Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster
36 Beacon Drive
Greenville, SC 29615Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chophouse47.com/
- Phone: 8642868700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Closed Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Chophouse '47 hearkens back to the cozy 1940’s upscale New York-style steakhouse- subdued lighting, hardwood floors, and dark-stained tables and chairs reflect the atmosphere of a great time in American history. They offer two private dining spaces as well as the option to buy out the entire venue.
- Private Party Contact: Robin Martz 8886521604
- Special Events: Chophouse ’47 is ready to make your next special occasion or corporate event rare with award winning cuisine and service in an upscale, professional atmosphere. We offer our full dinner menu as well as prix fixe menus that may be personalized to accommodate your needs. There are no room fees charged.
A word from Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster
Winner of Wine Spectator’s “Award of Excellence” & 10best.com’s “Top Restaurant”. A bustling, NY-style steakhouse experience featuring expertly broiled USDA aged beef, live Maine lobster & colossal shrimp. Offering an extensive- well priced wine list, private event spaces, large party seating & seasonal patio dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)romantic (28)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Nothing to really rave about.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014No real criticism of this restaurant except we were not thrilled with the seating despite other open tables away from the foot traffic. This is our 2nd visit to this restaurant in the 6 years living near it. Due to the price tag, we can only afford to come here on very special occasions. Otherwise, this is a place for people who know Morton's or The Palm from the other big cities.Special Features:
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Just ok the wait staff are very rough seems like they were hired from Denny'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kshawDined on 9/6/2014This was my second time eating at Chophouse 47, and it may be my last. There are better options in town. The steaks are very good, and they claim to use only prime beef, but they are very expensive, relatively speaking. The biggest disappointment was the sides. Supposed to be portions large enough to share, but for $10 we received 8 asparagus spears, and we're not talking big spears either. More than $1 per spear is a bit outrageous! Plus, they were overcooked. Finally, it is clear from the menu that they don't make any attempt to cater to children (despite there being several tables with children). How hard would it be to put a cheeseburger on the menu? I shouldn't have to order a $40 steak for my 9 year old daughter.Special Features:
- Great Service, Great SteaksTastyJakeDined on 9/6/2014Service was excellent. Very attentive, warm and friendly. Steaks and sides were prepared well and tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Menu & Service!BlueRidgeBootleggerDined on 8/30/2014We select Chophouse 47 when entertaining guests. Always a "Home Run"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedDGSsrDined on 8/27/2014Our steaks were over cooked. I was surprised as previous experiences always proved to be excellent. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Chophouse 47 Anniversary DinnerSandPGreenvilleDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I celebrated our 42 wedding anniversary and we decided to try the Chophouse 47. The food was fantastic, our waiter and all the other staff were so thoughtful and attentive. It was a great experience. When we first arrived we went to wait at the bar, the bartender found out it was our anniversary and gave us a glass of champagne, it was very kind of her and made us feel very special – one again a great customer experience.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner at Chophouse 47OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014While the food and service were very good, they did not do anything special for birthdays, i.e. piece of cake, free desert, etc. We also had a 6 and 9 year old along with us which was very challenging as they do not have a kids menu or even items on their main menu that a kid would enjoy (i.e. steakburger or side order of southern macaroni cheese). We tried to piece together some side items for them but I would never go back there with kids along. I would not recommend the following side items: onion rings or steak fries. Very expensive without any additional nice touches included. If you are looking for a great date night place, it's perfect. I would not recommend it for a high class family celebration.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOUGH STEAKJCDCDined on 8/23/2014I ORDERED THE PRIME 16 OZ. STRIP STEAK AND MY WIFE ORDERED THE PRIME PETITE FILET. THIS DINNER WAS CELEBRATING MY WIFE'S 65TH BIRTHDAY. HER STEAK WAS EXCELLENT BUT I FELT LIKE I HAD BEEN TO THE GYM FOR A WORKOUT AFTER CHEWING THE 16 OZS. OF LEATHER. THE STEAK DID HAVE A GOOD FLAVOR BUT WAS ONE OF THE TOUGHEST STEAKS I HAVE HAD. I RATE THE QUALITY OF THE STRIP STEAK LESS THAN WHAT I HAVE HAD AT THE STEAKHOUSES THAT LET YOU THROW PEANUT HULLS ON THE FLOOR. THIS PRIME STRIP STEAK DROPPED MY RATING OF THE QUALITY OF FOOD FROM OUTSTANDING, MY WIFE'S FILET, TO FAIR.Special Features:
- Great steaks!SmithandWollenskyDined on 8/11/2014Chophouse 47 is the most like a New York steakhouse in the area. Great food, wine and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parents 50th AnniversaryDCHallDined on 8/8/2014We had a family dinner for our parents at CH47 for their 50th Anniversary. Thank you to all the staff for making this a memorable occasion for them. Service was great and very professional, and the food was as expected, awesome. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the Best!!!ColumbiaChickDined on 8/8/2014We have been coming to 'our place' since 2003 and it is always consistently excellent. It is our special place when we want the very best. The wait staff is professional and friendly and the food is outstanding. Anyone wanting to impress or just simply celebrate should definitely check out this restaurant. You will never be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDisappointedDined on 8/4/2014This was our 35th anniversary dinner. The food and atmosphere were great but have had better attention toward a special occasion. We had requested a special table. It was evident no thought had been put into the seating. The anniversary dessert plate we ordered had a candle, most fine dining restaurants we have been to on special occasions, the plate has been decorated with chocolate, etc. sauce with writing for your special day. I do not mean to sound petty, but it was evident that they do not go out of their way for a special occasion. They evidently have cigars at bar area. When you open entrance door you smell stale smoke. Throughout dinner you get a whiff because the wall between bar and tables are open shelves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent as always, however we have picked up a trend the last several times that the service can often feel more turn and burn. The servers rush through their introduction, and never gave us a chance to look at the wine list. A recommendation would have been great! The same with dessert service. I only get an after dinner drink if the server offers, as it lets me know if they care for us to stay. Nothing was offered. Pace of meals was also very rushed as the assistants were rushing to get to the next course, attempting to pick up the men's plates before the women were finished. They also dropped silverware on the floor in rushing to clear. Wish they would change their specials up every so often as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob RBobRDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I have visited this restaurant many times and have never been disappointed. I've entertained customers, many of which were from large cities and they felt the same way. The Steaks are great my favor is the bone in Rib Eye 22oz. and the Sea Bass is second to none. Those of you that are lobster fans they have them up to 5.5 lb. I'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- Great dinnerbob123Dined on 7/26/2014Service was excellent, everything ordered was done exactly as requested...just great quality, not rushed, steak was superb...really nice special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every dimeCrawDined on 7/26/2014I waited for 2yrs to make a trip to Greenville for an overnighter. We made reservations at the Chophouse and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere, food and our waitress were all top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chophouse 47 -- great all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014Chophouse 47 is a great restaurant for a special occasion. We went for our anniversary and it did not disappoint. The steaks are cooked Pittsburgh style with a charred edge, and are so tender. Just a great all around dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marstelesDined on 7/19/2014The bartenders were very friendly and attentive. The dining room was quiet during our visit. The service was timely and the server was very informative and courteous. My steak was perfect. My wife's fish, the trout, was disappointing and she did not eat much. Did not expect it deep-fried, should be sautéed. The server offered something else but it was too late. Finally, I believe the sides are very overpriced, even though they are large enough to share. The salads and appetizers selections were limited. Overall, the food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took the Father in Law outRyanFamilyDined on 7/19/2014We took him there last father's day and he loved it. We wanted to do something nice so we surprised him. As always it went over as well as anything could. the food was great, the service was great, not too crowded so it was comfortable. Our waitress was as competent as she was enchanting and between her and the busboys (and other servers that came by as they work in a team), not a thing went overlooked. Most importantly, they get it here - they do their thing, attending to details without constantly interrupting which is so rare today. They just make sure everything is handled perfectly and blend in the background never interrupting. It's always a great experience (and really cute waitresses don't hurt ;-))Special Features:
- Superb Steaks, etc.GeneDined on 7/17/2014Our group of four had the 16 oz. prime NY Strip, the Triple Cut Lamb Chops and the Crab Cakes.....all were absolutely superb. It isn't the type of restaurant that would draw us on a weekly basis...simply because we tend to eat lighter...but for our visiting son's birthday it was absolutely excellent and we'll go again. By the glass the Franciscan Estate chardonnay was very, very nice. Others had martinis, etc. all of which were very good. Plus, the service was perfect.Special Features:
- Always greatKcheck57Dined on 7/14/2014Great food, service, ambience. One of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great steak!2finedinningDined on 7/14/2014My wife and I enjoyed our romantic dinner here it was just great ambience, service, and food! Let's just say I have had some good steaks but this was one of the very best steaks I have had...cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Our initial waiter was rude and unprofessional He was replace by a waitress who provided outstanding service Our clothes smell of cigar smoke, so next time we will be sure to asked for dining room farthest from the Bar. Steaks were excellent as alwaysSpecial Features:
- Spoiled AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014The food was the biggest disappointment . My Manhattan came with a little too much bitters. One steak had to be sent back as it was overdone. When returned, it was very salty tasting, and I did not finish it, as my partner was done. The chop salad was OK, but certainly not high standard or memorable. The biggest shock was when our booth table had a woman smoking next to it in the bar area , and I could smell her smoke. The waiter explained it was an age old tradition to smoke in the bar. The service was very very good. I wish we had gone to their competition for such a pricey meal.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014This is our anniversary date place. Great service and fantastic food. Little to dark for my taste. Needs a little more lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Highest QualityVinnyBDined on 6/23/2014This establishment out does it self with high quality steaks and fish. The service team they have is professional and makes you feel at home. They pay attention to all the details. I cant get enough of Chophouse 47.Special Features:
- Not so Special FoodQualityOverQuantityDined on 5/27/2014My family dines at Chophouse 47 a couple of times a year for special occasions. We recently were disappointed with the the quality of the steaks. They were not prepared (per the menu) ... broiled to "... produce just the right amount of carmelization to optimize flavor. " The outside of the meat was not broiled as in all previous visits. It was an expensive meal to have an average experience. I wish we had gone somewhere else. Our waiter was attentive, but not very experienced.Special Features:
- bmoore100Dined on 5/26/2014the quality of food and service was exceptional - I had guest from Europe that were overwhelmed by the attentiveness displayed by the serving staff. truly a world class experience!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerTomSCDined on 5/24/2014We have made several trips from Rock Hill SC to Chophouse 47. It is our favorite restaurant to celebrate a special event. Outstanding service, quiet, non-rush environment, and fantastic dinner entriesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaksIlovefoodDined on 5/23/2014Amazing steaks and just all around good food. Sides are delicious and chocolate cake is huge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealaodsifunDined on 5/23/2014The food and service is always stellar at the Chophouse. Steaks were cooked properly and the sides were generous. The staff is helpful and educated without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceRVGUYDined on 5/20/2014I have traveled the Southeast for years on business and pleasure and this restaurant remains by far my favorite. The service is always top notch and the food is second to none.Special Features:
- The following 442 reviews are from the Chophouse 47 – Steaks & Lobster reviews archive.
- a night outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014easy to find & access........request for a seating accommodation was perfectly handled...........entrees were fine......vegetables were cold.....surprising since there really was no one else there. desert selection mediocre. thought wine prices were outrageous. no, i take that back; beyond outrageous. had been to most places on main st. in greenville. wanted something different that we had not been. did that.....end of the sotrySpecial Features:
- Best Lobster - ServiceSCHawkeyeDined on 5/13/20142 Lb. Lobester well prepared and served at the table. No fuss and no mess!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cramped, harried servers.foodaholicDined on 5/11/2014We took Mom on Mother's day. The servers all seemed harried (even though restaurant was only 1/2 full). None of us had ever eaten at Chophouse 47 (CH), but all agreed that with the prices they ask CANNOT normally have rushed serving staff. We had to ask for beverage refills, and dirty dishes sat on the table for extended periods of time. I suspect CH is competitive with Ruth's Chis. We have been to Ruth's several times and the service was always relaxed and top notch - never had to ask for anything. CH Has too many tables crammed into the space. To go to the bathroom I felt like I was on a plane - had to wait for a server to finish with another table's order THEN for the hostess to seat a table.
- Good environment, poor quality foodFoodie21Dined on 5/6/2014I normally don't write reviews but my husband and I were so disappointed in our experience that I decided to do so. The oyster rock feller and ceasar were delicious. For our entrees he ordered Lobster and I ordered the 12 oz. filet. Good thing I ordered a large steak because after one bite of the lobster, my lobster loving husband didn't take another bite. It was extremely chewy and had no flavor. We are not ones to complain but I expected the server to notice a two pound lobster left on the plate and to ask if something was wrong with it. My husband and I shared my filet which was nothing spectacular either. We were highly disappointed in the quality of the food.Special Features:
- JadoyDined on 5/2/2014Enjoyed the food. Perfect place for conversation. Great ambience.Special Features:
- CelebrateDatingAgainDined on 5/2/2014A great place for a special occasion or for finding an absolutely flawless dining experience. A bit pricey, but well worth the cost - this was hands-down the best meal we've both ever had dining out. The sea bass was perfectly cooked, the NY strip was as well. Seasoning was just right. Portions are large enough that two adults could have split a meal and had plenty. That is especially true of the side items which are actually served in casserole dishes. In fact, I think next time, we'll order one dinner entree and split a meal. That would give us a very high-quality meal with impeccable service at a more competitive price - the best of both worlds!Special Features:
- One my favorite places in GvilleHdhdDined on 4/26/2014I don't think there is a better steakhouse in the upstate. Love the old fashioned feel of the place. Looks like a place Don Draper would eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.