Churrascos - River Oaks
2055 Westheimer at Shepherd
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
Upper Kirby / Shepherd Corridor
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Churrascos - River Oaks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cordua.com/
- Phone: (713) 527-8300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am-4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm-9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm-10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: available till 3:00pm
Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Cordúa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With six award-winning restaurants, Américas, Artista, Churrascos and Amazón Grill to choose from, The Cordúa Group has taken the best of their portfolio and added other unique flavors. The result: a contemporary flavor unique to MjC Events that can be enjoyed outside of their restaurants. Whether you are planning an intimate gathering or a gala of splendor, the finest events always start with MjC Events. Event Managers are ready to help you plan your next event! Please contact them at MjC Events 713.961.0911.
A word from Churrascos - River Oaks
Further south than you have ever been before for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Churrascos - River Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)fit for foodies (79)good for groups (75)romantic (56)great for lunch (45)neighborhood gem (44)great for brunch (40)notable wine list (28)hot spot (27)kid-friendly (20)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Belated Birthday DinnerDDluvsDiningDined on 11/22/2014We had never experienced this restaurant before. We had received a gift card & were able to fit in a reservation before a play Downtown. We opted for the River Oaks local. Our waiter & staff were very attentive, yet not overbearing. Very easy to get to. Wonderful food, service & atmosphere! We would recommend & return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Very GoodHoustonfoodieDined on 11/21/2014Staff made our friends' birthday dinner special. Food and service are consistently very good and we have made this an annual tradition to celebrate their birthdays here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - as always.HappycustomerDined on 11/20/2014Went with a group of 8 women for a fun girls get together. The service was impeccable and the food was wonderful. My husband and I will go there for a date night, or with our children for family dinner frequently. We have also been there with large groups (like this trip) and every time the meet or exceed our expectations. Can't say enough good things about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday experienceHungryHoustonianDined on 11/18/2014Make sure you have enough time for a slow meal. This celebration wasn't meant to be a rush, but it took over two hours for a lunch. The flaming Tres Leches was worth the whole wait though and our waiter was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive serviceEndosamVIPDined on 11/15/2014I love Nicaraguan churrasco steak, but Churrasco's steak seems to be thicker to cater to American tastes. OK. That's where we are. I love extra chimichurri sauce which they brought for me. The semicircular booths can make it a romantic special dinner, and the foot rests are an added special touch. I've been to coup dinners in their back room and they do a nice job for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014Been a long time customer for twenty years plus. Haven't been for two years. We were both very disappointed with the taste of the food. We always have The steak Cherasco. It was not up to usual expectations. We thought maybe you changed chefs. For the prices
- its awesomethirdeyemodernDined on 11/12/2014Great food, treat yourself, you will spend $100/person, its worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening out with special friendsPasadenaRickDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I were trying to decide where to take newly Pasadena residents out to diner where we could carry on a conversation and enjoy great food. We both came up with the same conclusion; Churrascos. As always, the food was great, we were able to catch up with great conversations and best of all; our friends really enjoyed the restaurant and want to come back with their son.Special Features:
- great as alwaysmacknsimonDined on 11/7/2014Been coming to churas cos for years and it never disappoints us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DouglasBDined on 11/7/2014Food was great and service was outstanding. We had theater tickets that required us to eat in a timely manner and our waiter made that happen.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Papas reviewPRFoodLoverVIPDined on 11/2/2014Never had a bad experience. Food is great the dessert are even better. Good bar drinks and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!diningwithMichaelDined on 11/2/2014The food and service was wonderful! A delightful meal before the Houston Pops concert! The manager Ron is a great host and provides a very welcoming environment for the dining guests. The wait staff is attentive and very pleasant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice DiningMelvinDined on 10/31/2014We chose this dining facility from on line listing. It was fantastic. We had had a hectic day and the ambiance,service and food were more than expected. Will definitely return when in the Houston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in Almost Every Wayarby42Dined on 10/24/2014The food and the service were perfect in every way. My only complaint, as always, was the noise level. Conversation was impossible across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to ddeluverGratefulVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great service and food quality. Sergio never forgets what you like and dislike, brands you drink, and ever better allways with a friendly smile.Special Features:
- Churrascos steak is why I'm hereTravelingguyDined on 10/18/2014We came to celebrate a life event. The restaurant seated up promptly and I am glad I had the reservation on Open Table. There was a large group of waiting people which is a good sign. The Churrasco steak is the item to order. Plus save room if possible for dessert. We had the rum coated and flaming tres leches. A great way to end the meal.Special Features:
- Amazing birthdayJulesVIPDined on 10/18/2014Love this place and second year to celebrate my birthday.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceFoodseekerDined on 10/14/2014Attentive waitstaff and hostess. Explain the menu and the specials for the day. Churrascos excellent. Carnitas was a favorite, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!GradPartyDined on 10/13/2014Went with our season holder Texan discount and ordered the chef's special. It was delicious and we always enjoy this restaurant for special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.Special Features:
- Party of 20alepowDined on 10/11/2014I celebrated my birthday with friends. Everything was to perfection. This is a superb venue to go with a group. They divided us into two tables of 10 and each table had a waiter. As usual - the food was amazing. A. LepowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The staff was so professional, sweet and were polished. I would come here for anniversary type dinners and special occasions.Special Features:
- Major disappointment!!Foodies123Dined on 10/2/2014We've been to Churrascos multiple times and this was by far our worst experience to date. There have been some cost cutting changes to the menu on some of our favorite dishes. When we asked why, we were told the decisions came from corporate. That's when the light bulb came on in my head. This is becoming a chain restaurant and the food is definitely suffering. Two new locations in less than 12 months. Expanding the brand but not carrying over the same great food. Our experience here was just flat out not worth the $$. Very disappointing!!!!!!!
- late tableDavidDined on 9/20/2014We had a 730 reservation bit had to get the manager to be seated at 815Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014The food was bland,tasteless.The fish I ordered was "superdead",old,not fresh at all and expensive.
- Peaceful Thursday DinnerCarolDined on 9/18/2014It is always a pleasure to dine at Churrasco's. The waitstaff is delightful and well versed in the menu and specials for the evening. Our meal was exemplary. Though there were several families with children, the kids were well behaved and highly entertaining. The flambe experience amazing the kids and adults alike!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartinmartygDined on 9/15/2014The food was excellent as usual. The service was terrible. Our waiter also had a table of 8 young women and spent most of his time flirting with them. The whole evening he was trying to rush us through our meal, was not really paying attention, got a number of things wrong with our orders, and had to be reminded about most requests. Based on prior experience, I expect better from Churrasco's. Also we were there with someone who had not been before so I doubt he'll be going back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Service, Noisearby42Dined on 9/13/2014The food could not have been better. The service was perfect. The noise level was so high that conversation was difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outEspressoDined on 9/12/2014The food was great...pleasant atmosphere ... perfect for a date night. I really enjoyed itSpecial Features:
- The GM laughed at us!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014The food was good but our service there will be why I never go back. Once it was time for the main course I was excited as I had heard so many good things about this place, they brought me the wrong order!!! I was quietly waiting for my server to come over so I could let him know and get it corrected but after 10 minutes I gave up and started to eat. It took 20 minutes for our server to come check on us after the kitchen staff brought us our plates.
- great experiencefoodpoliceDined on 9/7/2014We took out of town foodies to Churrasco's and they were impressed. The food was delicious and although I didn't have room for dessert, the others did and they loved the desserts. The manager was attentive. highly recommend this restaurant. We have been here many times and not only is it great...it is consistent!! Our only disappointment was that the tilapia is no longer on the menu...BUT there were plenty of other wonderful optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodTaprooterDined on 9/7/2014I have dinned here several times now and am impressed with the service and food. Parking is also a big plus as few restaurants in Houston have ample parking. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Would recommend restaurant to anyone looking for excellent service and outstanding foodSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryHappytoDineHereDined on 9/4/2014This is an ideal spot for special occasions. The food is excellent. Consider for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualPolrbVIPDined on 9/3/2014Our favorite restaurant in Houston, and it never fails to please. The food was superb.Special Features:
- My Birthday DinnerShamesDined on 8/30/2014Churrascos was awesome , Had a reservation for 8:30 and we were seated early , Assistant manager came to us and she answered our questions rt away and suggested a couple of cocktails she personally made for us , waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. Our food was awesome , the churrasco steak was awesome and would recommend to all . Overall was a birthday meal I will not forget and plan to vist there again in the future .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in the world !!!myfavoriterinHoustonDined on 8/30/2014My very favorite restaurant! Food is delicious -- everything from appetizers to salad to entree to dessert to drinks! Service is impeccable. LOVE IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JakeDined on 8/30/2014Came here during the Restaurant Weeks. Had a great time and really enjoyed the food. 3rd year in a row coming during this time and the first on a Saturday night. A little louder on Saturday night than on Sunday night the year before. Not so loud as to not be able to enjoy conversation with my wife though. Service was great and food was timed and out perfectly. All around another great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014They did not skimp on the food just because it was restaurant week! That tells a whole lot! I would definitely recommend this place for Latin American cuisine. The enthusiasm in their service definitely shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeralchsDined on 8/28/2014This was my first time at Churrascos. Service was good, food was amazing. We went for restaurant weeks. I will be back!Special Features:
- Restaurant Month MenuAggiemomVIPDined on 8/26/2014Churrascos had a great "Restaurant Month Menu". A delicious dinner had by all in our party. We had so much, we had to take it home with us!!Special Features: