Cibreo Italian Kitchen
1438 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, OH 44115Neighborhood:
Downtown Cleveland / Playhouse Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cibreo Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cibreocleveland.com/
- Phone: (216) 862-9212
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Moday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Erik Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For those who appreciate the kind of hospitality that embraces even the simplest of details, Driftwood Catering offers our guests a wide variety of event scheduling for rehearsal dinners or weddings, parties, business retreats and other entertainment needs. We have the ability to cater any event whether at one of our dedicated private facilities or off site. Also available to our clients is our team of food trucks, Dim and Den Sum and Hodge Podge of the Food Network’s The Great Food Truck Race, which allows us to bring our kitchen to you. email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Beautifully Restored theater with stage that seats 175 comfortably. Private Bar also available. Private Entrance and dressing areas for your guests.
A word from Cibreo Italian Kitchen
From the beautiful interior featuring wood beams and stone walls, to the authentic Italian fare that includes fresh pastas tossed with seasonal vegetables, Cibréo delivers a traditional Tuscan experience. Serving lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cibreo Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)fit for foodies (100)romantic (81)good for groups (64)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (35)hot spot (31)great for lunch (14)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (12)scenic view (10)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Go on MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2014The 2-for-$40 deal on Monday was definitely worth it! One appetizer, two entrees, and a bottle of wine for $40. Meatball appetizer was good but not great. Both entrees - pasta carbonara and ricotta gnocchi with duck - were fantastic. With nothing going on at Playhouse Square, we had our choice of tables and noise level stayed comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance Galore with Great ServiceIndigo05VIPDined on 11/19/2014We dined here with a group of 8 before a show on a Wednesday. The place was very quiet and not crowded at all. It is absolutely stunning visually and really puts you in a good mood as you arrive. The menu offers plenty of options including soups, salads, pastas, seafood and more traditional entrees. I enjoyed a fresh fish that was pan-sauteed to crispy perfection. Everyone in our group seemed to thoroughly enjoy their dinners too. Our server helped pace the meal perfectly so that we were ready to head out to the show without a rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining spot at Playhouse SquareBetteBoopDined on 11/15/2014Had dinner before seeing Newsies. We were in and out in 1hr with appetizer and dinner. We were not rushed out, so we could have stayed longer for dessert and coffee had we not been so full! Entrees were delicious as was the focaccia bread with homemade pesto. Service was great, so we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PlayhouseSquareDined on 11/15/2014We had a nice time, but the service was a bit slow. It took about 10 minutes for us to get water to the table. We had 3-4 different servers througout the night. But the food was very good and the portions were nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food slower service this timeHandDDined on 11/15/2014We have been to this restaurant several times and it has been very good. We arrived at 5:15 with our show starting at 7:30 we were not is a big hurry but our service was a lot slower and drawn out then I. The past. We did not get out of the restaurant until 7:15. By the time we dropped off our left over at the car the show was starting. I think next time we will inform the waiter we would like to be out of there at 7:00 so we can enjoy a drink at the playhouse before the show. Food was very good as always. They did mess up my wife's order but....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!lrubeDined on 11/12/2014Prior to attending the theater, this Playhouse Square restaurant offers a great atmosphere and dining experience. The food and drinks were outstanding. Located near the theaters makes it convenient, especially if the weather is not friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem that is Convenient to Playhouse SquarePAYoungDined on 11/12/2014We had a group of 5 who enjoyed a really nice meal with wine, appetizers and entrees before a performance at Playhouse Square. The food, in taste and presentation, was superb. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and attentive. Special requests for preparation were handled with ease. We always enjoy going to this restaurant -- when we can get a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!MA4428Dined on 11/11/2014Very good food and lovely ambiance! We love that music isn't blaring, and the staff is very competent. Wanted to try every item on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful theatre district additionJayMinkDined on 11/11/2014Total makeover from the previous restaurant tennent Bricco, this upscale Tuscan Italian restaurant has a small menu but very delicious entries. Our party of six tried several items and all prepared very well. Nice being across the street from Playhouse, but wise to use this app for making advance reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for pre-theater diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/11/2014Cibreo serves a good Italian meal in an efficient manner, well aware that their clientele is bound by curtain times. Charles was pleasantly accommodating to my wife's dietary restrictions. The lamb ragu pasta was delicious, as were all of the other meals at the table. Our friend's osso buco was reported to be outstanding!I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUV2EATLUV2EATDined on 11/9/201411/9 pre show. Food was good but service was not so good as restaurant was packed . Server was unable to answer simple question like what beer was on draft and had to ask for almost everything. Wanted cup of tea but was presented box of flavored teas that was almost empty. Will return later this month and bring my own tea bagsSpecial Features:
- Cibreo Italian KitchenemailpattiDined on 11/9/2014The service is very slow. We go there for dinner before the theatre across the street. It is very convenient, so we put up with the service. The food is ok, but nothing to rave about.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep coming back!JeneDined on 11/8/2014This is a really, really good restaurant. The food is excellent and interesting and the service is always attentive without being too hovering. Our only issue this time - and it's the first time - was that it was so hot in the spot where we were sitting. It could have been that they were trying to get the temperature adjusted, as it had just turned cold. They did attempt to take care of it after we pointed it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the Showlostinthe50sDined on 11/6/2014Cibreo is a great place to have dinner before the theater. Good food and timely service gets you to the show on time.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/4/2014We dined here prior to attending a show at the Palace (I still can't call it Connor Palace or whatever then new name is). My guest and I each had a pasta dinner. I had the clams and linguine which was light and had a delicious clam flavor. There were just the right amount of clams in the pasta in addition to the clams a surrounded the plate. This interior is beautiful. The service was a bit slow but I think that was just our server. She was very professional and friendly, just not too attentive to our table. She may have had many tables. Nothing outrageous. I recommend Cibreo highly.Special Features:
- Ciao Bella!imakereservationsDined on 11/4/2014This was a nice restaurant for dinner before the theater. Our server was efficient and personable, and made sure we were able to make curtain time. I had pasta carbonara which could have used more pancetta/bacon taste, but my dining partner really enjoyed her Chicken Parmesan. The decor was great - very inviting.
- Some small stumblesBettyVIPDined on 11/2/2014We've eaten at Cibreo several times, and have always enjoyed the ambiance, service, and quality of the food. This time we chose a Sunday evening after the theater, and while we enjoyed it overall, it was pretty clear that the B team was on duty. The food was a bit uneven, although most of us enjoyed our meals, and the service was a bit less attentive than usual. That said, it was still a very enjoyable experience, and we look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ambiance and mealLaurencDined on 11/1/2014I chose Cibreo as I had read wonderful things about it and it was convenient as we were going to the theater. Our meal was excellent. The service left a lot to be desired. She seemed young and inexpereinced and bumbled her way through our meal. This did nto seem to be the case with other server I observed.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableBettyVIPDined on 10/31/2014We've eaten several times at Cibreo and always enjoyed it. The food is excellent, the surroundings lovely. This go-round we found the service just a bit lax--seemed to be the particular server tending to us. Caused us a little anxiety about making our showtime, although Cibreo is typically very good about getting people taken care of in time to make their theater times. Overall, a wonderful meal in a wonderful setting.Special Features:
- Cibreo Italian KitchenJimmyDined on 10/27/2014This is second time I've eaten at Cibreo and the second time I've been very satisfied. My brother and I took advantage of the "2 for $40" special on a Monday night. I was a little surprised when the soup arrived in cups, but perhaps a mistake was made the first time I dined at the restaurant, when my companion and I--we ordered the same special dinner--were served the soup in bowls. No matter; there was plenty to eat, and it was all good.Special Features:
- CibreoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014I went to Cibreo with my mom before the Browns game, right when they opened at 3. It was the first time I was there and I am definitely going back. Food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodAlleeDined on 10/25/2014Our meal was delicious and the service was great. We love this place and it would be 5 Stars for us but the wines are very pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Playhouse Square DestinationPiqua41VIPDined on 10/25/2014Two friends and I decided to give Cibreo a try given the fact that it's associated with Welshfield Inn and its wonderful Driftwood Restaurant Group. The environment is cozy; the food, fantastic; and it's much better priced than Cowell & Hubbard. Hope it makes it in the space, where every few years there seems to be a new restaurant. The manager even stopped by to see if everything was to our satisfaction. Salmon was superb; pasta special, wonderful; and don't miss the dessert special of doughnut balls with three sauces. Of course they have a more appealing name, but that's what they were. Yums all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before theaterJustanotherdinerDined on 10/25/2014Saturday night and busy with a pre theater crowd, but our service and food were both very good. Manager stopped by to make sure everything was okay, so that was a plusSpecial Features:
- Location is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Great location for theater dining. Directly across from the theaters. Food was good, service very good. Prices are reasonable for a downtown location. Definitely need reservations for a theater visit, other times not necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014The restaurant was beautiful, service was excellent. We enjoyed an early meal before a concert which was wonderful because we could walk to the show. Our dinner was delicious & the cocktails we had at the bar before dinner were well crafted by the bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but be warned...JayceeisdoneDined on 10/21/2014The service here can be agonizingly slow. Because it's situated directly across from Playhouse Square, the restaurant should be keenly aware that many, if not most, of their patrons are trying to make a show. Our server seemed oblivious to this fact. This irked me because she never asked us, and even after I made a point of telling her that we, too, needed to make it on time she did nothing to hasten her service. We waited 30 minutes for one, simple entrée. I asked for coffee and the bill and 15 minutes later had neither. When I finally all but tripped her to get her attention, I told her forget the coffee, we're going to be late. She just shrugged and (finally!) got us our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Cibreo Italian KitchenemailpattiDined on 10/19/2014The food was ok, nothing special. The service was very slow, but we were still able to get to the Play, across the street, on time.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere; Fair+ foodMrchasvDined on 10/18/2014We arrived for dinner right after the show rush ended. Food still came out a bit slow. Decor is really nice... like a Tuscan castle. The meal portions are small and mediocre+(not bad, just nothing special). Linguine & claim had no more than 6 very tiny clams (I recall less) for $22.00. I don't mind a smaller portion, but not at a top dollar ala carte price.Special Features:
- Cibreo Oh No !alwaysdiningDined on 10/18/2014We had reservations for 2 on Saturday, 10/18/14 prior to seeing "Motown" at the State Theater. The interior is done in a Tuscony style. A nice change especially after seeing Bricco's decor for many years. We had been warned by friends to allow 2 hours prior to your show time. This was correct. We tried the bruschetta app which was loaded with mushrooms, some cheese, and no sauce which made it extremely dry. Their homemade bread is very good though. The tomato/cucumber salad was tasty and ample for 2 to share. Now for the disappointing entrees: 3 scallops on a butternut squash flavored risotto. The risotto was more of a filler which distracted from the scallops. The thin fish fillet entrée was just OK. "D" grade
- MarcMelDined on 10/17/2014I've eaten at this restaurant a few times because of its close proximity to the theatre. This time, the food was fair at best. The beans served with the veal were undercooked. The veal cut was not the best and was chewy. The portions are also very small. It took about 20 minutes from being seated until our order was taken. It took another 30 minutes before our food was served, so if you have tickets to a show, make sure you give yourself a good amount of lead time. The restaurant was very loud, but that is to be expected on a Friday night.
- Great RestaurantsaintlyfoodDined on 10/17/2014Went to this restaurant before the theater. The food was great and served in perfect time. The waiter was very knowledgeable and made several good recommendations. It was the beginning of a wonderful evening. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Second time here. Just as good as the first. We were attending a performance at the Allen theater and we were served in plenty of time. They are able to meet the challenge of serving a theater crowd in a timely manner with good food and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown & worth itjmarion93Dined on 10/16/2014Very convenient location in Playhouse Square. Though a storefront, the interior is upscale and inviting. The food quality and wine list are better than average. Perhaps not a destination, but if you are looking for something in this area, it is definately worth it.Special Features:
- DebbycleDined on 10/15/2014A convenient choice when attending events in Playhouse Square. Food is good, service staff cognizant of getting quests to theatre on time. It is a little noisy. I would not choose for an intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantPAYoungDined on 10/15/2014Always enjoy dining at Cibreo Italian Kitchen. Our group of 5 enjoyed a variety of food offerings before heading across the street to enjoy a show at Playhouse Square.Special Features:
- fair experiencepreplaydiningDined on 10/14/2014We were a bit disappointed with our experience this time. The food was just average, bread was not as fresh as last time. Meals were less than "hot". Our service was just adequate.
- BDinNCTVIPDined on 10/14/2014The food and atmosphere are great at Cibreo but our server could have used some assistance. He was doing a good job considering the number of tables he had and the number of people at the tables. The restaurant needs to staff up for pre-show crowds.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigJimDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant is consistently solid. Food is very good and service is always where it needs to be...attentive, but not hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't get the specialPierWisBetterDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I went to dinner prior to the Broadway series. Our waiter highly recommened the chiefs special creation which was cornish hen. It came out looking burnt and it was very dry. The couple next to us ordered the same. Both tables complained about the quality and it was taken off both of our checks. There was not enough time to order something else and still make it to the play on time. I felt the entire place was over priced. I travel a great deal and I eat at many very nice restraurants, this was not one of those.