C'est Le Vin Wine Bar
15 N. 17th St.
Richmond, VA 23219Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
C'est Le Vin Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cestlevinrva.com/about.html
- Phone: 8046499463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 2:00pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Carly Herring
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Dancing, Entertainment, Late Night, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a wonderful space for events - - rehearsal dinners, bridal/baby showers, office/corporate soirees, etc. Please contact the talent & event coordinator for more information & details.
- Private Party Contact: Genet 8046499463
- Entertainment: Every Wednesday--"A Class & A Glass"--Argentine Tango lesson from 8:00pm-9:00pm, Tango Milonga from 9:00pm-11:00pm $12 includes the lesson and a glass of wine 1st & 3rd Friday--Wine Down--DJ prolific spins the ones and twos for urban professionals--9:00pm-Midnight Fri/Sat--Wine Tasting 5:30pm-8:00pm
A word from C'est Le Vin Wine Bar
We at C'est Le Vin know the art of relaxation rests in the small things in life. That's why we've created a cozy spot where wine can be sipped, food can be savored, and friends can always be seen. With our passion for all things wine, we've handpicked a widespread list of affordable wines from around the globe meant for the newbie and connoisseur alike. And we didn't stop there; We also have a flair for food. We take pride in our menu of carefully selected dishes, including select cheeses and mixes of handmade ingredients to create something special. So, whether you're trying a complex red or a crisp white, our unique art, distinctly flavored small plates, and relaxed atmosphere will be sure to compliment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
C'est Le Vin Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (3)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Really enjoyed our time here. Great atmosphere, super helpful service and tasty food. I'll definitely be returning...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C'est Le Bravo!!LynnePDined on 10/16/2014Enjoyed the open mic, the original poetry and the great music. Will definitely return for the poetry and for those special romantic nights when inwant something different but local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining & wine find!FrancesDined on 8/28/2014The title says it all. Polenta is a must-try, as are roasted potatoes and white anchovies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas experienceNSBvisitorDined on 8/1/2014If you like to try different food, this works well. We only had one which was less desirable for our taste. The others were really good. Service could have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 17 reviews are from the C'est Le Vin Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Quaint wine barChipmunkDined on 6/20/2014From the outside, it doesn't look like much but your impression will change as soon as you step inside and see the gorgeous interior and artwork. The server was nice and helpful. We had a bottle of wine from Jacey Vineyards, a flaming cheese plate, a Spanish tortilla, veal meatballs, garlic shrimp, and chili chocolate creme brûlée. After using a $30 groupon, our bill was only $30. It was a great value for amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holy Wine Bar, Batman!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014This place is fantastic and the only complaint I have is that I didn't go there sooner! I will definitely be a repeat customer! Loved it! The food was amazing, the wine list was good, and they have a beer list too (you have to ask for it though). Small or large plate tapas and a few daily entree specials, including a vegetarian option, are all on the menu. I highly recommend the cheese plate and bread and butter for the table. Excellent excellent excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Tapas and Wine!DebbiePDined on 2/21/2014We had tapas and wine to sample both food and drink for an upcoming engagement party at C'est Le Vin. The waiter and owner were very hospitable and attentive to our needs. We tried many dishes that were all very good, and this was the best polenta I have ever eaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day Slam DunkHughJanusDined on 2/14/2014I've been here about three or four times and I've always had great food, great service and a great time. I chose C'est Le Vin the other day for a romantic Valentine's night dinner and was very pleased with their truncated menu for the occasion. The menu's selections and wine pairings were just the thing to kick off a great night. Their regular menu features a broad range of delicious tapas and, of course, wine. I would recommend C'est Le Vin to pretty much anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/8/2014Perfect. We were a group of 6, shared six of the large plates which was perfect. Every dish was very good. Check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet night outMikeDined on 11/13/2013My girlfriend and I had a unexpected free night out, so we remembered this place. We love wine and small plate servings, we loved it. The service was great they offered a sample of all the wines we wanted, this lead to a notice bottle of wine with wonderful food. We highly recommend a visit here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find! Vegetarian friendly!larakate14Dined on 10/9/2013Reasonably priced with lots of options for non-meat eaters. Sangria was tasty. Ambiance was sparse but the walls were covered in art for sale, which is always fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night spot!2thfaeryDined on 10/4/2013Been here a couple times and absolutely love it. Order tapas one or two at a time and enjoy them as they come out. They have an awesome wine list too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as Always!MuseumDistrictResidentDined on 10/2/2013My husband and I have been there 3 times now. We get cravings for this place! First off, the owner and staff are always so wonderful and make you feel welcome. The wine list is amazing and they give great recommendations. The tapas are fantastic and we always share a couple and leave full and satisfied. I love the uniqueness of this restaurant and how much thought goes into each piece of food. Of course we will continue to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first visit diningdcdinerVIPDined on 8/16/2013This was our first visit dining here. The wait staff was helpful in explaining the menu. The tapas was very good and is offered in two sizes. We went on Friday evening and were pleasantly surprised to have a jazz band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious tapasPICKYEATERDined on 8/9/2013I'm pretty picky about tapas but was extremely pleased with the food we were served. Every single dish was enough for two people and absolutely delicious. My only complaint would be the random assortment of seating they had at the tables. For the style restaurant you'd expect the tables and chairs to fit however they did not. Hoping that they're going to fix this soon. Outside of that little complaint I'll definitely be returning! The prices were super reasonable for what you were getting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas For FoodiesPhillyPhoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2013This was a GREAT place for food in Richmond. Quiet setting and attentive service. We kept the waiter surprised with each "round" of small plates we ordered. All of them cooked perfectly and came to the table in a timely fashion.Special Features:
- Good FoodVgabVIPDined on 6/22/2013Very good food. Great atmosphere with very good music. Service could be much better.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2013Tapas are delicious! Very laid back atmosphere and very busy on Friday nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food + Live MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2013My first time at C'est le Vin with a small group of friends. We went on a Wednesday night and were treated to a live music show. The band was excellent, but it was a little loud and slightly difficult to talk during dinner since we weren't expecting the performance. The food was excellent and having the choice of small or larger portions was great. The waiter was very helpful and friendly. My glass of wine was corked and when asked for a new one, he gladly opened a new bottle for me. The beer selection is decent, but are all in bottles; the wine list has more character. Unfortunately Richmond does not have cheap tapas, so the bill was a bit pricey. Going with a groupon special helped immensely. Recommended for special occasions.Special Features:
- Nice location in Shockoe Bottom.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Nice location in Shockoe Bottom. Server was very good. Wine was good. Food was awful though. Nothing was freshly prepared. Meatballs tasted as if they were microwaved with sauce added on top. The crab dish was not much better. Would not recommend or return until new chef comes on board.
- Will Not Be BackPHCVADined on 2/23/2013The tapas was good but the service was terrible. Our waitress was new, which she told us, but it was unreasonably slow. The other waiter seemed to be relatively quick so I do not think the problem (or at least the entire problem) was due to a slow kitchen staff The utensils were so cheap and lightweight I think they were from the Dollar Store. The chairs were horrible chairs you see in a Holiday Inn meeting room. They band was okay. Didn't set foot on the bar and merchandise side so I cannot speak to that. I usually do not give a poor review but I had to in this instance.