
- Simply amazing food - clean.Lisa7854Dined on 8/10/2014The food is always clean (not swimming in sauce or oil that over powers the essence of the food). The host is so charming and welcoming. He makes you feel like a friend he has not seen in a long time. The menu is limited but the choices are varied so almost anyone can find something to enjoy. Desserts are a must!!! Be willing to try something you would have otherwise never considered and be prepared to have your breath taken away. I'm passionate about food and this place will never be without that passion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jmm7Dined on 8/10/2014If you're looking for top notch menu selections, stellar service, an environment unlike others in the area, simply an experience that is thoughtful all around - this is the place for you! The difference is truly in the details and Community Table has a flair for the attention and finesse that memorable experiences are made of. Surely a table you will pull a chair up to, time and time again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special RestaurantHaveForkWillTravelDined on 8/9/2014Community table is a gem. My wife and I thought that the menu was very thoughtful and made excellent use of local, seasonal ingredients. The menu is unlike any other restaurant in the suburbs and beyond north of New York City. Community table is on par with (if not better than) well known names in major cities. We decided to have the tasting menu and thoroughly each course which was selected by the chef. Every dish was fresh and very distinctive. The restaurant is small and tastefully decorated but very unassuming. Because the restaurant is small, noise is not an issue and actually was a very nice change. The staff is very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. We know that we will return to Community table for more memorable meals.Special Features:
- HALLELUJAH!SAVANNAHGILLVIPDined on 8/9/2014Community Table is for people who truly enjoy good food, lovingly well prepared with intriguing flavor pairings. All with the additional plus of being locally sourced. There's a new mixologist to go with the bar and the new expansion has been done with the same care and effort that seems to go into everything here. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014One of the best and feshest meals I have every had. They give a new definifition "Frarm to Table" Amazxing place!Special Features:
- Fish lovers will be in heavenDerOstfrieseDined on 8/8/2014Order anything which swims - it is ALWAYS perfectly prepared. Best guess Joel's time spent @ Noma/Denmark shows it mark. Special recommendation: when oysters on the half shelf are available, oyster lovers will be in heaven and newcomers have to try them, too. It can't get better. And don't miss the dessert sampler - even when it is not mentioned on the menuSpecial Features:
- Trust is importantHoneymoonersDined on 8/7/2014It was so nice to know that all the food was locally sourced and organically grown (as much as possible). The chef is truly talented and it was a rare experience where we could completely relax knowing that everything on the plate was not only top quality but grown in ways sensitive to the environment and considerate of the ecology and its (delicious) inhabitants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkierDined on 8/7/2014Very noisy. Food still very good but enjoyed it more when portions were small and food more varied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of the Community TablewalktoeatDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday at Ct with another couple of dear old friends. Our delightful server, Avery, greeted us warmly and showed us not only a wine list but a menu of Scotch and other spirits. When Avery took our food order she answered our questions expertly and in detail. Our appetizer was the cheese board and Avery was careful to point out that the jam on the cheese board had no cherries (one of our friends is severely allergic). Excellent choice! For dinner, two of us had crispy duck, one had halibut with fennel, creme fraiche, and green garbanzo beans, and I had roasted zucchini with squash flowers and other farm fresh vegetables. Our party agreed it was one of the best meals we had ever had in Litchfield County.Special Features:
- Best Food in AreaParisPoodleVIPDined on 8/3/2014I've loved CT since it opened a couple of years ago. It displaced West Street Grill as my favorite restaurant in the Washington, Litchfield area. Yummy, wholesome, truly outstanding food. Best bread and butter (which I'm told they make in-house). It's gotten more convenient to come here since they've allowed reservations and installed a handsome bar area, which I've yet to try. Service is friendly, but a bit confused. Our waitress forgot our drinks and brought the wrong dessert. She was duly apologetic. The maitre d' is a bit standoffish--which is fine, I guess, but I'm used to more fawning behavior.Special Features:
- WonderfulsbnoliviaDined on 8/3/2014This was our second trip to Community Table for brunch and it was noteworthy on several fronts. The décor is simple, modern and charming. The food was delicious and wonderfully prepared, with many original touches. Only negative is that the menu is small, so we were disappointed when they were out of our first choice, which didn't leave as much to choose from as we might have liked. That said, highlights included an excellent bloody Mary, which was enhanced by complex flavors (and heat!); an exceptional burger and amazing coffee cake. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- A bit Pricey BUT Sooo Good...FoodforThoughtDined on 8/3/2014The food is "party in your mouth" good. The menu is amazing, changes every year/season. And still consistent with fresh and organic ingredients. (It's now a must stop/annual tradition for our family on our way to drop-off our daughter at a nearby sleep-away camp.) The service this time around was a bit slow (maybe because they've expanded), hence the four stars given. But overall we love CT!
