3408 West End Avenue
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chateauwestrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6154322622x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00am
Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Alain Treville
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
A word from Chateau West
Chateau West Restaurant serves French-American Cuisine. This unique building is designed like a French Chateau. Chateau West has an intimate dining room with 25 tables. Reservations are taken any time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chateau West reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (54)neighborhood gem (54)special occasion (53)fit for foodies (52)great for lunch (32)great for brunch (24)notable wine list (22)good for groups (21)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good but also disappointingShar1123Dined on 9/14/2014Overall, this restaurant is TOPS. Just this past time, our steak was not only done but OVERDONE - medium well - and we ordered it medium rare. Restaurant did try to rectify but we were in a time crunch and had to leave so we got free dessert, which was heavenly. Can't go wrong with this local gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time will be last timeJes0918Dined on 9/13/2014Great job on the remodel of this former sushi place. However, the service was beyond bad. Sat for a while waiting for someone to take our order. Took forever to get our food. ANd then it took three tries to get the bill right. We asked for the bill to be evenly split among 2 parties. 15 minutes later, no bill. Had to walk around to find waiter to get bill and it was wrong. Really?? not rocket science to split in half. Next round was also wrong. Plus it took three people and was still wrong. Ended up taking 3 hours for a meal that was not worth it. Had high hopes but was very disappointed.
- Good neighborhood FrenchJeffDined on 9/11/2014Chateau West has excellent French food and reasonable prices. The decor is a little lower key than you might expect, but in keeping with the reasonable prices. Service is attentive and friendly and the desserts are delicious. JeffI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal before the showGeneVIPDined on 9/11/2014This was our second visit to Chateau West. The fondue, onion soup, and lamb chops were delicious. The service was friendly and efficient. Parking is easy. I would eat here more often if it were closer to my home.Special Features:
- Not worth a second chanceBenedict615VIPDined on 9/7/2014First impressions were not good. The building is awkwardly located between 2 gas stations. My husband and I went for lunch on a Sunday, and the place was practically empty. There were only 2 other tables with customers during our whole lunch. The menu was reasonably priced, but the decor was too upscale for the menu (white table clothes, water goblets, etc), and the atmosphere was too quiet. I ordered the safest thing on the menu, the Croque Monsier, and I was disappointed. The ham was a bizarre color of grey, and I could barely stomach it. Granted, I'm comparing it to the authentic Croque Monsiers I had in Paris, so that's probably unfair.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014It was very nice, with great ambiance and the service was outstanding. The food was very good as well, but could use a little larger selection or more varied specials. We ate there on a Thursday night, so not one of the busier times, but would recommend this to friends.Special Features:
- Excellent French CuisineDinedivine4Dined on 9/3/2014Wonderful manager, staff and delicious food!! Foie Gras Terrine was outstanding. Sea bass and scallop dishes were perfectly balanced. Creme brûlée was just right to finish a lovely meal. Can't wait to come back for more :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Happened?MagiVIPDined on 9/1/2014We went to Chateau West for my son's 18th birthday. We had been there twice before and it had been wonderful although the service was never great, just ok. Sunday night was disappointing to say the least. Our server was the only one there that night and he was also tending bar. We had to get the host to take our appetizer orders. There were maybe 5 other tables filled and it was weirdly empty. The food was fine, but not great, My son said it was "boring". I hope we were there on an off night because it's a great place that's only 4 blocks from our house. Please get back up to par!Special Features:
- Great experienceShar1123Dined on 8/31/2014Since this was my first time dining at Chateau West, I didn't know what to expect. I bought a Scene Deal, and boy was it the best purchase I've made in a long time. Ambiance great, service wonderful, food divine. Will be back to this local eatery very, very soon. A gem in the rough and right in my backyard. Wish I'd known about this place months ago!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great PlacewannabefoodieDined on 8/28/2014Four of us had lunch at Chateau West. It was a new place for most of us and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The hostess and server greeted us immediately and were very personable and positive. That set a great tone for our time there. The server made recommendations about the wine list and explained the menu items. All the food we ordered was delicious. We will definitely dine there again and will recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chateau WestRosieVIPDined on 8/26/2014For starters, we enjoyed the Foie Gras Terrine & Charcuterie and Cheese. Our group had the French Onion Soup, Duck Chambord, Boeuf Bourguignon and Lamb Chops. All were wonderful. Also enjoyed sides of Zucchini Gratin, Tomatoes a la Provencale and Pomme Frites et Tarragon Aioli. Everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two for two!SylvanParkistaDined on 8/25/2014Monday was the SECOND special occasion where this gem shone for us. The first was Valentine's Day, shortly after they opened, and for our anniversary we eagerly anticipated a repeat performance. We were not disappointed. From the improved ambience (with the new blinds, you would not know you were next to a Mapco - or Delta, or whatever that gas station is called); to the knowledgeable, helpful and friendly service we received from the same waitress who served us last time (her suggestions of the reasonably priced Bordeaux, goat cheese salad, two duck dishes including a yummy smoked special, and plenty-big-enough-for two Profiterole dessert were right on the money for our tastes); to the execution of all dishes, this is now our go-to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience! Clean plates!coolspringersVIPDined on 8/25/2014This is a quaint, cozy restaurant with exceptional service and outstanding food. There were 4 of us and we all loved our dining experience! The atmosphere is inviting and allows for real conversations versus battling music and noise (thank you!). We all had something different: sea bass, mussels, scallops and the crepe of the day - all plates were clean. Even the salads and the green beans were delicious. The wines are moderately priced with a good selection. The menu options are varied enough for a crowd... We'll be back!Special Features:
- Who knew?WhisperedwineDined on 8/18/2014Nashville is beginning to come up a bit in the world of dining. My daughter and I went in order to bring in two dates of celebration - and discovered this little gem - while looking for some place new to experience - when this fell into our proverbial lap. Wonderful food - freindly staff - terrific service - we will absolutely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindvinceDined on 8/17/2014We really enjoy Chateau West. The food is always excellent. Ingredients are fresh and everything tastes like it is prepared right before serving. The restaurant has a quiet charming ambiance with a very homey but upscale feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WalterDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our experience at Chateau West. The service was fast and courteous and the meal arrived very quickly. Her scallops were excellent, my lamb chops were cooked perfectly, but lacked seasoning and were bland. The first bottle of wine I ordered was unavailble, but a good substitute was found. Overall, a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too saltyConnieDined on 8/15/2014Everything was good except duck was too salty. Tables are too closed that can hear everything what people said. But waitress was very nice.Special Features:
- TweedyDined on 8/14/2014We have been there once before and thought the food was wonderful. The menu changed but everyone was pleased. Service was great, And the manager was very attentive.Special Features:
- Superb traditional French diningJooDBurnDined on 8/13/2014We love French food and Chateau West has the best in Nashville, by far. The restaurant is worth the visit for the foie gras alone, better than any you can find within at least 500 miles. The wine list is not extensive, but it includes some excellent wines at reasonable markups. If you want an excellent traditional meal and do not need hip, noisy surroundings, then this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simple but deliciousSansDeuDined on 8/13/2014Our group of 4 went to Chateau West on a Wed evening. Nice atmosphere and very quiet-- great if you like to have dinner conversation. They serve traditional French dishes. Very rich food and large portions. Delicious. I was very skeptical of the fondue appetizers, but tried one (Brie, miel, and truffle oil) and was very pleasantly surprised at how good it was). Not cheap, but not too expensive either. Good and friendly service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food was fabulous, service excellent. We had a fantastic time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food; Beautiful SettingGoodFoodLoverDined on 8/9/2014My husband & I visited this lovely restaurant and enjoyed the beautifully renovated building, the music in the background, the white linen table cloths, the house wine, & several lunch entrees. It was much better than that other French restaurant in Green Hills (aka Table 3!)! We highly recommend Chateau West!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebiDined on 8/4/2014The salmon salad is a deliciously different version of a perfectly grilled piece of salmon on top of a grilled half of a romaine lettuce with roasted red peppers and a light buttermilk dressing.Special Features:
- gray new findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014we were a group of 5--got the front table and it was quiet enough to have a nice conversation without yelling ---service was very good and the food well prepared and tasty --i had the duck and it was deliciousSpecial Features:
- First visit to Chateau WestGeneVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our first visit to Chateau West. The food was delicious and the service was great. We are already planning a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/2/2014This is our third visit. Perfect table, perfect evening. Best lamb in town! Party of 3, we were all really pleased with our dining experience. Will be back!Special Features:
- Great French FoodgolferladyDined on 8/1/2014I love French food and Chateau West had all the French foods that I love. The sea bass was excellent and the Beef Bourgeoun was wonderful. Out of the wine we ordered but suggested a substitute that was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!CCabellMDVIPDined on 7/31/2014This is an awesome establishment with professional and prompt service. Lovely entrees that suit any palate! The duck is incredible! Definately will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experience...LucidGalDined on 7/28/2014For a quiet business lunch or tete-a-tete with a friend, Chateau West is perfect. I had the amberjack over roasted red peppers, and it was delicious and healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- la bonne nourriture et des boissonsJaredBVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great food and drink. This restaurant did not disappoint us. Beginning with a full pot of mussels, Foiegras, and brie and truffle oil fondue starters, french bread, then the beautifully fillet-at-your-table (whole) Sea bass and very tasty duck breast, we were thoroughly satisfied. By the way, the wine prices are reasonable. Deserts looked great, but we were too full from the generous portions. We will definitely come back! Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- A Hidden GemNashvilleNativeDined on 7/21/2014Who would have thought that a lovely French restaurant, reasonably priced, would appear in Nashville sandwiched between a Mapco and a Dairy Queen! Chateau West is that place...simple, elegant menu; quiet; great wine list; friendly, courteous service. What a find!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodTerrysart2VIPDined on 7/19/2014I have been there three times now and it is always good. Like that Dino is the msnager. Have known him at other places over time.Special Features:
- Great first experienceDeltaFoodieDined on 7/18/2014Our service was great. We had a nice conversation prior to dinner with the manager. Everyone was pleasant and supportive. The bar menu is adequate, but needs work. A move toward specialized high quality cocktails would improve the attraction to this restaurant. The food quality is excellent....two in our party had the sea bass, which was prepared well and de-boned at the table. One in party had the filet, again excellent and the other person in our party had the boeuf bourguignon which was best we have had outside of Paris. All desserts had great presentations and were delicious. We will be back.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantNickname55Dined on 7/11/2014Great restaurant BUT Open Table did not get my reservations through. The only bad note I can make is regard to Open Table. Maybe they need to make sure that the restaurant actually gets and/or reads the reservation request.Special Features:
- An Enjoyable EveningLightkeeperVIPDined on 7/10/2014My wife and I entertained out of town guests. The experience could not have been better. The meal from appetizer to dessert was excellent as was the wine recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Comforting as Winston ChurchillSashaDined on 7/10/2014Dinner was so wonderful that I went back the next day for lunch. The menu is classic French, with all that that implies. The food is much richer and heavier than the nouvelle cuisine and farm-to-table fare that are so popular these days - and what a luxurious alternative. It is like maroon velvet drapery compared to a sheer ecru scarf - you may love them both, but only the former makes you feel warm and safe from a cold and unforgiving world. Vive la France!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not fantasticLeviDined on 7/8/2014For the hefty price, there are really several places in West End or East Nashville with better food. I found the beginning salad to be very pedestrian, and the entrees to be a little better but barely more than simple. I did like the inside--looks like a long chalet. Definitely a unique look.Special Features:
- Quaint Fine Diningmarrick312Dined on 7/3/2014Everything was great except for plumbing problems as they fully acknowledged patrons. Hopefully this take care of this issue quickly. Didn't check out wine list, but noticed they had a lot of wine available. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Chateau WestBNAdinerDined on 7/1/2014Pretty restaurant. The waitress was overbearing and a poor listener. The escargot was tough but everything else was quite nice. The menu was not what we had checked out online. A bit disappointing but we might try it again.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceMissyDined on 6/28/2014We had a lovely time. The food was wonderful. The waiter was able to answer all questions, and he was very attentive. We were celebrating my husband's birthday. We will definitely go back.Special Features: