Chez Nous French Restaurant
217 South Avenue G
Humble, TX 77338Neighborhood:
Kingwood / Humble / Atascocita
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Chez Nous French Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cheznousfrenchrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2814466717x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Stacy Simonson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Chez Nous offers a wide variety of options. We cater from Corporate Lunches to Dinner Packages for pick up. Call us for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Gallery room can host up to 40 guests and as little as 12. Our Bar can host up to 16 guests and is perfect for your smaller discreet business meetings or more intimate celebrations.
Our contemporary French cuisine celebrates each season’s finest ingredients. Whether you are planning a simple 3 course menu or an elaborate 6 course feast, Chef Stacy would be delighted to create a custom menu for you and your guests. Our dedicated team looks forward to helping you plan every detail of your event, from custom seasonal menus, wine pairings, flower arrangements, special desserts/cakes and car/limousine services.
Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Simonson 8776251021
- Special Events: Monthly Wine Dinners
Each month we celebrate a different wine region with an area specific three course meal perfectly paired with some of that regions wines. Check at the beginning of each month to see what Chef Stacy is featuring.
A word from Chez Nous French Restaurant
Chez Nous is a modern French Restaurant where traditional French cuisine meets the needs of the American market. Chez Nous is renowned in its new world interpretation of the Parisian Classics. The seasonal menus are prepared by Chef Stacy Simonson and highlight the fine locally produced ingredients served in an elegant yet comfortable setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chez Nous French Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kingwood / Humble / Atascocita ›
Chez Nous French Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (74)romantic (69)neighborhood gem (57)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (41)good for groups (10)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- A must!!quiltercookVIPDined on 10/10/2014We have been frequent and loyal patrons of Chez Nous for over 20 years. The ambiance is not a fluke, the exemplar quality of the food and attentive service is all evidence of the husband/wife owners passion for their craft. She the Chef, and he the manager and wine expert. The specials are always in line with seasonal availabilty, and always creative. The regular menu is full of lucious choices. Their Foie Gras is the best anywhere!! And you must experience their soufflés! I would eat here every week if I could!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2014We have been dining at Chez Nous for 15 years and Monday 10/6/14 was the first time I was disappointed in the food. The wait staff was as attentive as always however the kitchen staff was definitely having an off night. The crab tower appetizer was extremely watery and under seasoned and the vegetables and mashed potatoes that came with the rack of lamb were cold. There were only 5 tables being served while we were there so I am confused as to why the kitchen staff was having a hard time getting what is usually delicious food to the table. Normally we would let the staff know about any issues in real time, but we were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary and did not want to dampen the mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddragonladyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Have dined here many times and have never been disappointment until now. It appeared that the entire wait staff was new and had most assuredly not been trained with the same refinement that Chez Nous wait staff is known for. The most annoying was a very tall, skinny kid (an extra wait staff) RUNNING around the small restaurant ALL night long. Chez Nous has always had waiters who are barely noticeable but quietly sneak in to take care of your every need. Our assigned waiter was pitiful. Had to flag him down to get our order, bread, AND take the dirty dishes. He & the skinny kid kept pacing in front of our table LOOKING at empty bread plates, dirty dishes etc... and NEVER did anything without being asked. Food was NOT the same quality either.Special Features:
- Excellent eveningBusdineDined on 10/3/2014The food, ambiance, and service was impeccable! The atmosphere was relaxing and quiet enough to carry a good conversation while enjoying the cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!greatVIPDined on 10/1/2014This place is outstanding! The food is great and the service is top notch. We went there even though we had just gotten back from France, and it is very much like France. I do wish they just served the bread warm, rather than you having to ask for it. Still, everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Chez Nous DinnerGG01Dined on 9/27/2014Chez Nous is an an excellent French-inspired restaurant in an older house in Humble Texas. The menu has a group of long time standards plus a seasonal group of special fares. Excellent food from Chef Tracey and company. Service is excellent with attentive waiters and management. This is a must-go-to restaurant if you like French cuisine or wish to try.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I both really enjoyed the restaurant and service. It couldn't have been any better. We will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab French food near HoustonWonderWomanVIPDined on 9/27/2014We could have eaten every appetizer on the menu, but it's getting hard to find a crab, avocado, mango tower. And how I love an inspiring soup. Long ago, my first time as a foodie was the pleasant surprise of a cold soup on a hot, summer day. (I'd never before had a soup that was meant to be served cold.) Three in the same bowl is a real treat. Chez Nous triggered fond memories for this connoisseuse of world-class food. The seasonal steak special is delicious. The service is excellent. The dessert cart is exciting. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Spot!OuttaTownerDined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful, slow tempo dinner at Chez Nous. It is not our first time there and it has never disappointed. Be sure to get the souffle for dessert, either one or the trio. Chateaubriand didn't disappoint either. We have always had good means and attentive service.Special Features:
- mealhoundDined on 9/27/2014extremely welcoming. friendly without being cloying. diner is thankfully spared the names of the waitstaff. food is the central reason to dine here. regular menu is great, specials are often over the top good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteBeyondtheloopDined on 9/20/2014always great food and wine. Seasonal flavors infused in many of the dishes makes dining here a tasteful treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Always has excellent food and impeccable service in a quiet, charming venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30 years and still fabulous!RileyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful dinner, as always. Very special dining experience, with outstanding food, impeccable service, in a cozy, inviting setting. Our favorite restaurant! Chez Nous is celebrating their 30th year of offering fine dining, and is as special and delicious as ever. Fresh and innovative French inspired menu items, skillfully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The best dinning experience. The guest is attended to from the time you walk in. Impeccable service, elegant atmosphere and food that will bring your tastebuds to life. Top awards to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary experienceFafa10Dined on 9/16/2014My wife and I had our one year anniversary and had heard this was a great spot to go for something that unique! It started off a little awkward with the waitress not introducing us to her name. I didn't know what to call her all night. But soon after that she brought the wine list, dinner menu; she presented everything quite well. Food was amazing, I had the "Bistro fillet" which I recommend and she had the duck. Quite possibly the best duck dish all around I've ever tried. goat cheese salad was amazing while she (my significant other) had the vanilla bean vin. Which were incredible. For dessert, they went a step further and gave us complimentary sparkling wine and wrote happy anniversary on our dessert. It was quite the incredible night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!ilovegoodfoodDined on 9/15/2014I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone involved in making our dining experience memorable. Special thanks to Dave for his assistance. My son and I thoroughly enjoyed the Chef's table d'hote. All the courses including wine pairings were delicious. The Chef is outstanding! The waitstaff was very attentive, but not overbearing. Amazing dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in the NeighborhoodFun4MeDined on 9/15/2014A charming little house set in a seemly safe neighborhood about 15 minutes from the Marriott Hotel at the George Bush International Airport in the town of Humble ... it's a wonderful find that's been there for 30 years ... very friendly and accommodating service ... cute atmosphere ... a great place to go between International flights or if you've just landed and are hungry for some authentic French-style food ... the appetizers were excellent: Crab Tower and French Onion Soup ... the Main Course: Scallops and the Rack of Lamb (a bit over cooked for my taste but they offered to cook another one and ended up not charging for it ... very classy) ... I'd return again for sure.Special Features:
- AwesomeLexusSnobDined on 9/15/2014This diamond in the rough is a wonderful place to dine, food was excellent, service was very professional and never had to wait. Atmosphere is wonderful, my Wife loved it. Look forward to coming back soonSpecial Features:
- Perfect for B-day Dinners!suzelin6Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, ambiance, and service! Perfect for birthday and anniversary dinners!Special Features:
- Food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Private party in the back with small children. The children were loud. It was fine after they left. The food and service more than made up for it. I will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detail2WonderfulDined on 9/13/2014This was my first visit. I was impressed with the awesome food and impeccable professionalism. One thing that was quite notable was the attention to detail. I was treated as a very special guest (even though I was alone).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the best French restaurantsabelsDined on 9/12/2014I've traveled around Europe from west to east and back. The French really know how to make food not only taste good, but an event worth remembering. Having eaten at French restaurants in the Riviera, I have longed to have that same experience here in the States. Chez Nous definitely has provided my wife and I with those memories. Delicious food, excellent service, and amazing presentation. A gem in Humble Texas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We were celebrating three birthdays and picked Chez Nous for its great food and atmosphere. The rack of lamb was fantastic and my wife's Diver Scallops were great. The service was impeccable and timely. Each dish was a beautiful presentation of its own.We were not rushed at all. At the end of the meal the birthday people were presented with a birthday desert. A nice ending to a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!dragonladyVIPDined on 9/5/2014We've been patronizing Chez Nous for over 15 years (they've been open 30 with same owner!) and have NEVER had a bad experience, which is saying A LOT in this day and age of turnovers of management in the restaurant industry. They pay attention to the smallest of details. We took a small group on Friday night and they prepared a beautiful table for us in the bar area which is incredibly romantic, warm and inviting with the overstuffed sofa, comfy chairs and a beautiful old bar feeling. Fresh roses were on the table and the room dimly lit. Truly, I challenge anyone, any where in the world, to find more outstanding service! The blue crab/mango tower, heirloom tomato salad, shrimp Provencal & rasp/passion fruit souffle AMAZING!!! FAB wines too!Special Features:
- Our favorite special occasion placeEnjoyTheExperienceDined on 8/30/2014We drive an hour to small, quaint restaurant in small Humble residential area for our anniversary every year. It's French country ambience makes us feel like we are back in Paris, where we were engaged. Escargot, foi gras, duck entree and crab tower are fantastic and memorable compared to other Restaurants. Be sure to pre-order the soufflé when you make reservation. The owners are a married couple, and so friendly. The servers are all attentive and make you feel special. Wine list never fails. We continue to taste new wines until we find the one that's just right. We simply love Chez Nous and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarmenDined on 8/22/2014Our dinning experience at Chez Nous was very pleasant. The place is very appropriate to enjoyment of a special meal. The food was outstanding as usual, the wine and the service were above average of what we get in other restaurants. The surprise of the night was that we were overcharged by $87.18!!! Since we were celebrating my birthday, my friend paid the bill and felt it would not be appropriate to complain about the overcharge. I found out of the overcharge after and fact and I would like to believe this was an honest mistake.Special Features:
- Perfectly elegant, as always!RileyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Another superb Friday evening: impeccable service and food, lovely atmosphere. Truly a gem!Special Features:
- Chez NousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Wonderful, highly recommend Chez Nous for excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and service.CircleKDined on 8/16/2014If you enjoy fine dining, delicious food and great service in a charming setting, then this restaurant is for you. I drove over from Montgomery County to this little house in Humble and it was definitely worth the trip. This is my new favorite restaurant. I loved the way the wait staff were so kind and attentive, from the minute I walked in the door til the minute I left. I call special attention to the staff because I think it's unusual to have such good staff. At my table we ordered smoked salmon and a stacked Atlantic crab appetizer to start, then the duck and scallops. It was decadent. We shared the chocolate brownie dessert. For those who enjoy a quiet meal, this restaurant isn't noisy. It's instead cozy. Don't miss this wonderful spotSpecial Features:
- Great FoodlikegreatfoodDined on 8/15/2014Chez Nous has a very good menu and the attention to detail from the chef and wait staff can't be beat. A very good restaurant for that special occasion for a loved one. Not cheap but great food usually isn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingmgray121Dined on 8/14/2014It just doesn't get better than Chez nous. If you live in Houston and haven't been here yet - why not?? Absolutely amazing food (that is always cooked perfectly) and impeccable (yet unobtrusive) service are just two of the reasons to patron this gem. Do yourself a favor and make a reservation immediately!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/11/2014Chez nous is an incredibly romantic little gem The food is always delicious, the service great and unobtrusive and the ambiance perfect for couples who want time aloneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoulouDined on 8/7/2014We live in Humble and go to Chez Nous on a regular basis. Never have been disappointed, always great food and service. Highly recommend this outstanding restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dmen1969Dined on 8/2/2014Very pleasant experience. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Humble-Kingwood rest.OpenTableTexDined on 8/1/2014We have never been disappointed and make a point of dining here for special occasions. We are not big 'foodies', but recognize the unique combination of menu item variety and execution, very attentive, but not over-bearing service, the opportunity to linger through a wonderful meal and enjoy the conversation of those we are dining with. Normally would have given the food 5*, but settled for Very Good as I didn't believe a couple of the 'had them before' dishes fully lived up to prior memory of them from an earlier time ordering them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple yet elegantnvr2L8Dined on 7/26/2014Chez Nous get's it! It's really all about the food. Subtle but distinctive flavors, nothing overpowers, just enough depth to illicit an overpowering desire to continue and perfect portions. Staff is there at the right time and invisible when you don't need them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service,DamonDined on 7/26/2014We really enjoyed our visit to Chez Nous. The food was superb. Our waiter, Jay, was very attentive. The staff really worked hard to make it special. I highly recommend this restaurant, and the blue crab tower!Special Features:
- Humbles' Hidden GemLiteratureFan2Dined on 7/26/2014I found this restaurant completely by accident. I was searching for a home in the area to purchase. Chez Nous is a restaurant that was converted from an old church. Not much in the way of parking which is probably the reason for reserved seating. Please do not let the surroundings find you, this is not a Sleepy Hollow environment! Once inside you will quickly notice the efficiency and organization of the restaurant. Eating here was a first to me and I lived in Humble for 15 years. Do not expect Texas portions here but do expect to be fantastically full by the time you leave. From the wines to dessert, I loved it all. I will certainly be back, just need to find someone to attend with me so I can knock their socks off like Chez Nous did mine!Special Features:
- Why did I wait so long?MattInHoustonDined on 7/23/2014Chez Nous was an amazing experience. The service was top notch and the food was fresh and prepared to perfection. Considering I only live 10 minutes away from this hidden gem, my only regret is that I didn't find it sooner. Highly recommend, and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Beyond ExpectationsGreatFoodLoverDined on 7/12/2014We go to Chez Nous when we are craving wonderful French food & wine. They make celebrations so special. This celebration of our 40th anniversary was amazing. The Muscovy Duckling was truly a treat--so tender, so full of flavors. The salmon of the day was fresh, delicious and had an incredible sauce. No one can beat Chef Stacy's souffles: Chocolate, Grand Marnier, and Passion Fruit-Raspberry. Here's how outstanding Chef Stacy and her staff are: the power on the block went out while we dined. The staff carried on in the hot kitchen wearing headlamps. Though told we couldn't have the chocolate peanut butter beignets we ordered because the fryer was out, chef turned MacGyver and surprised us with warm chocolate balls filled with molten ecstasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.