287 Winery Road SW
Floyd, VA 24091Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thedogs.com/
- Phone: 5405932865x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Wed & Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Open Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 9:00 PM. Sunday Brunch is available from Easter through October. Winter hours (Dec-Mar) vary slightly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Sterling Steffens
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available. Please contact Sally Truslow at email@example.com or 540-593-9223
- Private Party Facilities: Our Restaurant and Winery offer the perfect facility for gatherings with family and friends or entertaining those important customers who deserve that special attention. Contact us today to start planning your special dinner, corporate event, or wedding. For larger parties, weddings, etc..., please contact our special events manager, Sally Truslow at 540-593-9223 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Kristin Short (parties of 20 or less) 5405939236x
- Entertainment: From June through October, there is free entertainment on the Winery Courtyard every Sunday. The winery hosts four Black Dog Music Festivals annually featuring nationally known bands. Reservations are highly recommended during these events. Check the website often for special dining events at the restaurant.
- Special Events: Sally Truslow (540)593-9223; email@example.com
A word from Chateau Morrisette
For an experience in quality dining, blissful atmosphere and Southern inspired hospitality, visit our dining room or patio for lunch Wednesday through Sunday, and dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. Our menu offers both diversity and creativity. Food pairings that complement the wine and the culture are the focus at this fine-dining restaurant. A rustic southern elegance theme incorporates the finest regional produce available, fresh seafood from the coastal waters of North Carolina, artisan cheeses, homemade desserts and fresh baked breads. Our quiet surroundings offer a pleasant respite from the daily grind of the city. You could sit close to the fireplace at a candlelit table for two, or lounge with a group of family and friends on the terrace overlooking the blue-green hills of the New River Valley and the mighty Buffalo Mountain. Visit us soon for an experience you will treasure for a lifetime.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Chateau Morrisette - Best Restaurants in Floyd ›
Chateau Morrisette reviews from OpenTable diners
291 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (253)special occasion (195)great for outdoor dining (173)notable wine list (163)great for lunch (154)romantic (144)great for brunch (133)fit for foodies (103)good for groups (90)neighborhood gem (49)kid-friendly (27)hot spot (16)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Had a wonderful timemighttryagainDined on 10/19/2014It was perfect for the lunch for 2. We were late and took us anyway. The food was great lots if variety that day. Our waiter couldn't have done anything any better, he was very attentive to our needs. The quiche and collard greens were my favorite. My husband and I will definitely go back for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Although we thought the buffet was a little pricey, the food, service and ambience was excellent! Our second visit to this restaurant and we also enjoyed a tour of the winery and the wine tasting before brunch. We highly recommend the restaurant at Chateau Morrisette!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDaniDined on 10/18/2014We love C. M.----but Saturday evening was a big disappointment. We took week-end guests and they were unimpressed. Our server was inexperienced and distracted. I believe it was not his fault, but he couldn't answer questions about the food because he had never eaten the selections we asked about. We were there over 30 min. before the he brought our bread. He was, however, very friendly and polite. The restaurant was out of some things and we were there at 7:15. I should say that my selection was excellent, but no one else was as pleased. The shrimp & grits, which are usually excellent, was lacking. We will definitely go back because, always before, we have been quite pleased and hope we will be again.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I took my boyfriend there to surprise him for his birthday. Luckily, we made a reservation so we were able to eat there. We were both extremely pleased with the food, the service, and the atmosphere. We finished lunch/dinner just in time for the last tour so we did the wine tour and a tasting. We both had a great time and loved the experience. It was romantic and perfect for the occasion. We will definitely be back and maybe bring a few friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food Great wineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Fall is their busiest time of the year so don't expect fast service. Instead enjoy the good food, great wine, great scenery and most important the quality time with the loved ones you are sharing this experience with!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate mistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The restaurant has a beautiful view. The wine was excellent. The wait staff had approximately 3 tables. We were told when we arrived that food service was running slow but over 2 hours is not acceptable. My party ran out of tea and water numerous times. We were not updated on the status of our meals. Numerous tables left angrily. The chicken was grilled with no seasonings. The chicken fingers were to be fried and they were grilled. Normally my granddaughter eats chicken served any way and she would knot eat it. Her potatoes were cool. My strawberry salad was excellent. The appatizers were wonderful. When we had visited last summer the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Do not go there on a weekend in OctOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We got there on time for our reservation but waited 30 minutes to be seated. Then they lost our order, so waited a further hour for food. They took off half of the cost of the bottle of wine that we ordered, but kept on blaming it on being leaf peeping weather. The food was good when it arrived, but was not impressed with the service at all. Avoid on the weekends during leaf peeping weather!Special Features:
- Great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We came for lunch and a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We were a little early, so we walked around the winery and grabbed a couple of bottles to take home. The lunch was excellent; I had the pork with chile and cinnamon spice rub. My wife had one of the specials, which was beef Wellington pie. Both were excellent, and we shared a nice little dessert to complete the experience. The views and the decorations made the whole thing memorable. It was Saturday and peak of the fall leaf season, so we were grateful that we booked ahead online to avoid the wait.Special Features:
- Don't Miss Chateau Morrisette!LynnDined on 10/18/2014What a delight!! From the scenic drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway to the beautiful view from Chateau Morrisette, one feels as if you are on a postcard or work of art! Sampling the wines is a treat, but the real treat is the dining experience!! The service was outstanding and the food superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was great as was the service. Too cool for outdoor dining,but the scenery was awesome.Special Features:
- Great Fall MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014We are frequent visitors to CM and we always bring new guests with us for the food and ambience. We dined there this weekend at the height of leaf-peeping. What a treat!Special Features:
- Food Good……Service sloooowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We (my wife and I) were seated within 3 minutes of our reservation time despite a mob waiting for tables. Our waitress (Brea, I believe) was pleasant and took our order in a timely fashion. From there the service staggered to a super-pace. When the food (wife's cobb salad and my salmon) arrived, we were pleased with the quality. Both featured fresh ingredients that were well prepared and met our expectations. A shared dessert of grasshopper was a splendid finish. We will go back, but always with reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really bad service under pressureFoodieFromTheBronxDined on 10/17/2014At the height of fall foliage, the place was packed at 2 pm, servers steaming back and forth. After waiting 25 minutes for our lunch plates, a scurrying busboy dropped off my duck-and-dumplings and wife's shrimp-and-grits at our bar-table, then she vanished into the crowd. Both dishes were dismally "luke-cool," but we had to flag down another server and wait five minutes before our order-taker came by. "Oh? I'll have the kitchen warm these up." Another ten minutes passed before the meals came back, this time with nice warm rolls, but no spoon for the duck broth. No suggestion about water or wine refills. But especially no apology. Tasty food. Long wait to clear empty dishes. No "Coffee and dessert?" "Our check, please."Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014From the food to wine to service, this restaurant is five star all around. Every time we have an opportunity to be in the area, we will be back. Can't wait until next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nitpick1Dined on 10/17/2014although we arrived early for our reservation, we were seated quickly. the waitress was quick, attentive, with a pleasant smile and ready conversation. the food was very good and the view Virginia countryside and mountains was wonderful. an overall wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fall LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We drove to the Floyd, VA area to see the fall colors and decided to have lunch at Chateau Morrisette (our third visit). We made reservations through Open Table and were glad we did - many others had the same idea. We were seated on time and our waiter was friendly and professional - he knew the menu and wines. We were impressed with the quality, quantity and presentation of all the foods. My wife had an appetizer and the portion was large - similar to my portion of a different dish. Lunch at Chateau Morrisette was the highlight of our day - highly recommend and will go back.Special Features:
- Love the Chateau!RibbonDined on 10/13/2014perfect lunch on a perfect rainy day! The Star Dog sparkling wine was very good.Special Features:
- rspsDined on 10/13/2014Another "new" menu which reflects another change and an increase in prices. Wait staff appears to always be new, which does not always leads to a good experience.Special Features:
- 1st Year AnniversaryPhilDined on 10/12/2014I drove almost 3 hours to bring my wife to Chateau Morrisette to celebrate our 1st Year Anniversary. Our waitress was not bad, but she was not good... and not what I expected. "Do you want something to drink besides water" is not a question you should hear from wait staff at a fancy restaurant at a winery. The food was good - not great, Sundays they only serve a brunch buffet. So, basically the dining experience was a bust... while the actual winery was good. The staff at the winery, both tour guide and tasting room, did a great job. If I was able to offer a words of advice to the management, it would be... have your staff ask: "what bring you here today?" A couple's 1st Wedding Anniversary seems like a great opportunity to really shine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Experience!SunBumDined on 10/11/2014So many choices in this lovely restaurant! Eat inside, by the fireplace, or outside overlooking the scenic mountains! The staff is so friendly, polite, and most helpful. Very efficient service! The menu is 5-star by an outstanding chef, and we were most surprised by the more than ample size portions of each course we ordered. I must commend this restaurant and the chef for it would be impossible for anyone to leave it unhappy! I'm sure it is a favorite of the locals and a pure treat for travelers! We hope to return there often in the future. We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StevesreviewsStevesreviewsDined on 10/11/2014The food was awesome as was the wine, but the service was somewhat slack. We were in an open dining hall type setting so the noise level was quite high. There are no cushioned seats, just the good ole hard wood chairs.Special Features:
- My first visitNewtwofloydDined on 10/10/2014I have been blessed to be able to experience numerous ocasions of fine dinning around the world. I'm not an eccentric person. Just like fine dinning. The staff is excellent, the structure is okay. Dont sit at the tables for two by the windows,the vent is there and you will be cold or hot depending on the season. I ordered the fillett and is was smothered with a pimento sauce that was a little too much making me worried about steak, which was outstanding. Wine is excellent. Desert was great but I felt robbed. For the cost, I expected more than a doll house tea cup size of desert. Over all, I would dine there again,however I probably would hold off on ordering a desert. And ask not to be seated by the kitchen door way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLeafloverDined on 10/10/2014I have eaten at Chateau Morrisette several times but this time was disappointing. Although not crowded, the wait staff was not as attentive as he should have been. Also the menu items sounded delicious but of the 4 ordered, only one came out as expected. Normally, I recommend Chateau Morrisette but I cannot based on this visit.Special Features:
- Worth the drive!Lovegoodfood54Dined on 10/9/2014We live 2 hours away by interstate, 3 hours by the Blue Ridge Parkway. There has not been a visit that wasn't absolutely lovely - all four seasons. The food is excellent - the duck spring rolls are must try. If you haven't been here, you are missing an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- localfoodietransplantDined on 10/9/2014The server was very attentive and the meal flowed well. The appetizer was a bit skimpy for the price and the pate rather bland but the caesar salad was quite good. One of the diners who had the risotto with duck confit thought the overall taste was excellent though the duck was chewier than she'd experienced before. Two others had the pork tenderloin and one other had the beef tenderloin. Each dish was rated as overall very good. The collards received high praise! The pineapple upside downcake and peach cheesecake were excellent. The grasshopper pie and chocolate cake not so good. Chocolate cake had a grainy texture and the chocolate of the pie was very "solid". The New Belgium was a hit and the Pino Noir was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- retired localsunshine63Dined on 10/9/2014We completely enjoyed our lunch, the food was wonderful and many choices were offered to satisfy our entire party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mighty Fine Wineluv2wineDined on 10/8/2014Great food, excellent service, great fall view from table... and oh yes and as Joy To The World says "Jeremiah always had mighty fine wine". We will be back the case we purchased will not last long!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the wait!Vawineav8torDined on 10/5/2014Finally got a chance to have Sunday brunch. Food, atmosphere and wine were divine. Wonderful way to celebrate anniversaries. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!ksetDined on 10/5/2014They have the most amazing Sunday brunch buffet. It's worth the cost if you've never been. This is my third time going just for the buffet and once again, it didn't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chateau MorrisetteBRPviewDined on 10/5/2014I heard about this restaurant from a magazine and decided it would be a good day trip fron Greensboro, NC. I made reservations for the Sunday brunch, very easy online. When we arrived we had a window seat and were seated on time. Wonderful views and located just off the Blue Ridge Parkway! There was good variety of food both luncheon and breakfast items. It was hot and refreshed frequently. They had made to order omelets, pancakes, and several meats as well as fish. They also had a good assortment of fresh fruits and salads. Our waiter was excellent, attentive but not overly so. There was available seating for walk-ins in the center of the room but I would recommend reservations. We will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Gorgeous day!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014Was an absolutely gorgeous day on the Blue Ridge! We sat near a window with a view of the countryside. The Sunday brunch is always delicious with many options. The banquet room is noisy and at times hard to talk. We had the Sunday buffet, so the server had little to do, but she was missing for much of the lunch. Maybe she also had other tables in the main dining area. I had to go to the check in table to have her bring us our check. Regardless, the views of the countryside were incredible, the food was delicious and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!chicksatchateauDined on 10/4/2014Took my sister Saturday night for her birthday. Food was fantastic, service was great, view was awesome!! She said it was one of the best bdays she's ever had!! What more can I say!! We will be back!Special Features:
- What a memory!ItsAllgoodDined on 10/4/2014Last minute decision for a special 20th anniversary celebration! Friends recommended it. Impeccable service! Gorgeous view! Wine tasting was so much fun and interesting. Cozy elegant intimate and relaxed restaurant. The food was wonderful! Get the filet! This will be a place we will visit for years to come! Thank you for such a beautiful memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Wonderful food with excellent service from wait staff. Combination of adjacent winery with first class service made for an enjoyable late afternoon experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent diningpickiedinerDined on 10/3/2014Have dined here on numerous occasions and always find it a pleasure. The menu selection is nicely varied - from appetizers to deserts. and is always delicious - beautifully prepared and presented. The wait staff if always friendly and helpful and the service is timely. I always look forward to an opportunity to dine there, for either lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another outstanding meal!!SbparriTNDined on 10/3/2014We have visited Chateau Morrisette's restaurant on numerous occasions and each time we find the food to be incredibly wonderful! This time was no exception. We even stayed an extra day in the area so that we could dine there on the following night. It was a foggy Friday evening and the place looked ethereal and so romantic! With their superb wines at the low winery prices, having the appropriate wines with your meal is so affordable. All these things assist to make the dining experience memorable but it is the food with its inventive and creative flavors that take it over the top. We again found ourselves voicing nothing more than mono-syllabic utterances as we enjoyed the menu items. We HIGHLY recommend this place to everyone!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chateau at it's bestHonAgeuriDined on 10/1/2014Our first and most memorable dining experience here was years ago in front of a burning fireplace with about 3 other couples present. Over the years I felt some of the excellence and charm was being lost as the word spread about Chateau Morrisette. This week, however, our lunch of Beef Wellington pie (scrumptious) and the tenderloin orange zest dish, along with the personal service, gracious ambiance and magnificent view was as outstanding as that first cherished Chateau memory. Whatever you are doing, keep it up. You've got it right.Special Features:
- Our favorite place to go.AnthonyDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I love Chateau Morrisette. We go every year. The food is absolutely amazing. The wine is perfect. The views are spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HuntDined on 9/28/2014I made reservations and asked for a nice view because I was bringing a friend who has 3 to 6 months to live and I wanted it to be special instead we were given a table with no view. This is the 2nd time I have asked for a view and was not satisfied with the seating. This time it was extremely disappointing
- brunchThe place is greatANNIVERSARYDined on 9/28/2014I think if you ate in your restaurant that the visit to the winery for wine tasting should be free. But everything at the restaurant was wonderful. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.