- A gastronomic delight!SkinnyDined on 8/1/2014One of the best meals that I've had in all of Ct. It's a real hidden gem in our own back yard. I will surely pass it on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outrageous!foodforthoughtDined on 8/1/2014One of the best meals I have ever had. Every plate was thoughtfully created. Interesting combinations of seasonal vegetables, fruits and meats. Fabulous oysters. Great wine list at reasonable prices. A must for any foodie.Special Features:
- SpinmeisterVIPDined on 8/1/2014Something must be done about the noise level. The smart people behind this truly outstanding restaurant should be able to figure it out.Special Features:
- Fantastic all-around experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/28/2014We went to this restaurant at the recommendation of a guidebook, and despite the fact that it was a bit of a drive to get to it, it was definitely worth it. The ambience was charming and the food was proudly local, immaculately presented and delicious, and the service was impeccable. Everything we ate had a little twist that made a standard dish excellent (kobe-style beef with chanterelle mushrooms and buttermilk mini-potatoes, for example). Couldn't recommend this place enough for a special occasion with friends or family.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014The staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming, the dishes were absolutely outstanding, and the music and atmosphere were spot on. The experience at Community Table was worth the long scenic drive it took to get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jooditDined on 7/26/2014Community Table offers an outstanding dining experience. The food is superb with flavors that are inventive and fresh, the service is friendly and attentive, and the decor is chic and unpretentious. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Pleasant ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The restaurant is excellent; the service is a little slow but staff is very pleasant. However the noise level is excessive and can make conversation a challenge. Happy they now take reservations and have opened an additional wing with a bar.Special Features:
- CTOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014Second time dining at CT this year. The restaurant does an excellent job sourcing local, fresh ingredients and always tries new flavor combinations. The negative to this approach is that the combinations can be overloaded with ingredients or the seasoning can be off. The lovely fresh salad greens, for example, were completely overwhelmed by the horseradish in the dressing, and the squid ink pasta on a prior visit was so salty that we couldn't finish the dish. The effort, however, is noble. The restaurant is vastly improved from its earlier incarnation when no reservations were accepted and the kitchen was regularly out of many menu items. The staff is attentive and well-trained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the besttymelyronVIPDined on 7/19/2014On par with the best restaurants in New York or elsewhere in Connecticut, we always look forward to returning to Community Table. The new back dining room/bar adds a lot of space. The burrata and gazpacho appetizers were special, and the strip steak (from a Texas farm) was a good as Peter Luger's. The waitstaff is consistently tops, this is a highlight of any trip to the area.Special Features:
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/201410 out of 10. Small, intimate, amazing food, amazing service. Everything I've been looking for in a restaurant in CT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brilliant mealmatthewemeottDined on 7/11/2014seriously one of the best meals I've ever had. I started with a cocktail called The Leatherman, which was a really, really nice, smokey, whiskey based drink, then my fiancé and I split the gazpacho for a starter ....which is worth killing for. seriously, it's that good. from there I had the strip lion, which was pretty much perfect....crisp sear on the outside , soft interior plus lemon potatoes and a spicy, warm, dill-cucumber side, plus Swiss chard. my fiancé had the halibut.... which was really nice as well. we split the strawberry and ricotta mousse...which was very good. (full confession: this meal was so good we actually went back two days later and I ordered the same exact thing with the exception of the dessert).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delectable!landogoshen2Dined on 7/10/2014delectable! celebrates through imaginative cuisine the relationship of nature, seasons, community and lifeSpecial Features: