Cibreo Italian Kitchen
1438 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, OH 44115Neighborhood:
Downtown Cleveland / Playhouse Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cibreo Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cibreocleveland.com/
- Phone: 2168629212x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Moday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Erik Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For those who appreciate the kind of hospitality that embraces even the simplest of details, Driftwood Catering offers our guests a wide variety of event scheduling for rehearsal dinners or weddings, parties, business retreats and other entertainment needs. We have the ability to cater any event whether at one of our dedicated private facilities or off site. Also available to our clients is our team of food trucks, Dim and Den Sum and Hodge Podge of the Food Network’s The Great Food Truck Race, which allows us to bring our kitchen to you. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Beautifully Restored theater with stage that seats 175 comfortably. Private Bar also available. Private Entrance and dressing areas for your guests.
A word from Cibreo Italian Kitchen
From the beautiful interior featuring wood beams and stone walls, to the authentic Italian fare that includes fresh pastas tossed with seasonal vegetables, Cibréo delivers a traditional Tuscan experience. Serving lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cibreo Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)romantic (73)fit for foodies (61)good for groups (47)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (34)great for lunch (18)hot spot (16)scenic view (11)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- most enjoyableBillVIPDined on 9/19/2014Service was very slow at the beginning but improved as the meal wore on. Food was delicious. We had a wonderful table at the window which was quiet. Hihly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice experienceKpriceVIPDined on 9/19/2014The service and the management here is top notch! The convenience to the theater is so nice, we couldn't be happier to have a nice restaurant to eat at prior to the shows! Everyone's meals were outstanding, no complaints here!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014poor welcome--we were early for our reservation, because the web site wouldn't let us pick earlier than 6:30. food was very average --at bestSpecial Features:
- Great foodOurnewfavoriteDined on 9/12/2014Great service and great food. Try the vegetable lasagna even if you are not a vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- red1101Dined on 9/5/2014it was delicious. even those in my party who are not big fans of italian food loved it. we look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dead for LunchAverageBusinessOwnerVIPDined on 9/5/2014I wook our small downtown company (5) to lunch to celebrate employee birthday. Service was excellent along with the bread served with butter & oil. Arrived at 12:15 for our reservation which seemed silly since we werew only ones in the place on a lovely Friday afternoon in downtown Cleveland. Otto Moser across the street had tables packed outside which made us wonder why they do not have available. Go before it closes since it is beautiful inside with lots of stone and wood....would take 10 years to get money back on decorations....so it is written, so it will be....closed soon that is....
- Perfect eveningLuvitalianfoodVIPDined on 9/2/2014We had a great dinner. The restaurant was very busy but the service, food and atmosphere was great! The timing of drinks/wine, appetizers and dinner was perfect. We had the vegetarian lasagna and chicken parm.....both were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dinner outSpecialNightOutDined on 9/2/2014Service was excellent, Food presentation was exceptional, Would recommend this place for a romantic dinner before a show or special occasion!Special Features:
- Great pre-show diningsusieb4547Dined on 8/30/2014We ate at Cibreo before attending a play at Playhouse Square. It was our second dining experience at the restaurant and once again the food was delicious with good portion size (not too large). We dined in the bar area and the bartender was our server...she was excellent! We would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone attending a show at Playhouse Square...next time we will go back after the show as well as before.Special Features:
- cibreo was wonderfuldkf112Dined on 8/17/2014Food and atmosphere were fabulous. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend...Dad4523Dined on 8/16/2014Very nice night. The menu is limited but everything we tried was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dining experienceGramcredDined on 8/16/2014First time here, but wanted restaurant close to theatre, as we are season ticket holders. Service was excellent, our waiter asked immediately if we were attending a performance and made sure we were well attended. Sides were rather expensive, as were beverages, but complementary coffee was excellent! Would definitely go back again. Valet parking with discount definite plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice ambiance. Great good.BillieDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant itself is beautiful inside. Great architecture and reminds you of a Tuscan village. Our waitress was fantastic. Pastas were very good just a little too pricey for pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Night OutItalia22Dined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful time at Cibreo. The restaurant is beautiful inside and the staff were friendly accommodating. Our party had 6 people (3 couples) and we could not have been more impressed. The food was absolutely delicious, I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a night out in a beautiful location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian RestaurantTeddyVIPDined on 8/2/2014We went here for the fist time. We made a mistake of trying to get in from the "Privato" (private) side and had to drive around to the front side. Both entrances have valet parking though. The ambiance is nice, rustic and quiet. However, there was a wedding party in the private space of the restaurant and we could here the DJ and the dance music in the dining area. Luckily, it didn't last all night. The food was nice. I ordered the bean soup, salmon and spaghetti side. I enjoyed all of it. My husband had the scallops, but he said they were rubbery and too salty. Everyone else in our party seemed to enjoy their food. I would recommend this place.Special Features:
- Gen to DowntownboboVIPDined on 7/26/2014Decor makes you feel you are in Tuscany. Service is pleasant, prompt and accurate. Food is delicious and well prepared. A very positive experience. Second time I've been here and not disappointed. Experience was consistentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have ordered something elsejohnnycapuzziDined on 7/26/2014The pan seared bronzini was actually pan decimated...too crispy with little moisture left in it. My chicken carbonara was simply OK...not enough seasoning, pieces of chicken still had the cartilage attached, and very little of the pancetta in attendance. Salads were fantastic (caprese and the house cibreo although the cibreo could have used a bit more fennel). With all the other great restaurants in town don't think I'll be back anytime soon.
- RELAX BEFORE/AFTER A SHOW...sohbeeDined on 7/26/2014Made reservations due to proximity to the theaters. Enjoyed a very relaxing, wonderful dinner with companions, being able to talk without shouting. Very attentive, efficient staff. Crossed street to theater, then stopped for dessert after show. Parked one time (there's a $5 lot one block behind restaurant!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/26/2014Food is of high quality and reasonably priced, but service can't handle the pre-theater rush well -- even for those who arrived nearly 2 hours before the show started. Waited nearly 30 minutes for dessert -- gelato and Tirsa Misu -- neither of which would require any preparation time. I will be heading back to Cowell and Hubbard next time.
- Playhouse Square DiningCharles21Dined on 7/26/2014Cibreo is perfect for dinner either before or after a production at one of Playhouse Square's many theaters. It is well decorated, right across the street on Euclid, and offers an upper level of Italian dishes. Our food was excellent. The only complaint we had was the prices of wine by the glass are way high, being double or more cocktail cost, and while there were a few whole bottles of wine available in a $35-$50 range, we didn't want to drink that much before seeing live theater. Nice place, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and a culinary gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014If you like uniquely prepared dishes in a great location this is a great place to go. We were expecting the traditional italian and was surprised with the twist they put on the menu. We each had a ravioli dish which were both great. One dish was stuffed with ricotta and covered in a saffron cream sauce and shrimp. The other was broth based and stuffed with a chestnut filling and topped with Ohio corn and mushrooms. Our server was very pleasant and down to earth and made our experience in the rustic italian atmosphere a special time. The portions are a little small so be sure to get an appetizer or add sides to your entree.Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Verg cozy and Italian like. My wife and I highly recommend. We walked over from the union club. ExcellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venue before the showCadg55Dined on 7/22/2014Upon being seated, the hostess asked if we were attending a show that evening. Food arrived on time, and service was great. We were seated in a booth at the bar area and the bartender, Brad, took care of us. He was tending the bar, serving other tables, and service was was perfect. Food was very good too. This is one of my favorite restaurants to go to when we are going to a show. They get the fact service and food needs to be timely and they get you out the door in time.Special Features:
- TSK4Dined on 7/22/2014Mushroom ravioli was on the doughy side. Salmon was average.
- Perfect before theater!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Nice ambiance, wonderful food, and very, very attentive staff.
- After Show Treat!FAB617Dined on 7/18/2014My wife and I came here after a show at The State Theater. Conveniently located right across the street. They don't have a very large menu or wine list but our meals were very tasty. My wife had vegetable lasagna and I had a halibut special. The service was quick and the food quite pleasant. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very good dinnerskenjDined on 7/18/2014I had the Bolognese - very good. My wife had the pork chop - among the best she has ever had! The staff tries had to keep diners on track to be finished so as not to be late for productions at Playhouse Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodMamaCJDined on 7/18/2014Cibreo is a great stop for dinner for any occasion. Although the lighting was a little dim for 5:45pm, you could still see the beautiful stonework around the whole restaurant. The food choices were varied and everything we ordered was delicious. Their wine list was fantastic too. The only problem I had was that the way the 2-top tables were situated, you were far away from your guest, but very close to a stranger, so you felt slightly uncomfortable to have a normal conversation. A little wine helped with that situation :) I highly recommend.Special Features:
- UghOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014Cold food, slow service, avoid this over price place
- QuicknessDined on 7/17/2014Fabulous restaurant to have dinner before a show. Make this your favorite stop.Special Features:
- Very nice!KpriceVIPDined on 7/14/2014It's our second time there and everything was so nice! The location by Playhouse Square is very convenient and the staff is genuinely excited to have you!Special Features:
- BigJimDined on 7/14/2014The menu is above average from a creative perspective for a mid priced restaurant, and the execution of the dishes is consistently strong.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodNaeNae74VIPDined on 7/12/2014Of all the Italian restaurants I have frequented in Cleveland, the food at Cibreo is by far the best. Service was spectacular. The prices are good. I highly recommend Cibreo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always LovelyfirestorrmDined on 7/10/2014I always appreciate what good service they provide. I go there often, and the one time I forgot a reservation they let me eat in the VIP room since I'm a regular even though they didn't really have any tables left. The food is always delicious, their appetizers are my favorite. I LOVE their olive oil, butter, and pesto mix that they bring out in the beginning, and my mom said it was the best pesto she'd ever had which is a huge compliment from her. The only thing I wish is that they had simpler desserts!Special Features:
- Okay, but not greatAverageGuyDined on 7/10/2014I would come back, but I found the food to be average. This is my second time there. I got the special, which was fish / salad. The fish, which while very small in size, but prepared ok, was buried under an unruly pile of watercress. The service was good, the food was timely, and they served the group well. In Cleveland, the food needs to move up a notch or two to match the competitionSpecial Features:
- expected moreWestsideKatDined on 7/8/2014Four of us stopped in on a weeknight hoping for a couple of drinks and a good dinner before a show. The decor was impressive and still smells new. The tables were nicely spaced and, despite all the stonework, was surprisingly quiet. The service was disappointing. The waiter had zero knowledge of the wine and scotch lists and only a little about the food offerings. The highlight of the meal was the halibut and zucchini special. Unfortunately, I didn't have time for dessert. We probably will not return.
- Good pasta, nice serviceGastrogeeky1Dined on 7/5/2014We loved the pastas, cheeses, and focaccia. The scallops came out smelling rather fishy, but tasted ok. We suspect they may have been frozen, not quite thawed, and seared at a really high heat. The risotto was really salty, but texture was ok. Desserts were adequate, service was very nice - warm and friendly staff. I'd definitely go back for more pasta. Overall the atmosphere and decor were very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, quiet nightFmayseDined on 7/3/2014This was our first time at Cibero. It was the Thursday of a holiday weekend, so there was almost no one there. Of course that meant that every waiter checked in on us. We started with the cheese and salumi board which was excellent. Then we had the mushroom risotto and rack of lamb. Both were very good. I would go again, but hopefully it will be a little livelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Findrupps5pacDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I chose Cibreo for a date night and were not disappointed. Everything was excellent, from the service to the food, and especially the wine list. The atmosphere is perfect for a romantic night out or a celebratory group setting. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Playhouse Square Diningsands46Dined on 6/28/2014the calamari appetizer was exquisite. the main courses, vegetable lasagna and scallops over risotto, were just as delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.