Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach
231 Yacht Club Way
Redondo Beach, CA 90277Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3103723464x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rafael Sanchez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach
The waves almost break at your table at this surfside Chart House in Redondo Beach. If you’re looking for the heart & soul of Southern California, this is it! It’s within walking distance to many of the area’s fabulous beaches & hotels. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Pan Seared Scallops and New Wave Surf & Turf. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach - Best Restaurants in Redondo Beach ›
Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (165)special occasion (127)romantic (99)good for groups (44)neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (29)great for brunch (20)great for lunch (13)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerbirthdaydinnerDined on 8/30/2014The dinner was delicious... The atmosphere was great and our server, Fred was attentive.Special Features:
- Dinner and a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We were fortunate to be seated at the best table in the place, the corner window table. Service was perfect, the food delectable and the view of the beach/surf was wonderful. Highly recommend this Chart House!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014One pays for the scenic view and location; over priced for the quality of food. Great place to take out of towners who are not too concerned about food or cost.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Great location, always great service, food is always great, a bit pricey but good!Special Features:
- Date NightCrendesDined on 8/26/2014Perfect place for a date, a bit pricy but the food is great and the view is amazing. ~$100 for two people w/o drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a little dry.AlittledryDined on 8/22/2014Although the ambience and view were great, the chicken and steak were dry. In their favor, the wait staff made sure to try and correct the problem.Special Features:
- Lovely view but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Food was excellent and view amazing, at sunset the dolphins are swimming by so really special. Do think that its very expensive and service was average for the type of money that you are paying. Better options for this kind of price but can't beat the view.Special Features:
- Could do better.VMMMVIPDined on 8/18/2014This visit wasn't up to the high standards Chart House usually practices, in all respects. Management just needs to touch all bases within his/her restaurant. We still like it and will be back.Special Features:
- Seaside Dininglove2seeasunsetDined on 8/15/2014Great service - great food - great view. Enjoyed a drink with a shrimp appetizer and then a bottle of wine with dinner. Topped it off with mud pie for dessert. Had to walk homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineenjoyDined on 8/13/2014the location and view is the draw at this spot. the service and food remain fair.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic waterfront diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Right on the beach, beautiful panoramic view of the ocean. Relaxing and intimate. Food was very tasty. Waiter was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Diner75Dined on 8/11/2014The food quality and the waitress we had made for a memorable dining experience. It was very important that our East Coast visitors be impressed and go back home with rave reviews----and you did not let me down. We had a fabulous choice of items on the menu and each one was a winner.Special Features:
- Chart House GatheringChartfoodfunDined on 8/10/2014Wonderful view of beach and ocean, wide variety and high quality food, excellent service and energetic atmosphere made for great gathering place for friends and family from out of town.Special Features:
- Good food; average ambienceRedondoPaulDined on 8/8/2014We took a large group here for dinner. The Chart House provides a reliable selection of seafood. Nothing spectacular, but good, solid cooking. We had two disapointments. The music track was too loud to allow for good converasation to be heard across our large table, and we were allocated a table that did not have a good view of the sea and sunset. I understand that not everyone can have a front row seat, but it does make a difference to get one of the tables with a sea view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedPetite86Dined on 8/8/2014This is the first time I was at this location. I usually go to the one in Malibu (now closed). It was my boyfriend's birthday 08/08/14. I asked for a window seat but I couldn't get it. The food wasn't good at all. We both ordered fish and it was plane with no taste. The sizzling mushroom that I love was very oily. I was disappointed and regret going there for dinner. I will not go back to that location.Special Features:
- Kathy FrankKathyDined on 8/7/2014The Chart House has the most amazing view. We bring all our out of town guests here.Special Features:
- View breathtaking food terrible!TerribleDined on 8/7/2014View breathtaking food and service terrible ! Nasty manager and scared staff !Special Features:
- EntertainmentloverDined on 8/5/2014I invited my customers this time. They were very satisfied with food and atomsphere. I also felt at ease when I chose this restaurant because it served variety foods with high quality , seafood, beef , vegitable .. therefore My custermer could coose the dishes according to thier preferences. The sun set was very beautiful. Therfore my customers aso were happy to see that.Special Features:
- rogerwvDined on 8/2/2014Service was spotty at best, dirty dishes not cleared promptly or at all. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AccommodatinghappygirlDined on 8/1/2014When I arrived at my reservation time on a Saturday night they didn't show my reservation. After checking further they found my reservation had been made for the night before, Friday night. Without any hesitation whatsoever they said they could accommodate me and seated me and my husband immediately. We were there to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful 2 hours to ourselves and enjoyed one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerL0723VIPDined on 7/29/2014We love this restaurant. The food is always consistent and the service is always attentive.Special Features:
- Great nightGDniteDined on 7/29/2014Dinner was great. They honored our request for a window and put the birthday girls' name on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart HouseMorrisDined on 7/28/2014This is our favorite Restaurant. We have been going to this location for over 15 years and have never been disappointed in the food, service or Atmosphere. We would highly recommend the Chart House for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic CharmTammyPDined on 7/27/2014My fiancé and I were celebrating his birthday. Our reservations were for 7:45 pm which allowed us to view the sun setting while we dined in our appetizer. We ordered the crab cake with the avocado/corn dressing which was bursting with flavor. The wine list is very impressive as well. My fiancé ordered the prime rib dinner, and I selected the crunchy coconut shrimp with crab fried rice. Both entrees were cooked to perfection and full of flavor. The restaurant is located on the beach, with tranquil views of sand and cascading waves. Our server Michael was very knowledgeable of the menu and provided great recommendations. This is a great restaurant, and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was Horrible!PanacheDined on 7/27/2014When we walked in it smelled like a sewer and they had fans blowing in the front. We ordered Filet Mignon and it was way undercooked - when I cut into it blood was running on the plate. So they took it back to refire it they said it was a good training occurrence. There we nats flying around and 1 ended up in our food. We had not been there in years and now I remember why. Will not be going back there again.
- 7 26 14DinerDined on 7/26/2014There was an odor coming form the bathroom. It smelled like a sewage leak. They placed fans to disspell it but it seemingly only spread it. I am sure that it is not permanent but it did not add to my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had a lovely time...lovelynightsbyethebeachDined on 7/26/2014Great place to watch a sun set. Wonderful food, friendly environment and the prices compliment the quality of the food well. Definitely coming back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & View!nyjacmacDined on 7/26/2014Even though we were 10 minutes late, we were still seated at a table with a great view of the ocean. We were dining with out of town friends & they loved the service & the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Admirable redemptionFrequentfryerDined on 7/25/2014After a couple of less than stellar experiences here this visit was excellent. Valet parking was very convienient. The food was great as well as the service, a pleasant engaging waitstaff, wonderfull house wines, and window seating as requested made for a very enjoyable birthday dinner. Server Elizabeth was attentive and not too hurried allowing us to enjoy the ocean views aproaching sunset at leasure. The fresh fish offerings were cooked to perfection as well as the steak, and the topper of complementary birthday mudpie made for an overall 4 and 1/2 star experience. The only drawback to the whole evening was the background music that was too loud and frenetic for the eightysomethings, we will be returning for another occaision soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedChicago77ladyDined on 7/19/2014Disappointed in food. We usually visit every couple of months.Special Features:
- view outstanding food inedibleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014I want to start by saying, what is written below has not been my experience at other Chart Houses. This pertains only to the Redondo Beach location. Although the salad bar was excellent, everything else we were served was inedible. My fish was overcooked, my husband's chicken was dry and my son's shrimp was tough and chewy. The hot lava cake was so overcooked, there was no lava to be had. Having said that, if you're looking for a great place to people watch with gorgeous beach views, this is the placeSpecial Features:
- dineenjoyDined on 7/12/2014everything was fine but big mix up in the check still don't think it was rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid standards.BarbandDinoDined on 7/11/2014The Chart House isn't exotic or flashy, however it is very good at standard seafood. They offer enough options on how your fish is prepared to make a wide crowd happy. They also offer enough surf-turf options to keep the non fish folks or little ones happy too. They generally stay stocked well with a spread of available fish and shell fish and the menu shows many ways that they can offer each one, even if it isn't how it is listed on the main menu. No matter who you take there, they should be more than happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating IssuesSpankyDined on 7/11/2014Restaurant sat us right near the waiter's service area and there was very little room behind my chair and the table behind us. Despite this limited space between the tables waiters and bus boys insisted in trying to squeeze by and I was getting bumped throughout the meal. Also, the tray of dishes and left over food from cleaning tables was literally two feet away from me and this killed the ambiance of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodexceptionaltuDined on 7/10/2014a mainstay when seeking an upscale local restaurant, ocean views, great food, a better than average wine list, and always assured "over the top" service. Nothing better ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2014I have been going to this restaurant for over 40 years, always goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy & loudDmisohnDined on 7/5/2014We wanted a quiet dinning with our senior pastor and his wife and it was requested in advance. For some reason, the host sat us right next to a group of people (with kids) in the separated section of the restaurant, not on the main floor where we normally sit. There were many empty seats then. It was so noisy and chaotic that we couldn't get much conversation going, not what I expected from a classy restaurant where we dined for many years...very disappointing. The service of the waitresses were good as always.Special Features:
- MyluckyfineDined on 7/3/2014Great service, had a incredible time will always remember...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewVIPDined on 7/1/2014We enjoy Chart House for most of our family birthday dinners. We did enjoy dinner, food was good. Server was nice but not overly attentive. Have been to other Chart Houses and we always liked the Redondo one since it did not seem as much of a chain restaurant but it was not as this time. The one thing that disappointed me the most was we were there for a birthday celebration and stated on reservation. NOT once did anyone acknowledge a birthday. Table next to us sort of had that same experience since I heard the gentleman say to his server when their dessert came out, "It is her birthday, does she not get acknowledged?" The server apologized for not knowing and brought her a personalized menu. Sad no acknowledgment for celebrations?Special Features:
- MCACDined on 6/29/2014Dinner with the ocean breaking at the window is special.Special Features: