287 Winery Road SW
Floyd, VA 24091Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thedogs.com/
- Phone: 5405932865x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Wed & Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Open Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 9:00 PM. Sunday Brunch is available from Easter through October. Winter hours (Dec-Mar) vary slightly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Sterling Steffens
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Restaurant and Winery offer the perfect facility for gatherings with family and friends or entertaining those important customers who deserve that special attention. Contact us today to start planning your special dinner, corporate event, or wedding.
- Private Party Contact: Misty Tunstall 5405939227x
- Entertainment: From June through October, there is free entertainment on the Winery Courtyard every Sunday. The winery hosts four Black Dog Music Festivals annually featuring nationally known bands. Reservations are highly recommended during these events. Check the website often for special dining events at the restaurant.
- Special Events: Sally Truslow (540)593-9223
A word from Chateau Morrisette
For an experience in quality dining, blissful atmosphere and Southern inspired hospitality, visit our dining room or patio for lunch Wednesday through Sunday, and dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. Our menu offers both diversity and creativity. Food pairings that complement the wine and the culture are the focus at this fine-dining restaurant. A rustic southern elegance theme incorporates the finest regional produce available, fresh seafood from the coastal waters of North Carolina, artisan cheeses, homemade desserts and fresh baked breads. Our quiet surroundings offer a pleasant respite from the daily grind of the city. You could sit close to the fireplace at a candlelit table for two, or lounge with a group of family and friends on the terrace overlooking the blue-green hills of the New River Valley and the mighty Buffalo Mountain. Visit us soon for an experience you will treasure for a lifetime.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Chateau Morrisette - Best Restaurants in Floyd ›
Chateau Morrisette reviews from OpenTable diners
271 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (244)special occasion (181)great for outdoor dining (179)great for lunch (147)notable wine list (143)romantic (135)great for brunch (132)fit for foodies (84)good for groups (83)neighborhood gem (39)kid-friendly (31)hot spot (13)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Great Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014We had a our first visit to Chateau Morrisette for their Sunday Brunch and we very pleased with the great food and the friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Visit for Wine Tasting/DinnerUVAParentsVIPDined on 9/12/2014Beautiful scenery and view at in this chateau style winery. Stay overnight in Floyd, VA or local hotels. Wine tasting a must. Sturdy and reasonably priced wines. Nice dinner with scenic view of mountains at sunset. 2012 Chambourcin Reserve a great buy.Special Features:
- Good for general areaBoonefoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food was average, but in this area of Virginia , it is one of the few fine dining restaurants. The chateau is beautiful abut the restaurant is oddly very stark inside. I'm told the outdoor views are fabulous, but the fog was so thick when we were there that we couldn't see a thing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and viewMartinR4961Dined on 9/7/2014The restaurant was open for lunch on Sunday. Found it was buffet only and not a la carte. No where for the price to be shown at $24.95 for lunch buffet. The food in general was ok. The roast beef was not the traditional rib roast but a shoulder roast. There were the traditional cat fish, chicken in sauce, some pasta dishes and vegetables. Nothing very imaginative. The desserts were horribly sweet and the only exception was the blackberry crumble which was good. Tried a bottle of wine for the four of us. Service was slow and found we had to several times try to catch the eye of the waiter. I found it a bit difficult when the waiter was trying to clear my plate when I had a mouthful or two to go. Whole meal came to $150 including tip.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealgrillmasterDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated our friends birthday with a trip to the winery and restaurant . Dinner was wonderful which started with the best fried green tomatoes I have ever had. The strawberry and arugula salad was delicious and very creative followed by a butter tender Filet which was cooked to perfection. The stuffed salmon was equally flavorful and delicious. The entire wait and bar staff could not have been more friendly and attentive. Be sure to enjoy a wine cocktail on the veranda as you take in the mountain views.Special Features:
- Great place to goBillybenderDined on 9/6/2014We had lunch there with friends last Saturday and as usual, the service and food was excellent. I've been there many, many times and never dissatisfied with any part of the restaurant. I recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, weak serviceDmoney2323Dined on 9/1/2014My fiancé and I visited Chateau morrisette for Labor Day. We enjoyed a wine tasting and then went to the restaurant for lunch. They were out of duck which was a disappointment. We asked the server about the meat and cheese platter but he did not kno what was on it so we didnt get it. Our first course was delicious but the main course did not come out for 45 minutes. The manager comped some wine which made it better but we did not have as good of a time as we expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SensitivitySensitivityDined on 8/31/2014My wife is glutten free. When we were seated, one of the first things we were asked was about her sensitivity. Then the server let he know all of the items on the buffet which were glutten free. Generally, we have to ask, but this time as we had indicated her sensitivity on the reservation, the group was prepared. We had a delightful server, Kristi, who made the afternoon a great one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch!45milessouthofAvilleDined on 8/31/2014Excellent brunch buffet and outstanding service, set in a wonderful out of the way Blue Ridge Parkway mountain location.Special Features:
- Over bookedLatedontgetitDined on 8/31/2014Reservation was overbooked we had a reservation for 1:15 pm did not get seated until1:50 pm and only after we approached the hostess several times . There were several empty tables when we did get seated for our lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- freindsDined on 8/31/2014We have been coming to the with guests for years and love the food and wines. However, this weeks brunch was a disappointment. Maybe because we had a later time but the food was hard (potatoes), cold, (catfish) and the desserts had no flavor (key lime squares & pecan pie).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Reservation ServiceColorVirginiaDined on 8/31/2014I made a reservation for brunch on a Sunday in plenty of time for the restaurant to accommodate my daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter and me but when we arrived we were told we had a 20 minute wait which actually turned into a 30 minute wait and could have been longer if my son-in-law had not insisted that we be seated. We were supposed to be seated on the outside deck and there were plenty of spaces but they put us in a corner of the dining room. After waiting for so long we excepted our fate. While the food and, of course, the wine were excellent I was very disappointed at the seating service. I will think twice before returning for brunch or even dinner at Château Morrisette.Special Features:
- relaxingMissyDined on 8/31/2014The food was delicious and the view is beautiful. Will go back again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not go for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Sunday Brunch at Chateau Morrisette was a HUGE disapointment, the Roast Beef, Ham and most of the buffet items were cold. Very limited selection on the buffet, no pastries or muffins to at the Omelet Bar, no regular potatoes to go with the Roast Beef or Ham. Not worth the $25 per person. We do enjoy dining at Chateau Morrisette but do not recommend the Sunday Brunch. The views are spectacular thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just dinnerag4637Dined on 8/30/2014Initially my husband and I were not happy with the service we received as we had made reservations and were told upon arrival that it could be up to a 30 min wait. Fortunately, we were seated about 5 minutes later. To our surprise and delight, we had the same server as we had the previous visit, Nicky Taylor. I believe Nicky is an asset to this restaurant as she is knowledgeable and truthful. Her friendly demeanor and welcoming attitude immediately put you at ease and make you feel welcome. I hope she is our server every time! I recommend this restaurant to everyone I can. The chef is creative and the flavors he puts together are truly mouth-watering and amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cnd1212Dined on 8/30/2014The scenery was absolutely beautiful....great place for a special event. The staff were friendly and helpful and very efficient. We would highly recommend a visit to the winery and restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfullovegoodfood12Dined on 8/30/2014We had wonderful service, food, and wait staff! The food was delicious from appetizers, to main course, to dessert and it was appropriately priced. Great view! I would definitely recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Gem in the mountainsMountainMamaDined on 8/30/2014We have dined here many times, and we are never disappointed. The menu changes with the seasons, and the veggies and herbs are fresh from the garden on the premises. We always take our friends who have not experienced Chateau Morrisette, and they are blown away with the mountain setting, the quality of the food, and the extensive wine list straight from the winery on the grounds. Love being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite spotAlfa9812Dined on 8/30/2014We love this place! The food, scenery, wait staff and outdoor beauty with many activities makes it a special treat for us.Special Features:
- one entree - excellent; one not soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014two entrees: the shrimp & grits were absolutely wonderful. The salmon dish lacked any salt - flavors were very subdued. Dessert of banana pudding creme brulee was the most disappointing. The color was reminiscent of banana peel rather than any flavor; and texture was pasty; it was not the great ending to our meal as I had hoped for. Earlier in the summer at a lunch, I had a creme brulee served in an espresso cup and topped with a blueberry foam (if I remember correctly) and it was fantastic! I was hoping for a similar experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ChateauCarmen1956Dined on 8/24/2014While working in Martinsville, VA I was given the opportunity to have brunch at the Chateau Morrisette. This is a beautiful setting in the Blue Ridge Mountains off the Parkway. Coming from Washington State were we have several winerys and chateaus this was a refreshing to see such a nice place in Virginia. The food was excellent, the wine tasting was fine, a bit pricy for what is offered. ) Most Washington Winerys are free for tasting. Was able to bring one wine home.Special Features:
- Absolutely great!BobPDined on 8/24/2014The Chateau is a place to be experienced thoroughly. The food is both delicious and creative, and the entire staff has always been welcoming, warm, and friendly. The winery provides both excellent wines and a delightful experience to all visitors. This is one of our very favorite places!Special Features:
- Sharon NewberneNew54Dined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant for celebrating special occasions. Highly recommend the half chicken and scallops. Cooked to perfection. A bit disappointed with the creme brulee. The chief prepared it with bananas. Told the server that we did not enjoy it. She was nice enough to remove it from the bill. Wait staff very friendly. Wine excellent. Will go back again for our 30th next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shocked & DisappointedFredinFernandinaDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I have dined here several times over the past couple of years and always found the food exceptional. What has happened, our lunch today was extremely disappointing. I had the pork tenderloin which was dry and tough. It was accompanied by two fried tomato's which tasted like cardboard, the rice was dry, cold and bland but the greens were very good. My wife had Primavera with chicken which was dry, tasteless and inedible. It was returned to the kitchen and additional prep work only made it taste like fish. She finally opted for a ceasar salad which was fair at best. I doubt we'll return.Special Features:
- Always a great time!JennyDined on 8/23/2014I have dined here many times with my family and it's always a hit! This time I took my parents, my sister and her husband, they all had never been! They loved it! The food was wonderful as usual, not to mention the awesome wines! The views are spectactular too! We were not rushed through the meal, it was very nice and relaxing! Enjoy!Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch at Chateau MorrisetteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014The Sunday Brunch at Chateau Morrisette is quite good. There is a wide variety of food which is all prepared quite well. One person in our group was a vegetarian and there was plenty of food for her to eat. We arrived 30 minutes after our reservation and they were still able to seat us. There is music on the lawn on Sunday afternoons and the wine tasting was done well. This was a great Sunday afternoon activity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingpatrDined on 8/17/2014The food was outstanding. My only criticism would be for one station in the Sunday brunch. One station was manned by one server who was responsible for omelets, carved prime rib and ham and fried pancakes. There was always an extended line with a several minute wait. She had three omelet pans going at the same time while she carved the prime rib and ham. She also was watching a griddle frying pancakes. Several other staffers watched her but offered no relief. It made the dining experience less enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great food, uneven serviceLoveeatingoutDined on 8/16/2014Lovely space, delicious food (don't miss the shrimp and grits!), but our server went missing for about 30 minutes after our order was taken. Our appetizers and dinners were served by others which was totally fine. However, we were the only table not to be served bread... no one asked if any of our food was ok... no one asked if we'd like more wine... This is such a great place, and we would recommend. Had we felt more "cared for", we would have given the highest ratings possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Great meal, outstanding customer service. The meals have always been the greatest, when you add the personal touch it is just outstanding.Special Features:
- an old friend10thannDined on 8/16/2014we have been going back here on our anniversary for over 10 years, it's like visiting an old, dear friend. we had a mishap, or two, but our server more than made up for that, she was delightful and very sweet. We left her a BIG tip,Special Features:
- HuntDined on 8/16/2014the only thing that would have been better would have been if we had a table on the deck. I made a note that we wanted it special when I booked. We arrived at 630 and was seated at 645 in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not better than chain restarauntHungryHokieDined on 8/16/2014Did not honor reservation. Had to wait about a half hour. Wait staff was about average. Food was mediocre. For example, glazed carrots were the little tasteless milled carrots you get in a big bag at Walmart. Shrimp and grits was pretty good. Caesar salad was pretty good too, but no better than chain restaraunt.Special Features:
- ..............aaaa112Dined on 8/16/2014......................................................................................Special Features:
- August 16 at CM for lunchJoeandMaryDined on 8/16/2014Food was different from previous trips to Chateau Morrisette. The shrimp in the shrimp and grits were small and few in quantity. The smoked chicken was too salty. However, the sauces and accompanying side dishes were very good. The view, service, wine, and ambience were excellent. However, the two small children at a nearby table were a distraction. We did not expect a McDonald's experience at CM. Our waitress, Toni, had a very good sense of timing. She knew when to allow more time in deciding on our selections, but was prompt at the right timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Wine, Great ViewsDanCVMI93Dined on 8/15/2014I was blown away by the entire trip. The food was fantastic, we ate both dinner and lunch there; both meals were 5 stars. The wine tasting at the winery was great and the entire time you feel as though you are at the top of the world with gorgeous views of the mountains and valleys. The best part was their dog friendly policy - It allowed us to take our two on the trip with us. They had as much fun as we did. We will definitely make the trip again!Special Features:
- AlexDined on 8/15/2014Great service and a magnificent atmosphere, but the unavailability of organic food was a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SpecialMikeBethDined on 8/15/2014Excellent choice for our 33rd Anniversary. Small crowd but great service and excellent food. The staff was very accommodating including the flexibility to cook gluten free. Definitely have to plan to find this place due to location, but well worth the effort. We plan on coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to beatenjoyinglifeDined on 8/15/2014This was our 3rd visit to this wonderful restaurant. We have now had lunch, dinner and brunch, all were excellent. The choices of menu items , the service , the incredible view, the value are all great. It's impossible to beat his combination. We will return as soon as we are in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyDined on 8/15/2014Food was outstanding. Wine pairings were perfect. I'll be back when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Winery RestaurantLuvWineDined on 8/15/2014Food, wine and service is always outstanding! Beautiful setting on Blue Ridge Parkway, a real gem! One of our favorite spots for a nice relaxing lunch or dinner.Special Features: