Cirella's Restaurant & Bar
14 Broadhollow Road
Melville, NY 11747Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cirella's Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cirellasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6313857380
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Sushi, Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Trobiano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Parties from 10 - 200 everything from dinner with a personal chef and 10 friends to a elegant wedding.
- Private Party Facilities: Our entire facility is available for private parties on Saturday and Sunday afternoons for showers, birthday parties, weddings, bar mitzvahs or any special event.
- Private Party Contact: Tammy Stephens 6313857380
- Entertainment: Live Music Every Thursday Night 7-10pm.
A word from Cirella's Restaurant & Bar
25 years at this "bustling" Melville hub for both "business meetings" and " family celebrations," "gracious" hosts make folks "feel welcome" as they dig into "large portions" of "delicious" Continental and Northern Italian Favorites. The first to turn a veal chop into veal parmigiana and the first to offer sushi at an Italian Bistro "crudo" Italian Sashimi. Sushi Chef Alan Kim ranked 3rd best sushi on Long Island. The Cirella family owns and operates restaurants in some very unique locations. When shopping Cirella's @ Saks 5th Ave in the Walt Whitman mall. When hitting the Beach Surfs Out in Kismet Fire Island and when traveling to Florida Cirella's in Bonita Springs Fla. Each Restaurant is managed by a family member which means you can always find a cirella around "our family serving yours" has become our slogan over the years. Become "al la familia" ONE OF THE FAMILYContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cirella's Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (20)special occasion (17)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (8)romantic (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Friendly StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014The food was great. THe staff was courteous and friendly.Special Features:
- Perfect business dinnerace1226Dined on 9/22/2014Nice place in Melville reasonably priced. Food was good and they offer a nice selection of wine and a big selection of gluten free dinners. Our server was ok - could've smiled and been a little friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night's for Wine LoversCookieVIPDined on 9/22/2014Food is good, I always order the Bronzino, Monday is bring your own bottle of wine and this is a great concept for people like us who have bottles that Cirella's may not have on their wine list....The pink sauce is amazing...Service good....Special Features:
- a satified long term customerJHMDeanDined on 9/20/2014I've been going to this neighborhood gem for years......It NEVER disappoints, the food is wonderful, the staff is accomodating and although when crowded it is a bit loud.....It satisfies my tastes bud every time !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/16/2014FOOD IS ALWAYS GOOD THE SERVICE THIS TIME WASN'T UP TO THEIR REGULAR STANDARDS BUT HEY THERE IS ALWAYS A FIRST TIMESpecial Features:
- Great local spotgaryVIPDined on 9/9/2014Always consistent great food and service. The help is always very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousnjoyeatingoutDined on 9/6/2014This was our 1st time there. The food was delicious. The portions were large. None of us could finish our meals. The wait staff were wonderful. Knowledgeable and did not rush you thru any part of the meal. Looking forward to the next time we go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CookieVIPDined on 9/1/2014Wound up here last minute on labor day...very accommodating and friendly. I ordered the Branzino, my favorite and love the way its prepared, a whole fish, which I prefer...... My son in law ordered the Pescatore in Pink sauce, wow! that was delish! My husband had the pounded Veal Chop, also delicious...everything was satisfying and I will definitely return! We didn't know that Monday nights are "BYOB" of wine, so we loved that, as we usually order a bottle and now can bring what we have at home!Special Features:
- Great place!foodie4lyfDined on 8/31/2014The food is always exceptional here! We enjoyed many different dishes and each one was better than the next!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food and service was great. I didn't like the fact that it was valet parking only. I have a handicap equipped vehicle, and wanted to self park. I ended up parking down the street and had to walk down to the restaurant. Parking will keep me from going here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!ScottyVIPDined on 8/27/2014They certainly know how to run a restaurant. Love the food. Gotta try the Veal Parm. Like nothing you've ever had. "The best I the city".Special Features:
- Great classic Italian fareTesseract8550Dined on 8/7/2014For great Italian, look no further. Classic family style dishes, from penne ala vodka to specialties like veal vitaglio and bronzino oreganata. Be ready for lots of leftovers, and whatever you do don't miss the calamari cirella's style!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FuntimesDined on 8/4/2014Had wonderful dinner with friends - the veal parm, which 3 at table had, was amazing!! Loved the Monday night BYOW.Special Features:
- Food was only so, soLovemeDined on 8/3/2014On a Sunday evening....at 8:30 at night you should not run out of veal chops ...two if the six people at our table wanted to order it....they will not come back I put down neighborhood gem...but it's nitSpecial Features:
- Pleasure As AlwaysLove2EatDined on 8/2/2014The food, wine, and atmosphere is pleasurable over and over again. Perfect place for a first date, anniversary, birthdsy, etc... If you haven't tried this place, then you are seriously missing out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - and Lots of It!KenGreenbergVIPDined on 8/2/2014Cirella's is a neighborhood gem that's always consistent. It can be noisy - but worth it. The portions are huge, and the food is really good. While the specials are wonderful, they specialize in Parmigiana. Their veal parmigiana isn't what you think: it's actually a bone-in veal chop - a tennis racket sized monster on your plate. Those with truly hearty appetites may finish it... but I take it home and can eat for three more days. Salads are typically big enough for two people to split, as are the deserts. The cobbler with cinnamon ice cream is excellent. Fine wine selections - even by the glass. Generous portions and delicious garlic knots and pizza bread basket. Reasonably priced. What's not to like?Special Features:
- Really good food at a good pricePBachDined on 8/1/2014Our party of four was constantly crossing forks because everything was so good that we kept eating off each other's plates. Highly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Delicious!ChristineVIPDined on 7/22/2014The food is fabulous, the staff friendly and professional, and never a regret dining here!Special Features:
- Great dining all the timeEllieDined on 7/21/2014Wonderful service, excellent food consistently. Always feel at home!! Fun and modern atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, table was smalllidiner123VIPDined on 7/18/2014Our reservation was honored, food was delicious, service was good. Only complaint was the table for 4 that we were seated at was so small. My husband was uncomfortable. I don't know if some other tables were bigger. This would probably cause us not to choose this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PodocDined on 7/16/2014Was here on a date. Not the most romantic place for that and the service was not the best. had to return one of the orders since the waitress got it wrong.Special Features:
- DisappointedneednightoutDined on 7/13/20141st time here...planned on the Family Style menu for Sunday dinner. Needless to say, we ended up ordering from the regular menu since options for were extremely limited. I cannot comment on their wine list since, when I asked to see one, the server just asked, "Well,what do you want to drink?" I asked for a sparkling wine to start, to which he said they did not have any. I ended up with what turned put to be a mediocre Zinfandel. As for our meal, seems like if you stick with "typical" Italian food, you'll be satisfied, but not wowed. I appreciate more modern takes on food...ordered the gnocchi with summer vegetables..it was drowning in over-spiced red sauce. Barely touched, and mo one wanted to take home. Skip the tasteless desserts.
- LounluDined on 7/12/2014Great food, friendly and professional staff. Used the online reservations system twice and it worked like a charm both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good choiceNewtonDined on 7/12/2014The combination of Italian & sushi provides a excellent place to go. The location is somewhat difficult with the 110 traffic, but worth the tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food...but service sucked.GoodTimesDined on 7/10/2014Party of 5- we all LOVED our food: Veal Parm, Gnocci, Chicken Parm, Apple Crisp and Orange Sorbet. Serving sizes were enormous! Waiter seemed generally put out that we were there. Never once refilled our water glasses, was completely annoyed that we wanted separate checks, cleaned 1/2 table then left 2 plates for 5 minutes even though he walked by empty handed several times. When we asked what kind of white wine he had, he told us 3 kinds then walked away. Never asked if we wanted a glass or a bottle. His shirt had food on it. My bill was $90 for 3 people. I left $12 tip. He was quick to collect that but then came back to specifically asked me if everything was ok-like he was confused I only tipped 13%. I found this extremely rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here - a real surprise.Lou2UDined on 7/5/2014We have passed this spot numerous times for many years, as we live in the area. As soon as we were seated, the wait staff was on the spot, friendly & helpful. Large menu - Italian & Sushi ! Never had grilled veal bf, excellent. Definitely going back, with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014Always enjoy coming here when I am on the Island. Food is very good, service is excellent and neighborhood feel makes it great place to eat (especially compared to the hotel restaurant). Both the bar and main dining room are fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Was seated promptly, excellent food, first time having dinner there but have had lunch here on multiple occasions. Again the food was excellent. The service was slow. It took 45 minutes before the food came out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reviewer WrongBubbeVIPDined on 6/28/2014This is an ordinary restaurant in the true sense of the word. It was recommended as a sushi restaurant by a reviewer in Newsday. I didn't have to all the way to Melville when I have Japanese restaurants in Great Neck. Try Saki 68 and Sushi if you want good Japanese food.
- You can count on Cirella's!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/27/2014Food and service are always good. Staff is friendly and always makes you feel welcome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Cirella'smitymoeDined on 6/27/2014Whenever there's a special occasion or a reason to go out to dinner as a family we always choose Cirella's. We don't go out that often and know that it will always be good and special there. My twins chose it again when their aunt asked them where they wanted to go for their middle school graduation. Of course for them it's all about the penne alla vodka. And they say Cirella's has the best! One of the few things they actually agree on! The adults can never decide because everything there is great...including the sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceMKV04Dined on 6/26/2014It is a nice place. Could use a little updates. But food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014Nice place to eat. Food and service were great. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 204 reviews are from the Cirella's Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Friendly placeFun2dineDined on 6/19/2014The ambiance was great at the bar and restaurant. Food was also very good. The staff and the patrons were all very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentDrewDined on 6/18/2014Always wonderful. Fairly priced, especially for wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DougVIPDined on 6/16/2014Pasta selections are not to be missed- these are the stars of the menu. Perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryVIPDined on 6/14/2014We came to Cirella's for a family gathering. My husband and son love their veal chop parmigiana. It was consistently good! The only problem we had was that we waited for 30 minutes by the bar even though we had a reservation. Normally I wouldn't mind that much, but my daughter-In-Law is pregnant and it was not a comfortable spot for her to wait for a table. In their defense, I have never waited that long for a table at Cirella's when I had a reservation.Special Features:
- Missed your friendly serviceFood4thoughtVIPDined on 6/11/2014We were so glad to visit when revisiting a friend in NY. We still love your menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food4usDined on 6/5/2014Great food and service, but a little on the expensive side.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014The food was excellent as usual. WE had a very nice oval corner table away from mos tof the noise. Would reccomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.